Favorite ARCADE game?

Moon Patrol, Tempest, Star wars arcade, and I've always had a fond spot in my heart for the King of the Monsters series. Oh and the 4 player beatemups(simpsons, TMNT)

X-Men is 4 players (On the double screen models). I would say Simpsons because it's probrobly the best arcade game that was never made for a home system.

this game in korea.

it was a airplane game very good also.
forgot what the name was.

also ninja turtles , xmen , some shooting games

Well, I have Asteroids....while it probably wouldn't be my favorite if I didn't own it, I play it all the time and like it a lot, so that's my pick.

When I was a kid I couldn't wait to go and play the Simpsons game! I'd say it's a tie between that and DDR 5th mix.

DDR
Street Fighters
Tekkens
The Simpsons.
Arctic Thunder - why? because I own the ps2 version and have never lost in an arcade or not gotten a highscore.
I like those 8 sets of racing people games cuz there really fun and you can yell at the people not the computer. Plus there was this one i played that had a full indy car body and moved when you turned.
Time Crises
Maximum Force (Shooter that i own ps1 version for and of course beat it easily).
SKEEEBALL (lol)

Ahh someone needs to start an arcade story thread NOW.

Edit: forgot simpsons in there.

Where is the love for Metal Slug. That is my favorite arcade game. I also loved playing 4 player Sunset Riders and Run n Gun.

1st and 2nd favs

Driving - San Franciso Rush (Crazy Taxi)
Fighting - X-men vs StreetFighter (SF2 Hyper Fighting)
Shooting - House of the Dead (Virtua Cop 2)
Brawlers - Sengoku 3 (Double Dragon II)
Shooters - Raiden II (R-Type)

Night Striker was one of my favorites, and the only arcade game I ever held the top score in. Hellafied fun game back in the day.

Street Fighter II goes without saying, as I was in middle school around the time it hit big.

But for my true number one, Galaga. No other arcade game comes close.

To avoid all the obvious classics that have already been mentioned...

Tapper
Peter Packrat
Marble Madness
Dungeons and Dragons

shooter - Guwange (bizarre Japanese shooter by Cave with Demons instead of planes) or DoDonPachi

fighter - Samurai Shodown (any)

other - Rampage

beat em up - Combatribes or Cadillacs and Dinosaurs

pinball - Funhouse or Earthshaker

thats a few (thanks MAME and pinMAME)

DDR! How did I forget ddr. I lost two years of my life, and lots of quarters to that game. Oh and Marble madness, but that was pretty horrid in the arcade after playing it on NES. The trackball is just way too hard to control with and pinches your hand, at least at my arcade it does.

Any Konami Arcde game from the late 80's to the mid 90's Sunset riders TMNT Simpsons... all of them
WWF superstars
WWF Wrestlefest
Ninja Gaiden
Moonwalker
Gain Ground
Just to many to mention.

Galaga
and
Gun Survivor 2. I was so happy when my local arcade got it last week. I spent a good amount of time and money there :)

X-Men Vs. Capcom because I could always have a good time with just a few quarters with this one.

Tetris because I love this game and could play it for days.

My all time favorite two arcade games would have to be:

WWF Wrestlefest because I beat so many people playing this game in the Tag Team Division.

Run & Gun because this is the best basketball video game I have ever played arcade or console. The only thing holding it back is that it doesn't have any licensces from the NBA. If I were to ever own an arcade game this would be it.

Lots of good ones to choose from. TMNT 1 and 2 and The Simpsons from when I was a kid. Later, I specifically went to the arcade just to play the SFA's and KOF96. Course, last time I went to an arcade for a specific game was MVC2 back in 2000.

i gotta give a few props here:

Daytona USA...loved playing it was 8 people in linked systems at gameworks, just awesome.

Beatmania and percussion breaks - super brilliance in terms of sheer fun and expeierence, the beatmania machine has an awesome presentation and the percussion freaks is a lot of fun with the drums.

Time Crisis + Virtua Cop = the mother load in arcade games, big screens and guns. oh ya.

bread's done
Back