Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread, 2014

Gordon definitely does not appear to be game shape. His production has dropped in each of his 3 games, but you can also tie that into Hoyer's rapid decline. I have him in my lineup, just because it's so hard to sit him, knowing what he is capable of. Plus, with Manziel starting, there's a very good chance that he will lean on the best weapon he has, as rookies tend to do. Also, Manziel's ability to scramble could lead to a broken play or two where Gordon can slip in behind the defense for a cheap score.

I'm benching Gordon this week, gonna roll with Hilton, Jeffrey, and Nelson. I'd rather take my chances with the guys who put up points more consistently than Gordon...

Gordon definitely does not appear to be game shape. His production has dropped in each of his 3 games, but you can also tie that into Hoyer's rapid decline. I have him in my lineup, just because it's so hard to sit him, knowing what he is capable of. Plus, with Manziel starting, there's a very good chance that he will lean on the best weapon he has, as rookies tend to do. Also, Manziel's ability to scramble could lead to a broken play or two where Gordon can slip in behind the defense for a cheap score.
He does look thicker in the waist, but Hoyer has been unbelievably bad the last few weeks.

I'm benching Gordon this week, gonna roll with Hilton, Jeffrey, and Nelson. I'd rather take my chances with the guys who put up points more consistently than Gordon...
Hey, if you got those 3 guys, why not? I doubt many people 4 WRs like that on their team, though.

He does look thicker in the waist, but Hoyer has been unbelievably bad the last few weeks.
Yeah, Hoyer's been so bad, it's hard to tell if Gordon is really that out-of-shape, or he's just not getting a chance to make plays. He did go 8-120 in that first game back, but it scares me that his production hit a massive decline. A couple of plays I saw in that last game looked like Hoyer just overthrew him, but you'd imagine a 100% Gordon would still be able to make a play.

I played Mason tonight, ugh.  I had to though, Rashad Jennings looks like a risky play for Sunday so I figured getting some points was better than getting none.  That some ended up being 1 :/

I can't bench Gordon either - my other options would be Crabtree or Martavis Bryant.

Who would you go with in a 1/2 pt PPR Flex: Latavius Murray or Dan Herron?

Need a QB: Rivers vs Denver, Stafford vs Minnesota, or Eli vs Washington? Leaning towards Rivers because Stafford has been too up and down this year. I like Eli's matchup, though.

Also, 3 WRs: D. Thomas vs San Diego, Cobb vs Buffalo, K. Benjamin vs TB, and M. Evans vs Carolina. Leaning towards starting DT, Cobb, and Evans. Benjamin has been solid, but no Cam this week. Although, he did put up 16 with Anderson vs TB in week 1.

Actually, as crazy as it sounds, I might sit Cobb. He's scored in single digits 2 out of the past 3 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cobb has the worst matchup. You have 4 studs though.

As for the QBs I am playing Eli in Daily Leagues but rolling with Stafford in my yahoo playoffs.

I wouldn't play Vereen, he's had a total of 4 carries and 4 receptions the last 2 weeks.  Then again with the Pats, that might mean he's in line to be the featured back today.  I'd still go Johnson.

I'm trying to decide whether I should play Jennings, Still or Bryant for my FLEX.  Leaning toward Stills since Jennings will be splitting time with Williams today.

Looks like my season is over unless Jeffrey scores 30 tonight. It sucks cause I benched Hilton for Gordon last week which cost me 25 points and then yesterday left Jeremy Hill on my bench while starting Fred Jackson...

My season is over unless Ingram gets 15 points...

I knew I should have sat Julius Thomas for Owen Daniels... 4 points vs 16 points!!!

Mine isn't impossible, but with how Ingram has played the last 3 weeks, it is doubtful

With the mess that the Browns have become and the Texans going on their 4th QB, I am thinking of going with Roddy White and Mike Wallace over Josh Gordon and DeAndre Hopkins next week. Thoughts?

So I made the title game in 3 out of my 4 money leagues. If Jay Cutler had thrown his last TD pass tonight to anyone but Alshon I would have gone 4 for 4. Solid season. Guaranteed $680 if I don't win any matchup next week.

So, I decided to roll with Roddy (if he's active) and Hopkins. The Texans' QB situation scares me, but both guys (Keenum and Lewis) at least have some playing experience, and the Baltimore secondary is so bad, I am hoping even if they keep them in-check for awhile, Hopkins can slip past for a long ball.

I guess you go with Smith?  The others have tough matchups.

Guy in my league was undefeated going into the Super Bowl and lost because Aaron Rodgers shit the bed.  That's gotta suck, to have your only loss be the one that matters the most.

Aaaaaaaah!!! Won my league!!!
I'm up 95.6 - 37.7 (we do decimal points per yard) in a winner-take-all championship game for $750. He has CJ Anderson and Chandler Catanzaro and I have Seatle's D tonight. He needs a miracle so I'm smiling pretty hard right now. That kinda money goes a loooong way on CAG! Unless you're married. In which case, it goes into one purse or something fashion related. At least I get the bragging rights. I guess?

Our league is kinda shitty and the playoffs go 2 weeks, final week is 16-17.

I'm down by 3, but have Sanders tomorrow night, but he has Anderson. Had I started Asiata instead of Herron, I would be up by about 15...

Oh well, I got next week to tack on these totals, bad part is a lot of playoff bound starters will be wearing street clothes.

The Kyle Orton gambit worked.

Our league is kinda shitty and the playoffs go 2 weeks, final week is 16-17.

I'm down by 3, but have Sanders tomorrow night, but he has Anderson. Had I started Asiata instead of Herron, I would be up by about 15...

Oh well, I got next week to tack on these totals, bad part is a lot of playoff bound starters will be wearing street clothes.

The Kyle Orton gambit worked.
That's why most leagues wrap up with Week 16.

bread's done
Back