Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" thread, Lockout is Over Version

[quote name='Chitown021']This would have sounded completely retarded at the beginning of the season but:
I've thrown a flyer out to my league looking for a RB thanks to Bradshaw's questionable status this week. I've got a pending trade Chris Johnson for Dez Bryant. Think I should take it or is that still too much to give up for a guy that's been a massive bust?

EDIT: I guess it might help to know who my other WR's are:

Sydney Rice
DHB
DeSean Jackson
Malcolm Floyd
Demaryous Thomas[/QUOTE]

I've had Chris Johnson on my avoid list since draft day, and I've seen nothing to change my mind. Do you feel he'll pick it up, even a little, into an RB2-type back, or are your RB corps so decimated that you really have no one else to start and there's no one decently reliable on the waiver wire? If so, I'd consider the deal. As much as everyone is hating on Chris Johnson, he's still a decent fantasy RB. Just, you'd expect to draft a guy performing like him in the 7th-12th rounds, not the 1st.

[quote name='kube00']Guy I was going to Trade sent me a message, he wants Fred Davis as well for Ingram/CJ

So he would get Davis/Fred Jackson/Crabtree for his Ingram/CJ....I think I"ll tell him no and stick to the original deal

My other TE is Vernon Davis

Maybe I can get him to take Washington/F. Jackson/Crabtree[/QUOTE]

Fred Davis/Jackson/Crabtree is way too much to give up for CJ/Ingram. You'd be trading a top 5 TE, a top 6 RB, and a solid WR3 for a top 3 WR and an RB who is only significant because the position is decimated this season (I think he's still hurt, which further diminishes his luster). On top of that, there's still a chance you'll be losing Bradshaw for the season. With the news of the injury, I'd stay put, and keep an eye on the waiver wire for the next potentially good WR (Gaffney is expendable enough to drop for a good WR prospect, like Jonathan Baldwin, if he's still there). If Bradshaw ends up on IR, immediately pick up McGahee to replace him, as McGahee shouldn't be on the waiver wire to begin with.

[quote name='G33']I've had Chris Johnson on my avoid list since draft day, and I've seen nothing to change my mind. Do you feel he'll pick it up, even a little, into an RB2-type back, or are your RB corps so decimated that you really have no one else to start and there's no one decently reliable on the waiver wire? If so, I'd consider the deal. As much as everyone is hating on Chris Johnson, he's still a decent fantasy RB. Just, you'd expect to draft a guy performing like him in the 7th-12th rounds, not the 1st.[/QUOTE]

The main reason I'm considering it is because of my RB situation caused by Bradshaw's injury. His injury leaves me with two RBs, MJD and SJAX, and due to the bye week I can only play one of them.

The way I view it it's trading one disappointment for another. I'm not expecting him to blow up for 20-30 pts but I am hoping CJ will at least get back to kicking in 10-12 pts for me. I'd also have a decent backup should MJD or SJAX go down in the second half.

@jimboslice I would go with Cassel KC seems to be righting the ship after some disastrous season ending injuries to players.

My dilemmas this week:

RB: Pick two - Tolbert vs GB, Greene vs Buf, or Johnson vs Cin? I'm thinking Tolbert and Greene (benching CJ gasp!)

WR: Pick three - Holmes vs Buf, Fitz vs StL, DHB vs Den, Rice vs Dal, Gaffney vs SF, or Colsten vs TB? I'm leaning towards Fitz, Colsten and Rice. My reasoning for Rice he has double digit fantasy points is the games Jackson has started at QB.

DEF: Oak vs The Fighting Tebows or KC vs Sporano's shades? Leaning slightly towards Oakland.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']@jimboslice I would go with Cassel KC seems to be righting the ship after some disastrous season ending injuries to players.

My dilemmas this week:

RB: Pick two - Tolbert vs GB, Greene vs Buf, or Johnson vs Cin? I'm thinking Tolbert and Greene (benching CJ gasp!)

WR: Pick three - Holmes vs Buf, Fitz vs StL, DHB vs Den, Rice vs Dal, Gaffney vs SF, or Colsten vs TB? I'm leaning towards Fitz, Colsten and Rice. My reasoning for Rice he has double digit fantasy points is the games Jackson has started at QB.

DEF: Oak vs The Fighting Tebows or KC vs Sporano's shades? Leaning slightly towards Oakland.[/QUOTE]

You do have some tough choices. Who would've ever thought we'd be talking about benching CJ for Tolbert or Greene at this point in the season?

Let's see:
I would probably go Tolbert & Greene at RB.
WR I'd play Fitz, Colsten, and I would probably give the slight edge to Rice. I really like DHB but he's only going to be as successful as Palmer is.

On defense probably Oakland. Tebow is a train wreck and if they can get up on him early and force him to pass it's going to be a turnover festival.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Question, a prompt reply would be greatly appreciated.

Cassel vs MIA
Tebow @ Oak
Freeman @ NO

Who do you pick? I'm really up in the air between all 3 of them.[/QUOTE]

I'd lean towards Cassel over Freeman. Miami has a grossly underrated rush D, which should force Cassel to air it out. Plus, with Baldwin doing well last week, he now has three nice targets - Bowe, Breaston (solid play 3 out of the last 4 weeks), and Baldwin.

[quote name='Chitown021']Any thoughts on my trade, Chris Johnson for Dez Bryant?[/QUOTE]

Tough call. Both have solid potential the remainder of the season. However, I wouldn't do it with Dez. Mostly because I have more confidence in Dallas' O, the second half of this season, over a running back that just might have started off very slowly.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']My dilemmas this week:

DEF: Oak vs The Fighting Tebows or KC vs Sporano's shades? Leaning slightly towards Oakland.[/QUOTE]

Tolbert and Greene. Fitz, Rice, and Colsten. KC. Unless you think Fox won't adapt this week to protect Tebow more.

Pick 3 (2WR, 1 flex):

-Steve Johnson
-Jordy Nelson
-Julio Jones
-Floyd
-Tolbert
-Javon Ringer

Thinking of rolling with Nelson, Jones, and Tolbert, putting Johnson on the bench. He'll probably be seeing Revis for most of the day.

[quote name='Dendaman']Pick 3 (2WR, 1 flex):

-Steve Johnson
-Jordy Nelson
-Julio Jones
-Floyd
-Tolbert
-Javon Ringer

Thinking of rolling with Nelson, Jones, and Tolbert, putting Johnson on the bench. He'll probably be seeing Revis for most of the day.[/QUOTE]

D'oh! I was about to say Johnson but against Revis he'll probably get shut down. I think the three you selected are the ones I'd go with in that case.

What do guys think I should do with my WRs?

Maclin vs Chicago (on a hot streak recently)
Manningham vs NE (Nicks is doubtful)
have both but sit out Blount vs NO

My other guys are Jennings and L. McCoy who I feel are must starts and are set.

[quote name='DQT']What do guys think I should do with my WRs?

My other guys are Jennings and L. McCoy who I feel are must starts and are set.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I would play Maclin for sure but it's a tossup between Manningham and Blout. I started Manningham earlier in the season when Nicks was out thinking he was going to blow up but all of the catches went to Cruz.

Which defense should I play this week?
CIN @ Tenn or ATL @Ind

Atlanta would be a one week matchup play versus the pathetic Colts but the Bengals have been consistently scoring me points.

My other guys are Jennings and L. McCoy who I feel are must starts and are set.[/QUOTE]I'd go Maclin and Blount. Manningham has a great matchup, especially with Nicks probably being out, but I think Cruz will benefit the most from that.

[quote name='Chitown021'] Which defense should I play this week?
CIN @ Tenn or ATL @Ind

Atlanta would be a one week matchup play versus the pathetic Colts but the Bengals have been consistently scoring me points.[/QUOTE]I think I'd go with Atlanta. As much as Tennessee has struggled offensively this year, they do have some talent, and sooner or later they'll burn someone. The Colts are just sad. To me, the Falcons are the safer play.

My decisions for this week:

Ryan Fitzpatrick (vs. NYJ) or Matt Hasselbeck (vs. CIN) Both options are ugly this week. Which one is the lesser of two evils?

Jason Avant (vs. CHI) or Torrey Smith (at PIT) Again, ugly on both counts. My WR corps is thin; I dropped Santana Moss a week ago, Nicks looks like he won't play, and Harvin is on a bye. Even VJax is looking less and less desirable by the week, but at least he should play. I'm leaning toward Avant, who was (believe it or not) the best option available on the waiver wire at WR this week.

My decisions for this week:

Ryan Fitzpatrick (vs. NYJ) or Matt Hasselbeck (vs. CIN) Both options are ugly this week. Which one is the lesser of two evils?

Jason Avant (vs. CHI) or Torrey Smith (at PIT) Again, ugly on both counts. My WR corps is thin; I dropped Santana Moss a week ago, Nicks looks like he won't play, and Harvin is on a bye. Even VJax is looking less and less desirable by the week, but at least he should play. I'm leaning toward Avant, who was (believe it or not) the best option available on the waiver wire at WR this week.

That is a tough choice on both accounts. I think I would go with Fitzpatrick. Even though he's facing the Jets I trust him more than Hasselbeck to score you some decent points.

At WR I think the safer play to get you at least a few points is Avant but you have a higher risk/reward with Smith. He may get fewer opportunities but he's also the deep threat and could land you the big play.

Trying to decide 3 WR's

Antonio Brown @ Baltimore
Steve Breaston @ Miami
Jonathan Baldwin @ Miami
Nate Washington @ Cinci
Eric Decker @ Oakland

I'm leaning towards Brown, Breaston, and Baldwin. Cinci may give Washington problems and Decker I'm on the fence every week since Tebow has started.

Instead of three WR's I could use my flex for Marion Barber @ Philly, but I'm not entirely sure about that matchup....

Probably screwed this week thanks to bye weeks and injuries, but trying to decide my second RB (starting shonn greene).

Chris Ogbonnaya - CLE (@HOU)
James Starks - GB (@SD)

have both but sit out Blount vs NO[/QUOTE]

Maclin and Blount.

[quote name='Chitown021']Which defense should I play this week?
CIN @ Tenn or ATL @Ind[/QUOTE]

Atl.

[quote name='Danimal']My decisions for this week:

Jason Avant (vs. CHI) or Torrey Smith (at PIT) [/QUOTE]

Fitz and Avant.

[quote name='4thHorseman']Trying to decide 3 WR's

Steve Breaston @ Miami
Jonathan Baldwin @ Miami
Nate Washington @ Cinci
Eric Decker @ Oakland
[/QUOTE]

Brown, Baldwin and Washington.

[quote name='JStryke']Probably screwed this week thanks to bye weeks and injuries, but trying to decide my second RB (starting shonn greene).

James Starks - GB (@SD)[/QUOTE]

Starks.

(All of the opinions above are my opinion, of course! :))

Flex?:

Heyward-Bey
Cedric Benson
or
Brandon Lloyd

I've been leaning towards Benson but now I'm thinking Heyward-Bey might be a better option with McFadden out.

[quote name='antlp89']Flex?:

Heyward-Bey
Cedric Benson
or
Brandon Lloyd

I've been leaning towards Benson but now I'm thinking Heyward-Bey might be a better option with McFadden out.[/QUOTE]

Yikes. I'm hoping DHB has a big day because I have to start him as one of my WRs but given those choices I'm leaning towards Benson as well. I think he'll be fresh and I can see CIN trying to run a lot. I think you're at least guaranteed more touches by starting Benson so more opportunities to score you points.

[quote name='Chitown021']Yikes. I'm hoping DHB has a big day because I have to start him as one of my WRs but given those choices I'm leaning towards Benson as well. I think he'll be fresh and I can see CIN trying to run a lot. I think you're at least guaranteed more touches by starting Benson so more opportunities to score you points.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what I was also thinking as well, being a running back he'll probably get more carries than a WR getting passes... I'll stick with Benson, hopefully he comes through. Thanks for the input.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Maclin and Blount.

(All of the opinions above are my opinion, of course! :))[/QUOTE]

You sure you aren't blinded by a certain affinity for the Eagles? ;)

Thanks for the recommendation.

I'm solid at RB this week, but WR is up in the air. I'm set on starting DeSean Jackson at one spot, but the other slot will have to be one of these guys since Andre is still out:

Sidney Rice
Heyward-Bey
Mike Williams (TB)
Eric Decker

[quote name='Prismatico']I'm solid at RB this week, but WR is up in the air. I'm set on starting DeSean Jackson at one spot, but the other slot will have to be one of these guys since Andre is still out:

Sidney Rice
Heyward-Bey
Mike Williams (TB)
Eric Decker[/QUOTE]

Wow, you have almost the exact WR selection as I do. The only difference is I have to start (3), I have Demaryous Thomas instead of Eric Decker, and I also have M. Floyd on my roster.

I would play either Rice or DHB. IMHO if you want the safer play put in Sidney Rice because T. Jackson seems to get the ball to him a bunch. If you want the higher risk/reward play DHB. I think he could put up more points but it depends on what kind of shape Palmer is in.

[quote name='kube00']One more question, in my non money league I've got at least one RB on bye
Ogbonnaya or Javon Ringer?[/QUOTE]

I'd probably go Ogbonnaya since he's the main man although I think Ringer has more potential to break the big play but he's not going to get nearly as many touches.

Well due to my desperate RB situation I accepted the trade and got CJ2K for Dez Bryant. Here's hoping he figures it out during the second half of the season and at least does decent.

[quote name='Dendaman']Pick 3 (2WR, 1 flex):

-Steve Johnson
-Jordy Nelson
-Julio Jones
-Floyd
-Tolbert
-Javon Ringer
[/QUOTE]

As much as I like Jones, I think Atlanta will run far more that throw. So throw in Stevie or Floyd. And I'm leaning towards Stevie. Revis is a beast, but I still think Johnson can get a couple with one TD.

[/QUOTE]

Maclin is almost a must start. Manningham has been inconsistent all year.

[quote name='Chitown021']Which defense should I play this week?
CIN @ Tenn or ATL @Ind

Atlanta would be a one week matchup play versus the pathetic Colts but the Bengals have been consistently scoring me points.[/QUOTE]

Cincy. I've actually picked Indy as my upset win this week.

[quote name='Danimal']Ryan Fitzpatrick (vs. NYJ) or Matt Hasselbeck (vs. CIN) Both options are ugly this week. Which one is the lesser of two evils?

Jason Avant (vs. CHI) or Torrey Smith (at PIT) Again, ugly on both counts. My WR corps is thin; I dropped Santana Moss a week ago, Nicks looks like he won't play, and Harvin is on a bye. Even VJax is looking less and less desirable by the week, but at least he should play. I'm leaning toward Avant, who was (believe it or not) the best option available on the waiver wire at WR this week.[/QUOTE]

Hasselbeck (my pick) should be able to get a TD or two and some yards in the air, but don't be surprised if Fitz runs two in.
Breaston, Kevin Walters, Greg Little, Preston Parker, Damian Williams, Jacoby Ford, or Doug Baldwin are not on your WW? Rough. I'd even consider snagging Cribbs. In fact, if he's on there, snag him. He will get some targets and might get some carries as well.

[quote name='4thHorseman']Trying to decide 3 WR's

Steve Breaston @ Miami
Jonathan Baldwin @ Miami
Nate Washington @ Cinci
Eric Decker @ Oakland

I'm leaning towards Brown, Breaston, and Baldwin. Cinci may give Washington problems and Decker I'm on the fence every week since Tebow.[/QUOTE]

I like your picks - the 3 B's.

[quote name='JStryke']Probably screwed this week thanks to bye weeks and injuries, but trying to decide my second RB (starting shonn greene).

James Starks - GB (@SD)[/QUOTE]

Ogbonnaya could be a nice sleeper. I know peeps are looking at DJ Ware as the WW sleeper this week, but I like a guy that just came off the Texans practice squad to face those same guys again.

[quote name='antlp89']Flex?:

Heyward-Bey
Cedric Benson
or
Brandon Lloyd

I've been leaning towards Benson but now I'm thinking Heyward-Bey might be a better option with McFadden out.[/QUOTE]

Lloyd. Freely (sp?) has been loving him.

[quote name='Prismatico']I'm solid at RB this week, but WR is up in the air. I'm set on starting DeSean Jackson at one spot, but the other slot will have to be one of these guys since Andre is still out:

Sidney Rice
Heyward-Bey
Mike Williams (TB)
Eric Decker[/QUOTE]

Rice. The numbers when Tavaris is throwing makes him tough not to play.

[quote name='kube00']One more question, in my non money league I've got at least one RB on bye
Ogbonnaya or Javon Ringer?[/QUOTE]

Ogbonnaya. See above.

I need 2 WRs, 2 RBs, and one flex player from this list:

Roddy White vs IND
DeSean Jackson vs CHI
Victor Cruz vs NE
Anquan Boldin vs PIT

DeMarco Murray vs SEA
Matt Forte vs PHI
Chris Johnson vs CIN
Mike Tolbert vs GB

Right now, I'm leaning towards Cruz, Jackson, White, Murray, and Forte. Any differing opinions?

I feel like this might finally be CJ's week to break out of his slump, but I've been saying that since Week 2.

I think I've got several good matchups so I'm having trouble committing.

For WRs:

Marques Colston vs TB
Desean Jackson vs CHI
Johnathon Baldwin vs MIA
Jordy Nelson vs SD

RBs:

Arian Foster vs CLE
Darren Sproles vs TB
Legarrette Blount vs NO
Beanie Wells vs STL

I'm thinking Colston and Nelson for my WRs, but I'm tempted to try Baldwin. Jackson lets me down every time I play him and has a stellar game every time I don't. Honestly, I'm just tired of dealing with him.

For RBs, Foster is an obvious choice. Wells should have a good game against STL. So I'm left with Sproles or Blount. Blount is the main guy for TB, but it's his first game back. Sproles shares the load with others but always puts up solid numbers. I'm thinking Sproles.

Thoughts?

Need help picking my flex -

Denarius Moore
Eric Decker
Mike Williams

I've hated the way Tebow has been playing and with Palmer, I don't know much I trust Moore. Leaning towards Williams. Thoughts?

Quick Vernon Davis or Fred Davis at TE and since I can use one of them at Flex should I start one over Nate Washington?

[quote name='pure skill']I think I've got several good matchups so I'm having trouble committing.

For WRs:

Marques Colston vs TB
Desean Jackson vs CHI
Johnathon Baldwin vs MIA
Jordy Nelson vs SD

RBs:

Arian Foster vs CLE
Darren Sproles vs TB
Legarrette Blount vs NO
Beanie Wells vs STL

I'm thinking Colston and Nelson for my WRs, but I'm tempted to try Baldwin. Jackson lets me down every time I play him and has a stellar game every time I don't. Honestly, I'm just tired of dealing with him.

For RBs, Foster is an obvious choice. Wells should have a good game against STL. So I'm left with Sproles or Blount. Blount is the main guy for TB, but it's his first game back. Sproles shares the load with others but always puts up solid numbers. I'm thinking Sproles.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I'd roll the dice on Jackson, and yes Sproles.

[quote name='TheRock88']Need help picking my flex

Demariyus Thomas vs Oak
Ben Watson vs Houston[/QUOTE]

Thomas.

[quote name='Amc5kidz']Need help picking my flex -

Denarius Moore
Eric Decker
Mike Williams

I've hated the way Tebow has been playing and with Palmer, I don't know much I trust Moore. Leaning towards Williams. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Ugh, yeah probably Williams.

[quote name='kube00']Quick Vernon Davis or Fred Davis at TE and since I can use one of them at Flex should I start one over Nate Washington?[/QUOTE]

Start Fred Davis.

Haha, first time Ogbonnaya gets the ball and he fumbles basically giving Houston another score.

And Julio Jones is killing me...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kaelestis']

And Julio Jones is killing me...[/QUOTE]

Exactly, my opponent has him and Ryan it's not pretty!

Colsten and Holmes are doing nothing. Greene is the only guy getting me much of anything at this point. Well just got me some points from Rice so I'm finally in double digits.

Well, taking the KC defense over Oakland seems to be backfiring (evidentially they are no longer sucking for Luck). At least they are not taking points away from me.....yet....

Looks like my win streak ends at 4.

Ugh, Fred Jackson hurt. If he misses time, my season is over. I already lost Charles in week 2. Jackson is my only legitimate starting RB. Kind of funny that I still lead my league in scoring, but that won't be sustainable without FredEx.

EDIT: Oh sweet, he's back in

Hate myself for putting in Ogbananaloser for McGahee. Kind of crazy he could come back so soon after surgery though and wasn't expecting that. Glad I kept DHB, Ringer, and Baldwin on the bench since they did squat.

Although I can count a number of highlights and lowlights from the games today, the most satisfying one is the notion that, for the first time this season, it may not be necessary for me to roster the entire Washington Redskins RB backfield anymore. If any of you have had to start Hightower or Torain during any week this season, you can imagine how ecstatic I am.

Picked up Steve Breaston about ten minutes before game time to replace the injured Malcom Floyd (my bench is littered with hurt RB's - Hillis, Ingram, and Faulk).

I'm up 50 points with my opponent having LeSean McCoy still to go.

What the fuck happened in Oakland today? DHB was their go to guy and he doesn't even register a catch? Thanks a lot Raiders you completely screwed me this week!

Once again my week will be decided by Vick and DeSean Jackson. I need the two of them to combine for 50 pts this week to win. Please Vick, hook up with Jackson for at least one TD tomorrow night.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kilraven']
Maclin is almost a must start. Manningham has been inconsistent all year.

[/QUOTE]

You got that right. As I've learned the hard way, he's a mediocre fantasy receiver even in the best of match-ups. Eli should just fess up and finally admit that Cruz is his real number two after Nicks.

I got a nice easy win against the worst team in my league this week thanks to VJax. 110-71. He's done, I have Avant going tonight. That puts me at 6-3, but unfortunately, I'm in the toughest division in our league. I'm tied with another guy at 6-3 (he has the tiebreaker since he beat me head-to-head) and we're both chasing another guy who won again this week to get to 7-2. I have the head-to-head tiebreaker with the 7-2 team from beating him in week 2, and I play him again in our regular season finale, week 13.

in my 2 minor leagues i have decent leads and should win. but in my main money league i decided to bench vincent jackson at the last minute in favor of brandon lloyd. now i'm down 14 points with mccoy and peppers to play. 14 points is just enough to make MNF stressful.

Just a reminder...if you have any Raiders or Chargers players, make your decisions before Thursday night, as we've reached that point in the season where Thursday games are the norm from here on out.

For my flex: Jordy Nelson, Steve Johnson, or Tolbert? Looking like Mathews is going to play this week.

[quote name='Dendaman']Just a reminder...if you have any Raiders or Chargers players, make your decisions before Thursday night, as we've reached that point in the season where Thursday games are the norm from here on out.

For my flex: Jordy Nelson, Steve Johnson, or Tolbert? Looking like Mathews is going to play this week.[/QUOTE]

Tolbert. Oakland's a good matchup and Rivers showed life last week. Even with Matthews back, he should put up decent numbers.

This week I picked up Jake Ballard (TE), so the question:

Do I start Jake Ballard vs. San Francisco or Greg Olsen vs. Tennessee?

Cam Newton is my Quarterback.

Which three of my four running backs should I start this week? I have:

Matt Forte (against Lions)
Maurice Jones-Drew (against Colts)
Fred Jackson (against Cowboys)
Mike Tolbert (against Raiders)

I was leaning towards, Forte, Jackson, and Jones-Drew. However, Mathews might not play this week and Tolbert had a great game last week. Also, Barber seems to be getting the ball near the endzone and stealing points from Forte and Jackson didn't do that well last week either.

bread's done
Back