Fantasy Football "Who Should I Start" Thread, 2013

As I said, I don't have to play him. It's a speculation play. But I need a potential game-changer. I don't think the 5-10 points the other guys will likely get me is enough. Nicks could put up 2 points...but there is also the outside chance he could potentially have a great game.
He's had a stretch of about 17 straight games where he's done nothing. I mean, anything can happen, but there's probably better upside starts on your waiver wire than Nicks.

Well, good luck to whoever still in the race. I was 10 points from getting to the championship game. It's only fitting that I lose with my first and second round pick; A. Morris and C.J. Spiller. I haven't started them together and not Spiller at all, since week 5 or 6 and yet I had to no choice this week. If A. Luck doesn't throw a pick + A. Morris not fumble twice (first time in his career too) + 4 points from any player or combo of players and I win. But you know what, that's not the craziest part for me. The craziest part was seeing that J. Gordon was putting up a zero after a whole quarter(or more I think) of the game played. I'm thinking he's got injured/concussion or something at this point. I click on the breaking news icon next to his name and what do I read? J. Gordon was in a minor car accident on Saturday. OMFG!!! lol. Truth, right there and then the feeling of over settle right on my stomach.
Yeah the car accident had nothing to do with his game, or lack thereof. He was only targeted once in the first half and had no yards. He scored on a broken 43-yard play that should never have happened at the very end of the game, miraculously salvaging his day.

He's had a stretch of about 17 straight games where he's done nothing. I mean, anything can happen, but there's probably better upside starts on your waiver wire than Nicks.
Hmmm, he hasn't scored in that stretch, but to say he's done nothing is incorrect. He has 50 catches and 800 yards this year, and that's having missed the Dallas game. And no, it's a 12-team league, and everyone plays until the end (consolation games), so the waiver wire is beyond bare. The best skill position players on it are probably Todman (if MJD doesn't play) and Marlon Brown.

After some snooping, it came to light that our league manager was changing his lineup throughout the season after games have started. We caught him this week switching out Greg Olsen for Greg Jennings well into the third quarter of the Vikings game. Besides from confronting him, what do we do? He made the playoffs but after examining the earlier times he has done it, he cost another player a spot in the playoffs. Do we kick him out and allow his opponent this week into the next round? Do we nullify the entire season and give everyone a refund?
The commissioner of a league I was in several years ago was doing this shit. He was also editing the scoring so you would wake up and scores would not look right. What an ass, we kicked his ass and let him have his league.

Kick this asshat out of your league and refund everyone, or spend the money on some beer.

Just out of curiosity, were you playing in a league online? Most lock players after games start.

I'm just awestruck that somebody would have even done that.

Boot his ass out for sure. I mean that's just complete disrespect to try to pull that garbage. Our Commissioner Is Kinda Terrible And Had a terrible season but at least he took all his losses

Championship game, big money is on the line.

QB's Foles against Chicago, thoughts? I could pick up Tannehill/Cutler. I have Ryan but I think SF is going to beat up ATL

3rd WR (Marvin Jones or Jennings) If Welker plays I'll use him

RBs Murray/Morris are a lock for starters. Need advice on Flex Woodhead or Bernard?

Guy I'm playing has Charles, J Thomas, and J Gordan, I am most worried about those 3. He also has Cam Newton and Steve Smith but I dont expect them to go off against NO. He also has Douglas and White.

I know lots of questions, but thanks for the input

I like Foles, Jones, and Woodhead.

I doubt Smith will go off, because he hasn't all year, but keep in mind that the game is Carolina. Likely that New Orleans won't be able to shut down Cam like they did at home.

Was able to get Todman off of waivers. If MJD doesn't go, think I will start him. The Titan run defense is awful, and they have given up 2 scores to running backs something like 7 times this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feeling fairly confident about both my teams this week, but looking for a second opinion on my WRs.

PPR - Alshon Jeffery or Pierre Garcon?

Standard - Alshon Jeffery or DeSean Jackson?

Currently leaning Garcon and Jeffery respectively.

Unless Vernon Davis can hang a 51 on me tomorrow night I am going to be the league champion for the second time in 3 years (also made the finals last year). Woo hoo!!!! I went wire to wire finishing with the best record and the most points. Easily my best season yet.

Peyton, McCoy and the Pats D went nuts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless A. Bold in scores 50+ and Tony Gonzales drops a goose egg tomorrow I will win my big money work league. I was 8-6 entering the playoffs on a 4 game winning streak. Hell I had to score 160 in the final game of the regular season just to make it in. Beat the #2 and #1 seeded teams to win it all if aforementioned doesn't happen. I love Fantasy Football!

Have my second championship (in a row) locked up in the work league. Won by a point as long as Bryant doesn't fumble a fake FG pass or something.

The other league looks good as well. Up 15 and my opponent only has San Francisco's defense left. As long as Atlanta doesn't get shut out, I like my chances there to move into the Championship game.

Dodged a bullet with Drew Brees this week and Peyton Manning last week. Being 7-6 and having crippling injuries (and owning Spiller), I knew it'd take a miracle, but damn, Cinderella is going to the ball.

Ok so I'm up 14 in my title-game. I have Kaepernick and Dawson, he has Gore and SF D. 1/2 point PPR, 6 points passing TDs. Think I hold on?

Well Im up 34 pts. Tucker didnt do anything as my kicker, Megatron didnt go off, and Jennings did terrible (I should have gone with M. Jones). My opponent didnt get much production from Cam Newton, Steve Smith, Vereen, or Streater. My RBs came through! 

This will be my first championship, unless R White explodes against SF I think I got it

Congrats to everybody who won their title game this week!

My big money league goes by total points for the year and doesn't end until next week, so I'm still in the chase for my championship. I won last year and have a very legitimate shot this year.

My Yahoo league was nuts though. I was out of the playoffs but my uncle was down 20 points in the third place game (which pays $50) and had absolutely no shot at winning....but he did. He had both the SF defense and Bowman as a defensive player!  :shock: It literally went down to the last score of the last game. This is why fantasy football is amazing.

If only San Fran didn't have that late game pick 6. I still won, so I'm fine, but the other semifinal game was affected. Now I get to face against Alshon Jeffery and Demarco Murray next week. Jeffery, no big deal, but since I have Murray as well, sucks I can't use him for the advantage I was hoping for since I expect a huge game from him next week.

The guy that he beat had Dez Bryant, Zac Stacy, and CJ Spiller (guys I also have), but since I'm already considering benching two of those guys, that matchup wasn't as worrisome in a sense.

Rest of their teams are fairly similar so is what it is though.

As is though, here's hoping I can get the $450 payday, but if not, my team had a good run (and I still get $225 iirc). After the injuries I suffered, fully expected to be one and done in the playoffs if I made them at all, and here I am. Crazy.

I know sites like fan duel do weekly contests like that. I've never heads of it in a fantasy league.
What seems like a thousand years ago, my high school friends and I did an NBA league this way. It was pretty cool. If you were lucky enough to get someone really good early in the year for a cheap price, it ended up taking up a massively small amount of your budget. Still prefer the standard league method, but it was definitely something different.

In a total points league I was up 109 points with 2 weeks to go, and I lose by 1.45 points! Unreal! I was up 10.45 points and my opponent had only Tony Gonzalez left last night. Total epic comeback.

What kind of league has the same players on different teams? WTF?
It's a 36 team league, with 4 9 team divisions. You only draft against your division, but when you play outside of your division, there's a chance you and your opponent could have a similar player.

Wow. That actually sounds crazy interesting
It brings in a new level of strategy as well. Last week, I didn't have Cameron available so needed a new TE. Didn't like anyone that was there, so picked up Pitta only because my opponent was also starting him.

Need an opinion on two things:

James Jones vs Chi

or

Andre Holmes vs Den

Leaning on Holmes as I'm hoping Denver may sit some of their starters, or at the very least, Oakland has to throw to keep up.

also

Chicago Def vs GB

or

KC Def vs SD

Something I've wondered all week. With Tony Romo out, how much do you like Dez Bryant this week?.

Also, Zac Stacy in Seattle or Jackson/Spiller?

I ended up taking the championship in the last league I still had going this week. Knile Davis paid off big since Charles was out for me. TY Hilton let me down several weeks this season, but he came through for me in the title game.

I was in 4 different CAG leagues this year, and my finishes were 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.

bread's done
Back