Far Cry 2 (PS3/360) - $27.99 at Amazon

This game is not worth $30.00, I bought it for $15.00 and still feel ripped off... Maybe I'm just cheap, though...

[quote name='ashkpa']This game is not worth $30.00, I bought it for $15.00 and still feel ripped off... Maybe I'm just cheap, though...[/QUOTE]
Its a weird game in that some people really enjoyed it and some people hated it. I bought it and didn't enjoy it at all.

Thats interesting because I loved the 1st one. I heard this one is in Africa and it has a whole new storyline though...

I never played any of the other Far Cry games, but apparently this one is really different. I bought it from GS during a B2G1 sale, beat it in less than a week & took it back. I really enjoyed the single-player experience but there are a few things, and they're kind of major things, that take away from it being a great game. Still very fun to play & it looks awesome.

edit: For those wondering, the bad things about the game are that there aren't random people in the world. Well there are, but they all want to kill you. So you can't go anywhere without getting into firefights. And the other is that it takes forever to get anywhere. It's a big map, and there are fast-travel locations, but it seems that it'll take longer to use those than to head straight for your destination. Also, you start off the game with Malaria & have to take pills for it - kinda stupid if you ask me, but wasn't a big deal. Others, however, really hated that part.

But yeah, I'd wait on this game til ~$20.

I loved this game. It gets a bit repetitive, but the graphics are awesome and once I got a few good sets of equipment the game was a blast.

Game is awesome. Starts slow as you figure out the game, but really picks up.

It's basically a fps meets open world mission game. Loved the game once I really got into it. Worth it.

I rented it and thought it was okay, but I didn't get too far into it. I think I'll wait til this drops to about $15 or so.

[quote name='ashkpa']This game is not worth $30.00, I bought it for $15.00 and still feel ripped off... Maybe I'm just cheap, though...[/QUOTE]

I about threw it through the window it was so damn repetitive.

This is a nice purchase if you are looking for some really expensive firewood that isnt even wood and smells bad when you burn it!

Ubi should drop this to $20 already, If you've waited this long I'd wait a little longer unless you gotta have it. I really enjoyed it. I actually liked the second half of the game better than the first. Not that the second half is much different than the first, it just settles in like an old friend that you look forward to playing. At the beginning I was wishing Ubi would toss in a killer gorilla or something. I just love the mood and look of the game. You can stop and look around just about anywhere and it's like a postcard. Great theme music too.

FWIW, after I finished it I tried to finish the first Far Cry(360) but quickly gave up again. Controls like crap and feels very dated. Nowhere near up to par with the quality of games we get today.

If you can find it Target clearanced the 360 versions of Far Cry 2 out at $9.98.

I like Far Cry but god damn I hate games like this set in open worlds. GTA, fine, I love it. But for Far Cry, I find stream line story telling to be perfectly fine. I got sick of driving around or taking that stupid bus. Online play is pretty good though.

bought this game for $10 at target and like others have said, it starts off pretty slow but the more i play the more its growing on me... still not the greatest game tho but def worth 10 bucks and maybe even $30 if u want to do all the side quests and everything

[quote name='Rozz']If you can find it Target clearanced the 360 versions of Far Cry 2 out at $9.98.[/QUOTE]

At my Target all 5 copies flew off the shelves when it hit $27.99

I actually loved this game enough to [shamelessselfplug]write a review on it[/shamelessselfplug] and 25$ was the ideal price I put on it. I personally picked it up for 15 from that steam sale. Anyhow, I give it the thumbs up but as many have said in the thread it's pretty love it or hate it.

It's a really repetitive game, even if you like shooters. Well if you can finish a GTA game maybe you can finish this, but it has a repetitive mission structure with barely any cutscenes, and a map from hell that's going to pad on lots of time before you get to the missions. I paid $27 at gamestop with discounts and that was a bit much.

how does it compare to crysis? that was open end.

i had the first farcry on pc, back than the grahpics where mind blowing. i never finished it though, but it was enjoyable. *the first one, the enemy looked like big buff plastic toy soldiers.

It's almost nothing like Crysis/Far Cry other than they all have a similar engine. Far Cry 2 is more like an MMO world where you grind on missions and to even get to missions you grind your way through enemies. Those other games the action is more scripted and story is more present.

I liked the original for Xbox, but I'll wait a little longer before jumping on this given some of the criticisms.

guys, don't be deceived into thinking this is anything like original. The original was developed by Crytek, not Ubisoft. they are pretty different games. And this game is very repetitive if you like that sort of thing.

I wanted to like this but the controls were too loose. COD pretty much set the standard and most games feel either too similar or just not good in comparison.

I absolutely loved this game when I rented it from GF, despite some glaring flaws, like some of the achievements being glitched, silly enemy AI, and it being pretty repetitive. I don't know if it's worth $30, though. Never played the MP, so that might sway my opinion. Still, I do know most folks should have fun with the SP.

I actually approached it as someone who's not a huge fan of the FPS genre, and I really liked it. Maybe the open structure was what endeared me to it. I won't contest that it's pretty repetitive, but the game is drop dead gorgeous, which is not an overstatement. I do wish there was a bit less driving around.

I'm not liking this game too much so far, the controls are whack ... I don't know maybe it's just me but first it was way to sensitive, so I turned it down but it's still weird. I think I pinpointed it as the vertical sensitivity doesn't match the horizontal sensitivity. I think if they added the option to tweak both horizontal and vertical sensitivity it would play alot better. I haven't played it too much but so far it seems like a corridor shooter with bush. It always seems like something's in your way to prevent you from either seeing or walking across the map. Like I said before I haven't played to too much but so far it doesn't seem as vast as the previous [xbox] ones.

I had it and didn't like it. The map creator feature is really awesome, but the single player got frustrating simply because traveling from point A to point B in a mission entailed fighting off every single person you drive past along the way.

[quote name='Organ Donor']I had it and didn't like it. The map creator feature is really awesome, but the single player got frustrating simply because traveling from point A to point B in a mission entailed fighting off every single person you drive past along the way.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm noticing that I can't even drive through an area without everyone attacking me for apparently no reason at all. The funny thing about it is that when you're in the town they map hostile areas in red, which is what they should have done with the world map.

Yeah this game is pretty solid.

I enjoyed it I don't think it will be a game a often look back too, I was happy with it for 14 bucks from target though.

[quote name='Rozz']If you can find it Target clearanced the 360 versions of Far Cry 2 out at $9.98.[/QUOTE]

ditto for me.

[quote name='Organ Donor']I had it and didn't like it. The map creator feature is really awesome, but the single player got frustrating simply because traveling from point A to point B in a mission entailed fighting off every single person you drive past along the way.[/QUOTE]

This is a turn-off, but if you play long enough to unlock some decent weapons, it's not really a problem. A rocket launcher can shorten these encounters... significantly.

You have to know you're going to like this game before you take the plunge. The graphics and immersion are second to none. Hands down, this is the most beautiful, best realized open-world FPS setting ever created.

The game behind it is boring and pretty bad though. There's some fun to be had here exploring, taking down bases with stealthy approaches and fire, but it is not a game I can recommend.

also picked it up from target a month ago and finally got around to play it. First time through was very hard and felt strange. Was about to toss it aside but stuck to it and lowered the difficulty to easy. Currently playing it and it's definitely a unique game. More than I can say than mirrors edge.....

It's still a free roaming FPS and you don't see many of those these days. A lot of options but I still miss Jack Carver thats for sure.

There's still at leat 5 copies at the Knoxville TN Targets near Knoxville's West Towne Mall and Knoxville Center. I picked one up for $10.

bread's done
Back