Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" thread, Version 2.0

[quote name='javeryh']I doubt it but it depends on your league. Earlier this year I got almost 50 from McFadden on a 4TD 200+ yard day. If a RB goes off the Tds are worth more and the yards are worth more.[/QUOTE]

ahh, that week McFadden put up 43.6 in my league

Here I am all excited not even realizing my opponent has Desean Jackson. Meh, As long as another pass isn't thrown I'm fine, but still.

[quote name='JStryke']Here I am all excited not even realizing my opponent has Desean Jackson. Meh, As long as another pass isn't thrown I'm fine, but still.[/QUOTE]
It's great to see a complete POS, that should be in prison, doing all this bullsh**.

I needed Chris Cooley to get 3 points in one league and Vick to get less than 40 in another. Worthless McNabb and worthless Vick... just my luck with two disgraces going at it

[quote name='JStryke']He can go back in prison after this year. This year? CHAMPIONSHIP![/QUOTE]
That's just stupid. They'll score 10 total points next week. Championship hahaha.. I guess what they say is right about West Virginia. NY Giants will take a shit on them next week

I'm allowed to be happy this week. :razz: As for next week, we'll see. Anything can happen.

Also, I'm not a born and raised West Virginian. ;)

[quote name='DestroVega']remember the date, Vick had the best fantasy game of all time.[/QUOTE]

I would remember this date. I stood my ground against Vick's 48 point barrage. Of course, I had some help from Maclin and Philly D tonight as well.

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']It's great to see a complete POS, that should be in prison, doing all this bullsh**.[/QUOTE]

This seems outrageously uncalled for.

[quote name='lordopus99']
There goes my week...Down six, I have Akers, and he has Moss... too much of a long shot.[/QUOTE]

Wow, just wow. I could have never guessed that I would win. Thank you Mike Vick for getting my guy all those extra points. Also, thank you Eagles D for shutting down Santana Moss. :applause:

[quote name='Over easy']I would remember this date. I stood my ground against Vick's 48 point barrage. Of course, I had some help from Maclin and Philly D tonight as well.[/QUOTE]

Me too... barely. Had a 57.8 point lead with nobody playing and my opponent had Vick. Ended up winning by less than 9. I thought for sure I would lose.

From ESPN:

Fantasy football is a numbers game, through and through.

On Monday night, Michael Vick posted some incredible numbers, passing for 333 yards and four touchdowns while rushing for 80 yards and two additional scores. With 49 fantasy points, Vick holds the best single-game performance of the 2010 season so far, but how does it rank since 2000?

1. Clinton Portis, 2003 Week 14, 54 fantasy points: This one meant about as much to his Denver Broncos as it did to his fantasy owners; without this win versus the eventual division-winning Kansas City Chiefs, the Broncos probably wouldn't have reached the playoffs in 2003. It was his fifth 100-yard rushing effort in a streak of six to conclude the season, and in the process, he upstaged an even bigger (at the time) fantasy stud, the Chiefs' Priest Holmes (44 rushing yards, two touchdowns).

2. Shaun Alexander, 2002 Week 4, 52: Ah, a Sunday night football classic. Surely you remember this one? In only the second game at Qwest Field (then Seahawks Stadium), Alexander set an NFL record with five touchdowns in the game's first half, establishing his reputation as a premier prime-time performer. He played 14 night games in his career, totaling 13 touchdowns.

Simple question. I have Antonio Gates. He is hurt, but will likely play.

I also have Benjamin Watson who can fill in at TE and I have Reggie Bush getting his first playing time since week 2 or 3.

What it boils down to. Who gets played in the TE spot, Gates or Watson (who is going up a horrendous Jaguar pass defense), and then who gets played in the flex spot, Bush or the guy not starting at TE.

I have to start one of these guys and i just dont know who to pick.
McFadden vs. Pit.
Brown vs. Chi.
Best vs. Dal
I would normally pick McFadden, but I think this week he is a bust going against a Steelers team that just lost.

[quote name='icp_00_111']I have to start one of these guys and i just dont know who to pick.
McFadden vs. Pit.
Brown vs. Chi.
Best vs. Dal
I would normally pick McFadden, but I think this week he is a bust going against a Steelers team that just lost.[/QUOTE]

I'd say go with Brown. Thigpen is starting for Miami, so I would expect to see a lot more wildcat and running in general.

For my flex (it's always the flex) I'm debating between Matt Forte and Felix Jones (got him on a waiver this week). Forte is pretty consistent at getting 8 points or so, but every once in a while he goes off for 20+. I have a hunch with Felix Jones after they way Dallas played last week and playing against Detroit this week. Right now, Jones is my starter but need to decide by tomorrow night since Forte is playing Thursday.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']
For my flex (it's always the flex) I'm debating between Matt Forte and Felix Jones (got him on a waiver this week). Forte is pretty consistent at getting 8 points or so, but every once in a while he goes off for 20+. I have a hunch with Felix Jones after they way Dallas played last week and playing against Detroit this week. Right now, Jones is my starter but need to decide by tomorrow night since Forte is playing Thursday.[/QUOTE] Jones.

I also own Forte and his numbers have been uninspiring thanks to that crappy line & increased use of Chester.

I benched him last week & plugged in Fred Jackson vs Detroit. It worked out nicely.

[quote name='Tony208']never bench mcfadden, he's like top 5 RB and he missed 2 games[/QUOTE] Agreed. At this point, he's unbenchable.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']For my flex (it's always the flex) I'm debating between Matt Forte and Felix Jones (got him on a waiver this week). Forte is pretty consistent at getting 8 points or so, but every once in a while he goes off for 20+. I have a hunch with Felix Jones after they way Dallas played last week and playing against Detroit this week. Right now, Jones is my starter but need to decide by tomorrow night since Forte is playing Thursday.[/QUOTE]

Don't rely to heavily on Jones (he is an injury freak) or that Garrett sticks with the run game from here on out. He was the primary offensive play caller before Wade got canned. However, he better change if he wants the job next year - which I still believe Cower will get no matter what.

That said, I prefer late and Monday games over Thurday (except for Thanksgiving, that's money) and early games. So play Felix and pray he doesn't go gimp.

[quote name='icp_00_111']I have to start one of these guys and i just dont know who to pick.
McFadden vs. Pit.
Brown vs. Chi.
Best vs. Dal
I would normally pick McFadden, but I think this week he is a bust going against a Steelers team that just lost.[/QUOTE]

McFad. Brown has been a bust this season and, even if they go wildcat, it's no guarantee that Ricky won't be the one to shine. Best has stunk with Hill, so he's out, too.

[quote name='chimpster1313']Simple question. I have Antonio Gates. He is hurt, but will likely play.

I also have Benjamin Watson who can fill in at TE and I have Reggie Bush getting his first playing time since week 2 or 3.

What it boils down to. Who gets played in the TE spot, Gates or Watson (who is going up a horrendous Jaguar pass defense), and then who gets played in the flex spot, Bush or the guy not starting at TE.[/QUOTE]

Watson and Bush.

Which two would you guys start this week?

Mendenhall vs. OAK
Foster @ NYJ
SJax vs. ATL

Is it crazy to consider benching Foster this week? He's been a beast for me all year, but he's got the toughest matchup by far.

Also, which 2 WRs?

Nicks @ PHI
Colston vs. SEA
Wallace vs. OAK

I think Nicks is a must-start, and I'm leaning toward going with him and Wallace.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Rivers or vick?[/QUOTE]Wow, that's an interesting dilemma. I'd go Rivers. I think the Monday night game will be a shootout, and I just can't see the Giants D letting Vick take over like he did against the Skins.

Alright I need some help with mine.

QB: Vick (vs NYG) and Orton (@SD) --> Obviously Vick

RB: LT (vs HOU), Gore (vs TB), Bradshaw (@PHI), Mccoy (vsNYG)
--> I'm not sure here. Definitely Gore, and I'm learning towards LT....thoughts?

WR: Andre Johnson (@NYJ), Mike Wallace (vsOAK), Malcom Floyd (vsDEN), Lance Moore (vsSEA), Wayne (@NE)
--> I get 3 spots. I was thinking Wallace because he's been a beast lately, and the staple Andre Johnson. Thoughts? Who should I have for a third spot? Reggie Wayne has been a dud lately.

TE: Moeaki (vsARI) and Zach Miller (@PIT) --> no idea on this one.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Rivers or vick?[/QUOTE]

Vick. While the match-up isn't favorable, he will get the rushing yards. a TD or two, and some decent passing yards.

[quote name='Danimal']Which two would you guys start this week?

Mendenhall vs. OAK
Foster @ NYJ
SJax vs. ATL

Is it crazy to consider benching Foster this week? He's been a beast for me all year, but he's got the toughest matchup by far.

Also, which 2 WRs?

Nicks @ PHI
Colston vs. SEA
Wallace vs. OAK

I think Nicks is a must-start, and I'm leaning toward going with him and Wallace.[/QUOTE]

Foster may have the toughest match-up, but if Schaub's out he's money. Foster and SJax. Nicks and Colston.

[quote name='Chiba']Alright I need some help with mine.

QB: Vick (vs NYG) and Orton (@SD) --> Obviously Vick

RB: LT (vs HOU), Gore (vs TB), Bradshaw (@PHI), Mccoy (vsNYG)
--> I'm not sure here. Definitely Gore, and I'm learning towards LT....thoughts?

WR: Andre Johnson (@NYJ), Mike Wallace (vsOAK), Malcom Floyd (vsDEN), Lance Moore (vsSEA), Wayne (@NE)
--> I get 3 spots. I was thinking Wallace because he's been a beast lately, and the staple Andre Johnson. Thoughts? Who should I have for a third spot? Reggie Wayne has been a dud lately.

TE: Moeaki (vsARI) and Zach Miller (@PIT) --> no idea on this one.[/QUOTE]

Vick. McCoy and Gore. Wayne, AJ, and Floyd (if he doesn't play then Wallace). Moeaki

[quote name='kube00']Should I start Moss over Thomas (Jags)?
TE-Miller or Boss?

Should I use KC's D or stick with New Orleans?[/QUOTE]

If you're talking Randy then play Thomas, if Santana then stick with Santana. Boss for TE. KC and NO is a toss-up, I may lean towards NO.

After starting the season with 4 straight losses, I've won 6 straight and moved into 4th place after being in dead place. Peyton Hillis saved my season. Torrain wasn't a bad pickup from waivers either. Same with Blount in a pinch.

I'm finally giving up on Fitzgerald and benching him for Dez Bryant (Roddy White is my #1 WR). A RB trio of Peterson, Hillis, and Blount will be good to me for the playoffs, though I'm playing Mike Williams (TB WR) over Blount this week in my flex based on the matchup for SF.

well, i didn't know the Dolphins played tonight, I accidentally had Ronnie Brown still in my lineup, as well as Marshall and Knox.. suffice to say, my fantasy season is probably over.

[quote name='DestroVega']well, i didn't know the Dolphins played tonight, I accidentally had Ronnie Brown still in my lineup, as well as Marshall and Knox.. suffice to say, my fantasy season is probably over.[/QUOTE]My opponent this week had Marshall in his lineup, but switched him out for Michael Crabtree about 5 minutes before kickoff. :bomb: Also, I got a nice goose egg from Dan Carpenter, who has been lighting it up for me most weeks. On the bright side, my opponent had Cutler and only got 8 points from him. I had Miami's DST; they gave me 14 with our scoring system, so I guess that could have been worse.

[quote name='Danimal']My opponent this week had Marshall in his lineup, but switched him out for Michael Crabtree about 5 minutes before kickoff. :bomb: Also, I got a nice goose egg from Dan Carpenter, who has been lighting it up for me most weeks. On the bright side, my opponent had Cutler and only got 8 points from him. I had Miami's DST; they gave me 14 with our scoring system, so I guess that could have been worse.[/QUOTE]

I, too, received the Carpenter Laid Egg. However, my opponent had B-Marsh, so I can't be too upset.

Same here with effing Carpenter. And I also forgot there was a game last night. I really don't want to drop my game this week.

I dropped Mercedes Lewis in favor of Gronkowski this week. Really hoping Indianapolis doesn't cover him, considering they give up a good amount of points to TEs this year, and that Brady looks his way instead of Hernandez or Crumpler.

I'm off to a great start and no one on my team has even played yet. My opponent had Chester Taylor last night. 10 rushes for 11 yards. I'm down 1-0!!

[quote name='javeryh']I'm off to a great start and no one on my team has even played yet. My opponent had Chester Taylor last night. 10 rushes for 11 yards. I'm down 1-0!![/QUOTE]

Nice.

In my minor league (aka the family league with rules I don't like). I started the Bears D, so I'm up 23-0 right now (he had nobody).

I'm 5-5 in that league and barely holding on to the last playoff spot. I'm playing the best team in the league this week 8-2. But hey, I gave him one of his losses earlier in the year and I'm off to a good start. I'd love to make the playoffs in this league because I started out 1-3 and almost gave up on it due to the bad start and rules.

[quote name='MasterSun1']Finally Carpenter owners get screwed over. About damn time.[/QUOTE]

I picked Carpenter up the week after his second 5 FG game because my starting (and only) kicker got hurt and he was the best one available. So I missed out on all the Carpenter goodness to begin with.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']Nice.

In my minor league (aka the family league with rules I don't like). I started the Bears D, so I'm up 23-0 right now (he had nobody).

I'm 5-5 in that league and barely holding on to the last playoff spot. I'm playing the best team in the league this week 8-2. But hey, I gave him one of his losses earlier in the year and I'm off to a good start. I'd love to make the playoffs in this league because I started out 1-3 and almost gave up on it due to the bad start and rules.[/QUOTE]

I can't decide which league is my minor league one. I've been in a no-money league for 10 years with some of my closest friends and we constantly talk shit and it's great. The draft is in AC every year and the league is just a lot of fun. My other league is with a few of my friends but it is made up of 5 other guys I don't really know at all but there was a $50 entry fee so I want to win that one too.

I'm having a pretty good year in both: 8-2 in the no-money league; 2nd place and 2nd most points scored and 7-3 in the money league; 1st place and most points scored - by far - I'm 100 clear of the field.

[quote name='javeryh']I can't decide which league is my minor league one. I've been in a no-money league for 10 years with some of my closest friends and we constantly talk shit and it's great. The draft is in AC every year and the league is just a lot of fun. My other league is with a few of my friends but it is made up of 5 other guys I don't really know at all but there was a $50 entry fee so I want to win that one too.

I'm having a pretty good year in both: 8-2 in the no-money league; 2nd place and 2nd most points scored and 7-3 in the money league; 1st place and most points scored - by far - I'm 100 clear of the field.[/QUOTE]

My main league is with a good group of friends and coworkers. We've been playing together for years, but 4 seasons ago we started playing for money and the league is even more competitive than ever. I'm 1st place in this league right now, tied with another team at 8-2, but I have more points.

My minor league is with mostly family, the buy in is less, its the first year and it's just different (ESPN, PPR, divisions, positions, playoff schedules etc). So I pay attention because there's money, but I'd much much rather win my main league. I'm barely in 4th place at 5-5 in this league, but that's a playoff birth.

Then there is the CAG league. This is my third year (I think) playing with CAGs. I never seem to do well in those. I think I've missed the draft every year and after that I just can't bounce back. But I set my line up and cross my fingers. I'm 2-8 in this league and in 11th (yeah not last!).

Eli Manning or Joe Flacco?

Pick 2: Cedric Benson, Brandon Jackson, Shonn Greene, Reggie Bush

And then I have a W/R/T spot open and the options are: 1 from the above list, Pierre Garcon, or Lee Evans

In my other league, Carson Palmer or Matt Ryan?

Thanks in advance

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']Eli Manning or Joe Flacco?

Pick 2: Cedric Benson, Brandon Jackson, Shonn Greene, Reggie Bush

And then I have a W/R/T spot open and the options are: 1 from the above list, Pierre Garcon, or Lee Evans

In my other league, Carson Palmer or Matt Ryan?

Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

Eli, no doubt about it. Ryan in your other league.

You're RBs will be frustrating this week. Keep an eye on Benson to see if he's out. If he isn't, I'd play Benson and Greene. Jackson is going to have a tough time against the Vikes - that, and he's not very good - and Bush is a late GTD.

For your flex I like Evans more. With Roscoe on IR for the Bills, Evan will be counted on even more today.

I'm still surprised no one has asked about Manning or Rivers in my league. Oh well, nice choice to have.

I think I will take Rivers this week, given Denver's defense hasn't been too solid against the pass. In my other league, I am actually considering starting McCoy over McNabb and Flacco.

bread's done
Back