Fav. Beer (namebrand)

Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat
Sapporo
Or just plain Coor's Light, ice cold on a hot day
Mixed beers: Black & Tans

[quote name='jlseal']FYI, there are more hofsbrauhouses in the US now. The first one is there in Newport, and their beer is excellent.[/QUOTE]

'port representing!

Where are the other ones?

Mykevermin, man you know your stuff. I'll definately start searching for Dixie's beers again.

I have a couple good places to look, but Florida isn't exactly the best place for microbrews. They don't even carry Brooklyn Brewery down here and I want to try their Chocolate Stout.

Depends on the day, but I have a few I like to rotate in:

Corona Light (Lime is optional) - Modelo Especial is a good substitute.
Miller Lite - when you need a cheapy drunkfest
Stella Artois - recently found this and I love it
Iron City Light - hard to find around here, has a good flavor

And I enjoyed my first Guiness two weekends ago. I've had Guiness before, but this was the first great pint. Fado in Buckhead. Top shelf, would recommend it to anyone. 'The Perfect Pint,' if I do say so myself.

Need to try Carlsberg next time I see it. Warsteiner is decent

Don't really care for Boddingtons out of the can.

Boddies *is* really bad out of the can, but it can be quite enjoyable on draft. It has a very unique, creamy texture for a beer of its kind. It's called a "bitter," but it's nothing like any other bitter I've had. I could be wrong, though.

[quote name='mykevermin']Boddies *is* really bad out of the can, but it can be quite enjoyable on draft. It has a very unique, creamy texture for a beer of its kind. It's called a "bitter," but it's nothing like any other bitter I've had. I could be wrong, though.[/QUOTE]

Boddington's in a can is not bad at all. I'm having one right now, actually. On tap can be better if the bar is turning a keg every two or three days. The nitro charge, as with Guinness draught, sort of boosts it into a league of its own. Dangerously smooth.

I've heard rumors of a bar somewhere well to the south of where I am that does all of their beers on tap with a nitrogen mixture. The idea is appealing to me on lots of different levels. I've never looked into it much and certainly never been. A night there and I'd come up with the bends for sure. :)

Scobie, if you're a fan of Boddington's, I'd like to take this opportunity to tell you to hunt down a couple of albums by The Macc Lads. If you aren't already familiar with them, they'll become one of your top ten bands to drink to in short order (judging by your avatar).

[quote name='mykevermin']Scobie, if you're a fan of Boddington's, I'd like to take this opportunity to tell you to hunt down a couple of albums by The Macc Lads. If you aren't already familiar with them, they'll become one of your top ten bands to drink to in short order (judging by your avatar).[/QUOTE]

The Macc Lads are what they are, I guess. Not even a patch on the Business. Lately I've been digging back through some old Bad Brains stuff and records from Jerry's Kids, DYS, DRI, and MDC. I'm just getting surlier as I get older. :)

Anyway, I wanted to give another mention to Abita's Turbo Dog that was mentioned a few posts back. In my estimation, it's one of the best beers in America today. Horrible packaging, terrible name, but a great freakin' beer.

Oh, myke -- I've been meaning to ask you, ever tried any of the stuff from Great Lakes Brewing Co. up in Cleveland? They used to be one of the few small graces granted to those living in NE Ohio. They get pretty good distro throughout the state from what I can gather, and their selection is amazing.

I highly recommend their Elliot Ness Lager, Edmund Fitzgerald Porter (best porter I've ever had), and Dortmunder Gold. The Burning River Pale Ale is pretty good, too, if you're into pale ales.

I've had 'em all except for the dortmunder. Elliott Ness is very good, and the Burning River is a pretty tasty pale ale. I tend to not buy them b/c their labels are hard as fuck to soak off.

I fgured you for a Lads fan; my friends and I occasionally silence the whole bar with a rousing chorus of "Barrels Round," depending on how much we've drunk.

202836758_m.jpg

PBR ME ASAP!

NOW WITH 100% MORE PICS

My 4 favorite beers:
St. Bernardus is a Belgium beer. It my favorite but it's pretty expensive. A 4 pack witll cost you about $8
bm419.jpg

Old Rasputin, the darkest beer ever, but it's got a hint of chocolate, however it has a very strong taste, not for beer noobs.
b0081504_112948100.jpg

Honey Brown, cheap and good. My Local Super Target sells 6-packs for $4.50. A good chugging beer.
fddkBeersBy_NameJW_Dundees_Honey_Brown_Lager-resized200.jpg

Mississppi Mud, a black and tan that comes in a cool looking bottle. Hard to find. One 32 oz. will get you pretty buzzed.
fddkBeersBy_NameMississippi_Mud_Black_and_Tan-resized200.jpg

do we need a import/craft beer thread? well, on the first page is said i like some beers, and i still do. but here are some beers im into at the momemnt.

fin-medaillon.gif

la fin du monde is sweet, tarty, smooth, delicious and 9%. i am in love with this beer. from canadas unibroue (they also do maudite and trois pistoles)

Erdinger_Dunkel_Dark_L.jpg

from Erdinger in germany this is a very dark hefeweizen. im not usually too big on wheat beers, but this is the best one ive ever hard, rich and smooth.

254.jpg

downtown brown is the everymans dark beer. i know so many people that "dont like dark beer" but love this one. its fantastic.

IMG_6275.jpg

twilight ale is a season summer brew :( but it is still great, bitter and smooth, from deschutes (mirror pond pale ale, black butte porter)

2732.jpg

sudwerk mai bock (gotta rep the locals) is a malty sweet seasonal brew that is just around the corner. look for it at your bevmo if you live on the west coast it should be showing up soon.

BarneyFlatsBig.jpg

thick, dark, rich, smooth, yum.

My wife says Oatmeal Stout beer tastes like Miso Soup. She doesn't drink, but I know she really dislikes the taste. I'm not a big fan, but I'll buy it every now and then, just for something diffrent.

As for that Downtown Brown, doesn't that brewery make other kinds of Beers? I've had a beer called Great White made by them. From what I remember it was okay. I could take it or leave it.

256.jpg

For anyone looking for Missisisippi Mud; try World Market. I've seen it there lately. I still need to try it.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']My wife says Oatmeal Stout beer tastes like Miso Soup. She doesn't drink, but I know she really dislikes the taste. I'm not a big fan, but I'll buy it every now and then, just for something diffrent.

As for that Downtown Brown, doesn't that brewery make other kinds of Beers? I've had a beer called Great White made by them. From what I remember it was okay. I could take it or leave it.

256.jpg
[/quote]
i love great white, is a nice tarty white ale. lost coast brewery puts out great beers in general, alleycat amber ale is good, their season winterbraun is very good and dark, the raspberry brown was a nice sweet brown ale (ive only seen that in 22 oz bottles at the nugget) and i didnt see their indica ipa on their website, so that might be discontinued. it was a nice bitter ipa.

[quote name='jbuck138']For anyone looking for Missisisippi Mud; try World Market. I've seen it there lately. I still need to try it.[/quote]
each world market has a beverage manager that order the beers they get, so beer selection at world market is very YMMV

Local Brewery (Hyde Park Brewery) makes a kickass Hefeweizen and a wicked Oatmeal Stout (Chaos).

Also a fan of Lake Placid Brewery's Ubu.

Larger scale beers include: Guinness, Newcastle, Sam Adams Cherry Wheat (Sub this for Bass in your Black & Tan!)

[quote name='jlseal']FYI, there are more hofsbrauhouses in the US now. The first one is there in Newport, and their beer is excellent.[/quote]

Hofbrauhaus Newport is by far my favorite place to go for quality beer. Beer of the month keeps you coming back for variety. Excellent atmosphere on weekends.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']zewone, are you in the sacramento area? do you like pyramid beers? ever go to streets of london?[/QUOTE]
Nah, I'm in Fresno. Never heard of pyramid beers.

[quote name='zewone']Nah, I'm in Fresno. Never heard of pyramid beers.[/quote]

Pyramid makes excellent brews, and their bottles are nice stout pieces. I'd highly recommend Pyramid Apricot.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']
each world market has a beverage manager that order the beers they get, so beer selection at world market is very YMMV[/quote]

Great to know. I'll have to check other ones out in my area. Maybe I'll find something interesting.

[quote name='jbuck138']For anyone looking for Missisisippi Mud; try World Market. I've seen it there lately. I still need to try it.[/QUOTE]

Down in South Florida they sell Mississppi Mud in my local Publix. I've even seen 4-Packs of it, of course they're not 32 oz.

I've been a little out of my beer-element since I graduated, but here was the gem of my college career:

394triplebock.jpg

Not because I enjoyed it, but because I finished the entire 8-odd ounce bottle in one night. I swear to god, I've put down a 1.75 of Southern Comfort with more ease. An odd combination of soy sauce, chocolate syrup, and moonshine.

Now I just try to grab a different six-pack every time I head to the spirit shop. I have a fresh set of Bridgeport Blackstrap Stout waiting in the fridge right now, alongside a few bottles of Smithwicks.

I suppose my favorite "well-known" beers are Red Stripe and Guinness, although when I intend on putting down a good night's worth, I'll stick with Honey Weiss (on tap only, with extra lemon) or MGD Light. I prefer stuff like Samuel Smith's stouts, Beamish, most of what Rogue offers, or some variations of Sam Adams.

When I was in Winnipeg last year, we had some really good beer, but I can't find any of it besides Molson around here. Labatts aside, I was actually impressed with Canadian domestics. On a similar, yet opposite, note: I was just in Mexico, only to find the resort I was staying at carried nothing but kegs of Corona. Most of the time I'd rather drink my own piss, but after an afternoon in the sun and a gallon of inferior Mexican beer flowing through you, you kind of stop caring.

[quote name='jeffreyjrose']Pyramid makes excellent brews, and their bottles are nice stout pieces. I'd highly recommend Pyramid Apricot.[/QUOTE]

I tried a few of their brews last fall and enjoyed them. Apricot was a little too fruity for me, but it would be a decent summer beer. The stuff is relatively inexpensive, too--I think we were getting six packs for under $5. Pyramid Curve Ball was pretty good, and I liked their Thunder Head (although I don't often drink IPA, so don't take my word for it).

I am not a huge drinker, but recently started trying some beers.

So far i really like

MGD good taste to it and overall smooth

I fucking love Blue Moon NO ORANGE, but i'm made fun of for liking blue moon.

and Honey Weiss, Berry Weiss.

I tried guiness for the first time but i didn't know how your supposed to serve it so i had it like ICE cold and it tasted like i was eating out my X girlfriends asshole.

[quote name='Maynard']I am not a huge drinker, but recently started trying some beers.

So far i really like

MGD good taste to it and overall smooth

I fucking love Blue Moon NO ORANGE, but i'm made fun of for liking blue moon.

and Honey Weiss, Berry Weiss.

I tried guiness for the first time but i didn't know how your supposed to serve it so i had it like ICE cold and it tasted like i was eating out my X girlfriends asshole.[/QUOTE]

That's the biggest problem with ordering Guinness in public--9 out of 10 bartenders don't have any clue how to handle it. When done correctly, it's as good as draft (draught?) beer can possibly get--but it's a sensitive fucker. A straight-poured pint of Guinness is absolutely awful, and that's how you'll usually get it anywhere other than an "authentic" Irish pub. A Guinness that is too cold is terrible, as well. I used to have this problem at a bar that took all their pint glasses from the freezer; Guinness-sicles are far from delicious.

And yeah, Blue Moon sucks.

[quote name='defiance_17']A Guinness that is too cold is terrible, as well. I used to have this problem at a bar that took all their pint glasses from the freezer; Guinness-sicles are far from delicious.[/QUOTE]

I never really thought about that, but now that you mention it, most of the times I've had a bad Guinness were at places that froze the pints. It didn't change the texture, but seemed to accentuate the bitterness of it a whole hell of a lot.

What's everyone's favorite summertime/springtime beer? I'm going to make a new batch in mid-April, and so it won't be ready until mid-may (give or take). I'm considering putting my own recipe together, since the place I buy all my gear from underhops their kits considerably. I just want some divine inspiration. I'm thinking of making something as close to Fuller's ESB as possible, but am certainly open to other ideas.

[quote name='mykevermin']
What's everyone's favorite summertime/springtime beer? I'm going to make a new batch in mid-April, and so it won't be ready until mid-may (give or take). I'm considering putting my own recipe together, since the place I buy all my gear from underhops their kits considerably. I just want some divine inspiration. I'm thinking of making something as close to Fuller's ESB as possible, but am certainly open to other ideas.[/QUOTE]

Summer Honey from Big Sky Brewery. I had some when I was in Yellowstone, and I loved it.
summerhoney.gif

Anyone ever heard "Fat Tire"? The story with this beer is a guy goes to Belgium and visits several diffrent brewerys riding on his bike alone. After what he's tasted from Belguim he creates a beer of his own and makes "Fat Tire." If it was availible down in Florida I'd buy it all the time:

FatTire.jpg

bread's done
Back