Favorite Horror Movie in Honor of All Hallows Eve

thebob101

CAGiversary!
Feedback
245 (100%)
Did this a couple of years ago, don't know if there is another thread for this (if there is, MODs please delete). My favorite horror movies have changed over the years and some haven't held their scary factor as the years go by, but I still remember them as being scary.

These are my favorite childhood Horror movies:

Phantasm
Prophecy
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Halloween

Adult horror movie favorites are:

Event Horizon
Resident Evil
Interview with a Vampire

I always enjoy the Nightmare On Elm Street and Halloween movies. While I work on Halloween this year, maybe I can finally get around to watching Poltergeist or Exorcist. I remember subscribing to Netflix hoping to catch up on old movies and that plan hasn't panned out very well so far.

So many to choose from...Phantasm is on up there, any of the Romero dead trilogy comes close as does Susperia. But, if I gotta pick one, it's probably the Evil Dead.

The first Nightmare on Elm Street scared the piss out of me. I am also really freaked out by Japanese ghost flicks like The Ring and The Grudge. My biggest fear is of fast moving zombies like the new Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later, etc. The old slow zombies I can deal with, just bob and weave and run.

Psycho_Alfred_Hitchcock_movie_poster.jpg

For the Halloween movie marathon's climax, I always go with Halloween, then turn on Halloween 2 as I submit to my depression realizing it's now November 1st. If I don't fall asleep I put on Ghost Hunters. That puts me to sleep every time. I actually watch it when I suffer from insomnia. Only thing that could put me to sleep faster than Ghost Hunters is somebody hitting me over the head with a hammer.

Damn, check out this movie poster commissioned for Mondotees. Really need to sub to their newsletter again so I don't miss buying their good shit.

MONDO-TrT-ALT-add.png

bread's done
Back