Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" thread, Version 2.0

[quote name='ZForce915']I'm taking over a team in a keeper league, 2 of my 3 keepers are Matt Forte and Calvin Johnson, I have narrowed down the other options to:
QB Jay Cutler
TE Brent Celek
TE Visanthe Shiancoe
K Stephen Gostkowski
DEF Philadelphia

Thoughts? The whole roster looked like this:
QB Jay Cutler
QB Mark Sanchez
RB Tashard Choice
RB Matt Forte
RB Willis McGahee
WR Santonio Holmes
WR Calvin Johnson
WR Johnny Knox
WR Sidney Rice
TE Brent Celek
TE Visanthe Shiancoe
K John Carney
K Stephen Gostkowski
DEF Denver
DEF Philadelphia[/QUOTE]

a kicker for your keeper? really?

out of your players id say rice or choice, to a lesser extent knox, sanchez and celek (TBD based on this year). there is zero reason to pick a DEF or K as your keeper.

[quote name='Kilraven']Personally, I hate owning any back from NE or Washington. The only time you know who's getting the start (or most carries) is when the other half dozen on the team is hurt.[/QUOTE] Fixed then big +1.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']a kicker for your keeper? really?

out of your players id say rice or choice, to a lesser extent knox, sanchez and celek (TBD based on this year). there is zero reason to pick a DEF or K as your keeper.[/QUOTE]

It sounds stupid, but Rice is out for the first half of the season and Choice is garbage in my opinion. I looked into the league and there is a need for a lot of pass catchers (RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/WT) so I might grab celek. Sanchez could be a good backup.

But in the scheme of things Number #1 K vs #10 K isn't going to win a league and I know that.

[quote name='ZForce915']It sounds stupid, but Rice is out for the first half of the season and Choice is garbage in my opinion. I looked into the league and there is a need for a lot of pass catchers (RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/WT) so I might grab celek. Sanchez could be a good backup.

But in the scheme of things Number #1 K vs #10 K isn't going to win a league and I know that.[/QUOTE]

sure, rice is hurt right now, but its a keeper league and your choices are slim.

I know this has kind of been discussed before, but what the hell am I supposed to do with Sidney Rice (non-keeper league)? I can't put him on IR yet, and I already drafted Vincent Jackson with the knowledge that I wouldn't be able to use him for 3-6 weeks. Right now my other WRs are Mike Sims-Walker, Pierre Garcon, Austin Collie, and I picked up Nate Burleson when I heard about Rice. I'm thinking that there's not much left for me to do except wait and see if anyone on the waiver wire gets off to a strong start, but I'm starting to question my decision to keep Jackson and Rice.

[quote name='IvanHood']I know this has kind of been discussed before, but what the hell am I supposed to do with Sidney Rice (non-keeper league)? I can't put him on IR yet, and I already drafted Vincent Jackson with the knowledge that I wouldn't be able to use him for 3-6 weeks. Right now my other WRs are Mike Sims-Walker, Pierre Garcon, Austin Collie, and I picked up Nate Burleson when I heard about Rice. I'm thinking that there's not much left for me to do except wait and see if anyone on the waiver wire gets off to a strong start, but I'm starting to question my decision to keep Jackson and Rice.[/QUOTE]

theres a good chance rice will be back before jackson, so its tough to say which to keep for the second half of the season. hopefully you'll be able to put rice on the IR before the season starts, and there probably wont be much movement on the wavier wire until after the season starts. best bet is to wait until after week 1 or 2 for someone to bust out (which always happens) or you might want to try and work a trade with garcon or collie since they are both on the colts. try training one of them (preferably collie) with a spare RB or other position for a better WR.

[quote name='Kilraven']Personally, I hate owning any back from NE, Denver, or Washington. The only time you know who's getting the start (or most carries) is when the other half dozen on the team is hurt.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='klwillis45']Fixed then big +1.[/QUOTE]

Double Fixed. +2!

(Good point on Washington, forgot they picked up LJ and No Longer Fast Willie)

[quote name='IvanHood']I know this has kind of been discussed before, but what the hell am I supposed to do with Sidney Rice (non-keeper league)? I can't put him on IR yet, and I already drafted Vincent Jackson with the knowledge that I wouldn't be able to use him for 3-6 weeks. Right now my other WRs are Mike Sims-Walker, Pierre Garcon, Austin Collie, and I picked up Nate Burleson when I heard about Rice. I'm thinking that there's not much left for me to do except wait and see if anyone on the waiver wire gets off to a strong start, but I'm starting to question my decision to keep Jackson and Rice.[/QUOTE]

VJax is tough. You've got a player that may very well sit out the entire season, or he may sign or get traded and be back in 6 weeks. If he plays you've got a stud receiver, even if he's traded to Seattle (as an example). I'd atleast hang onto him until week 1 - see how the contract talks are going.

Rice, on the other hand, I'd have dropped by now. It's not that he can't play football for atleast 8 weeks, it's that he can't even think about practicing or doing anything on that hip for 8 weeks. Even if he does recoup in 8 weeks, there will still be a a week or two getting into shape and more than likely eased into the line-up a few weeks after that.

[quote name='Kilraven']VJax is tough. You've got a player that may very well sit out the entire season, or he may sign or get traded and be back in 6 weeks. If he plays you've got a stud receiver, even if he's traded to Seattle (as an example). I'd atleast hang onto him until week 1 - see how the contract talks are going.

Rice, on the other hand, I'd have dropped by now. It's not that he can't play football for atleast 8 weeks, it's that he can't even think about practicing or doing anything on that hip for 8 weeks. Even if he does recoup in 8 weeks, there will still be a a week or two getting into shape and more than likely eased into the line-up a few weeks after that.[/QUOTE]Completely agree with all of this. I would drop Rice immediately. Even when he comes back, he won't be last year's version of Sidney Rice. Not worth holding up a roster spot all season waiting for him to get back up to speed.

I'm going to stay far away from VJax in my draft this Saturday. I know he could pay big dividends and be a great value pick at some point this season, especially for owners able to grab him in later rounds, but I don't want the anxiety of wondering what his status will be.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Definitely gives me some things to think about. My point of comfort is that my starting RBs are Frank Gore and Steven Jackson, so hopefully neither of them gets injured.

I am going to be in three leagues this year, my one running league from the last 7 years and 2 new ones with some crazy point rules.

Now, in recent years I've grown accustomed to having a middle-end pick and I've had great success. Now I find myself actually loathing having #1 pick. Last time I had that was when LT was the man and broke down after two record setting years. I'm just about certain it will be Chris Johnson, even though I fell in love with Ray Rice last year after stealing him at 6th round. (Quick side note for ZForce - keep Celek, he had great rapport in the few games last year with Kolb, he was my 11th round sleeper).

So, my wrap around pick will be #24. I'm hoping Ryan Grant would be hanging around, but I'm guessing not. I would expect Roddy White, maybe Brandon Marshall....I don't know. I really don't like a lot of the guys ranked overall around that number. Some good steals in the middle rounds to be had I think.....anyone else get into this predicament?

[quote name='Danimal']Completely agree with all of this. I would drop Rice immediately. Even when he comes back, he won't be last year's version of Sidney Rice. Not worth holding up a roster spot all season waiting for him to get back up to speed.

I'm going to stay far away from VJax in my draft this Saturday. I know he could pay big dividends and be a great value pick at some point this season, especially for owners able to grab him in later rounds, but I don't want the anxiety of wondering what his status will be.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IvanHood']Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Definitely gives me some things to think about. My point of comfort is that my starting RBs are Frank Gore and Steven Jackson, so hopefully neither of them gets injured.[/QUOTE]

if you have an IR spot i would use it for rice until someone more crucial gets hurt (knock on wood), sometimes it takes a few days for a player to show IR eligible. if you dont have an IR spot then i agree with the drop.

VJax is still going WAY too high from what ive seen, theres no guarantee the guy will even play this year, definitely stay away unless something changes in the next couple days.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']I am going to be in three leagues this year, my one running league from the last 7 years and 2 new ones with some crazy point rules.

Now, in recent years I've grown accustomed to having a middle-end pick and I've had great success. Now I find myself actually loathing having #1 pick. Last time I had that was when LT was the man and broke down after two record setting years. I'm just about certain it will be Chris Johnson, even though I fell in love with Ray Rice last year after stealing him at 6th round. (Quick side note for ZForce - keep Celek, he had great rapport in the few games last year with Kolb, he was my 11th round sleeper).

So, my wrap around pick will be #24. I'm hoping Ryan Grant would be hanging around, but I'm guessing not. I would expect Roddy White, maybe Brandon Marshall....I don't know. I really don't like a lot of the guys ranked overall around that number. Some good steals in the middle rounds to be had I think.....anyone else get into this predicament?[/QUOTE]

grant almost certainly wont be around, but theres an outside chance. in my 2 drafts so far players around there include miles austin, greg jennings, desean jackson, marques colston, jamaal charles, cedric benson... id go with the best WR you can grab at that spot for sure, then take your pick of a RB, WR or top QB.

I'm mock drafting now and finding a huge drop off in WR quality past that point. I think I have to go WR-WR. There are RB's to be stolen later and QB's

Wound up with the following roster after letting Yahoo's autodraft do the work since I was stuck actually at work.

QB Aaron Rodgers
WR Reggie Wayne
WR TJ Houshsomethingorother
WR Mike Wallace
RB LeSean McCoy
RB Jonathan Stewart
TE Dallas Clark
DEF New York Jets
K Nate Kaeding

BN Michael Bush - RB
BN Vince Young - QB
BN Lee Evans - WR
BN Eddie Royal - WR
BN John Kasay - K
BN Marcades Lewis - TE

Trade help needed asap. Background before the trade, my draft was before the Rice injury news so he was one of my starting WR. My next best option after Moss is Meachem.

I get Steve Smith (Panthers), Best, Carlson and I give up Witten, Felix Jones, Breaston.

Thoughts?

[quote name='DomLando']Trade help needed asap. Background before the trade, my draft was before the Rice injury news so he was one of my starting WR. My next best option after Moss is Meachem.

I get Steve Smith (Panthers), Best, Carlson and I give up Witten, Felix Jones, Breaston.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I hate it. Essentially downgrading TE (albeit one that is due for a season-crushing injury) and evening everything else out. Best will split carries (in some form) with K Smith, just like Jones and Barber - though, FJ is injury prone. While Breaston and Smith-south both have questionable QB situations. I do like Smith-south's a lot better, but I feel Breaston has a higher upside as #2 than Smith-south as #only one.

My draft is tomorrow afternoon, and as I mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm picking 9th (out of 12). The more I think about it, the more I realize there's no way that either of the guys I really want, Michael Turner or Andre Johnson, will still be there for me.

So.... realistically, I'm probably looking at making a choice between Steven Jackson and Rashard Mendenhall for my first pick. I'll probably go for a WR in the 2nd round (16th overall), I'm thinking Miles Austin or Roddy White (assuming they're both still there) Any opinions on those options: Jackson vs. Mendenhall and/or Austin vs. White?

[quote name='Danimal']My draft is tomorrow afternoon, and as I mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm picking 9th (out of 12). The more I think about it, the more I realize there's no way that either of the guys I really want, Michael Turner or Andre Johnson, will still be there for me.

So.... realistically, I'm probably looking at making a choice between Steven Jackson and Rashard Mendenhall for my first pick. I'll probably go for a WR in the 2nd round (16th overall), I'm thinking Miles Austin or Roddy White (assuming they're both still there) Any opinions on those options: Jackson vs. Mendenhall and/or Austin vs. White?[/QUOTE]

honestly, between jackson and mendenhall, flip a coin. jackson will likely have a more dominant role in a weak rams offense, but by the end of the year they will probably have averaged a comparable amount of points.

for the WRs id say go with Austin of the two. white was very hit or miss for me last year and youre crossing your fingers that matt ryan is out of his sophomore slump. austin on the other hand is on a high powered offense and is the top WR with one of the top QBs. even though theres a lot of weapons on the cowboys my bet is he will be more consistent and better by the end of the year.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards Austin myself. I picked him up as a free agent last year, and obviously he was huge for me. I've actually got him ranked 2nd at WR on my own personal cheat-sheet, with White 3rd (I think Moss is going too high this year) I just have a feeling about Ryan and the Falcons this year that makes me think White is going to be a monster. Austin is probably the safer pick, though.

I agree about Jackson-Mendenhall, too. I'm a Steelers fan, and I always have a little hesitance about picking Steelers, wondering if it's a head pick or a heart pick. I think that one will depend on my mood, or maybe whatever other feedback the question gets here.

SJax and White.

Austin is going too high in the draft for what he did last year. Remember, after doing 400+ yds in his two break out games, he quickly came back down to earth - same time Williams started picking it up. However, I do concede he did me right in the playoffs. Nonetheless, I don't think he's going to put up the magic numbers he did the last half. The 'boys look as if they're taking a piece from the Saint's book - give Romo as many targets as he can throw to. While that might not mean Williams as much as Witten, Bryant, and Jones. With White, you atleast know what you're going to get. He's been consistent the past two years.

As for SJax, I like what I seen out of Bradford. That should equal to a better run game than many anticipated, and he'll get decent passes to him. Rashad is close behind, but the Steelers passing game this year has some uncertainity (besides Ben gone for 6).

From last year's thread....
[quote name='Danimal']Note to self- next season, listen to Kilraven's advice. If I'd set my lineup this way, it would have been smooth sailing to the championship. Instead, I went with MJD and Benson, and Minnesota, and I lost by 20. :wall: Never thought the Vikings D would get pushed around like that.[/QUOTE]

From yesterday....
[quote name='Kilraven']SJax and White.

Austin is going too high in the draft for what he did last year. Remember, after doing 400+ yds in his two break out games, he quickly came back down to earth - same time Williams started picking it up. However, I do concede he did me right in the playoffs. Nonetheless, I don't think he's going to put up the magic numbers he did the last half. The 'boys look as if they're taking a piece from the Saint's book - give Romo as many targets as he can throw to. While that might not mean Williams as much as Witten, Bryant, and Jones. With White, you atleast know what you're going to get. He's been consistent the past two years.

As for SJax, I like what I seen out of Bradford. That should equal to a better run game than many anticipated, and he'll get decent passes to him. Rashad is close behind, but the Steelers passing game this year has some uncertainity (besides Ben gone for 6).[/QUOTE]
:whistle2:k Now the only question is: Am I smart enough to listen to my own good advice about taking good advice?

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']im assuming its calvin johnson, not chris johnson[/QUOTE]Good point. I think I've overstudied leading up to my draft today; my head is swimming with so many names I somehow forgot all about Calvin. #-o

All right Dan, I won't back pedal now - I'm not sure I'd trust Calvin as an elite WR this year... yet. Last year he was injured so much he was dropped in one of my leagues in week 8. Yes, of course I picked him up; however, he was nothing more than a situational receiver for two games (if memory serves me right, it could've been only one). So is it going to be a repeat of 08 or 09? Not sure if I'd chance a 2nd pick on that question.

I've been playing more and more with mock drafts. It's hard since the other people in the room all have their own varying strategies. This was one I did this morning and was happy with:
(#1 overall pick, wrap-around style)

1. Chris Johnson (Ten - RB)
2. Marques Colston (NO - WR)
3. DeSean Jackson (Phi - WR)
4. Jason Witten (Dal - TE)
5. Joseph Addai (Ind - RB)
6. Joe Flacco (Bal - QB)
7. Matt Forte (Chi - RB)
8. Carson Palmer (Cin - QB)
9. Kenny Britt (Ten - WR)
10. New Orleans (NO - DEF)
11. Anthony Gonzalez (Ind - WR)
12. Greg Olsen (Chi - TE)
13. Sebastian Janikowski (Oak - K)
14. Montario Hardesty (Cle - RB)
15. Dexter McCluster (KC - WR,RB)

So far, my strategy has been Chris Johnson at #1 obviously, and then when I hit picks 24-25 I have been going WR-WR. I do this because the top RB's that are left are usually Benson, Pierre Thomas, Jamaal Charles, Jonathan Stewart. I feel like the WR quality drops off after the early to mid 30 overall picks and I don't come up until 48-49. So in this place I can usually get a combination of Boldin, Jennings, Colston, Desean Jackson.

Long wait until my next picks and I'm forced to decide between my second RB, my starting QB and TE. I was happy to accept Addai at this spot, and snatched up Witten. Other times in this spot I've reached on Forte, Foster, Forsett (whom I still like) or picked up Rivers. Favre is usually hanging around here, but I think Flacco is a sleeper.

Generally, I'm all over the board after this. Sometimes I can get Flacco in 6-7 or even 8-9. Forsett has dropped down draft boards. I've been snatching up guys like Greg Olsen, Donnie Avery and Jabar Gaffney in the late rounds.

What do you guys think of this strategy?

Well, don't bother picking up Avery now. ;)

That's a solid draft. Britt and A.Gonzalez are medium risks with very high rewards. Drafted Britt, too, but dumped him after he showed up out of shape and struggling to get the #3 slot.

I think it's a solid strategy. I not a begin fan of getting the 1-2 slot myself, though. Too much fear of getting that stud RB and watching him get that nightmare injury. I like the mid-range - pick up RB (Benson, SJax, etc.), snag a top QB (Rodgers, Manning, Brady, etc.), then snag that WR1. If I can't get that WR1, then I get the top possession receiver I can - think Ward or Welker. I figure after that, I'm going to upgrade later in the season via trades or waiver wire.

[quote name='Kilraven']All right Dan, I won't back pedal now - I'm not sure I'd trust Calvin as an elite WR this year... yet. Last year he was injured so much he was dropped in one of my leagues in week 8. Yes, of course I picked him up; however, he was nothing more than a situational receiver for two games (if memory serves me right, it could've been only one). So is it going to be a repeat of 08 or 09? Not sure if I'd chance a 2nd pick on that question.[/QUOTE]
No, I wasn't looking at Calvin, I just mixed him up with Chris Johnson on another post. I was stuck between Austin and White for my 2nd pick, but in the end, I went RB-RB. Austin ended up going R2-10 (23rd) and White went R3-1 (25th). Here's how my draft went:

R1- (9) Steven Jackson (RB)
R2- (16) Rashard Mendenhall (RB)
R3- (33) Marques Colston (WR)
R4- (40) Philip Rivers (QB)
R5- (57) Hakeem Nicks (WR)
R6- (64) Mike Wallace (WR)
R7- (81) Arian Foster (RB)
R8- (88) Zach Miller (OAK-TE)
R9- (105) Chad Henne (QB)
R10- (112) Miami DST
R11- (129) Clinton Portis (RB)
R12- (136) Jabar Gaffney (WR)
R13- (153) San Diego DST
R14- (160) Dan Carpenter (K)
R15- (177) Devin Thomas (WR)
R16- (184) Tashard Choice (RB)

I like some parts of my team, and am less crazy about others. I got on the wrong side of panic runs on QBs, TEs, and DSTs, so I picked a bit lower than I wanted to on each of those. I also had guys I was targeting, like C.J. Spiller, Malcolm Floyd, and the San Fran DST all go one pick ahead of me, so that was frustrating. Overall, I'm OK with it.

well, i have a well known reputation in my main league as the guy that trades. i have 2-3 trades every year while most teams have 0-1. i just did my first trade of the season, and actually this is the first time ive ever done a trade before the season started.

I sent Pierre Thomas and Pierre Garcon and in return got Matt Forte and Dwayne Bowe.

im really counting on forte coming back to his rookie form, and like what ive seen from him this pre season. bowe and garcon both would have been on the bench for me as 3rd/4th receivers, so not a big deal there. and im not sold on thomas with the saints RBBC.

i actually just proposed a trade Dwayne Bowe for Reggie Bush (i know i know, just said i dont trust the saints RBBC). but i need another back up RB and and Bush has value as a kick returner and would only start on bye weeks or if someone got injured. my RBs right now are Gore, Forte, Foster (HOU), and i have Westbrook as a handcuff.

A lot of risk, but a very high reward if Martz is sincere in getting Forte back into the game. Personally, I'm not seeing you take too great a hit at RB giving up the Cruiser, since you have Gore and Foster. Hell, just keep an eye on Ivory - looks to be Bell's replacement in that committee.

Addendum: My current deep RB sleeper is Kareem Huggins for Tampa. The kid came out of no where and has essentially kicked Ward to the 3rd back - also know as "About to be cut" - while earning the #2 back. When Caddy gets hurt - not a question of if - he may not give the starting role back.

[quote name='Kilraven']A lot of risk, but a very high reward if Martz is sincere in getting Forte back into the game. Personally, I'm not seeing you take too great a hit at RB giving up the Cruiser, since you have Gore and Foster. Hell, just keep an eye on Ivory - looks to be Bell's replacement in that committee.[/QUOTE]

yeah, im trusting Martz a lot here. but if worst comes to worse i can start Steve Smith (NYG) as my flex instead of Forte and it wouldn't be a disaster. My WR now are Jennings (GB), Floyd (SD), Smith and Bowe (KC). If Vincent Jackson makes a decision and comes back in a few weeks it could hurt me, but im counting on a long hold out.

Had my annual draft party yesterday and got to show off my new championship ring to the other saps. YES we play for a real Jostens fantasy championship ring, plus cash... Keeper league so 24 guys are off the board at draft start (8 each qb,rb,wr). You have to carry this exact amount at each position and limited to 3 drop/adds after week one so draft is everything. I had the 6th pick out of 8 since we do reverse regular season draft order of previous year.

TQB Falcons TQB (keeper)

I tried to snatch up Forte before the draft but the guy was hanging on tight since he was his keeper. I'm also looking for a nice year from him...

Same clown from my post above then decided to trade him and his last pick for 7th&8th round picks in the above draft (johnny knox and Cotchery).... I was floored as was everyone else.... He was stoked on the idea of back to back picks 2 rounds in a row...

[quote name='$hady']Had my annual draft party yesterday and got to show off my new championship ring to the other saps. YES we play for a real Jostens fantasy championship ring, plus cash... Keeper league so 24 guys are off the board at draft start (8 each qb,rb,wr). You have to carry this exact amount at each position and limited to 3 drop/adds after week one so draft is everything. I had the 6th pick out of 8 since we do reverse regular season draft order of previous year.

TQB Falcons TQB (keeper)

I had my draft this past weekend for my 14 team IDP league and ended up with a pretty good squad overall, but am definitely a bit weak at running back. I have two starting spots for these 4 backs: Jonathan Stewart, Knowshon Moreno, LT, and Ricky Williams.

I have Aaron Rodgers, 3 top Wrs, a strong IDP squad, Jets D, and pretty good back-ups.

With my less than stellar choices at running back would anyone suggest picking up one of these guys off the wire (would dump Laurent Robinson) to shore up my choices: Larry Johnson, Leon Washington, Kevin Smith, or Marshawn Lynch. There are a few other guys, but those 4 are probably the best of what's left.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']might want to look into a trade because your running game is hurting, big time.[/QUOTE]Was going to suggest this, too. If you have 3 top WRs and decent backups, it might be worth it to see if you can upgrade at RB by trading one of your WRs.

Well, I finished my first live draft of the year. One more to go and an auto draft. I'm really unhappy about the draft. Turns out NFL.com randomized the draft order when the room started and I went from pick 1 to pick 10. Also, made the announcement during the draft that TE is now WR/TE and so drafting a TE is not necessary. Everyone else was fine with the changes. I'm pissed. But I did the draft anyway and here is my team.

10. Michael Turner - RB
15. Ryan Grant - RB
34. Marques Colston - WR
39. Dallas Clark - TE
58. Joe Flacco - QB
63. Percy Harvin - WR
82. Pierre Garcon - WR
87. Clinton Portis - RB
106. Derrick Mason - WR
111. Michael Bush - RB
130. Dallas Cowboys - D
135. Kyle Orton - QB
154. Rob Bironas - K
159. Mike Williams - WR

I'm betting a lot on Flacco having a breakout year. They went out and got receivers, they have Ray Rice and a strong D. I was also happy to get Mike Williams in the last round. Garcon felt good there, and hoping for a strong year from Portis.

I'm really unhappy with Percy Harvin as my #2 WR. Michael Bush is also a gamble, but it was the 10th round, so fuck it. Suggestions?

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Well, I finished my first live draft of the year. One more to go and an auto draft. I'm really unhappy about the draft. Turns out NFL.com randomized the draft order when the room started and I went from pick 1 to pick 10. Also, made the announcement during the draft that TE is now WR/TE and so drafting a TE is not necessary. Everyone else was fine with the changes. I'm pissed. But I did the draft anyway and here is my team.

10. Michael Turner - RB
15. Ryan Grant - RB
34. Marques Colston - WR
39. Dallas Clark - TE
58. Joe Flacco - QB
63. Percy Harvin - WR
82. Pierre Garcon - WR
87. Clinton Portis - RB
106. Derrick Mason - WR
111. Michael Bush - RB
130. Dallas Cowboys - D
135. Kyle Orton - QB
154. Rob Bironas - K
159. Mike Williams - WR

I'm betting a lot on Flacco having a breakout year. They went out and got receivers, they have Ray Rice and a strong D. I was also happy to get Mike Williams in the last round. Garcon felt good there, and hoping for a strong year from Portis.

I'm really unhappy with Percy Harvin as my #2 WR. Michael Bush is also a gamble, but it was the 10th round, so fuck it. Suggestions?[/QUOTE]

If it's a WR/TE setup, then Dallas Clark is your #2 WR (almost #1), not Harvin. That's not too shabby. Turner and Grant give you a good RB base, and you have some decent depth plays at WR and RB. The #1 pick can be a mixed blessing, especially since a lot of your points are riding on that one guy not getting injured.

thats what i was going to say. as far as having an optional TE you have one of, if not the, best (fantasy) TE in the league. harvin is looking more and more likely to be playing from week 1, so its not as scary as it was a week or so ago.

just curious why were so pissed about the changes? were these changes the commish made? or were they changes that you just didnt notice until draft day. in the end i think you did great, turner fell to #10, thats amazing.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']thats what i was going to say. as far as having an optional TE you have one of, if not the, best (fantasy) TE in the league. harvin is looking more and more likely to be playing from week 1, so its not as scary as it was a week or so ago.

just curious why were so pissed about the changes? were these changes the commish made? or were they changes that you just didnt notice until draft day. in the end i think you did great, turner fell to #10, thats amazing.[/QUOTE]

Thank you guys for the feedback. I was upset since I had live mock drafted 3 times with my spot, so I had a general idea of what I felt depth and best available would be. All the changes literally happened in the draft room (t-minus 15 minutes to start). So my draft spot changed and the commish changed the spot to TE/WR.

I think the area I'm most lacking in (besides QB if Flacco doesn't have the big year) is RB depth. Bush and Portis are still question marks somewhat. Of course, I get to play the commish week 1 and his team is scary. He's also a sports-writer, so I was expecting him to draft well.

On the flip side, some people didn't draft well. Donnie Avery went in the 11th, Ben Tate in the 7th. One guy drafted Vincent Jackson in the 5th and Sidney Rice in the 6th. I was fortunate to get Turner for sure, and that's because Brees, Rodgers and Manning all went before my pick.

I agree with Ram and Bard, you've got a solid team overall. The only two concerns I'd have is Dallas' D and who's available in case (not likely though) Flacco flops. Other than that, you've got a very safe team with some high upside.

Just finished my draft. I ended up with the #1 pick, which puts me on an-injury-will-give-me-a-heart-attack status. But I'm pretty happy with my team for now. It's a 10-team PPR.

QB Tony Romo
RB Chris Johnson
RB Arian Foster
WR Miles Austin
WR Steve Smith (Car)
TE Tony Gonzalez
FLEX Jonathan Stewart
DEF Baltimore
K Lawrence Tynes

BN Malcom Floyd
BN Ahmad Bradshaw
BN Fred Jackson