favorite tv show?

Right now? The Walking Dead, Ghost Adventures, and Modern Family.

All-time? Boy Meets World, Whose Line Is It Anyway?, and LOST.

Right now most of AMC's shows: Mad Men, The Killing, Breaking Bad, and The Walking Dead. As far as other shows go, there's quite a few: Burn Notice, The Office (US and British versions), Flight of the Conchords, Misfits (UK), The IT Crowd, Da Ali G Show, Aqua Teen Hunger Force...the list goes on.

game of thrones tied with the misfits and justified. shit need to add deadwood ,carnivale and the inbetweeners. sorry i dont have one favorite i like alot of shows. oh yeah and black books.

Last edited by a moderator:
Current: Big Bang Theory(hate the fact that the NCAA playoffs is cancelling out the usual Thursday night episodes on CBS for now:roll: though they play 2 episodes a night in syndication on the local Fox affiliate between 7-8pm 7 days a week)

Some other favorites: Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Venture Brothers and on a weird note: Are You Being Served?("Britcom"). It just sucks that the only way to see that last show anymore is grabbing the DVD's, since the local PBS station stopped showing that in the 11-11:30pm slot it used to be in.

Don't watch a whole lot of tv now aside from sunday nights on fox or sports of some kind, but I used to love MTV back in the 90s. Beavis and Butthead, Daria, and Celebrity Deathmatch.

[quote name='JStryke']Don't watch a whole lot of tv now aside from sunday nights on fox or sports of some kind, but I used to love MTV back in the 90s. Beavis and Butthead, Daria, and Celebrity Deathmatch.[/QUOTE]
I assume you watched the new Beavis and Butthead episodes they did this past year then?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I assume you watched the new Beavis and Butthead episodes they did this past year then?[/QUOTE]

Indeed. It was still good, but I wish they stuck with more music videos. Those were always fun to listen to.

I also (unfortunately) watched the reboot of Celebrity Deathmatch.

Current shows, currently tied between "2 Broke Girls" & "Whitney"

Past shows it's gotta be tied between "Designing Women" & "Golden Girls"

Current: Dexter

Overall (all above Dexter):
Futurama
Arrested Development
The Simpsons
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Angel
Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law
Firefly

Current: Workaholics, walking dead, dexter, 24 (just started). All time favorites:prison break, breaking bad, 90s tv (saved by the bell, fresh prince, etc.) and a shit load of cartoons (simpsons, south park, etc.)

[quote name='JStryke']Indeed. It was still good, but I wish they stuck with more music videos. Those were always fun to listen to.

I also (unfortunately) watched the reboot of Celebrity Deathmatch.[/QUOTE]
They rebooted Celebrity Deathmatch? I guess I didn't hear about it since MTV was one of the channels that they eliminated when we downgraded our cable package we have with Comcast.
[quote name='praxus07']Current shows, currently tied between "2 Broke Girls" & "Whitney"

Past shows it's gotta be tied between "Designing Women" & "Golden Girls"[/QUOTE]
I also like 2 Broke Girls(and Mike & Molly n even Two & A Half Men), but it's not one of those shows that I absolutely have to remember to watch. If I remember it's Monday night and I check the on screen tv schedule n it says it's a NEW episode I'll probably make an effort to watch it.

What a tough question...lol. I will name a few favorites, since all of the shows are different:

The Walking Dead
Impractical Jokers (funniest show ever)
Law & Order: SVU
Top Chef
WWE Raw/Smackdown
New Girl
Eastbound and Down

Favorites of all time that are no longer with us:

Married with Children
Heroes
Arrested Development

[quote name='mightymek']
Favorites of all time that are no longer with us:

Married with Children[/QUOTE]
You can watch some episodes of MWC on Crackle(available from the home page on the PS3's internet browser and/or from crackle.com.

Another alternative is TBS, which shows at least two hours of the show every morning very early in the morning.

But be warned that apparently they couldn't secure the rights to Frank Sinatra's version of Love & Marriage for the opening sequence and now it's some sort of weird instrumental version that sounds nothing like the old version.:roll:

Broadcast networks, probably Big Bang Theory. Cable would be Game of Thrones.

Though my girlfriend has gotten me into Once Upon a Time as well. Dude who plays Rumpelstiltskin is awesome.

[quote name='PR Mega X']I've got plenty, but right now I just need to say fuck all of you for not listing Archer.[/QUOTE]
I would if I still had FX on my cable lineup. But that's another channel that Comcrap nuked when I decided to lower my cable package by one tier. Mind ya, I rarely watched FX, so that was no big loss for the most part. But I DO miss TBS, TNT, MSNBC/CNBC, SciFi(or however it's spelled anymore) and Headline News.

I've stumbled upon this thread three times now, and I still don't know the answer.

The only shows I watched every time it aired were from when I was a kid (X-Men, Exo-Squad, and Rescue Rangers), but I don't know if I'd call any of them my favorite shows.

I've seen every Futurama, Family Guy, and Pawn Stars, but I'm not sure I'd call those my favorite shows either. Well, Futurama is great, but I wouldn't feel like I missed something if it got canceled (again). New Family Guy has only had a handful of episodes that were as good as the original run.

I have guilty pleasure watching America's Worst Chefs, Gold Rush, and Axe Men, but I don't really care of I miss weeks of it.

I guess the closest thing to my favorite show might be Top Chef.

Sat through half a marathon of season one of Walking Dead, but eh. Never been a big zombie fan.

I've liked what I've seen of Adventure Time, but the GF hates it, and they don't have full seasons on DVD, so I haven't seen much.

Haven't watched Game of Thrones, but only really because I've been playing RPGs on consoles instead of handhelds again.

I don't know why this question is so hard for me to answer. Guess I just don't get that excited about TV and movies.

[quote name='elessar123']I've stumbled upon this thread three times now, and I still don't know the answer.

The only shows I watched every time it aired were from when I was a kid (X-Men, Exo-Squad, and Rescue Rangers), but I don't know if I'd call any of them my favorite shows.

I've seen every Futurama, Family Guy, and Pawn Stars, but I'm not sure I'd call those my favorite shows either. Well, Futurama is great, but I wouldn't feel like I missed something if it got canceled (again). New Family Guy has only had a handful of episodes that were as good as the original run.

I have guilty pleasure watching America's Worst Chefs, Gold Rush, and Axe Men, but I don't really care of I miss weeks of it.

I guess the closest thing to my favorite show might be Top Chef.

Sat through half a marathon of season one of Walking Dead, but eh. Never been a big zombie fan.

I've liked what I've seen of Adventure Time, but the GF hates it, and they don't have full seasons on DVD, so I haven't seen much.

Haven't watched Game of Thrones, but only really because I've been playing RPGs on consoles instead of handhelds again.

I don't know why this question is so hard for me to answer. Guess I just don't get that excited about TV and movies.[/QUOTE]
You mentioned both Gold Rush Alaska and Adventure Time. I started watching Gold Rush last year sometime, but I realized that more than 30% of the show is a recap of the prior week's show pretty quickly. Not to mention they put in so much 'drama'. There's always one crew member or another storming off in a PMS-esque tantrum, only to come back before the end of the episode or even worse, they stay away till the next week's episode to create even more drama.

As for Adventure Time, I haven't really watched that show, but I did get into Regular Show(and on occasion the Amazing World Of Gumball). Best episode of Gumball thus far is when they get swindled at the Gamestop-esque shop and their dad tries to go in there to get a refund.:lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

I also like 2 Broke Girls(and Mike & Molly n even Two & A Half Men), but it's not one of those shows that I absolutely have to remember to watch. If I remember it's Monday night and I check the on screen tv schedule n it says it's a NEW episode I'll probably make an effort to watch it.[/QUOTE]

There's really very few tv shows that are Must Watch for me. The list is basically 2 Broke Girls, Whitney, Hot in Cleveland, Happily Divorced, Cougar Town, Raising Hope, Modern Family, The Middle, Last Man Standing, Family Guy, American Dad, Bob's Burgers, Archer, and 30 Rock.

I also watch a few dramas, Harry's Law, Once Upon a Time, GCB, Body of Proof, Grimm, and L&O:SVU/UK. That's basically all I really enjoy watching.

Psshaw..forget schedules, I download all my tv shows anymore, so no watching at broadcast time, and all the commercials are cut out ;)

NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, and The Mentalist.

Good call on Are You Being Served?. Excellent show. The only other Britcom I like as much as that is Fawlty Towers.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']They rebooted Celebrity Deathmatch? I guess I didn't hear about it since MTV was one of the channels that they eliminated when we downgraded our cable package we have with Comcast.[/QUOTE]

I think it was on MTV2 actually. It wasn't very good. Mills Lane no longer voiced Mills Lane (I think he has some sort of throat cancer or something?) and instead of claymation, it was computer generated graphics. The claymation, at least to me, was part of the appeal. I could have looked past that, but the way the fights went on...between not having the charm, the way they did the blood...it turned me off. I swear, a papercut would cause somebody to bleed 50 gallons of blood. It was ridiculous.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Good call on Are You Being Served?. Excellent show. The only other Britcom I like as much as that is Fawlty Towers.[/QUOTE]
What amazes me about AYBS is how many of the cast members have actually passed away and more shocking was which cast members were still around. I mean, I naturally assumed that the guy who played Mr. Grainger was gone, but I was shocked that until just three years ago Molly Sugden(Mrs. Slocombe) was still with us. Frank Thornton(Captain Peacock) is still around and I believe up till a few years ago he was still acting even. He's 91 now.

But both John Inman(Mr. Humphries) and Wendy Richards(Miss Brahms) are dead. Back when she was still alive, Wendy Richards sent me an autographed photo after I sent a note to her website.
[quote name='JStryke']I think it was on MTV2 actually. It wasn't very good. Mills Lane no longer voiced Mills Lane (I think he has some sort of throat cancer or something?) and instead of claymation, it was computer generated graphics. The claymation, at least to me, was part of the appeal. I could have looked past that, but the way the fights went on...between not having the charm, the way they did the blood...it turned me off. I swear, a papercut would cause somebody to bleed 50 gallons of blood. It was ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
So you're saying the reboot was like any of the Mortal Kombat games, where people bleed geysers of crimson? So how many MTV networks are there anymore and....do any of them actually show videos aside from at 3am?:lol:

All time favorite shows:
1. Married With Children
2. Golden Girls
3. South Park
4. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
5. Roseanne

Wow, reading these responses does make me feel that people in general have poor taste in tv programs, but that's okay I guess.

Top of the list are Doctor Who and Quantum Leap. But since I watch too much tv and video, like so many Americans, I can't really give that long of a list. Let's just say the current Thursday NBC schedule, Raising Hope, and Supernatural.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']So you're saying the reboot was like any of the Mortal Kombat games, where people bleed geysers of crimson? So how many MTV networks are there anymore and....do any of them actually show videos aside from at 3am?:lol:[/QUOTE]

Well...Beavis and Butthead occasionally had a music video clip and that was on at 10pm... But yeah, it seems to be non existent anymore.

And as far as I know, there are only 2 MTV channels. Makes me wish I had VH1 Classic though. I'd watch the shit out of that.

I'd have to go with Seinfeld for all time, with Deadwood and the Shield not far behind.

Current faves Archer, Breaking Bad, and Community.

bread's done
Back