Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread, 2014

I never dropped him. Had him this whole time.
I tried hanging onto him, just in case. Held onto him for a while, but my team this year was like a sinking cruise ship that was on fire and being attacked by a sea monster, so eventually I dropped him to add someone who didn't help at all. I'm hoping one of the teams I play in these last few weeks picks him up and Peterson goes for 150 yards and 3 TD's. It would be the perfect capper to this season for me.

I tried hanging onto him, just in case. Held onto him for a while, but my team this year was like a sinking cruise ship that was on fire and being attacked by a sea monster, so eventually I dropped him to add someone who didn't help at all. I'm hoping one of the teams I play in these last few weeks picks him up and Peterson goes for 150 yards and 3 TD's. It would be the perfect capper to this season for me.
I'm hoping he comes back and contributes enough to justify me keeping him all these weeks. But with my luck lately probably not.

WRs

Pick 4 (1 will be at Flex)

Marshall

Jeffery

Wallace

Bryant

Roddy White

I feel like White/Marshall could be disappointing this week

I also have Kenny Britt 

RBs I pretty much have to use Gore this week. West is already playing. RBs are slim on the Waiver wire I could grab Sims or Taliaferro but who knows if they will do well

I'd definitely temper expectations in regards to AP. The NFL already rejected the Peterson camp's request for immediate reinstatement (the NFLPA is trying to throw their muscle around now), which means the NFL plans on further review of the situation. It is beginning to sound like he might be reinstated in early December, but then we have to consider where the Vikings stand. Rumors are that the front office is split over bringing him back into the fold. They took a massive PR hit for their flip-flopping and lost major sponsors.

If you've got the space to stash him, no reason not to, but don't expect him to save your fantasy season.

Last edited by a moderator:
White did well on my bench but Byrant, Wallace, Marshall, and Jeffery paid off

Now next week...

WRS pick 3

Marshall (he might be hurt) 

Jeffery

Wallace or Byrant or White?

RBs pick 2 and one at flex

Bradshaw against NE 

Morris (with RGIII back things are looking better)

West (he was hot last week and I think he'll do good against Houston)

I also have Gore/Mckinnon

I like just about any of your RB choices this week, except for West, simply because that backfield is too crowded. 2 backs I can deal with. 3? Ugh. They were all able to produce Thursday against Cincy, because the Bengal offense was so bad. The Browns are probably not gonna be able to run the ball 40 times again.

I would not dump McKinnon just yet. No guarantee that AP returns.

Bradshaw is a must in any format, but especially in PPR. I'd go with Gore, as well. The Giant defense just got shredded by Seattle. I doubt they will have much more success containing the run against another team with a mobile QB.

I think AP will be back next Sunday, I heard hearing is set for Monday.  He has missed how many games this season?  Not to mention that it was dropped to a misdamenor.  The NFL has to be careful here because of it.  Maybe fine him half the seasons salary or something but reinstate him since he has missed almost half the season?

As for the Vikings, what is the deadline for players to be added so that they can play in the playoffs?  or is that just other sports.

The Broncos just kicked the tires on Richie incognito, so i'm wondering if they would consider picking up AP even with the problems because of their position and Manning's control over the locker room?

With AP, anything can happen. Aldon Smith missed 5 games with pay last year for rehab and he ended up with a 9 game suspension this season. Wouldn't be surprised if AP doesn't play this year. The NFL can just pull the "conduct detrimental to the league" card.

Indeed. Keep in mind that AP has yet to have been suspended. He is being paid. The NFL can easily now say, "Ok, here's your punishment. See you next year." You also have to wonder what the Vikings will do if he is allowed to play. They took a massive PR hit for their initial flip-flopping on the situation. They also have 2 very capable backs. I know that publicly the players and coaches have said they want him back, but we have no clue what is being said behind closed doors.

I'd go Matthews this week. He looks like he has great chemistry with Sanchez. Also, reports out of SD suggest Mathews will only get around 15 touches this week, as they ease him back into the offense.

Could be nothing but smoke and mirrors from the Browns, but they sound extremely excited about getting Gordon back. Shanahan also said that they would like for opportunities to get him the ball as soon as he's on the field. Could put my team and many others over the top.

PPR? If so, Vereen without a doubt. That game is gonna be a shootout. We have no idea what the Houston offense is gonna do with Mallett under center.

No, it's standard league. I haven't been watching the Texans a lot this season so I don't know exactly how they run or how Blue runs. To me, it seem Vereen is the safer choice and Blue with bigger boom/bust potential. With Romo being on bye, I've got to started Andy Dalton again so that bigger boom potential from Blue is tempting me. I can't afford anymore losses because I'm in the middle of the pack in my league standing; close to not even making the playoff.

Somehow I'm still alive with my running back situation, so looking for one from this sorry group. PPR league. Sproles, Mason, Sankey. Also noticed Cunningham and Asiata on the free agent pool.

Did decent. Everyone played better than they should have. Left Marshall on the bench and White they both did well but Jeffery did better. My opponent has Rogers and Green and the rest of his team did decent.

Well Bradshaw and Byrant are left for me but I dont think I can overcome 80 pts....

What do you guys think of Fanduel?  My friend won 6000 this weekend and I am thinking of trying out some of the lower $$  leagues to see how it goes?

Ok, so I am doing a Monday night/ Thursday night league.  here is my roster

Roethlisberger

Charles

K.Davis

Bryant

A. Brown

N. Washington

T. Kelce

Janakowski

Chiefs Defense

Liking it but we will see, think I will need a good game from Washington to actually help me place

Any other sleepers from the monday thursday game?

I have been doing FanDuel this year and at first I couldn't lose. I actually thought it was too easy lol

Then I started really going for it trying to win some huge money and I've been awful. The thing is if you really wanna try to win big money you gotta go all in on some guys who might not work out.

My friends all rave about FanDuel. Gotta check it out.

Need 20 points out of Brown tonight to win and keep pace with the top teams in the league. He's done that 6 out of 10 games this year, so let's make it 7 out of 11!

damn roster tinkering... I switched my roster to have Leveon Bell and Nate Washington, and took them out to get a better receiver in... had Blount and Bowe instead... Bowe better have an amazing game or I just missed out on winning...

The guy who is in for the $7000 had

Mettenberger

Jamal Charles

Leveon bell

Antonio brown

Nate Washington

Kendall Wright

Suisham

Tennessee's D

he only has 116 points.

I need Bowe, Charles, Kelce, and KC's D to come up big, currently 70 points gets you into the money as of now...

damn roster tinkering... I switched my roster to have Leveon Bell and Nate Washington, and took them out to get a better receiver in... had Blount and Bowe instead... Bowe better have an amazing game or I just missed out on winning...

The guy who is in for the $7000 had

Mettenberger
Jamal Charles
Leveon bell
Antonio brown
Nate Washington
Kendall Wright
Suisham
Tennessee's D

he only has 116 points.

I need Bowe, Charles, Kelce, and KC's D to come up big, currently 70 points gets you into the money as of now...
Since Bowe sucks that's an awful switch. It's not like you were changing it up for Megatron

bread's done
Back