Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" thread, Version 2.0

[quote name='Kilraven']Nice, though I wouldn't be surprised if Stewart thrown out of the flex spot for Floyd.[/QUOTE]

Stewart just happened to be who Yahoo plugged in there during the draft. I'm sure the times I play Stewart will be the times I should have played Floyd and vice versa :lol:

So freaking pumped. Tonight is my favorite, yearly, keeper league auction draft. We have a salary of $100, and my 3 keepers from the year before only cost me $7 total. Here's my roster as of now.

Mark Sanchez - $4
Tim Hightower - $2
Bengals Defense - $1

Sanchez is a great price if he's a starter, about $2 more than I'd like if he's my backup. Hightower is a good deal at the price because he's not going to be my number 1 or 2 guy, but he's still a viable option at RB and at that price. The Bengals D I kept because they were terribly underrated last year, and I feel like they'll do pretty well this year, so a good D for $1 is fine with me.

FYI, the only reason I ACTUALLY kept the Bengals D is because this year my contract to keep A.P. expired, so he's basically the top guy on the board tonight. C.J., MJD, and Ray Rice are all kept (2 of them for OUTSTANDING prices).

Does anyone else here do auction drafts? To me, it's easily the most fun way to draft.

Flex spot, PPR league. I currently have Cadillac vs CLE. Other options are:

Sims-Walker vs DEN
Hines Ward vs ATL
Eddie Royal @ JAC
Massaquoi @ TB

Anybody got a compelling reason for me to switch?

Other starters are: Rivers, Gore, Forte, Bowe, Floyd, Finley, Niners, Josh Brown

[quote name='klwillis45']Flex spot, PPR league. I currently have Cadillac vs CLE. Other options are:

Sims-Walker vs DEN
Hines Ward vs ATL
Eddie Royal @ JAC
Massaquoi @ TB

Other starters are: Rivers, Gore, Forte, Bowe, Floyd, Finley, Niners, Josh Brown[/QUOTE]

My only compelling reason is that Cadillac burned me with his injuries after his breakout year and I never looked back. I don't think his starting position is bullet-proof. But you play the matchups and I always love seeing my guys go against the Browns. The only other play I might consider is Sims-Walker, but the matchup is more of an unknown in my opinion. Denver was hot defensively to start and then fizzled.

Originally, I was going to argue that you shouldn't play Caddy because it's TB. Then I realized that I'm holding onto Mike Williams of TB because he's getting all this preseason hype. Looking at free agency, I can see Owen Daniels just sitting out there. I keep dreaming of his monster numbers pre-injury last year. Do I hold onto the risky rookie in a young offense or the recovering TE?

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']

Originally, I was going to argue that you shouldn't play Caddy because it's TB. Then I realized that I'm holding onto Mike Williams of TB because he's getting all this preseason hype. Looking at free agency, I can see Owen Daniels just sitting out there. I keep dreaming of his monster numbers pre-injury last year. Do I hold onto the risky rookie in a young offense or the recovering TE?[/QUOTE]

Who is your other TE? I'd pick up Daniels in a heartbeat if he was available in my league and that's with Witten as my TE, (Cooley is a backup and would be dropped).

[quote name='klwillis45']Flex spot, PPR league. I currently have Cadillac vs CLE. Other options are:

Sims-Walker vs DEN
Hines Ward vs ATL
Eddie Royal @ JAC
Massaquoi @ TB

Other starters are: Rivers, Gore, Forte, Bowe, Floyd, Finley, Niners, Josh Brown[/QUOTE]

I'd say keep Cadillac in it for now. Sims-Walker is a big question mark right now, he had an up and down year last season. Ward doesn't have a decent QB, Royal hasn't stepped up yet and Massaquoi is on the Browns.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka'] The only other play I might consider is Sims-Walker, but the matchup is more of an unknown in my opinion. Denver was hot defensively to start and then fizzled. [/QUOTE] I considered that but the Jags other WRs stink & S-W is likely to get Champ Bailey stuck on him all day.

Yeah, I'd keep Caddy in there for now. The part of Weeks 1 & 2 in the NFL that I really love/hate are the surprises. Some teams come out and stink (see: Titans first half of last year) and others suddenly excel. It would be fun to see TB throw up a bunch of points at least.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']Who is your other TE? I'd pick up Daniels in a heartbeat if he was available in my league and that's with Witten as my TE, (Cooley is a backup and would be dropped).
[/QUOTE]

I have Dallas Clark as my only TE. That spot is a flex WR/TE position so I don't need to start a TE at all. Right now Clark has the spot, but I have Pierre Garcon on standby to take the start. Williams was my deep round gamble, and I was hoping to sell him high. Right now, he's the only guy I would drop for Daniels. I thought about M.Bush, but I'm hoping to sell him if he plays with this busted up thumb.

ah ok, i forgot about the WR/TE thing you guys did. in that case theres not much of a point in picking up daniels when you already have clark.

if bush is available i think he is a pretty safe bet. the thumb might set him back a few weeks, but he should still produce. everyone thinks this is his breakout year.

I'm suddenly torn. In the draft I'm having on Saturday I planned to take MJD but now I'm not certain if that is the route I want to go (I hate risking injury with my first pick).

Chris Johnson and Ray Rice are not available and Peterson is going to go with the first pick. That leaves me with #2 and I thought the obvious pick of MJD. I have 3 options

1) Just take him
2) I have proposed a trade to drop to #5 in the 1st round in exchange for his 2nd round pick for my 3rd. That would give me 3 picks in the first 2 rounds and this is a real possibility
3) Pick someone else. The likely suspects are Gore, Steven Jackson or Turner, one of them should be left.

Thoughts?

Myself, I'd take MJD. Turner missed significant time last year. Jackson's only had one full season due to various injuries. For Gore, not sure if he's ever had a full 16 game season or not, but at #2, it feels a bit high.

I actually draft at the #5 spot myself Saturday and while I doubt MJD will fall to me, I REALLY hope somebody takes Turner as I don't think I want him.

[quote name='ZForce915']I'm suddenly torn. In the draft I'm having on Saturday I planned to take MJD but now I'm not certain if that is the route I want to go (I hate risking injury with my first pick).

Chris Johnson and Ray Rice are not available and Peterson is going to go with the first pick. That leaves me with #2 and I thought the obvious pick of MJD. I have 3 options

1) Just take him
2) I have proposed a trade to drop to #5 in the 1st round in exchange for his 2nd round pick for my 3rd. That would give me 3 picks in the first 2 rounds and this is a real possibility
3) Pick someone else. The likely suspects are Gore, Steven Jackson or Turner, one of them should be left.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Let me put it this way: If you don't draft MJD in that scenario, whoever drafts after you will snag him and run out of the room laughing maniacally. Any player drafted anywhere can get injured at any time. MJD's injury is not as serious as reports were making it out to be. Jacksonville is being cautious, and no one likes a situation when a knee is in question, but it sounds like he'll be there week 1, so are you willing to pass that up?

Realistically, your options are take him, or take that trade. Flip a quarter and roll with it.

Hey guys, I made a CAG league on fleaflicker...A few people joined but I would like all spots filled as soon as possible. Draft is Monday Night. Look at my recent posts and you can see the thread. Rules and scoring will be explained there.

Here is my auction draft results. I went fairly youth heavy, but since it's a keeper league, if a lot of these pan out I've got a lot to choose from next year. I do feel like I overpaid for Turner, but even at 15, I feel like Mathews was a steal. I would definitely say my receiving corp is the weakest part of my team. Format is player followed by salary (out of 100).

Mark Sanchez - 4
Matt Ryan - 9
Tim Hightower - 2
Michael Turner - 29
Ryan Mathews - 15
Cadillac Williams - 4
Dez Bryant - 12
James Jones - 2
Malcolm Floyd - 3
Brian Hartline - 1
Jermichael Finley - 4
Robert Meachem - 6
Rob Bironas - 2
Nick Folk - 2
Bengals - 1
Philadelphia - 4

Had a mock draft this morning to shake off the rust to prepare for the weekend. Think I have a pretty solid team all around. Should note I drafted 5 out of 10 teams.

QB - Matt Schaub (4)
RB - Maurice Jones-Drew (1)
RB - Rashard Mendanhall (2)
RB/WR - Javhid Best (6)
WR - Miles Austin (3)
WR - Dwayne Bowe (5)
TE - Owen Daniels (8)
DEF - Steelers (14)
K - Neil Rackers (16)
B - Hakeem Nicks (7)
B - Kevin Kolb (9)
B - Malcom Floyd (10)
B - Cadillac Williams (11)
B - Kellen Winslow (12)
B - Carson Palmer (13)
B - Sidney Rice (15)

A few notes. I had no intention of drafting Palmer, but being there at 13, I think that's a steal considering he now has Ocho and TO.

For kicker, being a mock draft, I just picked whoever and didn't care. However, I do believe Rackers will beat our Brown for the job whenever it gets announced.

As for WR, I love how I pulled that off. I'm a believer in Bowe so like him in round 5 to rebound. Malcom Floyd may not have Vincent Jackson and Nicks is a nice up and comer. As for Rice, I didn't expect him to still be there late in the draft (although half the room was autopicking by this point), so was happy there. Sure he'll only play half the season, but when he plays he should be golden.

Really, I think my only weakness is maybe at RB and TE. TE because of injuries, RB because of depth (backups being a Lion Rookie and guy on the downside of his career).

This is my current team:

QB1 - Jay Cutler
QB2 - Joe Flacco (trade)
RB1 - Stephen Jackson (trade)
RB2 - Ryan Matthews
WR1 - Larry Fitzgerald
WR2 - Steve Smith (NYG)
WR3 - Dwayne Bowe
TE - Brent Celek
WR/RB - Deangelo Williams
K - Garrett Hartley
D/ST - Baltimore Ravens (trade)
D/ST - NY Giants

B - Johnny Knox (waivers)
B - Jacoby Jones (waivers)
B - Cadillac Williams
B - Chester Taylor
B - Matt Cassel (waivers)
B - Sam Bradford (waivers)
B - Legedu Naanee (waivers)

My league held their draft in early August so I've had alot of time to change my team. BTW, when I picked up Knox off of waivers I made the mistake of dropping Arian Foster. Of course, the Friday after, Ben Tate got hurt and Slaton fumbled the ball. : /

Any thoughts on my team?

[quote name='JStryke']
QB - Matt Schaub (4)
RB - Maurice Jones-Drew (1)
RB - Rashard Mendanhall (2)
RB/WR - Javhid Best (6)
WR - Miles Austin (3)
WR - Dwayne Bowe (5)
TE - Owen Daniels (8)
DEF - Steelers (14)
K - Neil Rackers (16)
B - Hakeem Nicks (7)
B - Kevin Kolb (9)
B - Malcom Floyd (10)
B - Cadillac Williams (11)
B - Kellen Winslow (12)
B - Carson Palmer (13)
B - Sidney Rice (15)

As for WR, I love how I pulled that off. I'm a believer in Bowe so like him in round 5 to rebound. Malcom Floyd may not have Vincent Jackson and Nicks is a nice up and comer. As for Rice, I didn't expect him to still be there late in the draft (although half the room was autopicking by this point), so was happy there. Sure he'll only play half the season, but when he plays he should be golden.

Really, I think my only weakness is maybe at RB and TE. TE because of injuries, RB because of depth (backups being a Lion Rookie and guy on the downside of his career).[/QUOTE]

I'd replace Winslow for a Cooley or Greshem (sp?) if they're low enough in the draft. Finley would be a steal no matter what. Also, forget about Rice, I think too many people are banking on a mid season return - don't waste a steal on a maybe. If anything, I'd snag a VJax low seeing how he might get traded to Seattle. Your backs are fine at this point, however, keep an eye on the waivers for any surprises.

[quote name='emg28']This is my current team:

QB1 - Jay Cutler
QB2 - Joe Flacco (trade)
RB1 - Stephen Jackson (trade)
RB2 - Ryan Matthews
WR1 - Larry Fitzgerald
WR2 - Steve Smith (NYG)
WR3 - Dwayne Bowe
TE - Brent Celek
WR/RB - Deangelo Williams
K - Garrett Hartley
D/ST - Baltimore Ravens (trade)
D/ST - NY Giants

B - Johnny Knox (waivers)
B - Jacoby Jones (waivers)
B - Cadillac Williams
B - Chester Taylor
B - Matt Cassel (waivers)
B - Sam Bradford (waivers)
B - Legedu Naanee (waivers)

My league held their draft in early August so I've had alot of time to change my team. BTW, when I picked up Knox off of waivers I made the mistake of dropping Arian Foster. Of course, the Friday after, Ben Tate got hurt and Slaton fumbled the ball. : /

Any thoughts on my team?[/QUOTE]

Dump Naanee for Crayton, he'll do far better for San Diego. Keep Bradford instead of Cassel, you'll get a feel for a second temp towards week 8 and you'll keep a bench spot open for the time being. Also, grab Sproles if you can, too many overestimate how many carries Mathews will get this year.

I think VJax was long gone by that point (autopick team might've taken him?). The draft was more so just to get a feel for where people may or may not go, but you did answer my question on Rice at least. And yeah, you might be right. Very possible he'll be available on the waiver wire (especially in the league I'm drafting for real tomorrow). For Winslow, I'm not a fan either, but as the Bucks #1 go to man (AFAIK), he could be a decent pick.

But this is why we do mock drafts. :razz:

[quote name='ZForce915']I'm suddenly torn. In the draft I'm having on Saturday I planned to take MJD but now I'm not certain if that is the route I want to go (I hate risking injury with my first pick).

1) Just take him
3) Pick someone else. The likely suspects are Gore, Steven Jackson or Turner, one of them should be left.[/QUOTE]

Draft MJD and ride the horse, I assume this is a keeper league since you say CJ and Rice are gone and AP #1. You got your keeper set at RB and your worried about injuries but Turner AND Gore and Jackson have missed time in the last season. Oh yea and Jackson sucks as he'll ride your bench if you have a decent squad. I've had him as a keeper and in another league last year and left him on my bench alot he's all hype no show. Let someone else overpay...

I've always wanted to try an auction but none of my leagues are ever open to change and I can't convert anyone to try. Maybe i'll do a free one just for shits and giggles.

Had my money draft this morning. I don't think I did too bad, although I'm weak at QB.

QB - Joe Flacco
RB - Michael Turner
RB - Cedric Benson
WR - Reggie Wayne
WR - Percy Harvin
TE - Antonio Gates
K - Garret Hartley
DEF - Baltimore

B - Matthew Stafford
B - Arian Foster
B - Ricky Williams
B - Malcom Floyd
B - Mohammed Massaquoi
B - Johnny Knox

Personally, I love my bench, a bit risky, sure, but if it pans out, it'll be very nice. The only thing as mentioned was my QB spot. While Flacco will be a very good QB this year I believe, I hate where I picked him (4th round). The thing was, I knew QBs would go earlier than then they normally do, but I didn't think they'd go as high as they did. Romo and Rivers for example went beginning of the 3rd round iirc.

I forgot about one of my drafts yesterday and this is what I got:

QB - Jay Cutler
WR - Miles Austin
WR - Mike Sims-Walker
WR - TJ Houshmandzadeh
RB - Maurice Jones-Drew
RB - Ryan Grant
K - Garrett Hartley
D - Baltimore

Bench

QB - Donovan McNabb
WR - Mohamed Massaqoui
WR - Jerricho Cotchery
WR - Golden Tate
RB - Ricky Williams
RB - Fred Jackson

Overall, not bad however I have one major concern.

TJ Houshmandzadeh was cut by the Seahawks yesterday, so who do you guys think he will play for this year?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='evildeadjedi']Overall, not bad however I have one major concern.

TJ Houshmandzadeh was cut by the Seahawks yesterday, so who do you guys think he will play for this year?[/QUOTE]

Where ever he goes he'll be in a better situation. He's owed 7 million in guaranteed money so there's no pressure on him. There are several teams interested in him but Minnesota is the one most mentioned. I hope he does sign with the Vikings since I drafted him yesterday in my second league.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I forgot about one of my drafts yesterday and this is what I got:

QB - Jay Cutler
WR - Miles Austin
WR - Mike Sims-Walker
WR - TJ Houshmandzadeh
RB - Maurice Jones-Drew
RB - Ryan Grant
K - Garrett Hartley
D - Baltimore

Bench

QB - Donovan McNabb
WR - Mohamed Massaqoui
WR - Jerricho Cotchery
WR - Golden Tate
RB - Ricky Williams
RB - Fred Jackson

Overall, not bad however I have one major concern.

TJ Houshmandzadeh was cut by the Seahawks yesterday, so who do you guys think he will play for this year?[/QUOTE]

Hold on to Housh until you find out where he's going. It can't be much worse than Seattle, so as long as he lands a team, he should be ok.

By the way, you can probably dump Golden Tate. He's looked lost aside from hauling in one big play in the preseason. There are a lot of other WRs you should be able to get with better upside who will actually be starters (Mike Williams (TB or SEA), Laurent Robinson, Legadu Naanee/Patrick Crayton (see how that falls out in SD), Jabar Gaffney, etc). Tate will just burn a hole on your bench.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Hold on to Housh until you find out where he's going. It can't be much worse than Seattle, so as long as he lands a team, he should be ok.

By the way, you can probably dump Golden Tate. He's looked lost aside from hauling in one big play in the preseason. There are a lot of other WRs you should be able to get with better upside who will actually be starters (Mike Williams (TB or SEA), Laurent Robinson, Legadu Naanee/Patrick Crayton (see how that falls out in SD), Jabar Gaffney, etc). Tate will just burn a hole on your bench.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. Here's hoping he signs with the Rams though. He'll just muddle up the Vike's line even more if he goes there. For the Rams, he'll do wonders for the rest of their core and, most notably, SJax.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I forgot about one of my drafts yesterday and this is what I got:

QB - Jay Cutler
[/QUOTE]

I feel better about my QB situation all of a sudden. :razz:

Funny how we seem to have VERY similar teams though.

[quote name='chimpster1313']

Does anyone else here do auction drafts? To me, it's easily the most fun way to draft.[/QUOTE]

I also prefer auction drafts. It gives everyone equal chance to get each player. In my auction league, I blew half my salary cap for Adrian Peterson and MJD but I think it was worth it.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Hold on to Housh until you find out where he's going. It can't be much worse than Seattle, so as long as he lands a team, he should be ok.

By the way, you can probably dump Golden Tate. He's looked lost aside from hauling in one big play in the preseason. There are a lot of other WRs you should be able to get with better upside who will actually be starters (Mike Williams (TB or SEA), Laurent Robinson, Legadu Naanee/Patrick Crayton (see how that falls out in SD), Jabar Gaffney, etc). Tate will just burn a hole on your bench.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking I picked up Tate as my last player on the board just as a shot in the dark. I'll have to see who's available on waivers.

I'd grab any Spoony listed over Tate, Gafney topping that list. Or maybe TJ or VJ are out there? I've snatched up VJ late late in my last online draft he still goes hella high in live "magazine" drafts lol.

----

Had my last draft of the year today, biggest $ league i'm in and won it last year.

6pts per TD pass same as all other TD's... 8th pick out of 10.

QB- Drew Brees
RB- Frank Gore
RB- DeAngelo Williams
WR- Greg Jennings
WR- Steve Smith - NY
W/T- Percy Harvin
W/R- Joseph Addai
K- Robbie Gould
D- Cowboys

Bench
Big Ben

Felix Jones
Darren McFadden
Darren Sproles

Hines Ward
Vincent Jackson

---------

EDIT: and ESPN just reporting TJ Houz just signed a 1 year deal with the Ravens. Nice fit there and Flacco has alot of weapons: RayRay, Boldin, Mason, Heap, TJ, Clayton...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='$hady']EDIT: and ESPN just reporting TJ Houz just signed a 1 year deal with the Ravens. Nice fit there and Flacco has alot of weapons: RayRay, Boldin, Mason, Heap, TJ, Clayton...[/QUOTE]

Beat me to it.

That's a decent team. You must be playing with some dumb managers if you managed to get 3 top 10 players starting with the 8th pick.

[quote name='$hady']I'd grab any Spoony listed over Tate, Gafney topping that list. Or maybe TJ or VJ are out there? I've snatched up VJ late late in my last online draft he still goes hella high in live "magazine" drafts lol.

----

Had my last draft of the year today, biggest $ league i'm in and won it last year.

6pts per TD pass same as all other TD's... 8th pick out of 10.

QB- Drew Brees
RB- Frank Gore
RB- DeAngelo Williams
WR- Greg Jennings
WR- Steve Smith - NY
W/T- Percy Harvin
W/R- Joseph Addai
K- Robbie Gould
D- Cowboys

Bench
Big Ben

Felix Jones
Darren McFadden
Darren Sproles

Hines Ward
Vincent Jackson

---------

EDIT: and ESPN just reporting TJ Houz just signed a 1 year deal with the Ravens. Nice fit there and Flacco has alot of weapons: RayRay, Boldin, Mason, Heap, TJ, Clayton...[/QUOTE]

Benson went 7th overall ahead of Gore.. Grabbed Brees as 2nd qb off the board in 2nd since we get 6 per passing td which started a qb run.. Then same guy who took Benson took CJ Spiller directly ahead of Williams..... LOL he's one of those I want MY guys and I don't care where kinda guys plus he's an idiot he drafted 5 Bengals and Larry Johnson who he prolly doesn't know left.

Hell even Arian Foster went in 3rd round 6 spots ahead of D-Will, I guess everyone is afraid of split carries but then Barber goes way ahead of Jones who I like more... 7 QBs off the board in 2/3rd round lol everyone followed our lead...

[quote name='$hady']Benson went 7th overall ahead of Gore.. Grabbed Brees as 2nd qb off the board in 2nd since we get 6 per passing td which started a qb run.. Then same guy who took Benson took CJ Spiller directly ahead of Williams..... LOL he's one of those I want MY guys and I don't care where kinda guys plus he's an idiot he drafted 5 Bengals and Larry Johnson who he prolly doesn't know left.

Hell even Arian Foster went in 3rd round 6 spots ahead of D-Will, I guess everyone is afraid of split carries but then Barber goes way ahead of Jones who I like more... 7 QBs off the board in 2/3rd round lol everyone followed our lead...[/QUOTE]

I had one of those guys in a old league of mine who traded me LTD for Rudi Johnson because he said he had too many Chargers. It was 2006 the year LTD set several records. :lol:

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I had one of those guys in a old league of mine who traded me LTD for Rudi Johnson because he said he had too many Chargers. It was 2006 the year LTD set several records. :lol:[/QUOTE]

LOL you beautiful bastard!

man, im struggling between starting palmer and kolb.

i have palmer as my starting QB, i think hes a good sleeper and the NE secondary isnt as good as the GB secondary. but at the same time, i feel like i have to justify taking kolb so high in the draft even though he had a shaky preseason.

week 1 line up...

Team: Worf's Grundle

QB: C. Palmer
WR: G. Jennings
WR: M. Floyd
RB: F. Gore
RB: M. Forte
TE: J. Witten
W/R: A: Foster
K: D. Buehler
DEF: NYG
D: K. Morrison
D: K. Dansby
DB: Y. Bell
DL: J. Allen

Bench
QB: K. Kolb
WR: S. Smith (NY)
TE: C. Cooley
RB: B. Westbrook
WR: D. Bowe
DL: O. Umenyiora
DB: O. Atogwe

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']man, im struggling between starting palmer and kolb.

i have palmer as my starting QB, i think hes a good sleeper and the NE secondary isnt as good as the GB secondary. but at the same time, i feel like i have to justify taking kolb so high in the draft even though he had a shaky preseason.[/QUOTE]

This week? How many points do you think the Eagles will have to score to keep up with Green Bay? My guess is they'll be throwing the ball a few times. It's actually a tough call because New England's D isn't as tough, but I would roll with Kolb since it will probably be a high scoring affair.

Team defense and IDP's? You have weird league.

I too would stick with Kolb but I also agree than Palmer is a sleeper QB.

So I'm in talks right now with a guy in an attempt to get a RB since my RB situation is a bit weak. I have Mathews / Gore starting, but also have Portis and then Anthony Dixon / Larry Johnson as handcuffs. (The later RBs flew off the board and never had a chance to grab one for the most part).

The offer is to trade away Sidney Rice for any one of his backups. Felix Jones, Tomlinson, Fred Taylor, or Tim Hightower. Of those, I'm leaning Jones. LT / Hightower are backups, and Taylor being in New England isn't that attractive. Trading away Rice isn't a concern as I also have Car Smith, Hakeem Nicks, Malcom Floyd, Vincent Jackson (for later in the season), and Steve Breaston. Plus he's a Viking, so that only helps as far as me trading him away is concerned (I don't like them).

Who to start at WR... Santana Moss, Devin Hester, Mike Williams (TB, and Seattle)

Pick 1.

Im thinkin Hester as hes up against lions defense.

[quote name='Steggy']Who to start at WR... Santana Moss, Devin Hester, Mike Williams (TB, and Seattle)

Pick 1.

Im thinkin Hester as hes up against lions defense.[/QUOTE]

You're forgetting that it's still Devin Hester. Realistically, I wouldn't want to see Hester in my starting lineup at any time. I would start either Mike Williams out of that group. Flip a quarter as to which one. TB Williams has been my pet pick all preseason, but SEA's version has apparently impressed the team. Both are decent sleepers for the season. Moss would be #3 on my list, with Hester 4th. That said, this isn't the most inspiring group to pick from. Can you dump Hester and get someone like Jabar Gaffney (JAX gave up 2nd most WR points last year)?

I lied, got my two leagues confused...

Need to pick 3 WRs out of:

Larry Fitzgerald
Donald Driver,
Santana Moss
Golden Tate
Joshua Cribbs
Devin Hester

[quote name='dopa345']Team defense and IDP's? You have weird league.

I too would stick with Kolb but I also agree than Palmer is a sleeper QB.[/QUOTE]

yeah i know, when we first introduced IDPs everyone wanted to keep the team defenses too. so, just kind of happened that way.

[quote name='Steggy']I lied, got my two leagues confused...

Larry Fitzgerald
Donald Driver,
Santana Moss
Golden Tate
Joshua Cribbs
Devin Hester[/QUOTE]

Fitz, Driver, and um, see who's available in free agency. Moss if you have to.

How deep is your league? Tate, Hester, and Cribbs aren't really worth much. Unless you're in a deep league, you should be able to get better guys at WR.

I have 3 leagues so I have a few questions....

1) How do you guys feel about starting Percy Harvin?

2) I have a WR/TE flex position and have the following players available...
Chris Chambers
Jermaine Gresham
Kevin Walter
What would you recommend? The FA pool is looking pretty thin.

3)I have to start 2 of the following 5....
Hakeem Nicks
Malcom Floyd
Derrick Mason
Patrick Crayton
Roy E. Williams
Thinking Nicks and Floyd but just want some opinions.

4) Kolb or Derek Anderson? Sounds ridiculous at first, I know, but D. A. is playing St. Louis this week and Kolb goes up against Green Bay.

Thanks!

[quote name='Steggy']Also having a tough time deciding on RB whether to start Pierre Thomas or Ricky Williams[/QUOTE]
Thomas is the clear starter, even though he's going against Minnesota. Ricky is a very up and down player with ronnie brown starting. I'd roll with Thomas.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I have 3 leagues so I have a few questions....

1) How do you guys feel about starting Percy Harvin?

2) I have a WR/TE flex position and have the following players available...
Chris Chambers
Jermaine Gresham
Kevin Walter
What would you recommend? The FA pool is looking pretty thin.

3)I have to start 2 of the following 5....
Hakeem Nicks
Malcom Floyd
Derrick Mason
Patrick Crayton
Roy E. Williams
Thinking Nicks and Floyd but just want some opinions.

4) Kolb or Derek Anderson? Sounds ridiculous at first, I know, but D. A. is playing St. Louis this week and Kolb goes up against Green Bay.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

1. As long as Harvin isn't your #1 wr, you should be ok starting him. He's a decent start, but I'd want a true top guy next to him in my lineup.

2. Of those options, I think gresham or Walter is the pick, but in both cases we need to see how the targets are distributed. For this week, we know more about Walter than Gresham.

3. Floyd and nicks would be my call too. Mason could slip in instead of nicks, but I like nicks' upside better.

4. If Anderson is going to have a good week, it's going to be this week. However, as I mentioned earlier, I think Kolb will be throwing a lot in the GB game. I feel safer with Kolb until I see a big game from Anderson.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Thomas is the clear starter, even though he's going against Minnesota. Ricky is a very up and down player with ronnie brown starting. I'd roll with Thomas.

1. As long as Harvin isn't your #1 wr, you should be ok starting him. He's a decent start, but I'd want a true top guy next to him in my lineup.

2. Of those options, I think gresham or Walter is the pick, but in both cases we need to see how the targets are distributed. For this week, we know more about Walter than Gresham.

3. Floyd and nicks would be my call too. Mason could slip in instead of nicks, but I like nicks' upside better.

4. If Anderson is going to have a good week, it's going to be this week. However, as I mentioned earlier, I think Kolb will be throwing a lot in the GB game. I feel safer with Kolb until I see a big game from Anderson.[/QUOTE]

First, thanks for the thorough and timely response.

1) Yeah I am starting him aside Larry Fitz. The migraines thing has me a little worried but week 1 is always tough for me to decide who to start anyway.

2) Gonna go with Walter I think. I could see Gresham getting a lot of receptions but we just won't know yet.

3) Glad to see you agree. Mason may get the spot eventually, but with the signing of Housmanzadeh (sp?) we don't really know yet how that will affect his role with the team.

4) Still kinda unsure of this one but gonna go with Kolb. I have Desean Jackson on the same team (not a homer choice, I swear, D-Jac I got early and then waited for a while to draft a QB so I ended up with Kolb). I do with Anderson is gonna have a big week though and end up biting me in the ass.

Thanks so much again, would like input from anyone else too. Great thread!

[quote name='Steggy']I lied, got my two leagues confused...

Larry Fitzgerald
Donald Driver,
Santana Moss
Golden Tate
Joshua Cribbs
Devin Hester[/QUOTE]

I personally would go Fitz, Driver, Hester... hoping that Hester has come along as a WR. Like someone else mentioned, I would look for someone else through FA, though.

[quote name='Steggy']Also having a tough time deciding on RB whether to start Pierre Thomas or Ricky Williams[/QUOTE]

Definitely Pierre Thomas.

Who should I start? It's a PPR league and I have 2 WR and a Flex spot open.

Dwayne Bowe vs Chargers
S. Smith (NYG) vs Panthers
Johnny Knox vs Lions
Deangelo Williams @ Giants

bread's done
Back