Fantasy Football "Who Should I Start" Thread, 2013

God i know bowe has struggled but wrs have cashed in on giants defense... and my opponent is playing alex smith soooo makes sense to play him right. Should i start kembrell thompkins or cecil shorts as my wr #3

God i know bowe has struggled but wrs have cashed in on giants defense... and my opponent is playing alex smith soooo makes sense to play him right. Should i start kembrell thompkins or cecil shorts as my wr #3
I'd start Kenbrell only if Gronkowski is not playing this week. The two touchdowns last week were a fluke. He's still catching less than half the targets thrown to him and those targets are going to go down when Gronk comes back.

I've got Kenbrell, Daryl Richardson, Givens, and Lance Moore for my flex. I'm thinking of picking up Kendall Wright and starting him instead. I just can't trust the Rams on short rest.

Should I start Coby Fleener or Heath Miller at TE? Leaning toward Miller since my opponent is starting Roethlisberger.

Guy who has stafford and andre johnson still wants to trade for spiller and bowe hes desperate do i pull the trigger or just let go on my hopes spiller will pan out

Am I crazy for thinking about benching A. Johnson and H. Nicks this week in favor of R. Streater and R. Broyles? It seems to me that Streater and Broyles will have the better matchups this week.

Also thinking of starting I. Pead as my flex, do you think this smart or not?
Need help with this ASAP do you think its safe to dress Pead as my Flex or should I replace him with A. Johnson or H. Nicks?

I have Rodgers on bye this week.  What should I do at QB?

C. Palmer vs. TB (He is currently my back-up.  I also have Fitz.)

T.Pryor vs. WSH (If he even plays.)

Roth vs. MIN (MIN has given up quite a few TDs in the air this season)

S. Bradford vs. SF (Has the most points currently between the 4)

Last edited by a moderator:
So at Flex this week Bernard or Bell? (Reggie Bush will play this weekend). I snagged Woodhead...

Happy with the one TD from Vernon Davis so far, but the damn 49'ers have been playing like they have an insurmountable lead since half-way through the third quarter.  Kap missed a wide open VDavis on that last possession.  Come on guys, get me some more yards.

And my god, do the Rams look like garbage. 

OK, I am trying to find a dependable WR2, another team in my league has WR's to spare.  Quick recap:

My RBs: AP, Forte, CJ2k, GioBernard, LeVeon Bell

His WRs: Julio Jones, AJ Green, Roddy White, DeAndre Hopkins, Josh Gordon.

I've made any of the last three available, he's done the same.  I'm hoping Cincy holds Gordon down and I can snag him away.  What do you think about that guy this year?  Good enough to play weekly?

So glad I didn't bite on starting Richardson tonight with Pead out. I'm about ready to drop him, he's garbage along with the Rams entire offense.

Should I start...

Michael Vick(@DEN)
Andrew Luck(@JAX)

I'm leaning Vick since they will be playing from behind all game and I see Luck possibly sitting or only running the ball in the 4th quarter Sunday.

Need to start two of these guys at receiver, two at RB, and one at the Flex.

RB's
L. McCoy
A. Morris
B. Bolden

WR's
A. Johnson
H. Nicks
R. Broyles
R. Streater

These guys are also available to pick up at receiver this week.

N. Washington

M. Brown-(Best Matchup it seems against the Bills)

L. Hankerson

S. Rice

R. Meachum

D. Avery

C. Shorts

J. Avent

S. Hill

T.Y. Hilton

OK, I am trying to find a dependable WR2, another team in my league has WR's to spare. Quick recap:

My RBs: AP, Forte, CJ2k, GioBernard, LeVeon Bell

His WRs: Julio Jones, AJ Green, Roddy White, DeAndre Hopkins, Josh Gordon.

I've made any of the last three available, he's done the same. I'm hoping Cincy holds Gordon down and I can snag him away. What do you think about that guy this year? Good enough to play weekly?
Try to hang onto Bernard if you can. I feel like that guy is a superstar about to happen. I do think Gordon is good enough to start every week. Definitely worth getting him if you can. I heard there are rumors he might be traded, which might make him even more attractive. Then again, I don't know if those rumors are just people being funny after the Richardson trade.

So glad I didn't bite on starting Richardson tonight with Pead out. I'm about ready to drop him, he's garbage along with the Rams entire offense.

Should I start...

Michael Vick(@DEN)
Andrew Luck(@JAX)

I'm leaning Vick since they will be playing from behind all game and I see Luck possibly sitting or only running the ball in the 4th quarter Sunday.
I'd go Luck, but full disclosure- my own lineup decisions this year have been blowing up in my face, so maybe my vote for Luck means Vick is who you should actually go with. Hope that helps. ;)

RB's
L. McCoy
A. Morris
B. Bolden

WR's
A. Johnson
H. Nicks
R. Broyles
R. Streater

N. Washington

L. Hankerson

S. Rice

R. Meachum

D. Avery

C. Shorts

J. Avent

S. Hill

T.Y. Hilton
McCoy and Morris, Johnson and Nicks. Bolden at flex. That's what I'd do, but again, see my answer above.

It's Saturday morning, and I am still hitting my against the wall for starting Tavon Austin Thursday night against the Niners! What was I thinking?!?! Ugh...

Anyway, Bennett against the Lions or Tony G against the Pats Sunday night? Bennett had a great first 2 games, but hurt his shoulder in Week 2 and laid a dud last week. Plus, last year with the Giants, he got off to a real fast start and faded quickly. Could be up his old tricks. I know Gonzalez has not looked good so far this year, but I have a real hard time believing he's gonna go out with a whisper, not a bang.

Would you take E. Manning over A. Dalton as your backup QB? Someone just drop E. Manning in my league.
At this moment, I wouldn't. The Giant offensive line has been a mess, and now Snee and Baas are out. Dalton is not as good as Manning, but his offense is clicking better right now. He has one of the best receivers in the league, 2 really good tight ends, and a running game. Manning obviously has the skills and the weapons at wide receivers (Cruz, Hicks, and Randle), but as I said, the o-line stinks on ice, plus he has no running game to keep anyone honest.

I know they are both on byes this week but would you drop the Packers Defense for the Panthers Defense to have as your primary defense for the rest of the season?

RB's
L. McCoy
A. Morris
B. Bolden

WR's
A. Johnson
H. Nicks
R. Broyles
R. Streater

N. Washington
L. Hankerson
S. Rice
R. Meachum
D. Avery
C. Shorts
J. Avent
S. Hill
T.Y. Hilton
McCoy
Morris

Johnson
Washington

Should I start Giovanni Bernard over Reggie Bush? It's a PPR league.

In another league (non PPR), I need a WR (D. Thomas is in the other slot), a RB (McCoy is my other starter), and a flex player.

My WR options are:

Andre Johnson vs SEA

Julian Edelman vs ATL

TY HIlton vs JAX

My RB options are:

Jacquizz Rodgers vs NE

BJGE vs CLE

Le'Veon Bell vs MIN

I was thinking Johnson at WR, Edelman at flex, and Rodgers at RB. I don't know how much work Bell will get coming off his injury, and the same goes for BJGE with Bernard playing better. Rodgers did fine filling in for Steven Jackson last week.

PPR league - Start Edelman (@ATL) or Josh Gordon (vs Cincy).

Gordon tore it up against Minnesota, but Edelman has the better matchup plus could be more of a shootout.

Also, Tom Brady (@ATL) or Jay Cutler at QB (@DET) - standard scoring.

If you've seen me post here, I'm in the "must start Gordon" camp. He's an elite talent WR and if they are truly trying to trade him he's going to get so many targets.

He only had 19 targets last week lol.

And Fantasy Football is truly about one thing, volume.

If your RB runs more, if your WR gets targeted more, if your QB throws more passes. It's all chances to get more stats.

Russel Wilson against the Texans, or Jay Cutler against the Lions?
I'd go with Cutler this week.

Should I start Giovanni Bernard over Reggie Bush? It's a PPR league.

In another league (non PPR), I need a WR (D. Thomas is in the other slot), a RB (McCoy is my other starter), and a flex player.

My WR options are:

Andre Johnson vs SEA

Julian Edelman vs ATL

TY HIlton vs JAX

My RB options are:

Jacquizz Rodgers vs NE

BJGE vs CLE

Le'Veon Bell vs MIN

I was thinking Johnson at WR, Edelman at flex, and Rodgers at RB. I don't know how much work Bell will get coming off his injury, and the same goes for BJGE with Bernard playing better. Rodgers did fine filling in for Steven Jackson last week.
My choices: Bernard over Bush, and Johnson, Edelman, and Rodgers (same as what you're thinking)

PPR league - Start Edelman (@ATL) or Josh Gordon (vs Cincy).

Gordon tore it up against Minnesota, but Edelman has the better matchup plus could be more of a shootout.

Also, Tom Brady (@ATL) or Jay Cutler at QB (@DET) - standard scoring.
I agree with Destro Vega; Gordon is a must-start right now. I like Cutler this week, but man, it's tough to ever bench Brady. I think I'd roll with Brady.

Anyone hear if ray rice is starting yet? Need to make the change if so...
Rice is active. He'll be starting, but he may not get a huge workload. Temper your expectations for him, especially if they get up early, Pierce may see the bulk of the carries.

Who do you guys like at DST this week- Cincinnati (at Cleveland) or Baltimore (at Buffalo)?

I had the Bengals in my lineup most of the week, but switched them out for the Ravens last night, and now I'm wondering if I should have left it alone.  I've also got Tennessee on my bench (hosting NY Jets)

Last minute help, should I start Ray Rice? I have Alfred Morris, Ben Tate, and Reggie Bush as RB options as well.
If Rice plays all day, I'd say you have to start him over Tate. That said, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Baltimore gets a sizable lead and decides to bench Rice the rest of the day.

Who do you guys like at DST this week- Cincinnati (at Cleveland) or Baltimore (at Buffalo)?

I had the Bengals in my lineup most of the week, but switched them out for the Ravens last night, and now I'm wondering if I should have left it alone. I've also got Tennessee on my bench (hosting NY Jets)
I'd say to stick with Cincy. I think the point totals from their opponents are somewhat interchangeable, but I like the odds more of Cincy getting some picks or sacks.

Jeez...maybe I should have asked about Russel Wilson and Matt Schaub for the PPR league. Can't believe Schaub has 18 on my bench and it's not even halftime while Wilson...

I am glad I went with Cutler over Wilson. While Cutler isn't doing too hot, Chicago should start to air it out to catch up in the game.

WIlson on the other hand is doing nothing. 

Man, I was so very close to dropping Schaub and picking someone else to start this week (Newton on the bye). Only reason I didn't was that there was basically nothing available in my league. Only starters I could have picked up were dregs Cassel, Hoyer, and Henne. After starting Austin Thursday, I decided just to stick with my original plan. Thank god...

My gut was telling me to start Jennings over Hilton. I should've listened.
Don't feel bad, though. So many places had Jennings pegged as a "sit" this week. With his lack of production, change of QB, and travel across the pond, I don't think many people thought he was due for a big game. I know that it doesn't change the fact that you left that many points on the bench, but hey, at least you didn't start Austin against the 49ers...

Schaub on my bench in favor of Wilson and Alshon Jeffery on my bench with 30. I see myself losing my first game this week.

In one of my starting lineups, I had 4 players score at least 21 points (Thomas, Welker, Peterson, Bush) and two more on the bench that had at least 21 (Bell and Jennings).

In a first for me, I think I may have to bench a kicker. That Giants offense is so bad even the kicker isn't scoring shit.

Gonna be 1-3 in my money league after this week.  Rice got a whopping 1 point and I mistakenly thought Andy Dalton might do something against the Browns.  Boy was I wrong...

bread's done
Back