Favorite Fruits...

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Chika has more experience than I do, but I believe you cut a small hole in the top of the watermelon and dig some out -- fill to the top with vodka of choice, cover the hole, put it back in the fridge. Check on it regularly. When the watermelon starts saying "I've had enough, I'm not going to absorb what you put into me anymore", it's time to slice that puppy up in the method of your choosing and let people at it.

Last time we did it, we just had standard slices, but I've seen people cut it up into small chunks like you'd see in a fruit salad too.

Cranberries![/QUOTE]

:drool: must try that..
I never had cranberries! I've had the juice and I like it.. soo ..I'd imagine I'd like the berries too!
No No, I had DRIED cranberries..if that counts for anything.

[quote name='dallow']Vodka would be the most subtle alcohol for it.

But maybe some gold tequila would work pretty well.[/quote]

Why not rum?

Oh yeah, dates are good too. I use them to sweeten things up instead of sugar in recipes. And cut some dates up in a bowl of fruit and it makes the fruit even better!

[quote name='QiG']Ditto.. although vodka doesn't agree with me. What other liquors would work with that?[/quote]

Not sure about tequila as dallow suggeted... but I suppose if you like strawberry margaritas, it can't be too far off, no? Try it.

If you want to get real creative, you could use a fruit pucker/schnapps, like... watermelon. Or get seriously funky and start adding all sorts of flavors making the watermelon into an excotic fruitpunchmelon... (apple/apricot/peach)... but I'd stick with fruit.

Probably stay away from: gin, whiskey

[quote name='Xevious']Why not rum?[/quote]

White Rum would probably be excellent.

[quote name='homeland']nothing beats a box full of perfect Clementines. Just sucks they are so freaking expensive.[/QUOTE]

Those have to be towards the top of my list as well, and they are to expensive. Also strawberry's, blackberry's, pineapple, apple's, and almost any other fruit.

Had some sliced up mangoes, strawberries and grapes w/ chili powder just now with a tall glass of water.

Mmmmmmmmmm, delicious. :D

[quote name='kainzero']i really wanna try a fresh philippine mango again because those are great. the ones from mexico aren't the same.[/quote]

This. The mangoes from the philippines & india are some of the most juiciest & fruity-flavored mangoes in the world. Yup, sorry mexico, but your mangoes just don't compare.

That vodka watermelon shit sounds good. I might have to try that one day... but maybe with Tequila, since I'm in Mexico and all.[quote name='jaykrue']This. The mangoes from the philippines & india are some of the most juiciest & fruity-flavored mangoes in the world. Yup, sorry mexico, but your mangoes just don't compare.[/quote]

Shut. Up.

...:booty:

Sometimes before work I want to pick up a big fruit cup or something to take in, but why the fuck are they so expensive? Fresh fruit cup for 4.99? No thanks. I picked up some seedless Grapes on the way home and some Kiwis. Haven't had a Kiwi in a long time, but SeanR's favorite made me think of 'em.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Shut. Up.

...:booty:[/quote]

Sorry man. I've had mangoes from pretty much all over the world and the american/mexican mangoes are just bland compared to the ones from the philippines & india. I'd say the only advantage the western hemisphere mangoes have is that they are bigger... but that just means more servings of bland mango. :cry:

With all the vodka melon talk, I suggest flavored vodka. Last time I had it was with raspberry vodka, man it was delicious.

You could try asian supermarkets or filipino supermarkets for sure to get a great mango. Their bananas are okay too, they just don't look appetizing.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Watermelon, and fried chicken.

Oh... wait...[/quote]
No greens? Cmon now! But nothing can go better than a nice, ripe watermelon from the fridge. In my drunken days, we would inject it with Devil Springs brand Vodka (160 proof). Now that I have a wife and kids, I inject it with orange or black cherry kool aid.

Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, bananas, oranges, mangoes, pomegranates, grapes (green), sometimes watermelon, cantaloupe.

You have to be kidding me... you're all actually participating in this?!

This is some serious pre-k shit right here.

I guess I'll start the "what's your favorite pizza topping" OTT next.

Favorite Fruits = LOSE

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']You have to be kidding me... you're all actually participating in this?!

Favorite Fruits = LOSE[/quote]

GTFO.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']You have to be kidding me... you're all actually participating in this?!

Favorite Fruits = LOSE[/quote]
That's pretty sick.

Fave fruit, and fave topping are the same for me.

Pineapple.

Damn. I just had some slices of summer ripe watermelon after coming in from 90 degree heat. That friggin hit the spot.

Completely forgot about the liquor infusion, though.

[quote name='Derwood43']Oritos ftw[/quote]

I saw those for the first time at the grocery store today (they were just called mini bananas, though. I had to google them). They must be good, as there was only one little bunch left, and they were only there because they didn't look too great.

[quote name='Moxio']Grapples?[/quote]

Those are great, I wish they were cheaper though. :/

[quote name='dallow']That's pretty sick.

Fave fruit, and fave topping are the same for me.

Pineapple.[/quote]

Pineapple is my favorite Pizza topping also. It just tastes great on Pizza.

[quote name='jaykrue']This. The mangoes from the philippines & india are some of the most juiciest & fruity-flavored mangoes in the world. Yup, sorry mexico, but your mangoes just don't compare.[/QUOTE]

Correct.

Apples and pears may not be exciting, but they still do it for me. Clementines are good too, since they give you citrusy goodness without having to deal with a thick skin or seeds.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Had some sliced up mangoes, strawberries and grapes w/ chili powder just now with a tall glass of water.

Mmmmmmmmmm, delicious. :D[/QUOTE]

I've always had a hard time slicing mangoes. :cry:

I usually eat a bag of apples a day. That answer your question? ;)

And no, the apples don't treat my digestive track very well, but they're so delicious. Strawberries are at a close second though.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Apples and pears may not be exciting, but they still do it for me. Clementines are good too, since they give you citrusy goodness without having to deal with a thick skin or seeds.

I've always had a hard time slicing mangoes. :cry:[/QUOTE]

What? I usually just cut the four sides off and then chew the fruit off the core middle.

Filipino Mangos are the shit. Mango shake, dried mangoes, raw... I really don't care they are all good. Best fruit ever.

bread's done
Back