Fantasy Football "Who Should I Start" Thread, 2013

Next week will be an absolute nightmare in my Yahoo league. Gore, Bush, Ellington, Blackmon and three defensive players are all on byes. And I don't know the status of Spiller and Vick is out....

I'm screwed.

Moved back up to 4 - 4 with Reggie Bush and Ellington putting up nice games for me. Unfortunately, they're both on byes next week.

Need to scour the wasteland that is my waiver wire to find a rb for week 9 (PPR). The options:
Daniel Thomas, Brian Leonard, Marcel Reece, James Starks , Bernard Pierce

Any thoughts?

Moved back up to 4 - 4 with Reggie Bush and Ellington putting up nice games for me. Unfortunately, they're both on byes next week.

Need to scour the wasteland that is my waiver wire to find a rb for week 9 (PPR). The options:
Daniel Thomas, Brian Leonard, Marcel Reece, James Starks , Bernard Pierce

Any thoughts?
Starks is the best talent, Thomas might be in the better situation but he sucks.

Might have to snag STL QB as a bye week filler he didn't do too shabby tonight
I will say he wasn't as shitty as I figured...but I'd only pick him up to play if you were facing a low scoring or injury riddled team.

Whoever is throwing for the Bills may be a better pick than Clemmons.

Next week is going to suck for me. Playing worst team in the league and most of my team is on their bye weeks. Have to make at least two waiver wire moves just to field a complete team. Now anybody I wanted to target P. Thomas and K. Stills have over inflated projections for this week and will get snatched up by the bottom feeders on the waiver order first.

Trying these moves;

Hillis for Thomas
Shorts for Stills
Eifert for Walker
Feely for Bironas

Need a back up plan if I don't get Thomas. James Starks or Donald Brown?

Also does anybody know off hand how ESPN handles if I but in a claims using the same guy twice? I want to drop Shorts for Stills but I doubt if I will get him can I have another claim listed with Shorts for Jones?

Last edited by a moderator:
Also does anybody know off hand how ESPN handles if I but in a claims using the same guy twice? I want to drop Shorts for Stills but I doubt if I will get him can I have another claim listed with Shorts for Jones?
If the first claim goes though then the second one is cancel. If someone else picks up the player on your first claim, then that waiver is null and your second wiaver claim goes into effect.

I just made this trade and I like to hear some opinion on it.

A. Dalton, D. Moore and K. Thompkins (me) for L. Miller and A. Brown.

Keep K. Wright as my WR 3-4 or go after P. Garçon who somebody dropped this morning?

Also should I drop T. Eifert for T. Wright?

I just picked up Tolbert in both my leagues since there's nothing out there and DeAngelo didn't practice today. I need to start him or Helu Jr. as my RB2 this week.

If Montee Ball is available in any leagues, I'd snatch him up. Obviously, his performance last week was not world-beating and was bolstered by the TD. But he's leaped back over Hillman on the depth chart and will probably stay there, unless he starts fumbling again. More importantly, Knowshon Moreno hasn't been leaned on this heavily in quite some time and has had some injury issues in the past.

My first place CAG team is probably looking at a big L this week thanks to byes. I'm losing all my Broncos players (the Thomases, Welker, and Prater), Reggie Bush, and Michael Floyd.

Need some quick advice.

Need to start two of these at WR and one at the flex.

P. Thomas

C. Ivory

A. Johnson

K. Allen

K. Wright

Thanks,

Anthony

Something I've been pondering lately. How soon is too soon to drop Julian Edelman. He was great earlier in the year, but with the clunker last week, Brady sucking, and Gronk back, it's been on the mind. No reason to drop him just yet as there's not a whole lot of appealing options on the wire, but if something does come up, he could be the first to go barring the Houston RB injury situation (have Tate).

RB/Flex and TE question

Do I go with Murray against Minn, Bernard against Mia, and Woodhead against SD or swap out 1-2 of these for Morris and Mike James? 

TE I've got Olsen against GB and Bennett against GB, Im leaning toward Olsen.

For those looking for a bye week RB fill-in...Shonn Greene may be in line for 15 touches this week and that probably means goal line work over Chris Johnson.

For those looking for a bye week RB fill-in...Shonn Greene may be in line for 15 touches this week and that probably means goal line work over Chris Johnson.
Would you drop C. Ivory for him?
And than would you play him as a flex over P. Thomas or Wright?

bigdaddybruce44 said:
Marvin Jones tonight vs. Miami or Jarrett Boykin Monday night against Chicago, with the possibility of James Jones playing...
I would go Jones, Sanu might miss tonight so that moves Jones to the 2nd receiver.

Would you drop C. Ivory for him?
And than would you play him as a flex over P. Thomas or Wright?
I would stick with Wright for a flex spot.

I think the Jets will run a bunch this weekend to keep the ball away from Drew Brees. If they get too far behind, though, Ivory won't see the field much. I'm not totally convinced that Greene's going to get all those touches, despite what Munchak says. Long term, I think Tennessee has better matchups, including two games against Jacksonville, so I would definitely consider dropping Ivory for Greene. Even if Greene doesn't split the load moving forward, he will have a couple of weeks where he can rack up some clock-killing yardage against the Jags.

I'm just desperate for a RB in a 14-team league this week; I dropped Daniel Thomas to pick him up.

Wo
Stevesbored said:
I would stick with Wright for a flex spot.

I think the Jets will run a bunch this weekend to keep the ball away from Drew Brees. If they get too far behind, though, Ivory won't see the field much. I'm not totally convinced that Greene's going to get all those touches, despite what Munchak says. Long term, I think Tennessee has better matchups, including two games against Jacksonville, so I would definitely consider dropping Ivory for Greene. Even if Greene doesn't split the load moving forward, he will have a couple of weeks where he can rack up some clock-killing yardage against the Jags.

I'm just desperate for a RB in a 14-team league this week; I dropped Daniel Thomas to pick him up.
What happened to Jackie Battle for the Titans I thought he was cemented as the goal line back?

What do you think about Shane Vereen he is due to come back soon I think. Would you rather have him over Greene or Ivory.

I have a waiver claim in for Garcon since somebody dropped him to get Stills and I would lose Wright if it goes through. I doubt if it will since I am last on the waiver wire.

I like Thomas this week as a flex I know NFL.com has all three Thomas, Wright, and Garcon all having decent weeks.

Who would rather have at RB2 come week 12 since I need to cover Shady McCoy's bye week.

Ivory
Thomas
Greene
Vereen

p.s.
I also just dropped Eifert for Tim Wright from the Bucs to cover me at TE this week since J. Thomas is on his bye. I like Eifert but with Williams out in Tampa Bay Wright is now the second option behind Jackson in the passing game.

ajh2298 said:
What happened to Jackie Battle for the Titans I thought he was cemented as the goal line back?

What do you think about Shane Vereen he is due to come back soon I think. Would you rather have him over Greene or Ivory.

I have a waiver claim in for Garcon since somebody dropped him to get Stills and I would lose Wright if it goes through. I doubt if it will since I am last on the waiver wire.

I like Thomas this week as a flex I know NFL.com has all three Thomas, Wright, and Garcon all having decent weeks.

Who would rather have at RB2 come week 12 since I need to cover Shady McCoy's bye week.

Ivory
Thomas
Greene
Vereen

p.s.
I also just dropped Eifert for Tim Wright from the Bucs to cover me at TE this week since J. Thomas is on his bye. I like Eifert but with Williams out in Tampa Bay Wright is now the second option behind Jackson in the passing game.

Keep K. Wright as my WR 3-4 or go after P. Garçon who somebody dropped this morning?

Also should I drop T. Eifert for T. Wright?
I like K. Wright, he's got that breakout potential. Garcon is more likely to break out the big day I think, but Wright has put up a higher consistent average. Garcon has three great match-ups in a row. SD (26th ranked pass D), MIN (29th) and Philly (31st). He might be worth taking the chance and then trading if he plays well.

P. Thomas

A. Johnson

K. Allen
I'd go with this
I would agree. KWright is just outside this, mostly due to how well the St Louis pass rush was playing at home.

Something I've been pondering lately. How soon is too soon to drop Julian Edelman. He was great earlier in the year, but with the clunker last week, Brady sucking, and Gronk back, it's been on the mind.
Too soon? He hasn't been north of 57 yards in a month, and put up 7 yards last week. They have a BYE week and some tough match-ups looming. If something comes up on the wire, make the move.

RB/Flex and TE question

Do I go with Murray against Minn, Bernard against Mia, and Woodhead against SD or swap out 1-2 of these for Morris and Mike James?

TE I've got Olsen against GB and Bennett against GB, Im leaning toward Olsen.
I love DeMarco Murray, owned him the two years previous to this. As I told the guy who drafted him "he'll be great, until he gets hurt". If he's 100%, I'd play him. But you know that a first quarter, doesn't return to the game injury is always looming. Woodhead has Washington, who are atrocious defensively. I might go Morris above Gio simply because he isn't getting the ball enough. So much of these picks depend on gameplan. It was odd watching the Redskins down multiple TD's in the second half and still running the ball.

Marvin Jones tonight vs. Miami or Jarrett Boykin Monday night against Chicago, with the possibility of James Jones playing...
I like both of these, probably Boykin a little more. GB always plays up against Chicago, and the defense is pretty thin with injuries.

Ivory
Thomas
Greene
Vereen\\
The Shonn Greene thing isn't specific to goal-line. They want to get him 15 carries a game supposedly. He's a "I'm in a deep league and desperate" stash. You probably don't play him unless you have NO other options. It's a "let's see if this pays off" move.

Vereen is the one I want to pick, but the RB situation is a mess. Belichick is known for mixing it up, and with Ridley playing OK recently, you may see a split backfield as they ease him in. Ivory has had one double digit scoring day. I like Pierre Thomas, he's RB3/FLEX with production, but it's consistent now that Ivory is with the Jets and Ingram hasn't played.

Anyone still with me after all that? Cause here's my questions....

Gio Bernard @ MIA (middle class run D, split carries, good offense) or Le'Veon Bell @ NE (giving up a ton of yards, not a lot of rushing TD's, Pit could fall behind)

RG3 vs SD (good match-up, wildly inconsistent) or Jake Locker @ STL (tougher match-up, but a very steady production since return)

Hey guys, could use some quick advice on which DST to start this week.  Personally, I'm torn between all three.

Titans DST @ Rams

Ravens DST @ Browns

Bengals DST @ Dolphins.

Bengals play tonight, and at the moment, I've got them in, but I'm wavering.  If I'm going to make a switch, need to do it in the next 45 minutes before I leave for work.

If Montee Ball is available in any leagues, I'd snatch him up. Obviously, his performance last week was not world-beating and was bolstered by the TD. But he's leaped back over Hillman on the depth chart and will probably stay there, unless he starts fumbling again. More importantly, Knowshon Moreno hasn't been leaned on this heavily in quite some time and has had some injury issues in the past.
Has he really jump ahead of Hillman or is this a one game kind of thing? I've got B. Powell sitting on my bench but there is little upside to him. Even when he was the lone RB, he only topped around 10 points a game but it was a consistent 10 points; making him one of my best RBs (sad right?) for the early part of the season. It's really the only reason why I've kept him. If C. Ivory gets hurt again, it would make him a solid play again.

Hey guys, could use some quick advice on which DST to start this week. Personally, I'm torn between all three.

Titans DST @ Rams

Ravens DST @ Browns

Bengals DST @ Dolphins.

Bengals play tonight, and at the moment, I've got them in, but I'm wavering. If I'm going to make a switch, need to do it in the next 45 minutes before I leave for work.
Stick with the Bengals...Thursday night should mean a lower scoring game and Tannehill is a turnover machine with an offensive line in turmoil.

Gio Bernard @ MIA (middle class run D, split carries, good offense) or Le'Veon Bell @ NE (giving up a ton of yards, not a lot of rushing TD's, Pit could fall behind)

RG3 vs SD (good match-up, wildly inconsistent) or Jake Locker @ STL (tougher match-up, but a very steady production since return)
Gio Bernard if PPR, otherwise I'd stick with Bell. The matchup is too good for RG3; you have to start him and hope the production comes.

Titans DST @ Rams
If you're really wavering then that would be the one I'd change too. K. Clemens should be good for a pick or two. Z. Stacey isn't 100% either so that offense is looking bad. I've got the Bengals D too and I would have made the change to the Titans but someone else ahead of me got them.

I like K. Wright, he's got that breakout potential. Garcon is more likely to break out the big day I think, but Wright has put up a higher consistent average. Garcon has three great match-ups in a row. SD (26th ranked pass D), MIN (29th) and Philly (31st). He might be worth taking the chance and then trading if he plays well.

I would agree. KWright is just outside this, mostly due to how well the St Louis pass rush was playing at home.

Too soon? He hasn't been north of 57 yards in a month, and put up 7 yards last week. They have a BYE week and some tough match-ups looming. If something comes up on the wire, make the move.

I love DeMarco Murray, owned him the two years previous to this. As I told the guy who drafted him "he'll be great, until he gets hurt". If he's 100%, I'd play him. But you know that a first quarter, doesn't return to the game injury is always looming. Woodhead has Washington, who are atrocious defensively. I might go Morris above Gio simply because he isn't getting the ball enough. So much of these picks depend on gameplan. It was odd watching the Redskins down multiple TD's in the second half and still running the ball.

I like both of these, probably Boykin a little more. GB always plays up against Chicago, and the defense is pretty thin with injuries.

The Shonn Greene thing isn't specific to goal-line. They want to get him 15 carries a game supposedly. He's a "I'm in a deep league and desperate" stash. You probably don't play him unless you have NO other options. It's a "let's see if this pays off" move.

Vereen is the one I want to pick, but the RB situation is a mess. Belichick is known for mixing it up, and with Ridley playing OK recently, you may see a split backfield as they ease him in. Ivory has had one double digit scoring day. I like Pierre Thomas, he's RB3/FLEX with production, but it's consistent now that Ivory is with the Jets and Ingram hasn't played.

Bernard over Bell, and RG3 over Locker. I like both of those guys to put up some solid numbers.

Hey guys, could use some quick advice on which DST to start this week. Personally, I'm torn between all three.

Titans DST @ Rams

Ravens DST @ Browns

Bengals DST @ Dolphins.

Bengals play tonight, and at the moment, I've got them in, but I'm wavering. If I'm going to make a switch, need to do it in the next 45 minutes before I leave for work.
I'd go Bengals D I like them to force Tannehill into some bad throws. That said, I picked up the Titans D to cover my 49ers and Broncos byes so I hope they step up too.

That last TD run by Gio was insane....thankfully he's in the lineup.  I don't know how Cincy doesn't work him into the offense more than they have.  I'm playing against the Miami D, so that pick six had me spitting fire earlier.

Has he really jump ahead of Hillman or is this a one game kind of thing? I've got B. Powell sitting on my bench but there is little upside to him. Even when he was the lone RB, he only topped around 10 points a game but it was a consistent 10 points; making him one of my best RBs (sad right?) for the early part of the season. It's really the only reason why I've kept him. If C. Ivory gets hurt again, it would make him a solid play again.
Hillman was inactive last week, despite being fully healthy. Rumor is he will be released soon. Ball could be challenged by CJ Anderson for the backup spot, but as of now, Ball is definitely the number 2. Of course, Moreno could very well stay healthy, and then Ball would obviously only have limited fantasy appeal in deeper leagues. But it's a good speculative pick-up to make, especially if you have room on your roster. Ball doesn't seem to have the explosiveness to be a game breaking back in the NFL, but someone on that team has to fall into the endzone, and Ball can clearly do that.

Bernard starting to pay off...  I'm projected for the most points in my league (again) and Peyton is on his bye!  I just know I'm headed towards a first place finish and then a loss in the finals like always.

If you have Ellington, continue to temper expectations. Apparently, Mendenhall will start again once he's "healthy." The Cardinals clearly have concerns about Ellington's size limiting his ability to be a feature back. He should definitely begin to see more playing time and touches, but be prepared to get frustrated as you watch Mendenhall take potential carries away and fall down after a yard...

Seriously thinking about starting K. Wright over P. Thomas as my flex on a must win week for me. Does that seem like a smart or dumb move?

Also better defense to start this week Panthers or Titans?

Better kicker Bironas or Cundiff?

Thanks

What do you guys think about Stevie Johnson going forward?

I have Colston and I'll probably be dropping him today, he sucks and may not even play. There isn't much to pick up though, its a WR/TE spot. Only players I see are Clay, Stevie, Hopkins, Fleener....

I already had to use a move on Blackmon (idiot!) and picked up Golden Tate.

For those in desperate need of TE help, Jeff Cumberland has been ruled out with a concussion, so Zach Sudfeld should see the bulk of the work for the Jets. You may remember Sudfeld as "Baby Gronk." He looked really impressive in the preseason, but he didn't do jackshit up in New England earlier this year. He caught a couple of passes, though, after Cumberland went down last week. The one good thing about that situation is that Geno Smith throw the ball to his tight ends a lot. They have something like 35 catches this year between Winslow, Cumberland, Sudfeld, and Reuland. Could be worth a shot.

Who should I start in my standard scoring PPR league?
Steven Jackson
CJ Spiller

And on my PPR, point per rush attempt. 1 point per 5 yards league...

Roy Helu
Shonn Greene

bigdaddybruce44 said:
For those in desperate need of TE help, Jeff Cumberland has been ruled out with a concussion, so Zach Sudfeld should see the bulk of the work for the Jets. You may remember Sudfeld as "Baby Gronk." He looked really impressive in the preseason, but he didn't do jackshit up in New England earlier this year. He caught a couple of passes, though, after Cumberland went down last week. The one good thing about that situation is that Geno Smith throw the ball to his tight ends a lot. They have something like 35 catches this year between Winslow, Cumberland, Sudfeld, and Reuland. Could be worth a shot.
Just dropped T. Wright for him figured what the hell.

Also need talked into who to keep as my flex P. Thomas or K. Wright. Wright has better matchup slightly but Thomas is projected to have more points. Plus the Saints just listed Robinson as inactive but Ingram is back.

I have Griffin, Garcon and Morris....

and none of them scored....
Garcon and Morris combined for 300 yards, dude. Morris scored a TD, too. You can't complain when that happens.

I have Carolina's D, Graham, Stacy, Ivory, and Spiller, and unless Nelson and Josh Gordon go off I'm going to lose. I have over 150 more points than the second place scoring team, and I'll be 4-5. Pure, unadulterated horseshit.

Colston can go fuck himself.  Totally worthless pick and with Nicks on bye I started him (and he didn't play).  Manning is on bye too so I had to go with Jake Locker and not surprisingly I'm going to lose by around 10 points (to the last place team) if things hold, knocking me out of first place record-wise but I'll still have the most points scored in the league.  This is why FF is such a crapshoot and I hate it so much.

Holy fuck! Nick Foles single-handedly got me the W this week. Glad I picked him up to replace Manning during his bye. Foles has 7 TDs and counting.

bread's done
Back