Farewell Montage wins BEST MONTAGE @ 2005 Halo 2 "Oscars" -thanks CAG!

[quote name='swetooth9']for the ones that farewell is not a choice in, vote for the "Talking Smack Over Xbox Live: An Educational Film"...it's pretty funny[/QUOTE]

lol i love that one

There are about 5 days remaining for these awards, hopefully with all of the CheapAssGamer community support the four categories will fall to Farewell!

Big votes for RyanW with all three of my gmails, will definitely hit that site everyday. I hope you get a reward for the great work you did, hope to see more and see you xbl.

This was one of the best Halo movies I've seen and he's a CAGer so he got all my votes. Nothing comes close to Warthog Jump IMHO for pure HA HA and OMG factors but this was damn good. I'm extremely impressed with his no scope abilities if those were all competitive games and not staged.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']This was one of the best Halo movies I've seen and he's a CAGer so he got all my votes. Nothing comes close to Warthog Jump IMHO for pure HA HA and OMG factors but this was damn good. I'm extremely impressed with his no scope abilities if those were all competitive games and not staged.[/QUOTE]

Nothing was staged.

I watched them both this morning and thought they were pretty good. They actually made me want to start playing Halo 2 again on Live. I was already running late to work as it was though, so I haven't voted yet, but I'll be sure to do so tonight. Some of those kills are just hilarious.

Where are the links to the other videos?

It doesn't make sense to vote for one video when none of the other nominees have been seen.

BTW, tossing the plasma grenade onto the Warthog was amazing. Funnier still was the dupe that was wearing a plasma grenade as a backpack.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Where are the links to the other videos?

It doesn't make sense to vote for one video when none of the other nominees have been seen.

BTW, tossing the plasma grenade onto the Warthog was amazing. Funnier still was the dupe that was wearing a plasma grenade as a backpack.[/QUOTE]

Just click on the "nominees" page at the top of the "voting" page to see all the videos. And some of those nade tosses are still fun to watch for me to this day, haha!

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Where are the links to the other videos?

BTW, tossing the plasma grenade onto the Warthog was amazing. Funnier still was the dupe that was wearing a plasma grenade as a backpack.[/QUOTE]

Just click on the "nominees" page at the top of the "voting" page to see all the videos. And some of those nade tosses are still fun to watch for me to this day, haha!

So what's the story behind the name of the awards? Are the trophies shaped like the Rockets on Prisoner or is it a reference to a landmark Halo movie?

[quote name='radjago']So what's the story behind the name of the awards? Are the trophies shaped like the Rockets on Prisoner or is it a reference to a landmark Halo movie?[/QUOTE]

To the best of my knowledge the name comes from the Halo CE map Prisoner. A popular gametype that is played on it is Rockets. My best guess is that they took the name from there.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Hey, is voting going to be announced when the polls are closed and immediately available or is there a pre-announced date for the winners.[/QUOTE]

September 4th is a live broadcast a la Award Show PutNameHere.

AUGUST 30th IS THE LAST DAY, FREAKING VOTE IF YOU HAVEN'T!

We're down to the last half hour of acceptable voting. I'd like to thank everyone for their support thus far and be sure to follow this thread in the upcoming days as I post up about how the awards will be presented on September 4th!

UPDATE 9/3
Check out my signature below and click the link to find out how to watch the ROPA's with FAREWELL's 4 nominations on Sunday. It is looking to be great!

Yeah I know it sounds a bit off but read up on how you can be "at the awards" TODAY September 4th:

LINK: http://rop.thatweasel.tv/index.php?site=O&pg=CE

The Awards Ceremony:
Is slated to be broadcast Sept. 4th, 2005.
If you would like to virtually "attend" the Ceremony, then email us at [email protected] with "Awards Ceremony" in the email subject. But you start now to get yourself in the audience by emailing:

A real life picture which we will sort of animate
A real life picture that we will create a characture of and animate
An image a character you would like to represent you
Or any idea you have for us to add you to the crowd

And Uploading to the TWTv Webserver (http://www.thatweasel.tv/upl.php
15 to 30 seconds of you clapping
15 seconds of laughter
Anything else you would like to submit like funny "shout outs" or "hooting and hollering" for when your favourite video Nominee is announced.

...I did it.

Yeah, they are definitely not too good about keeping deadlines.
I sent in my Avatar so I can "attend", when it eventually goes down.

I plan on e-mailing them tonight. TWTV has pushed back the dates on the actual awards, the nominations, the voting, and now twice for the awards ceremony. I'll be sure to post up a summary of whatever they tell me. I was hoping to have a SWEEPS chant started by now.

snapshot200509142317458ox.jpg

I didn't hear anything about the other categories so I don't think I pulled those, which is disappointing but at least I got that! Don't post this on the normal thread. I've got to write in some stuff so they can put it in the awards... But yeah, there we go!

The 3rd annual "Rocket's On Prisoner" Award's can be reffered to as the Academy Awards or Oscar's of Halo. CAG's own rywateska had his Farewell Montage nominated, along with a few other videos, for a shot at one of these "Oscar's".

BEST MONTAGE CEREMONY HAS BEEN POSTED
If you would like to watch the pre-release segment containing the Best Montage Nominees & Winner right click & save as the links below or CLICK HERE

Windows Media Player 9, 720x480, 31.3MB
Windows Media Player 9, 360x240, 11.5MB
QuickTime 6, 720x480, 34.1MB
QuickTime 6, 360x240, 14.4MB
DivX 5, 720x480, 33.9MB
DivX 5, 360x240, 14.9MB

After a small delay the The 3rd annual "Rocket's On Prisoner" Award's are beginning to be released! To date four Ceremonies have been released. Best Trailer, Best Music Video, Best Documentary and today...Best Montage. Thanks to the support of the CheapAssGamer community my Halo 2 Montage, Farewell, was able to pull in enough overall votes to win the category! I'd like to thank everyone who watched, supported, and voted for Farewell! It is awesome that the Best Halo 2 Montage of the year can be found right here on CAG! I'll write up more on my thoughts once the final ceremony is posted.

bread's done
Back