Fantasy Football "Who Should I Start" Thread, 2013

I went with Josh gordon over Kendrel thompkins because everyone all over the internet thought it was a good idea. Gonna cost me 2 games....

But I came back with the epihany that all analysts know absolutely shit. Access to google=their "expert knowledge"

I can find online what the Bengals defense gives up to TEs over the middle.(maybe not but give me ESPNs servers and I could)

Making my own rankings because Id rather make the call myself then listen to someone who knows not alot more than me

I went with Josh gordon over Kendrel thompkins because everyone all over the internet thought it was a good idea. Gonna cost me 2 games....

But I came back with the epihany that all analysts know absolutely shit. Access to google=their "expert knowledge"

I can find online what the Bengals defense gives up to TEs over the middle.(maybe not but give me ESPNs servers and I could)

Making my own rankings because Id rather make the call myself then listen to someone who knows not alot more than me
Gordon is still the right play. Go with your gut every week if you want, you won't have a better hit percentage.

But the points for gordon were: 19 targets against the vikings and bengals secondary was semi injured, failed to state he is the definite #2 option in that passing offense and the qb isnt that good.

thompkins has brady and probably played a worse secondary then the bengals, plus is the #1 Position wr

Just to me, also of experts stuff is based on opinion and not total facts.

"Oh mjd can't play this bad every week. Next week vs the eagles he will bounce back"

alot of assumptions they make...

Last edited by a moderator:
I had J. Gordon starting over K. Thompkins too but you can't be too upset about it. Gordon is the better WR and Thompkins got drop issues. That might have to do more with just being too raw at this point of his career. I could be wrong but I think the Patriots have focus less on Thompkins ever since the first too weeks. T. Brady has thrown less to him since then.

I'm up by 31, but my opponent has Drew Brees going tonight, and I have Charles Clay.  I'm not feeling overly comfortable with that.

Ugh.  I had a decent week but my opponent went nuts.  I still have Graham and Colston but he has Brees so that's a wash (he's also up by 30 points).  First loss of the season although I'm still ahead in points by a lot (but going to be tied with 2 other teams at 3-1).  Dammit.

In my defense league, got 31.70 points from Sean Lee. Add that to Tony G's 38 points, Boldin's 20 and Luck's 25, and I move to 4-0. 

Joique Bell-Reggie Bush's backup....
You should keep him. Bush is made of glass. Sort of like the RB version of D. Amendola. Also, running backs aren't panning out very well this year; so backups becomes more valuable.

Need a reply ASAP! Should I trade Ridley for Lacy? Non PPR lg
If S. Ridley is your number 1 or 2 back then NO, but if he's a flex play then, YES. E. Lacy is a flex play, IMO. Someone in my league got Matt Forte for S. Ridley but it was part of a package deal and happened I think a week after Belichick put him in the doghouse. With S. Ridley, you're just hoping Belichick takes the leash off of him soon.

I had J. Gordon starting over K. Thompkins too but you can't be too upset about it. Gordon is the better WR and Thompkins got drop issues. That might have to do more with just being too raw at this point of his career. I could be wrong but I think the Patriots have focus less on Thompkins ever since the first too weeks. T. Brady has thrown less to him since then.
This. And even on one of Thompkins' catches, on a simple slant pattern with the ball hitting him in the chest, he nearly dropped it. Once Gronk and Amendola are back I can't imagine Brady will look Thompkins' way more than a few times a game.

I barely escaped both of my games this past Monday, Mike Wallace continues to be incredibly over-rated, which I knew from last year and STILL somehow ended up drafting him in both of my leagues. The closest call was Monday night, where Brees and Sproles made up 65 points of a 70 point lead.

I just flipped CJ2K for Roddy White. I'm hoping Roddy gets healthy by week 7 (after his BYE) and gets back to being his old self. I could have had Josh Gordon, but he wanted Le'Veon Bell. I might have to play Roddy this week, as I have RG3, AP and Bell all on BYE weeks, so I'm hurting. I can get 2.2 from Roddy or 2.4 from Wallace right?

Also, I'm going with Hoyer for QB this week. Pray for Mojo.

Should i try and pick-up Shorts or Blackmon this week?
If you are desperate (like me), give Blackmon a shot. But the Jags just traded their starting LT, so who knows how that O-line responds.

EDIT: Y'know....I just really don't think Mike Wallace is worth the roster spot anymore. I might pick up Robert Woods. Am I crazy?

I ended up just picking Shorts backup so that means a big game for Blackmon.

I also wanted to take a stab at Woods this week but the Browns defense is really good.

So with Daryl Richardson not likely to start or getting limited touches, should I go with Brandon Bolden, Andre Ellington, Chris Ogbannaya, LeGarrette Blount, Mike Tolbert, or Brandon Jacobs?  I'm leaning toward Ellington because Rashard Mendenhall looks horrible and I'm hoping for some garbage time receptions.

Who should I start in my FLEX?

Willis McGahee tonight against Buffalo.
Hakeem Nicks vs. Eagles
Isaiah Pead vs. Jacksonville.

PPR and point per rush attempt. 1 point per 5 yards.

Slim pickings, but I would go with Nicks. I don't know that anyone should even think about starting Pead at this point. He has done nothing so far, and I don't expect him to be productive any time soon.

Dropping Wallace for Woods would be crazy, yes.
Mike Wallace is a one-trick pony, and that trick used to work very well. If he has that game like he did in week 2, the game we know he can have at any time, he can win a matchup. But so far he's done that once, and the other weeks has under 25 yards each time. He's outside the top 50 WR's. I had him a year ago too and begrudgingly got him again this year (7th round). But week to week I need a more stable receiver. He's slotted as my #2 WR and he just doesn't cut it. I bought low on Roddy White's ankle sprain, hoping that turns around soon. He will probably even get the start over Wallace this week.

I haven't figured out what to do with the guy basically. He's not dependable, and that could cost me wins.

Crap I missed out on Blackmon.

Shorts, Pead, or Jeffery as my Flex this weekend?

Or with the Giants secondary being wiped out due to injuries should I pick up Avant or Cooper from the Eagles?

Crap I missed out on Blackmon.

Shorts, Pead, or Jeffery as my Flex this weekend?

Or with the Giants secondary being wiped out due to injuries should I pick up Avant or Cooper from the Eagles?
I wouldn't even bother touching Pead right now. St Louis's backfield looks to be a mess this week. Yes, it's Jacksonville, but between D-Rich's tweet of him not starting, I wouldn't be surprised to see a three headed monster. He might put up a couple points, but I'd say it's a fairly low ceiling.

As for Shorts vs Jeffery, it's hard to say. I think Shorts might have the higher floor, but I also think Jeffery has the higher ceiling. Expecting a somewhat high scoring game against New Orleans.

That said, debating on Jeffery myself as well this week. Do I dare bench Julius Edelman who has been a gold mine thus far against the Bengals, or do I start Jeffery against the Saints. PPR scoring. Also worthy of note, I'm playing against who our league has dubbed "Team Peyton Manning", so playing it safe may not be the best move for what it's worth.

I wouldn't even bother touching Pead right now. St Louis's backfield looks to be a mess this week. Yes, it's Jacksonville, but between D-Rich's tweet of him not starting, I wouldn't be surprised to see a three headed monster. He might put up a couple points, but I'd say it's a fairly low ceiling.

As for Shorts vs Jeffery, it's hard to say. I think Shorts might have the higher floor, but I also think Jeffery has the higher ceiling. Expecting a somewhat high scoring game against New Orleans.

That said, debating on Jeffery myself as well this week. Do I dare bench Julius Edelman who has been a gold mine thus far against the Bengals, or do I start Jeffery against the Saints. PPR scoring. Also worthy of note, I'm playing against who our league has dubbed "Team Peyton Manning", so playing it safe may not be the best move for what it's worth.
I would go with Shorts. Rams secondary is banged up and having Blackmon back should free up Shorts from double coverage.

I don't think you should bench Edelman Jstryke. Ridley is out and the Pats are gonna have to throw a bunch.

Start 3 WR's and 1 Flex WR/RB....

WR: A.J. Green (NE)

WR: Hakeem Nicks (PHI)

WR: Reggie Wayne (SEA)

FLEX: LeGarrette Blount (@CIN)

BN: Steve Smith (@ARZ)

BN: Alshon Jeffery (NO)

BN: Mike Wallace (BAL)

PPR and Point per rush attempt.

Foster and Lacy. The choice was really Lacy or Jennings as Foster is a lock every week barring injuries.
Agreed. Don't care who they are playing: start Foster. Not even like the match-up this week is that scary. 49ers' D got smacked around by the Colts' run game in Week 3, and they are missing key players.

Dropped trash Ridley for Blount, good
move?
No. Ridley is still the Patriots most talented RB. Unless Blount gets TDs, he won't give you much points. They're all riding the bench anyways. IMO, what anyone should do is pick one Patriots RB, put him on the bench and hope that in the coming weeks it shakes out in favor of their RB. And if it doesn't shake out in favor of your RB, then drop them. I have no proof of this but my gut feeling is that Belichick is going to keep this rotation all season, basically killing the fantasy value of all their RBs.

Bit of a QB dilemma for me this week with no good options on my team.

Russel Wilson @ Indy

Matt Schaub vs San Fran

Or...drop somebody and pick up Terrelle Pryor (vs San Diego).

couple decisions in my money league, standard scoring:

TE:

Coby Fleener

Greg Olsen

WR:

Hakeem Nicks

Ty HIlton

Eddie Royal

Aishon Jeffery

FLEX play:

above WR's

Ben Tate

DeAngelo Williams

Should I pick up the Falcons (vs Jets), Eagles (vs Giants), or Panthers (vs Cards) defense to start over the Bengals D vs the Pats?

Should I pick up the Falcons (vs Jets), Eagles (vs Giants), or Panthers (vs Cards) defense to start over the Bengals D vs the Pats?
I picked up the Panthers in one of my leagues. As for the Eagles, I have more faith in the Giants figuring out their offense than I do in the Eagles figuring out their defense.

so the commish pushed through a trade he made in my money league..

I dont like it

he got taken i think but

he traded

boldin moreno and sproles

for

julio....

Wishing I didn't bench Russel Wilson. Couldn't afford a 10 point week this week from my QB position this week and he already has 24. On my bench.

Not helping I kept Edelman in my lineup over Jeffery. I knew he was going to go off, and I should've just taken the risk in benching Edelman.

bread's done
Back