Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" thread, Lockout is Over Version

Well, no happy ending here. Lost 107.4 to 114.16, with one of the best teams I've probably ever drafted. My friend lost too, with those last few yards from Ryan Matthews running out the clock. Just one of those days.

My Roster
QB: Phillip Rivers
WR: Mike Wallace
WR: Wes Welker
WR: A.J. Green
RB: Ray Rice
RB: Reggie Bush
TE: Aaron Hernandez
K: Nick Novak
DEF: Chicago

Bench
QB: Andy Dalton
WR: Victor Cruz
RB: Roy Helu
RB: James Starks
RB: Ben Tate
K: John Kasay

For the third year in a row, I'm making an early exit after securing a first-round playoff bye. I just have to try again next year, and hopefully, that'll be the one.

Wow. Ray Rice and the Baltimore D took a shit (6 combined points) and I'm in the finals next week!!! I don't even need Mendenhall or Wallace tonight! The 4th place team won the other matchup knocking off the #1 seed although the #1 seed in my league had the 6th most points overall... I'm in good shape, I think.

The #3 seed in my league is steam rolling everyone. The #1 overall seed got kicked today. He built an awesome record but lost two of his studs towards the end of the FF regular season (Forte, Fred Jackson) that have killed him in the playoffs.

So much for the #1 seed. I got demolished in my main league, by a scrub team no less. Just the right combination at the right time. I mean, if Mike Wallace goes off tonight, and I mean 200 yards 3 TDs off, then I might have a chance.

In another league, same thing, just had opponent go off. Matthew Stafford had like 40 points.

At least I have one league where I'm in the championship game, I think I have a good chance in that one too.

Nevermind. I thought the #1 seed in my league was done. He was down 30 with Torrey Smith and 49ers D to go. They ended up scoring just enough for him to pull out the victory. It's going to be the #1 and #3 seeds in the Superbowl.

[quote name='ananag112']I need some help CAG. Which defense should I play?

Texans (@ Colts)
or Bengals (@ Cardinals)[/QUOTE]

I would go with the Texans. I think the Cards will be able to move the ball easier on the Bengals than the Colts will against the Texans.

Still in the money, but only going for 3rd place this week....who do I play? CJ Spiller at home against Denver or Reggie Bush at NE? I like the roll Reggie is on, but I think Miami is going to have to go to the pass to keep up with Brady. I'm expecting a closer game and more touches for CJ in Buffalo. What do you guys think?

It's my last game and I'm not in the championship but would still like to win my last game. I got Lance Moore with NO playing Monday Nite against ATL but Lance is currently questionable. Should I go ahead and replace him with a bench receiver today in case he doesn't play on Monday?

Wow, low scoring title game in my league. Currently the score is 85-75. It will be decided by MNF. The #1 seed wins if Colston scores at least 10 pts, if not the title goes to the #3 seed.

Championship game will be decided for me tonight. I'm down 12 with Rogers and a RB to play tonight, but he starts Brees to finish the week tomorrow. I have two options at RB since I stupidly didn't start Deangelo Williams: the returning James Starks or the starting (and Forte/Barber-less) Kahlil Bell.

Who do I choose?

Went from down 12 to up 33 after Rogers put up 5 TD's on the Bears and Bell ran all over the Pack defense. If Atlanta can keep Brees somewhat contained, I'll take out our league's top seed and claim the championship.

Here's to hoping the Saints go up a couple scores early and keep the ball on the ground.

Hmm, didn't realize that the games were all on Saturday until yesterday (Saturday).

In an interesting coincidence, my league's #1 team also lost Forte and F. Jackson, but he wasn't fortunate enough to win in the second round (he had solid backup RBs, his WRs just fell a little short).

I was only keeping a lighthearted tally on whether my advice panned out or not this season, but I got the impression I missed way more than I hit. I typically end up with a 50-80% success rate every season, but I think this season I was south of 50%. Just something I had to remark on, as I feel bad that I was about as helpful than a coin flip (with worse odds!). Hopefully, I'm a bit more accurate next season.

I hate Tony Romo.....

Well, unless Jimmy Graham goes for oh about 150 yards and 2 TDs AND Marques Colston gets a goose egg, then I'm going to have to settle for 2nd, 3rd, 3rd (maybe, got a good lead but you never know), this year.

Amazingly, I started Romo over Stafford in my title game, and still won.

It also helped me in my other league, where the playoffs are Week 16 & 17, and my opponent started Romo. I'm up 37 and have Brees, he has a kicker and Jimmy Graham left.

coupled with the 9ers win and Rex Ryan getting what he had coming, it was a nice weekend of football for me.

Well, here we go... I am up 15 points with Jimmy Graham going tonight but my opponent has Julio Jones. 10 years in this league and I've never won. I've had the best scoring team 3 times and made the finals twice but I've never won. LETS DO THIS.

I won the league championship and took home $650 for my troubles. It's hard to believe that I won without a feature QB after losing P. Manning for the season. I want to thank the following players:

Rex Grossman
Curtis Painter
Colt McCoy
Sam Bradford
Josh Johnson
Dan Orlovsky
Kyle Orton

"I love you guys."

I made it to the finals in my league. The final game is next week. I am guaranteed $600 at this point and can take home $1200 if I win. I did pretty well this year so far despite losing Fred Jackson and Forte and not really having that great a QB.

[quote name='ananag112']I made it to the finals in my league. The final game is next week. I am guaranteed $600 at this point and can take home $1200 if I win. I did pretty well this year so far despite losing Fred Jackson and Forte and not really having that great a QB.[/QUOTE] Congrats but you should fire your commish. Week 17 leagues are beyond awful.

[quote name='Javery']Well, here we go... I am up 15 points with Jimmy Graham going tonight but my opponent has Julio Jones. 10 years in this league and I've never won. I've had the best scoring team 3 times and made the finals twice but I've never won. LETS DO THIS.[/QUOTE]

Wow that was close. I won by 4.5 points. FINALLY!

[quote name='klwillis45']Congrats but you should fire your commish. Week 17 leagues are beyond awful.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. If someone like Brees was my QB and I was in the finals (reasonable based on his year) and the Saints were resting players I'd go mental.

My league's finals was a contest between the two lowest scoring teams in the league. I lost to the second place finisher on a stat correction in the second round of the playoffs (second time that happened this year); even with losing Jamaal Charles, Fred Jackson, DeMarco Murray, and Greg Jennings, had I not lost on the stat correction I would have breezed through the playoffs.

Head to head is a really stupid format.

I'm also in a week 17 title game. It's stupid to have finals in the last week, but if I didn't have the extra regular season week, I would have missed the playoffs.

In my 3 leagues I ended up finishing 2nd, 3rd, & 3rd. Definitely disappointing, but I ended up taking home a total of $215 between the 3, which was a $95 profit from my 3 buy-ins. Not bad.

Two questions for this week CAG.

Who should I start this week at RB? Kahlil Bell or Toby Gerhart? I am leaning towards Bell.

Also, who should I start at TE? Brandon Pettigrew, Brent Celek, or Kellen Winslow?

Thanks for your help as always.

bread's done
Back