Favorite Beer

Stoneage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I am too lazy to make a poll, and it would probably be too long, anyway. Right now, I am a Heineken and St. Pauli Girl man. They taste quite the same....it just depends which is on sale, etc. I am on number 7 right now, and I feel ok.

I used to like Leinenkugel.....but it doesn't have that amber clarity that the above-mentioned lagers have.

I also like Guinness quite a lot.

Hard liquor I have little use for. My problem is....I like to drink.....and beer seems to give me a limit.....pee-wise. With vodka, whiskey, etc.....I just go ape spit and then puke my guts out until the break of dawn.

Beer- Honey Weiss Leinenkugel, Harps, Amstel Light (drinking right now trying to lose weight), Killian's

Hard- Bushmills, Knob Creek, Maker's Mark, Baccardi, Sky (rocks with Mountain Dew). Man, I pretty much drink anything except for schapps or fruity shit.

guiness.jpg

[quote name='Pylis']I'm probably alone on this, but I can't stand beer, regardless of what it is.[/QUOTE]
Check out the previous OTT. You're not alone. ;)

Carib, Newcastle, Magic Hat #9, Victory HopDevil, anything Samuel Smith makes, Old Speckled Hen.. Too many to list really.

I love going into the local beer store here and buying a couple of six packs to try that I've never tasted/heard of before. Definitely one of lifes simple pleasures.

[quote name='kaw']I love going into the local beer store here and buying a couple of six packs to try that I've never tasted/heard of before. [/quote]

That's my new hobby ever since I turned 21.

[quote name='6669']
guiness.jpg
[/quote]

I love you. That's really all I drink anymore. If I have to I'll do fat tire and little else.

I'm wearing my Guinness PJ shorts right now :)

But I'd have to say Guinness, Fat Tire, some German beer that my dad got me for the 4th of July, Miller High Life, and Purple Haze.

Yes, I know my age, but God bless that legal to drink in your house with parents law

Seeing as my cheapassness spills over into drinking too, i usually go for cheap malt liquor such as Steel Reserve and Old English.

In terms of more "respectful" beers, I like Bud Light, Bud Select, Labatt Blue, Guiness, McSorlys Ale, Sam Adams Oktoberfest, Sams Winter Ale, St Peters Cream Stout (had some last week and loved it). Thats about all I can think of now...

Bass and Sam Adams are tied for first with me. Followed by Guinness followed by the Sam Adams seasonal. Followed by anything delicious.

Seeing as my cheapassness spills over into drinking too, i usually go for cheap malt liquor such as Steel Reserve and Old English.

Yuck! I have a bad night of me and some friends seeing who can do beer bongs of Steel Reserve till we puked memory.

Did Guinness just get popular recently. I never known anyone to drink it. But now I see more and more people drinking it. It was my little secret at least I thought.

Nah,... I've been drinking Guinness for about 12 years.... it's just picked up over and over again, as each generation moves on from drinking to be cool, to a more sophistocated approach. Instead of drinking it to get wasted, some people begin realizing that it tastes great, and actually enhances meals amongst other things :)

Honestly..... the BEST beer I've ever had has come from my uncle's micro-brewery :) PROPS GEORGE!!!

After that... a small brewery in Delaware... Dogfish Head makes some of the absolute best brews EVER!!! Apart from the ridiculously priced stuff in beer brothels... this stuff is just plain perfect. My bro took me to this place in Philly that served hundreds of beers.... cost him nearly $1000 for the night, and to him it was worth it. The beer was magnificant, although only he, and the beer-do's in there knew the names of them all, but was just too pricey.

So, I'd come home to the wonderous Dogfish Head!!! HANDS DOWN the only alcoholic beverage that I miss, here in Japan.

So... until I return.... I drink Asahi Black, and occasionally Kirin and Sapporo, etc, etc.... :)

I concur on Dogfish Head; their brewmaster just had a coverstory in Brew Your Own magazine, and the recipes he gave were just plain fucking *weird*. It explains perfectly why they're so popular though.

Conventional beers: Guinness, Miller High Life, Newcastle, Smithwick's

Less conventional: Stone (Ruination IPA, Russian Imperial Stout), Fuller's ESB, Left Hand Sawtooth Ale, and Samuel Smith Winter Welcome Ale (and it's almost the perfect fucking time of year to have it!)

And, of course: my own. I'm sitting onabout 2.5 cases of an American IPA style beer (think Sierra Nevada), and I just put 6 gallons of a Guinness clone into the secondary fermenter last week. I'm going to be patient with this batch, and bottle it on November 6. It will be ready in time for thanksgiving: but will it be good?

My favorites are: Samuel Smith India Pale Ale (can't really afford it, though), Samuel Adams, and Blue Moon.

If I just want to get drunk while tailgating: Coors Light.

Rickard's Red is the shit. I also like Corona, Guinness, Alexander Keith's, Moosehead and Molson Canadian.

If you like Guinness then you need to try Turbo Dog. I have a local liquor store that stocks about every beer you can thing of; yet, when I buy Tubo Dog the checker always comments on what a good beer it is.

I used to love Alexander Keith's India Pale Ale, but that is only made in Ontario, where I went to school... but I live in the states... so no Alexander Keith's for me! usually I'll drink Bud Light... but I like Sappora, Peroni, Corona, Dos Equis, mostly the lighter beers... nothing to flavored or heavy...

Guiness, Boddington's, Harp, Bass, Anchor Steam, Corona are my faves. Trader Joe's house brand Hefe is pretty good as well, but I tend to like Hefes.

Used to love Caffrey's but I think it's been banned from importing and/or they've stopped making it.

Not a fan of hoppy/bitter ales like IPAs, although I'd take pretty much anything over a Bud. Actually I'd like to do a taste test of a few of the bland American crap beers (Miller, Bud, etc.) and see if I could actually tell a difference.

On Tap: Wydmer Brothers Hefeweizen Hands down. Newcastle comes to a close second.

Bottle: Corona, Newcastle, and Fat tire. I only like Guiness when I'm already buzzed and I can slam it.

Has anyone had Sam Adams Oktoberfest? It should be coming out soon. It's one of the most delicious beers ever concocted.

People actually like Corona? That shit tastes like piss water to me (and that goes for just about ever mexican beer I've had).

J.W. Dundee's Honey Brown Lager, Guinness, Tequiza, Newcastle Nut Brown Ale, Delerium Tremons, and Corsendonk Abbey. Unfortunately I dont usually have access to those beers so I have to settle for Milwaukee's Best Light.

Corona, Amber Bock, Miller Lite, Bud Ice, Dos Equis.

And the king of cheap beers: Natty Ice!

I need to try more though, but I'm sorta limited until I turn the big 2 1 in a few months. I have to say I can't stand Guinness, but maybe I'll give it a try again later on down the line.

chimay.jpg

the blue label is a bit better, but either red or blue is fine with me :)

312_left.jpg

this is a great unfiltered wheat beer. Pretty sure it came out recently.
also like Honker's Ale, which I get in Madison, since they don't carry 312.

lastly....

checkertp2.jpg

DAMN STRAIGHT! :p

[quote name='Pylis']I'm probably alone on this, but I can't stand beer, regardless of what it is.[/QUOTE]
Me too.

But I really like Smirnoff Ice!

bread's done
Back