Far Cry 2 (360) $24.99 shipped, PC $17.99 at Newegg

that's a really good deal. I highly recommend this game, it's very different from most modern FPS', and in a good way.

Wasn't there an issue with corrupting save files at 65% or something? Did that ever get fixed? I'll bite if it did.

This game would be a lot better if every person you come across in the game didn't want to kill you. Its annoying when you have to drive halfway across the map to do a mission and you have to stop 10 times before you get there to kill all of the people who are trying to run you down.

I had this but got rid of it because I couldn't stand having to travel halfway across the map, getting chased by some unknown militia/personnel, getting killed and having to try the mission over again. Just wasn't a game for me, nonetheless this is a good deal for those interested in the game.

[quote name='MBENNE']Wasn't there an issue with corrupting save files at 65% or something? Did that ever get fixed? I'll bite if it did.[/quote]

I'm wondering about this too. It's mentioned in the ratings on the Newegg page. Otherwise I'd jump on this.

Damn. I bought this game back on Black Friday and just started playing it this week. I should have waited. Too many games, too little time.

ETA: FWW, so far I really like the game, although I'm finding it's pretty hard even on medium difficulty, though I'm not a big FPS player over all and reallly kinda wish this was a 3rd person game.

I had one save file go corrupt, but it's not really a big deal. You'll want to save a TON so that you don't have to back track as much. I played the game on easy and saved every chance I got and I liked the game a lot.

For FPS fans this is a no-brainer, but it's missing the original "Far Cry" magic IMO. I got it for $42 in October and I'm pleased.

It's a definite B- if I had to grade it. The gunplay is fantastic, but getting to the missions, like others have said, gets tiring. Just save often and you'll be ok.

[quote name='jeac1729']Last time I checked the corrupting of save files has not been fixed yet.[/quote]

That is disappointing. I will wait

a really good price. the story is a little lame and everybody talks twice as fast as people should. the gunplay is a lot of fun and it's fun to try new approaches when raiding guard posts and bases. long distance driving is a pain tho. still, it's worth checking out.

Just wanted to chime in with a review as well. I played the 360 version all the way through in about a week (not to 100%, just the main story) and had a blast with it. Yes, everyone is right that it kind of sucks not having a fast-travel system (well there is a bus, but sometimes it takes as long to get there as it would to your destination) and not having NPCs that don't hate you.

But the game looks great. The combat & driving both control well. And I didn't have a single issue with save files. Part of the game I enjoyed most was just driving around, running over zebras, and setting trees on fire. Pretty immersive experience overall.

I bit on the PC version. I've been waiting for a price this good since I passed up Amazon's pre-Christmas deal.

Although I just bought STALKER: Clear Sky. I don't know if I have enough time to split between two open-world shooters.

From the official Ubisoft forum updated recently:

UPDATE 3/5:

Hi everyone,

We are still working on getting the title update out to you, but wanted to give you a quick update on the corrupt saved game issue. We have been working on it since it was first reported, and are happy to report that the issue has been identified. We are working on incorporating a fix into the upcoming title update, however please be advised that the fix *may* only be for new saves created after installing the TU. We understand that it is frustrating to lose all those hours put into a saved game (believe us, we ourselves have had to physically play to the point of corruption over and over during troubleshooting), and thank you for your patience as we worked to identify the cause. More information on the fix will be available when the TU is ready for release.

After reading that I bit :)
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1821007696/m/1501017607

I picked up the PS3 version on clearance at Target for $14.98, but I really wanted the PC version for the unlimited save capability and the improved graphics so I may pick this up.

I have the PC version if anybody is interested. Im just going to sell it on goozex if not, I'll CML if there's interest.

Did no one ever create a mod for the 360 to lower the respawn rate on the guard posts from hell? That was so annoying I got rid of the 360 version, but I really want to play the game again and am tryign to decide which platform to get it on.

Very tempted to order the PC version... I'm hoping this will run well with my 8600GT.

I heard you can set save points whenever you want on the PC version, so that fixes one of the major problems with this game.

What the hell, I'm in.

[quote name='segaplayer']From the official Ubisoft forum updated recently:

UPDATE 3/5:

Hi everyone,

We are still working on getting the title update out to you, but wanted to give you a quick update on the corrupt saved game issue. We have been working on it since it was first reported, and are happy to report that the issue has been identified. We are working on incorporating a fix into the upcoming title update, however please be advised that the fix *may* only be for new saves created after installing the TU. We understand that it is frustrating to lose all those hours put into a saved game (believe us, we ourselves have had to physically play to the point of corruption over and over during troubleshooting), and thank you for your patience as we worked to identify the cause. More information on the fix will be available when the TU is ready for release.

After reading that I bit :)
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1821007696/m/1501017607[/quote]

Awesome! What does TU stand for though? I got the game for $15 and itll be awhile before I dive into it. Hopefully itll be fixed my than.

So the game is that hard on normal? I hate playing games on easy.

I was a huge fan of FC1. I bought this on Xbox 360, and just couldn't get into it. The biggest problem is the malaria. That was an unnecessarily element of "realism" they put in the game that flat out makes the game less fun.

If you haven't played it, imagine a game that's pretty fun, only every so often, it becomes not fun, and you have to look around for medicine to cure the malaria, and make the game fun again. Several of the reviews on major sites mentioned this also.

[quote name='Filbert']I bit on the PC version. I've been waiting for a price this good since I passed up Amazon's pre-Christmas deal.

Although I just bought STALKER: Clear Sky. I don't know if I have enough time to split between two open-world shooters.[/quote]

*sigh* I guess that decision was made for me. I ordered mine on my debit card which happened to expire this month. Well after I ordered it and before they charged the amount I activated my new card. The order was canceled without emailing me about it. I just got back from vacation and wondered why the game wasn't here, so I checked their website and saw that my order was voided.

If they would have emailed me about it I would have reordered or jumped on the Steam sale. Is anyone else selling Far Cry 2 for the PC for under $20?

I bought the Steam Ubi deal for FC2 and I have to say I'm liking it a lot. I feel it suffers from the CryEngine though considering if you've played crysis you can go Rambo on everyones asses and it feels like this game wants you to do that, but if you do you die in an instant. It's strange.

Finally bit also, also picked up LOW for only out a week and love the old wrestlers, should be fun. $25 used BML for another -$10.
Both games only $54.99 not a bad deal.

Far Cry 2 is more of an "I'm bored" game, the story is extremely bland. It all revolves around "go here, kill that guy, drive back, rinse and repeat." I bought it off my friend on PC for $10 and I don't think its worth it.

bread's done
Back