Fantasy Football "Who Should I Start" Thread, 2013

Damn.. Megatron being a game time decision sucks. 

Edit: Megatron is active.. so... I need to pick two here

Megatron vs Cleveland

Randall Cobb vs Ravens

Steve Smith vs Vikings

Last edited by a moderator:
Smith and Cobb. Every single WR1 that's faced Joe Haden hasnt put up any good stats so I'd avoid Megatron. Plus being a game time decision means he's a little banged up.

Sounds like Larry Fitz is very questionable against the 49ers.  Should I start Andre Roberts over Keenan Allen?

I'd be up big if it wasn't for my opponent having the KC defense. fucking Pryor and the Raider o-line had a complete and utter breakdown...
Same here. Thanks Oakland. My opponent also got 32 points from Knowshon Moreno. Figures this is the week Peyton Manning had just an OK week, and they score a boatload of TD's with the ground game.

I'm down 21, and we both still have our QB's to go; RG3 for him, and Luck for me. Looks like I'm going to be 2-4. I can't catch a break this year.

I am having an utterly and completely bizarre week. I have Cam and Lynch, so basically, 2 of the top 5 or so (depending on scoring format of your league) fantasy producers so far. I also have Cobb and Shorts, though, and they both left their games early and didn't do much, including a huge goose egg for Shorts. Cobb also looks like he will be gone for a long, long time, so that really sucks.

So, despite the massive output from my QB and RB1, I am still in a big dogfight. I need Morris to have a huge 4th quarter (thank God he had a big TD run just now), because even though I am up about 25 right now, I am looking down the barrel of facing Luck and Hilton, while I am only have Wayne left. So, if recent trends continue, Hilton will be on the receiving end of Luck's big passes, and I shall be fucked.

So, of course, Morris never even sees the ball again. His lack of ability in the pass game is really gonna kill us Morris owners, especially if the Redskins continue to play from behind...

So, of course, Morris never even sees the ball again. His lack of ability in the pass game is really gonna kill us Morris owners, especially if the Redskins continue to play from behind...
Since my season is quickly going down the crapper I might just claim Helu Jr off of waivers and play him as my flex next to Morris. Every time they get by the goaline it looks like he is in the game.

Hopefully my claim for Brandon Jacobs goes through since he now the only option the giants have running the ball.

Glad I followed Danimal's advice on playing Gio.  I'm cruising to a big win this week behind Blackmon and Vernon Davis.

What is everyone's take on Fole's long term hold on QB?  I have RG3, so I'm wondering if I should make a waiver claim.  I'd probably cut either Coby Fleener (but I will need another TE when Davis goes on BYE), Keenan Allen or Mike Wallace (which is tough, WR is a sore spot on my roster).

Quick overview:

QB: RG3

RB: AP, Forte, Gio, Steven Jackson, LeVeon Bell
WR: Colston, Blackmon, Roddy White, MWallace, Keenan Allen, Percy Harvin (IR)

TE: Davis and Fleener

Since my season is quickly going down the crapper I might just claim Helu Jr off of waivers and play him as my flex next to Morris. Every time they get by the goaline it looks like he is in the game.

Hopefully my claim for Brandon Jacobs goes through since he now the only option the giants have running the ball.
Helu is not a terrible flex option, especially in deeper leagues. He gets ALL of the snaps whenever the Redskins are in their hurry up offense, which has been often so far this year. Last night, Morris disappeared at the end of the 1st half and the 4th quarter. Pretty amazing that he ended up with 81 yards, though most of that came on that TD run. I am very close to trying to deal him for a WR, especially considering Cobb and/or Shorts could miss some time. It looks like they both avoided serious injuries, though, so that's a relief.

If you don't get Jacobs, pick up Andre Brown. He is eligible to come off IR in, I believe, Week 10. By all accounts, he is WAY ahead of schedule and should be fully healthy very soon. If so, I can almost guarantee you he will get significant play. I really doubt Jacobs will have any repeat performances of last week, unless he has discovered the fountain of youth. And Wilson's status is very murky, considering it is a neck injury.

Well Smith/Megatron/Jeffery didnt do well enough for me this week. Looks like Murray might be out at least a week. Think its worth snagging Ogbonnay at this rate? My other RBs are Morris/Woodhead/Bernard

Won my big league thanks to McCoy and KC's defense and I currently lead 130-67. I have Luck and he's got Reggie Wayne, T.Y. Hilton, A. Gates, and Colts defense. I like my chances.

Well my 5-0 CAG team will lose this week...to an opponent who started 2 guys on byes.  Ugh. At least I won in my money league and most of my others...

Not quite a Monday Night Miracle, but Luck and Hilton both putting up duds against the Chargers was still pretty remarkable. The fantasy gods smiled upon me.

Second week in a row I ended up playing against the highest scoring team of the week.  Ugh.  The team that dropped 138 on me last week put up a pathetic 73 this week.  This week I was the 3rd highest scoring team of the week (113) but had the misfortune of playing the top team again and they put up 142.  This is a team that scored 90 or less (with a low of 63) in their first four games.  I'm 2-4 now, but if the schedule wasn't kicking me in the nuts so hard, I could very easily be 4-2.  At least the three other teams in my division are all tied at 3-3, so it's still up for grabs.

So I have Peyton and was looking for a bye week qb and possibly a week 16 qb if Peyton were to rest. I have Pryor right now, I was wondering if I should pick up Foles . The Raiders and Eagles both play each other week 9.

Helu is not a terrible flex option, especially in deeper leagues. He gets ALL of the snaps whenever the Redskins are in their hurry up offense, which has been often so far this year. Last night, Morris disappeared at the end of the 1st half and the 4th quarter. Pretty amazing that he ended up with 81 yards, though most of that came on that TD run. I am very close to trying to deal him for a WR, especially considering Cobb and/or Shorts could miss some time. It looks like they both avoided serious injuries, though, so that's a relief.

If you don't get Jacobs, pick up Andre Brown. He is eligible to come off IR in, I believe, Week 10. By all accounts, he is WAY ahead of schedule and should be fully healthy very soon. If so, I can almost guarantee you he will get significant play. I really doubt Jacobs will have any repeat performances of last week, unless he has discovered the fountain of youth. And Wilson's status is very murky, considering it is a neck injury.
I am going to try and get Jacobs and than dump him for Brown after this week. I do have McCoy and Morris as my starters and if my claim for K. Allen goes through I should be decent at WR again.

Right Now:

McCoy

Morris

Medenhall

R. Jennings(dropping for Jacobs I hope)

A. Johnson

M. Nicks

A. Jeffery

C. Shorts(Looking to drop for Allen)

Who would you start at QB this week Wilson at Arizona or Stafford at home against Cincy?

Picking up K.Allen last week was a good move (at least so far)!

Now, I have a QB situation considering Schaub A)sucks and B)is injured.

What do you guys think of Foles in the long run? Any chance he takes the job from Vick if he keeps playing well? I want him this week for sure against Dallas but I gotta be careful because I have limited moves in the league and can't be picking up and dropping QBs every week.

Just got offered a very interested deal:

I give

Alfred Morris

I get

Vincent Jackson

Stevan Ridley

My analysis: Morris definitely has the ability to be a top-10 fantasy back, which is why I picked him in the early 2nd round.,At the same time, he has zero role in Washington's passing downs and hurry up offense. There were large chunks of the game were one might think Helu is actually the starting running.

Ridley and VJax have both struggled all season, finally coming on this past week. I don't normally fall in love with 1 game performance, but seeing as they have a body of work to reference. Now that the QB situation in TB is stabilized, that hopefully means more big games for VJax.

If you need help at WR, I would definitely consider that. Morris hasn't done a whole lot for me and you are spot on about Washington's passing downs and hurry up offense. 

VJax is a little worrisome at times but maybe a new QB will help him out.

Hmmm, note to self: don't post after taking the sleeping pill lol

Anyway, glad you could read through that. I decided to take the trade. Morris is really talented, and I have a feeling that it might ultimately bite me in the ass, but him and that damn Redskin offense has been really frustrating me all year. If Cobb didn't get hurt, I would have been far less likely to accept it, but I really need some potential production out of my WRs, especially in a PPR league. VJax has definitely been a disappointment this year, but maybe there is now some stability down in Tampa. If so, he could turn back into a top 10 WR. Ridley looked great last week. Not in love with some of his upcoming match-ups...especially the Jets this week (!!!)...but I'll take my chances that the Pats offense will find itself in enough situations that Ridley can get into the endzone a lot.

Crap missed out on both Jacobs and Randle at rb but I did get Allen from the Chargers. I also dropped Jennings for Andre Brown for when he is back in week ten.

Ok for this week I need to decide between these guys for 2 WR's and 1 flex.

A. Johnson
A. Jeffery
H. Nicks
K. Allen
R. Medenhalll

At QB

M. Stafford
R. Wilson

Defense

Panthers
Titans

I really like the Brown pick-up. The Giants are gonna need someone to carry the ball towards the end of the year, and you can tell that even they don't think that Jacobs can hold up. They dropped Scott...again...and have been trying out former feature backs, including Hillis and Torrain. If things all break right, Brown could very well fall right back into the starting lineup by default.

Flex thoughts (.5 PPR)

Woodhead vs. Jax

Ellington vs. Seattle

Shorts (iffy health) vs. SD

Hartline vs. Bills

Crap missed out on both Jacobs and Randle at rb but I did get Allen from the Chargers. I also dropped Jennings for Andre Brown for when he is back in week ten.

Ok for this week I need to decide between these guys for 2 WR's and 1 flex.

A. Johnson
A. Jeffery
H. Nicks
K. Allen
R. Medenhalll

At QB

M. Stafford
R. Wilson

Defense

Panthers
Titans
I've been fighting WR issues myself and have been lucky (smart?) enough to have grabbed Blackmon and Allen early. Both will be starting for me this week. For your WR's I like Nicks (Vikings defense is really bad, play that match-up...Nicks is playing for a contract/trade) Allen (becoming #1 option for Rivers, Jaguars give up plenty of points), and I'm currently leaning towards Jeffery. I feel better about Andre Johnson in consistency, but he's got QB issues and playing the Chiefs D. Meanwhile, Jeffery is up and down, but that Washington defense is bad and will be keying in on Marshall.

I like Stafford more than Wilson this week, but both have tough match-ups. I had the same defense choice for FA, and I went with Carolina. They've been real tight on passing yards, and play at home.

For an update on my team, I talked another owner with higher waiver spot into grabbing me Nick Foles for my Mike Wallace. I think I'll spot start him against Dallas rather than RG3 against the Bears ball-hawking secondary. I'm also wondering if it's time to cut ties with Roddy White and/or Steven Jackson. How long do you put up with injuries? I could use a roster spot for Rueben Randle and really tighten up my WR corps if Nicks does get traded.

Quick questions and lots of them

WR: M Williams or Jeffery? (Megatron and Welker have the other 2 slots)

RB/Flex: With Murrary out Ive got Morris, Bernard, Woodhead, and Brandon Jacobs. I was thinking Morris/Bernard/Woodhead

TE: Olsen over Bennett?  

I'd start Jeffrey over WIlliams.  I think TB's situation is very shaky right now and VJax is the only WR I'd start from the Bucs.

for RB I would go Morris, Bernard, and Woodhead.  I think Jacobs wont get much time.

TE I would go Bennett personally, I've been starting Olsen in other leagues and every week he seems to be a dud.

Effing Jimmy Graham.  I lost by 6 points and he hung a 0!  WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY YOU BUM????  Manning and Romo also had their worst weeks of the season.  Sucks.  I'm still in first place in my league but tied with 3 other teams at 4-2 - the next closest team is 100 points behind me!  I should be 6-0 dammit.

I have been dressing three receivers all season long but in week eight I will have to plug a RB in my flex.

I know this is tough to answer but who do you think might have a better game?

Mendenhall vs Falcons
P. Thomas vs Bills

I have been dressing three receivers all season long but in week eight I will have to plug a RB in my flex.

I know this is tough to answer but who do you think might have a better game?

Mendenhall vs Falcons
P. Thomas vs Bills
Don't like either one, but I'd go with Pierre Thomas. He looked good last week (4 1/2 yards a carry). Mendenhall just looks broken down, and he loses touches to Ellington more and more each week. Arians put Mendenhall on notice awhile ago, and their matchup tonight is not a good one. By next week, the touches could very well swing in Ellington's favor.

Would you pick up Vereen or Andre Brown?
Depends on scoring format. In a PPR, Vereen without question. Even if Ridley backs up his good rushing performance last week, he is still going to sit on passing downs. Vereen is just too good of a pass catcher out of the backfield. In a standard league, I'd still lean towards Vereen, but Brown could very well get a lot of carries when he returns.

Vereen just had his cast removed and is available to return to action in Week 11. Brown practiced today and reports say he looked "good." He returns Week 10, if healthy.

When will Vereen be back?
week 10 for Brown and week 11 for Vereen. I picked up Vereen since his injury was to his hand and is in a much better offense. Brown is practicing this week and Vereen can start practicing next week according to the IR rules. I would pick both up, but we only have a 5 bench spots.

Well I tempted to bench Ryan this week. I could pick up Foles or Bradford or Big Ben. Any thoughts? ATL's passing game is going to suffer a few setbacks

Should I trade CJ?K for MJD?
I've been wondering if I would take this trade if it was offered to me in my league. CJ is absolutely killing me this year, and I can say with certainty I will never draft him again. I would do this trade. If I hear one more announcer refer to him as an "elite" back, or "one of the best backs in the league", right before he takes a handoff, dances around in the backfield and gets dropped for no gain, I might puke.

So, of course, like a complete and utter dumbass, I started Ellington as my flex Thursday. Had all the signs of disaster written all over it, but I can never help myself! Someone really needs to stop me from starting people who play on Thursday. And Lynch got that TD taken away from him, so that hurt, too. Definitely in a bit of a hole, but at the very least, my opponent this week is dealing with byes and injuries, so I have a decent shot still.

I didn't know Lynch had a TD taken away.  What happened?  Holding penalty?  Ugh.  I had Lynch and my opponent for this week had Wilson going on Thursday night, and I already feel like I'm in a bit of a hole.  Since my other RB is Chris Johnson, I usually feel like I need a huge game from Lynch to have a chance.  And since Johnson is playing SF this week, I'm counting on somewhere around 4-6 points from him for the week.  Sadly, my bench is even worse.

I have Lynch too. No penalty, he was just an inch short. His elbow touched the field before the ball crossed the goal line. 

It was a fantastic run too, they should have just gave it to him for effort.  ;)

bread's done
Back