Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" thread, Version 2.0

Dan, Nicks is forgivable - especially with Smith-north and Manningham along side him - but Foster? Foster! Foster! Foster!

I don't think I've told any not to play Foster.

Kilraven, would you have started him over either Steven Jackson or Rashard Mendenhall? I briefly considered sitting Mendenhall in favor of Foster, figuring he'd see a lot of 8 man fronts with Dixon at QB, but those two were my first and second round picks in the draft; I just couldn't bring myself to not start one of them in Week 1.

Yes, and I did. However, I kept in SJax in one and benched DeAnglo instead (wise choice ). However, I would've benched Mendy (all OT TD aside, that's hindsight); moreso, with reports of Redman getting short yardage gain and Dixon starting.

Foster is going to be a beast this year - think '08 Slaton with a slightly improved O-line and no competition for the job.

edit: The more I think about it. I'd trade up receivers if you're not owning two elites - take the hit on a bye week, but tear up the playoffs.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Think I am going 0-3 in my 3 leagues this week.[/QUOTE]

I'm the opposite, likely going 4-0. :D

*sigh*

It's going to be a long year in my money league I fear. I knew I hated drafting 5th this year. Owned Turner last year, own him again this year? Why?

Started Harvin over Massaquoi (although who wouldn't have), have Garret Hartley, and had Foster on my bench (all on the same team). I only have 2 spots with no flex, so started Turner and Benson. I figure, week 1, I can't bench my "studs". Plus, Houston was playing Indy, so I expected Houston to air the ball out a good bit, and being a rookie (I think?) I didn't think to expect much from Foster. So much for that idea. At least next week, I'll bench Benson (ravens) if I don't forget and Start Foster (though he's playing the skins).

This just in. Benson goes for 250 yards and 3 TDs. How much of a bastard he would be if he did that.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']Better handcuff?

Westbrook or Dixon?

I have Westbrook right now, but the "buzz" seems to be in Dixon's favor.[/QUOTE]

I'd go Dixon myself. Iirc, he led all RBs in yardage in the preseason (although this was probably against 3rd / 4th stringers). I actually drafted him in my one did league after Westbrook was gone (since I own Gore). Singletary seemed high on him from something I red last week and so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some playing time at some point even without a Gore injury.

On a funny side note. I'm winning my one ESPN matchup by a landslide. My opponent's team name? West Virginia Virgin Slayers. The Slayers are being slain, that's for sure.

Go figure....another member of the didn't start Foster club in my keeper league.... No flex so I started Chris Johnson obviously and went with Ryan Mathews over Foster and Mendenhall. I'm still in the running with 2 guys monday and him with none left BUT Foster was 29 points and nearly half my opponents total.. Add that to Desean Jax and Harvin getting 1 point total and Favre laying a 5 point egg. I made alot of mistakes I knew I shoulda went Eli (14pts) at least all my receivers sucked except Wayne so no second guessing.

Anyone else gonna try to dump him while value is at an all time high? I'd like to upgrade at QB since it's a keeper league and my best is Eli and the guy who has Romo/Schaub is weak at RB. Romo being the apple of my eye.. Or i'm also weak at WR after draft went nuts.

My other money league i'm winning but he will win after Rice and Rivers tonight and of course he started Foster........

Last edited by a moderator:
thank god I started Ocho, he scored me 39.90 points. Right now the score between me and the other team is 104.68 to 109.02. I have Derrick Mason left and he has Antonio Gates left. My only hope is Mason kills it tonight and Gates lays an egg lol.

Now that the Dallas game is ended, I feel a little better about not starting Foster. Still got raped in that league, but my other two leagues, I'm winning. The one should be a win seeing how I have Floyd / Mathews and he has Gates (plus I'm up be a few as is). The other I more than doubled my opponent.

And in both leagues, not sure how this happened, but my week 1 opponent is my father. :razz: This is payback for him whooping me in baseball I guess.

oh i started Foster for sure. im crushing my opponent this week.

not only that, but my Forte worked out quite nicely for this week. if he can keep this up it will be the best trade of the season.

luckily, i went with Palmer over Kolb for my QB spot, but i dont know what to do with Kolb, im ready to hit the panic button.

[quote name='$hady']Anyone else gonna try to dump him while value is at an all time high?.[/QUOTE]

I'm currently trying to do just that in one of my leagues. I made the ridiculous trade offer of Foster for CJ2K just to see what the guy would do.

I would hold on to Foster, he's not going to be putting up 200 yards and 3 tds each week, but the kid is going to be a stud this year.

I'm going to throw out a few trade offers for Gore. Since all the guys in are from Norther California I'm hoping to get some homers to take the bait. I love the 49ers too, but having Gore and watching the games is just making me that much more stressed out.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']I would hold on to Foster, he's not going to be putting up 200 yards and 3 tds each week, but the kid is going to be a stud this year.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I know that. That said though, I'd definitely rather have CJ and there's no better time than now to make that asinine trade offer. I either get rejected or I get the best running back in the league.

[quote name='Kilraven']I love me some Foster, but yes, it would be hard to refuse any CJ - or AP for that matter - trade.[/QUOTE]

Darn, and here I am sitting with Chris Johnson and Arian Foster already. No trades for me :D

Screwed up in my draft (round 5) when I took Jonathan Stewart over Foster. Oh well, its early. My team did nothing. Steven Jackson, Frank Gore, Brandon Marshall, Calvin Johnson, et al. Put in Jerome Harrison over Stewart, which essentially did nothing. I need Rivers to throw 8 TD's and San Diego's defense to pitch a shutout with 2 pick sixes.

My team currently

QB Philip Rivers
QB Eli Manning
RB Frank Gore
RB Steven Jackson
RB Jonathan Stewart
RB Jerome Harrison
WR Brandon Marshall
WR Calvin Johnson
WR Robert Meachum
WR Dexter McCluster (final pick just a friend asked me to take him)
WR Santonio Holmes (14th Round)
TE Chris Cooley
TE Zack Miller

This week was ugly

league #1

QB - Aaron Rodgers
WR - Wes Welker
WR - Jeremy Maclin
WR - Bernard Berrian
WR - James Jones
WR - Jacoby Jones
RB - Arian Foster
RB - DeAngelo Williams
RB - Jamaal Charles
RB - Jonathan Stewart
RB - Jerome Harrison
RB - Kareem Huggins
TE - Chris Cooley
K - Jay Feely
D - NYG

league #2

QB - Tom Brady
QB - Brett Favre
WR - Hakeem Nicks
WR - Greg Jennings
WR - Santana Moss
WR - Benard Berrin
WR - Jabar Gaffney
WR - Mark Clayton
WR - Mike Thomas
RB - MJD
RB - Ronnie Brown
RB - Thomas Jones
RB - CJ Spiller
TE - Brent Celek
TE - Jermaine Gresham
K - David Akers
D - NYG

league #3
QB - Matt Schaub
WR - Andre Johnson
WR - Santana Moss
WR - Donald Driver
WR - Bernard Berrian
WR - Jabar Gaffney
WR - Jacoby Jones
RB - SJax
RB - Foster
RB - CJ Spiller
RB - LT
RB - Jerome Harrison
TE - Finley
TE - Owen Daniels
K - None, and I'm still winning by 25!
D - NYG

league #4

QB - Jay Cutler
WR - DeSean Jackson
WR - Malcom Floyd
WR - Benard Berrian
WR - Jabar Gaffney
RB - Foster
RB - Sjax
RB - CJ Spiller
RB - Ryan Matthews
RB - Kareem Huggins
TE - Jermaine Gresham
TE - Owen Daniels
K - Succop
D - Pit

Yes, I rode the Spiller Train; however, I still believe he will be a beast later this season. Berrian hasn't panned out thus far, but Foster has. Also holding out for the ubiquitous Caddy injury for Huggins to get his shot. Fretting Gaffney now that Royal looks to actually get used this year - fuck you McDaniels for regulating him to returns last year.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']I would hold on to Foster, he's not going to be putting up 200 yards and 3 tds each week, but the kid is going to be a stud this year.

I'm going to throw out a few trade offers for Gore. Since all the guys in are from Norther California I'm hoping to get some homers to take the bait. I love the 49ers too, but having Gore and watching the games is just making me that much more stressed out.[/QUOTE]

Damn thank Sucks. Doesn't help when Gore is wide open in the end zone and Smith over-throws him.

I look at Foster this way. Yes he's a stud, but Matt Shaub is normally going to throw for more than 107 yards and Andre Johnson is going to catch more than 3 balls for 33 yards. Not too mention he isn't going to get 30+ carries every game.

Oh, thanks for the reminder. I was going to put in for him this morning, but forgot. Not that I'll get him- moves aren't first come, first served in our league, they're done at the end of the week by reverse order of record & points. I'm 1-0 and scored the third highest in the league, so unless everyone else is asleep at the switch....

As one of those people who sat Arian Foster (in 2 leagues) and feeling burned, would you start him over Addai in 1 league and Ryan Mathews in 1 league?

EDIT: both are PPR.

[quote name='Mike23']As one of those people who sat Arian Foster (in 2 leagues) and feeling burned, would you start him over Addai in 1 league and Ryan Mathews in 1 league?

EDIT: both are PPR.[/QUOTE]

yes and yes, arian is not a fluke.

glad that i was able to grab jackson off waivers in the only league i have ryan grant.

Alright guys. My team seems to be a mess right now. And it doesn't help that my second pick just wrecked his ankle and is out for the year. So who should I play at...

QB: Drew Brees, Jay Cutler. The smart money would say I have a better chance with Brees, but I've always been a Cutler fan so I had high hopes for him this year. Especially with Mike Martz now helpin the offense. And it ended up that Cutler had a MUCH better game this week than Brees, and of course I went with the smart money...

WR x3: Marques Colston, Devin Hester, Percy Harvin, Chris Chambers, Brandon Lloyd. Colston's a lock. I'm leaning towards Chambers and Lloyd as the other two.

RB x2: Joseph Addai, Reggie Bush, Darren Sproles, might pick up Fred Taylor. Addai is the lock right now. Currently planning to start Sproles as the other

[quote name='Mike23']As one of those people who sat Arian Foster (in 2 leagues) and feeling burned, would you start him over Addai in 1 league and Ryan Mathews in 1 league?

EDIT: both are PPR.[/QUOTE]

I don't trust Addai, even though he hasn't shown it thus far, there is a reason Brown is still getting carries and considered the future back once Addai is done. I like Matthews more than I did - solid week one performance - but he's splitting with Sproles. So... Foster. Foster. Foster.

[quote name='Chronis']Alright guys. My team seems to be a mess right now. And it doesn't help that my second pick just wrecked his ankle and is out for the year. So who should I play at...

QB: Drew Brees, Jay Cutler. The smart money would say I have a better chance with Brees, but I've always been a Cutler fan so I had high hopes for him this year. Especially with Mike Martz now helpin the offense. And it ended up that Cutler had a MUCH better game this week than Brees, and of course I went with the smart money...

WR x3: Marques Colston, Devin Hester, Percy Harvin, Chris Chambers, Brandon Lloyd. Colston's a lock. I'm leaning towards Chambers and Lloyd as the other two.

RB x2: Joseph Addai, Reggie Bush, Darren Sproles, might pick up Fred Taylor. Addai is the lock right now. Currently planning to start Sproles as the other[/QUOTE]

I'd still go with Smart money. Brees has a better opportunity for TDs and little to no interceptions; however, Cutler may get slightly more yards, less TDs and could throw a dozen picks.

WR: Colston, Harvin, and pray for a Royal injury while placing Lloyd in the line-up. I'd also consider dropping Hester (and maybe Chambers if KC's O doesn't get it together) after Cutler's rant. If your QB is not happy with you, you don't get looks.

RB: Taylor is solid pick up now that Maroney is a Bronco. Snag and play him with Addai. Yes, playing Taylor is a risk, but that Jet's D is going to have more time spent on a pass attack. Not to mention, if the Pats are ahead in the second half, they will run, run, run.

I'm starting Arian Foster and Ahmad Bradshaw (hoping he has similar luck against Indy's shit run defense as Foster did). I've still got two flex spots and two receiver spots to fill though.

My starters for both positions is as follows:

Flex #1 - Anquan Boldin
Flex #2 - Mike Williams (TB)
WR #1 - Calvin Johnson
WR #2 - Mark Clayton

On my bench are the following:

Shonn Greene, Jonathan Stewart, Pierre Garcon, Michael Bush, Chester Taylor, Dez Bryant, Malcolm Floyd, and Johnny Knox.

Normally I wouldn't start both Clayton and Williams, but they have Oakland and Carolina respectively, so I'm a pretty big fan of their matchups. I'm thinking though that I swap out Williams for Floyd. Any thoughts?

I must be playing with a bunch of morons in my fantasy league. I drafted Foster in the 8th round. Made out like a bandit in week one. I'm sure the other guy was not too happy as he had the 2nd highest point total in the league but is 0-1.

[quote name='Kilraven']
I'd still go with Smart money. Brees has a better opportunity for TDs and little to no interceptions; however, Cutler may get slightly more yards, less TDs and could throw a dozen picks.

WR: Colston, Harvin, and pray for a Royal injury while placing Lloyd in the line-up. I'd also consider dropping Hester (and maybe Chambers if KC's O doesn't get it together) after Cutler's rant. If your QB is not happy with you, you don't get looks.

RB: Taylor is solid pick up now that Maroney is a Bronco. Snag and play him with Addai. Yes, playing Taylor is a risk, but that Jet's D is going to have more time spent on a pass attack. Not to mention, if the Pats are ahead in the second half, they will run, run, run.[/QUOTE]

I mostly agree with this except for Harvin. After watching game 1, Favre and him aren't on the same page. You could see Farve getting frustrated with him. I doubt he gets many looks going forward. Personally, I would go free agency looking as Hester will most likely not be a starter in a couple weeks and Lloyd probably wont have the same result as week 1 with all that talent at WR there.

Having drafted Rice and VJax, I'm in a bit of a precarious situation with my WRs. Austin Collie launched me to a win in week 1, but I'm not sure what to do in week two. This is a PPR league with three WR slots and a WR/TE flex slot. My #1 is Mike Sims-Walker. I wouldn't be too concerned if he at least had a few catches, but I'm scared of anybody who comes away with no points at all. My others are Pierre Garcon, Austin Collie (I like anybody who's a regular target for Peyton, so these two aren't going anywhere), Legedu Naanee, and Nate Washington. I also have Todd Heap available for the flex slot (have Vernon Davis as my TE starter).

Any thoughts? Particularly on Sims-Walker vs. Naanee vs. Washington.

[quote name='SEH']I'm starting Arian Foster and Ahmad Bradshaw (hoping he has similar luck against Indy's shit run defense as Foster did). I've still got two flex spots and two receiver spots to fill though.

My starters for both positions is as follows:

Flex #1 - Anquan Boldin
Flex #2 - Mike Williams (TB)
WR #1 - Calvin Johnson
WR #2 - Mark Clayton

On my bench are the following:

Shonn Greene, Jonathan Stewart, Pierre Garcon, Michael Bush, Chester Taylor, Dez Bryant, Malcolm Floyd, and Johnny Knox.

Normally I wouldn't start both Clayton and Williams, but they have Oakland and Carolina respectively, so I'm a pretty big fan of their matchups. I'm thinking though that I swap out Williams for Floyd. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Boldin should hold down that WR#1 slot. Even though he didn't get all the Revis coverage that Jets defense is still crazy good. I'd think about benching C.Johnson. Stafford is out and Philly is a good blitzing defense. Clayton is not a certainty yet IMO. Bradfrd threw the ball over 50 times so his numbers were inflated.

I like Floyd at home after a MNF loss. The weather impacted that game and the Chargers will be eager to make a statement. Pierre Garcon is my low-end flex choice, he had a bad first week but he's still playing with Peyton. Your other flex spot (if it's WR/RB) is fairly open. Greene would have been a no-brainer, but now may split carries 50/50. Stewart got limited touches. Dez Bryant was overshadowed, but still caught 8 passes last week. M.Williams is a possible play, but I think he won't have a big day.

[quote name='IvanHood']Any thoughts? Particularly on Sims-Walker vs. Naanee vs. Washington.[/QUOTE]

I personally like Naanee. Rivers is a much better QB, it's a home game, and they are coming off an embarrassing divisional loss. They have to make a statement in this game if they are going to be a serious contender for the division.

OK, now I need help! I just lost Grant in both my NFL.com leagues. I got Jackson in one, trying to make a trade in the other for him. But if this trade takes awhile, I need a starter. My bench RB was Forsett, who is currently in timeshare hell for some stupid reason. Peyton Hillis is available on FA. Should I drop Forsett to get Hillis or will Seattle wise up and figure out that Forsett should be their guy?

I cant decide on who to my #3 WR should be this week. PPR league, 10 rec yards = 1 point, and td = 6. Also return yards are counted.

heres what i got:

WR1 Roddy White
WR2 Marques Colston

Bench
Santana Moss (Was) @ Houston
Michael Crabtree (SF) vs. New Orleans
Jabar Gaffney (Den) vs. Seattle
Mark Clayton (STL) @ Oakland

I also have a W/R flex spot and was leaning at putting Felix Jones in but i cant decide if i should use on of my bench receivers instead. Help/advice would be much appreicated.

[quote name='IvanHood']Having drafted Rice and VJax, I'm in a bit of a precarious situation with my WRs. Austin Collie launched me to a win in week 1, but I'm not sure what to do in week two. This is a PPR league with three WR slots and a WR/TE flex slot. My #1 is Mike Sims-Walker. I wouldn't be too concerned if he at least had a few catches, but I'm scared of anybody who comes away with no points at all. My others are Pierre Garcon, Austin Collie (I like anybody who's a regular target for Peyton, so these two aren't going anywhere), Legedu Naanee, and Nate Washington. I also have Todd Heap available for the flex slot (have Vernon Davis as my TE starter).

Any thoughts? Particularly on Sims-Walker vs. Naanee vs. Washington.[/QUOTE]

i have malcom floyd and i picked up naanee off waivers after week 1 and im starting him this week. most people (myself included) thought floyd would be the #1 with vjax out, but naanee has been the best performing receiver for the chargers since the preseason. sometimes you just gotta go with the hot hand.

I've got Floyd, Rivers, & Bowe. I'm hesitant to read anything into that game considering it was Week 1 & in terrible weather.

A lot of Clayton love, but remember he's possibly facing Asomugha. Awesome lines up only on the right side (I think), so if Clayton doesn't move around sides with Amendola, then he's getting shut down this week.

Tom Brady or Eli Manning?

My gut says Manning since Brady is playing the Jets, and going with my gut got me wins in all 3 of my fantasy leagues plus the top spot in my pick 'em league. But still, it is Tom Brady...

Either one, really. Revis - if he plays - will shut down Moss, but Brady still has Welker, Tate, a plethora of TEs, and Faulk to toss to. Eli, on the other hand is has a ton of weaps and facing a sad looking Colt's D. So, either one will put points up there.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Trying to decide between Shonn Greene and CJ Spiller to play alongside AP this weekend. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Oof, that's rough. Basically, New England doesn't have to worry about the Jets passing, so they can focus on the run. Spiller, meanwhile, is up against a pretty good Green Bay D, and may have to worry about Fred Jackson taking some of his carries back. Either way, they're both coming off shit games. I think the safer play is Shonn Greene simply because the Jets are overall more capable of running the ball than what's been shown.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Trying to decide between Shonn Greene and CJ Spiller to play alongside AP this weekend. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I'd start Greene. Even though he was miserable against the Ravens, at least he has shown in the past that he can play at a high level. The running situation in Buffalo is a mess, and I don't think Spiller's going to fare much better against Green Bay than he did last week.

[quote name='Kilraven']A lot of Clayton love, but remember he's possibly facing Asomugha. Awesome lines up only on the right side (I think), so if Clayton doesn't move around sides with Amendola, then he's getting shut down this week.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it has any effect on Bradford targeting him. What's crazy is he is still learning the St Louis offensive so plenty of upside.

My league starts 2 RBs and doesn't use a flex, so which of these guys should I sit this week?

Steven Jackson (@OAK)
Rashard Mendenhall (@TEN)
Arian Foster (@WAS)

I know Foster seems like a no-brainer start after last week, but I'm a little nervous about them scaling back his touches after a career-high 33 carries last week, plus Washington's run D is pretty solid. But I can't risk him having 2 monster weeks in a row on my bench, can I? :lol:

I'd start Foster and Jackson and bench Mendenhall. Yeah, Washington has a decent defense, but I really expect Foster to have another great week. As for Jackson, the Raiders have Nnamdi Asomugha who should stifle their passing game, which means they could wind up running it a lot more.

Maybe it is just me or I don't buy into Stephen Jackson. He only average 3.7 yards/carry last week compared to Mendenhall 5.5 yards/carry. Given that Mendenhall is the goal line back as well, I would start him instead of Jackson. Def ride Foster for as long as he produces; granted I doubt he pops anywhere close the amount of points he did week 1 going forward.

Mendenhall only averaged that because of his OT run which was like 50+ yards to win the game. Prior to that he didn't do a whole lot.

[quote name='SEH']Mendenhall only averaged that because of his OT run which was like 50+ yards to win the game. Prior to that he didn't do a whole lot.[/QUOTE]

This. Mendenhall was stuffed the whole game. Without that fluke run in overtime, Mendenhall's owners would be pissed. Remember that The Steelers' O-line is down a couple starters plus Dixon is starting, which makes the passing game a bit more conservative. It's tough running for Mendenhall. The Raiders don't have an intimidating D, and Jackson can get his points in a variety of ways. He rarely blows us away, but he's consistent.

I'm in a standard scoring Yahoo league but we give 1 point per reception. I need help deciding on which two RB to start.

LeSean McCoy @ Det
Ahmad Bradshaw @ Ind
Matt Forte @ Dal
Ronnie Brown @ Min

Right now I have McCoy and Bradshaw in because I think they have the better matchups. I'm debating on taking Bradshaw out and putting Forte in though...I know Indy has a terrible run defense and I would like to take advantage of that with Bradshaw. Forte might have another decent game too since he's likely get some catches.

What should I do?

I'd keep Bradshaw as he definitely has a favorable matchup this week (Indy's run D is pretty bad), and then swap out McCoy for Forte. If your league is PPR, Forte seems to be the best choice as not only will he run it, but he should catch some passes too after his good showing last week.

bread's done
Back