Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" thread, Version 2.0

This week is byes for 2 of my receivers (Jennings and Colston)... what do you guys think my points chances are with Mike Williams (Seattle) and Danny Amendola? This is a non PPR league so all the matters is yards and tds.

[quote name='lordopus99']This week is byes for 2 of my receivers (Jennings and Colston)... what do you guys think my points chances are with Mike Williams (Seattle) and Danny Amendola? This is a non PPR league so all the matters is yards and tds.[/QUOTE]

you could have worse back ups. who is on the waiver wire?

RB questions
Should I start Rice/LT over Jones-Drew? Also how do people feeling about using McNabb this week against the Eagles?

Rowdy Roddy White with 138 yards and 2 TDs! Good start for me this week as Ray Rice (on my opponent's team) was kept out of the end zone.

For my remaining 2 RB spots and 1 WR spot, I plan to start Peterson and Hillis, and Fitzgerald at WR. Blount is my flex.

I'm debating whether or not to sit Fitzgerald and start Dez Bryant instead. I know Larry is elite talent, but his QB/QBs is/are not and he didn't do well against Seattle the last time they played. Giants gave up a lot of points to Dallas the last time they played with Dez having only 4 catches for 54 yards, but 2 TDs as well as a return for a TD. Tough choice.

[quote name='MasterSun1']Rowdy Roddy White with 138 yards and 2 TDs! Good start for me this week as Ray Rice (on my opponent's team) was kept out of the end zone.[/QUOTE]

I'm already hosed this week. My opponent had Rice and White and is off to a 36-0 lead. Figures.

[quote name='MasterSun1']For my remaining 2 RB spots and 1 WR spot, I plan to start Peterson and Hillis, and Fitzgerald at WR. Blount is my flex.

I'm debating whether or not to sit Fitzgerald and start Dez Bryant instead. I know Larry is elite talent, but his QB/QBs is/are not and he didn't do well against Seattle the last time they played. Giants gave up a lot of points to Dallas the last time they played with Dez having only 4 catches for 54 yards, but 2 TDs as well as a return for a TD. Tough choice.[/QUOTE]

The two Dez Bryant TDs came in garbage time in that Giants game. It's a tough choice though - I have Fitzgerald this season and he has been on my bench almost every week (I've got Nicks and Wayne as my WRs).

I need to choose 3 of the following:

LaDanian Tomlinson
Ryan Torain
Randy Moss
Mike Sims-Walker
Mike Williams (TB)

Currently leaning towards: Tomlinson, Sims-Walker, and Williams. Love to hear your opinions.

[quote name='Swift900']I need to choose 3 of the following:

LaDanian Tomlinson
Ryan Torain
Randy Moss
Mike Sims-Walker
Mike Williams (TB)

Currently leaning towards: Tomlinson, Sims-Walker, and Williams. Love to hear your opinions.[/QUOTE]That's the way I'd go. I think Sims-Walker is going to put up some big numbers today. Torain is "expected to play", but I doubt he'll match the 70 yards and a TD he had against Philly in week 4.

[quote name='maccabee72']Knowshon vs. KC or LDT @ Cleveland?[/QUOTE] I'd go with LDT.

I'm starting Mike Williams TB, I need two more receivers:

Mike Williams Sea vs ARI
Danny Woodhead NE vs PITT
Randy Moss TENN vs MIA
Miles Austin DAL vs Minn

Leaning towards Moss and Williams.

LDT @ CLE or
L. Fitz v. SEA

?????

I have a feeling it doesn't matter. LDT has been on the decline as the season goes on but Fitz has NO QB and you really can't count on him week to week... Right now I've got LDT in there...

^^I assume you are talking about LT?? I got him in both my leagues and always start him. He gets decent yards even if he doesn't get TDs so he's usually a safe start

Brandon Jacobs
or
Keiland Williams

Last edited by a moderator:
man... fantasy is so unpredictable it makes me yank my hair out...

LDT has been averaging 4 yards per carry. The Jets get the ball within the Redzone to the 2 yard line. Why would it not be an automatic handoff to LDT? Sanchez risks throwing it twice, and ultimately scrambles into the endzone on a broken play.

Mike Williams (TB) has yet to see any action, and Sims-Walker, who was predicted to have a big game, has only one catch for 11 yards. As hot as Jones-Drew is today, Sims-Walker may as well hit the showers and call it a day.

Just one of those weeks I guess... so frustrating.

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']^^I assume you are talking about LT?? I got him in both my leagues and always start him. He gets decent yards even if he doesn't get TDs so he's usually a safe start

Brandon Jacobs
or
Keiland Williams[/QUOTE]
JACOBS!!! I'm surprised he's even available. He's been running great lately, and I wouldn't lie to you. Against Dallas he will work them today. Jacobs isn't the primary back obviously, one of the best fantasy RB's Ahmad Bradshaw is the starter. But Jacobs still gets nice runs, goal line carries, and scores TD's

GET HIM NOW IF STILL AVAILABLE!

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']JACOBS!!! I'm surprised he's even available. He's been running great lately, and I wouldn't lie to you. Against Dallas he will work them today. Jacobs isn't the primary back obviously, one of the best fantasy RB's Ahmad Bradshaw is the starter. But Jacobs still gets nice runs, goal line carries, and scores TD's

GET HIM NOW IF STILL AVAILABLE![/QUOTE]

Ok thanks yea I figured as much I just think there is a chance Torain doesn't play/ get injured. Also he's not available I have him (in both leagues actually) he's been doing good work and I figure they need him to penetrate red zone D against Dallas. Thanks for talking some sense into me.

MJD, Blount, and Freeman are saving me right now.

I should have started Fred Jackson vs DET.

I'm glad I didn't start Moss.

Hopefully, Freeman can find Williams soon.

I was up 13 in my undefeated league. Moments later, I'm down 2. fuck you, Mike Thomas from Jacksonville. I've somehow gotten back into the lead and have a good chance to pull off the win, but still. Last second 50 yard fluke TD pass by Thomas. God. Damn. It.

yeesh. After an ugly morning with disappointing performances from Forte, Foster and Sims-Walker I'm somehow winning by 1 point. Granted I could easily fall behind still, opponent has Fitzgerald, Jones (KC), Lloyd (DEN) playing right now, so I could easily fall behind again. But an hour or so ago I thought I would lose for sure. Now I actually have a chance.

He only has Pittsburgh D tonight, I have Big Ben and Cooley tonight and tomorrow. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

edit: F U BRANDON LLOYD

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']Ok thanks yea I figured as much I just think there is a chance Torain doesn't play/ get injured. Also he's not available I have him (in both leagues actually) he's been doing good work and I figure they need him to penetrate red zone D against Dallas. Thanks for talking some sense into me.[/QUOTE]
I don't think he got too many points today, did he? Dam... He had a touchdown too but it got called back because of holding. Giants just had an awful game.

Screw Pittsburgh for not using their main weapon (Mendenhall) more during the game.

Also what is up with Aaron Hernandez not getting targeted last night...

There goes my week...Down six, I have Akers, and he has Moss... too much of a long shot.

[quote name='lordopus99']Screw Pittsburgh for not using their main weapon (Mendenhall) more during the game.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with this. I'm up 11 and the other guy has Cooley playing tonight. Mendenhall and the ATROCIOUS Chiefs Defense are the only players I had yesterday that didn't get me double digit points.

The reason the game is so close is because my opponent picked up Mike Thomas who, for those of you who don't know, was the guy who caught that miracle deflection at the end of the Jags/Texans game yesterday, and got 29 points out of him.

[quote name='chimpster1313']I completely agree with this. I'm up 11 and the other guy has Cooley playing tonight. Mendenhall and the ATROCIOUS Chiefs Defense are the only players I had yesterday that didn't get me double digit points.

The reason the game is so close is because my opponent picked up Mike Thomas who, for those of you who don't know, was the guy who caught that miracle deflection at the end of the Jags/Texans game yesterday, and got 29 points out of him.[/QUOTE]

My opponent had both Garrard and M. Thomas in play. He got 21 pts from them just in that last play. I'm currently down 6.5 points and only have Washington's Defense left.

I'm down 3 going into tonight and I have Cooley going. LETS GOOO CHRIS COOLEY!!

Mike Wallace did amazing to get me a bunch of points.

I had a feeling Wallace was going to get it going towards the end of the game last night. Desperate quarterback, injured Hines Ward, speedy Wallace, and suspect secondary. In one of my teams, he turned a 9 point deficit to a 28 point lead.

Started both Garrard (for the off Rodgers) and Thomas (for the off Crayton). Amazing stroke of dumb luck, I guess.

I'm down 11, but both of my backs play tonight (McCoy and Torain). Looking to be a win - probably should have started Mare at K though considering he put up 18 pts yesterday.

after my moaning yesterday i had my 4 guys that played in the afternoon games and night game combine for 90 points (Patrick Willis, Frank Gore, Dwayne Bowe & Ben Roethlisberger). Opponents afternoon guys failed with the exception of Brandon Lloyd and I'm not winning by 30+ points with Cooley left to go. Pretty happy about that keep my first place spot in my main league.

in my secondary league i crushed my little brother and should move into 2nd place in the division (5-5) which means im in line for a playoff spot right now. really not happy with the way this league is set up (divisions, ppr etc) and it doesnt help that two of my tops picks were hurt Grand & Romo), but theres money on the line, so i will hope for the best.

in the CAG league for fun im doing terrible, but i think ill get my 2nd win of the year this week. i missed the draft in this league and just havent been able to recover. oh well.

[quote name='lordopus99']Screw Pittsburgh for not using their main weapon (Mendenhall) more during the game.

Also what is up with Aaron Hernandez not getting targeted last night...[/QUOTE]
I had both of these guys starting this week, too, but fortunately I survived it thanks mainly to Mike Wallace and David Garrard (who I just picked up this week to cover Rivers bye)

It also didn't hurt that my opponent ended up with only 54 points thanks to poor games by Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, and T.O. and having only one healthy RB to start.

I just realized I clinched my division this week. I'm 8-2, the second-place team fell to 4-6, and we only play 3 more weeks in our regular season. :bouncy:

Oh, I forgot to mention I need Vick to score less than 40 points. Looks like he's at 26 already in just one quarter. Wow, I can't believe that garbage touchdown "pass" Washington is fucking pathetic!

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']Oh, I forgot to mention I need Vick to score less than 40 points. Looks like he's at 26 already in just one quarter. Wow, I can't believe that garbage touchdown "pass" Washington is fucking pathetic![/QUOTE]

You. Are. fucked.

Holy crap I actually have a shot. I'm only 15 down now with Vick and Akers (but my opponent has McCoy). This will be my greatest comeback ever (I started off down 40+) if it happens. They will pull Vick though, right? I should start rooting for Washington to make it close...

Worst freaking luck ever..

Peyton Manning gets 7 points this week. Steelers D gets ZERO. Now the dumbass Redskins are letting Vick score 50 points himself and not even playing Chris Cooley. POS team!

Vick has completed 92% of his passes for 200+ yards...and we're only in the 2nd. Looks like Vick is starting himself in his fantasy league this week.

You guys are screwed if your opponent has Michael Vick, I was up double the score of my opponent but he had Vick, now it's almost tied. I do own Vick in a lot of other leagues so I'm happy.

Holy shit - I just took the lead! There's no way this is going to hold though unless the Redskins start mounting a comeback - the Eagles will likely run the ball for the most part and I'm only up by 2.5 points. I'll take a few Akers FGs though...

OH. MY. GOD. I thought I lost this week, with my team doing jack shit and being down 50 or whatever. Vick has 40 now, and only needs to score 7 more points. At that point, I'll be tied, and since my bench as more points than his, I would get the win. Which is great since I'm in a playoff hunt right now with 5 of us all bunched up. (tied with 2 others, behind the leader by a game, and one guy a game behind us).

And now I'm up 6.05 points. I'm actually feeling a little better. McCoy would have to rush for 61 more yards for my opponent to take the lead (and that assumes Vick and Akers won't score anything else). This is unreal.

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']Wow and they signed McNabb to some garbage deal hahaha[/QUOTE]

Well to be fair, it's the Redskins D that's getting steamrolled, not McNabb. But yeah, looking at this game, Vick is more deserving of a contract like that.

Just watch, Vick will get injured now that he's close after I gave up for the week just to mess with my emotions.

HELLOOOOoooo 104-104 tie.

As long as he doesn't fumble or throw an interception, I got the win. I so did not see this coming two hours ago. I'm as giddy as a school girl right now.

[quote name='JStryke']HELLOOOOoooo 104-104 tie.

As long as he doesn't fumble or throw an interception, I got the win. I so did not see this coming two hours ago. I'm as giddy as a school girl right now.[/QUOTE]
Are you a girl? You're lucky as fuck. You won't be so lucky the next time.

[quote name='Tony208']Michael Vick 48.68 fantasy points, is that like the best of all time? And its only the 3rd quarter.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it but it depends on your league. Earlier this year I got almost 50 from McFadden on a 4TD 200+ yard day. If a RB goes off the Tds are worth more and the yards are worth more.

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']You're lucky as fuck. You won't be so lucky the next time.[/QUOTE]

I know I won't be this lucky, but my team doesn't usually do this poorly either seeing as I have Foster, Turner, Reggie Wayne, and Harvin as my main players.

bread's done
Back