Fantasy Life

Haven't had much time lately to play.

Got Cooking to Expert and Adept in Fishing and woodcutter. Don't really like alchemist, but have been doing it anyway.

Da hell? I just started playing this game and it's fine. I just wish they gave us a pompadour like in Dragon Quest IX.  I've played 1:20 and I'm still a Tailor. Got a lot to do, but I will unlock the online component. Anybody going to make an Excel sheet like in Pokemon?

4527-9325-9865 is still my Friend Code. PM me if interested.

$9.90 for Cartridge locked content? GTFO.

Last edited by a moderator:
what i  dont like is the game is not really opened ended. Meaning you just cant go anywhere until you advance the main story. I did side missions and asking me to go where its not even opened up yet

You can gain levels rather easily if you have an automode in your Life. I'm already level 14 and I wasted most of it auto making carpets. Makes it easier to plow through the story.

I got lost a few times, went through the Waterfall cave when I should've gone the other way.

It really is. I was really getting into buying all new weapons and armor for my paladin life and then started the blacksmith life and found out I could create better versions of the same weapons and armor I was buying. Now, I must start the lumberjack life to get wood for my blacksmith life. And, I need to start hunter to get animal skins.

Yeah, this game will keep me occupied for a while.
Yes, but probably not as long as Bravely Default if you played it through to the end.

Something is holding me back from Bravely Default. I'm not that much into turn based rpgs any more. I like action rpgs where I can control my character at all times. Not from a menu. I guess my gaming tastes have changed because I loved The Final Fantasy series and Chrono Trigger.

Knowing Dead of Knight, their review will be "Overhashed, same plot you've seen in every other action RPG, bland characters, uninspired battle system.  Skip it."  Anyway, I'm planning to get Tales of Hearts soon, and skip out on my usual "wait til it gets cheap" thing, especially since it's a Gamestop  exclusive.

Knowing Dead of Knight, their review will be "Overhashed, same plot you've seen in every other action RPG, bland characters, uninspired battle system. Skip it." Anyway, I'm planning to get Tales of Hearts soon, and skip out on my usual "wait til it gets cheap" thing, especially since it's a Gamestop exclusive.
What system is it on again? Vita?

Knowing Dead of Knight, their review will be "Overhashed, same plot you've seen in every other action RPG, bland characters, uninspired battle system. Skip it." Anyway, I'm planning to get Tales of Hearts soon, and skip out on my usual "wait til it gets cheap" thing, especially since it's a Gamestop exclusive.
gamefly said its only a Gamestop exclusive for 2 weeks. Other places will sell it end of nov

Mastered paladin last night. First job I have mastered. Pretty close on blacksmith though. I think I am very close to the end of the story, but don't really care to finish it right now. Still some tough enemies to beat, so I need to keep leveling up. Still in the low 30s, so won't get the dlc until I can use it. Although, I would like to check out online. That requires dlc, right?

Pretty much. Though honestly I'm kind of enjoying playing through it even though it is very mediocre (overhashed, same plot you've seen in every other action RPG, bland characters, uninspired battle system). Maybe because I've been bedridden due to a virus all week and I can just cruise through it without thinking about it.

I'm still a newbie, but look through the options and pick a job you'd like. I chose a Tailor for instance, but some people want to simply hack n slash so they'll choose a knight. If you did play Dragon Quest IX, you should be fine.

Get all the gathering jobs first, for sure.

Paladin and Mercenary stats are better for chopping and mining, but melee is harder. I hit creator rank before chopping 500 trees and mining 500 nodes, so do chop/mine nodes you come across.

Mastered blacksmith and wood cutter last night. Got hero rank for paladin this morning, but when I looked at the new tasks for the next level, I find that everything listed will not give me enough to reach the next level. What gives? I need something like 7000 stars and adding up the ones listed will only give me 4000 ish. Hopefully, something opens up when I get closer.

Mastered blacksmith and wood cutter last night. Got hero rank for paladin this morning, but when I looked at the new tasks for the next level, I find that everything listed will not give me enough to reach the next level. What gives? I need something like 7000 stars and adding up the ones listed will only give me 4000 ish. Hopefully, something opens up when I get closer.
It won't. You're missing quests. Here's the quest givers:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/971712-fantasy-life/70273599

And for a few other pointers regarding other NPCs from guilds and challenges.

1) You can talk to them until their (?) above their head goes away. Basically until they repeat the same phrase as they have new ones for every rank you get in the job they are. If the (?) disappears and you rank up again, then it will reappear because they have another new dialogue to share with you.

2) To see how many you're missing, you can view that by going to your Life list in the menu and viewing challenges through there instead of the normal way. However you do not NEED to accept them UNLESS they are for items you can't currently make because those specific NPCs give you the recipes along with the challenge. Any kill or craft ones otherwise can be done by skipping unlocking it and just finding out what you need to kill or craft. Fantasy Life Wiki can help for this if you want to go that route.

3) The last challenge for a crafting jobs to go from Hero -> Legend is always hit level 15 in that jobs skill (Seems to always give 4000 as a reward). Grind away on the highest end items you can mass buy and then abuse auto. Auto gives less experience but lets you watch television or a movie while doing it.

Not all pertaining to the question, but yeah.

And for a few other pointers regarding other NPCs from guilds and challenges.

1) You can talk to them until their (?) above their head goes away. Basically until they repeat the same phrase as they have new ones for every rank you get in the job they are. If the (?) disappears and you rank up again, then it will reappear because they have another new dialogue to share with you.

2) To see how many you're missing, you can view that by going to your Life list in the menu and viewing challenges through there instead of the normal way. However you do not NEED to accept them UNLESS they are for items you can't currently make because those specific NPCs give you the recipes along with the challenge. Any kill or craft ones otherwise can be done by skipping unlocking it and just finding out what you need to kill or craft. Fantasy Life Wiki can help for this if you want to go that route.

3) The last challenge for a crafting jobs to go from Hero -> Legend is always hit level 15 in that jobs skill (Seems to always give 4000 as a reward). Grind away on the highest end items you can mass buy and then abuse auto. Auto gives less experience but lets you watch television or a movie while doing it.

Not all pertaining to the question, but yeah.
How do you use auto? It's in the menu, but there's no option for it.

How do you use auto? It's in the menu, but there's no option for it.
Once you unlock Auto (or Auto+) on the item, you start the craft and then hit Y (If I remember right) and say yes. This will automatically finish the item. You'll need to do this for every time you create an item or number of items (if it lets you craft multiple at once).

So it still requires some manual interaction, but it's pretty straight forward with little need to look at the screen. When crafting stacks of 10 on certain items it's best to try and hit the "Craft item again" button which makes it a little more annoying.

Took down the nap dragon for the first time last night. Also unlocked the last area....at least I think it is the last area. So ready to finish the story. Also ready to open the chest in king eric's chamber. I have mastered paladin, miner, blacksmith, and woodcutter, but it still won't let me open it. Do I have to finish the story first?

Took down the nap dragon for the first time last night. Also unlocked the last area....at least I think it is the last area. So ready to finish the story. Also ready to open the chest in king eric's chamber. I have mastered paladin, miner, blacksmith, and woodcutter, but it still won't let me open it. Do I have to finish the story first?
The last area has initials of T-N. And there's only one new area in the DLC, O-I.

I also can't open the chest in King Eric's chamber. I have no idea why. My fiancee could open hers. The difference was that she had mail from the King mentioning it, while I don't. So I wondered if it was a bug.

I got the mail from the King to open the chest.  It happened right after I reached Hero class with my Paladin IIRC.  I think reaching Hero class may be the trigger but can't 100% confirm.

I'm Creator rank in 4 classes, so I don't think that's it.

Edit: There's actually 4 chests. You need to have 3 specific lives mastered for each chest. I guess I just don't have the right combination for any of them.

I thought I had the right combination, but didn't get the letter. I finished the story and got legendary rank on paladin tonight. After the end credits, I got the letter saying I can open the chest. Although, Gladstone is supposed to give me the recipe so I can make what was in the chest. Didn't get that yet.

I really was not into the story, but I enjoyed the ending. Just shy of 40 hours into the game now and have maxed out paladin (EDIT: no, not yet. Need to get creator rank.). Still a bunch left to do though.

If anyone wants to play online, add my fc, please! I still haven't tried out the online play. Also bought the dlc, but am at level 49, so I need one more level up for that. I have two lives going on two different 3rd systems, so I should be able to play online with anyone. I wouldn't think the dlc apply to every system......

Started up again today.  Got everything up to at least Master except for Hunter.  Paladin is at Legend and Woodcutter is at Hero (without even trying really).  Also just hit level 50, so I'll dl the DLC soon.

I really thought I'd be done with this game as soon as I got Pokemon, but I'd still rather be chopping down trees and playing the stupid crafting games than leveling my monsters. 

Made it to Hero with Hunter yesterday.  So that's Legend for Paladin, Hero for Woodcutter and Hunter, and Master for everything else.  I won't be playing as much the next week or so as I am replaying Valkyria Chronicles. I kind of want to defer playing so much of this until the holidays when I'll be doing some traveling.  This game is perfect for that.

Yeah, I went to do Pam's request yesterday and she wanted something you get after reaching level 100 or from mining something I can't do any damage to yet. I am at level 53 right now. Had to cancel that.

I did start the carpenter life last night. So far I am creator rank on paladin, master on blacksmith and woodcutter, and low on everything else.

Did Blacksmithing. Got to Hero, got stuck needing lumber. Did carpenter. Got to Legendary, got stuck needing cloth. Now I'm expert on tailor. Adept on alchemy and cooking, Creator on everything else.

Finally got adept on carpentry. I see they force you to go to the desert town for a lot of stuff. It's hard to remember how to get places too. Do the rest of you concentrate on your job, or do you go off and gather stuff like wood, ore, and other things not related to your job. I've got like 50 hours on this and am not even close to mastering all the jobs and doing all the quests.

Finally got adept on carpentry. I see they force you to go to the desert town for a lot of stuff. It's hard to remember how to get places too. Do the rest of you concentrate on your job, or do you go off and gather stuff like wood, ore, and other things not related to your job. I've got like 50 hours on this and am not even close to mastering all the jobs and doing all the quests.
Oh yes it is. I forgot how to get to the desert town and it's in the West Plains and there was a freakin' fork.

Found tomatoes, but can't find where you get Monster Meat. And butterfly doesn't have any more quests for me to further the story. 

God kinda bored and my bag is constantly full now, so I switched to Tailor and hate it. I will never use anything it makes, and you have that mini game in the crafting to hit "A" at the right time which is the one I dislike the most.

God kinda bored and my bag is constantly full now, so I switched to Tailor and hate it. I will never use anything it makes, and you have that mini game in the crafting to hit "A" at the right time which is the one I dislike the most.
I finally exited the game yesterday. Finished watching Dexter a couple days ago, so I had nothing to do while playing.

I'm at level 154 with creator in everything... Beat my Animal Crossing hours by like 6 hours.

Where do you find I think it's Ellah in the forest. It's a butterfly mission. I looked in the elderwood and grassy plains and can't find her.

Made it to Hero on every class last night.  I bought the DLC and played through the DLC story so now Paladin is Demi-Creator.  Getting to Legend/Demi-Creator on every class might be a little tedious.  Still dunno if I want to do it yet. Also the Lunares Coin system is ridiculous so I'll probably just ignore it unless she asks for easy items.

Made it to Hero on every class last night. I bought the DLC and played through the DLC story so now Paladin is Demi-Creator. Getting to Legend/Demi-Creator on every class might be a little tedious. Still dunno if I want to do it yet. Also the Lunares Coin system is ridiculous so I'll probably just ignore it unless she asks for easy items.
Yea, getting from Demi-Creator to Creator is a breeze. It's getting to Legend/Demi-Creator that's the most time consuming. Such as cooking's get everything to level 15.

Lunares requests are pretty ridiculous, but one of the crafting ones are pretty easy for 3 gold coins. But you need Creator to do it.

Other than getting the XP shoes, I didn't bother with Lunares coins. I can clear all the Trials already anyways, so I didn't see much of a point upgrading.

Got to Creator for Paladin this weekend.  Yay.  Everything else is still Hero.  Probably going to be playing a lot of this next week while I'm traveling, holding off on playing more for now.

bread's done
Back