FEAR / FEAR Files - Gen. Discussion & Info

I'm playing it on the hardest difficulty and it took about 2hrs to beat lvl 1 :D Game is fucking great. Haven't had this much fun on FPS Halo 2 came out.

While the framerate is good, it's not rock steady. Go outside and turn a corner near with a lot of buildings. It will dip below 30.

Now, my one complaint with the single player game- There are periods of quietness where you are wondering around, and then you'll notice health packs. That's a sure sign you're about to run into a pack on enemies. The pacing seems a little predictable. Verse-chorus-verse. I hope it changes later in the game, I'm on the fourth chapter.

Also while the AI will flank you; it almost always better to maintain a single position with you back to the wall and let them come to you. Seeking them out leads to a loss of health.

I played it on the PC last year, but I got the 360 one for almost nothing, so far so good. Didn't bother with the campaign though, just doing Instant action. I just don't like the lack of hit detection. One second my health is at the max, the next second, i'm down to 10. Oh well, i'll prob. shelf it when GOW and COD 3 arrive next week. If you never played the PC version, by all means get it.

[quote name='mvp828']^^^^^^ How did you get it for next to nothing?[/QUOTE]

I had a $50 EB card that someone gave to me, so I just added $10 out of pocket to pay for it.

Wow finally played it last night and all I can say is aweome! I mean I played until 6:15 morning cause I was having so much fun on Live and lost all track of time

So where is the excitement behind this game? It all has sort of tapered off...in light of GoW, eh? I'm still thinking whether or not I should return this for GoW.

Its an awesome game, I guess cause its old technically and since GOW is currently casting a giagantic shadow on any other game out there.

Played it twice.. awesome game.. definitely hasn't got much notice on the 360.

Think I might try going back through again next for some of the achievements I missed.

[quote name='deadite76']F.E.A.R.: Control and Conquer All Map Pack is available for free:

Name: Control and Conquer All Map Pack
Price: Free
Availability: Not available in Asia or Mexico
Dash Details: Download this FREE map pack and unlock the ability to play two new Multiplayer Modes, “Control” and “Conquer All,” on all your original FEAR multiplayer maps. In Control you capture areas of the map and must keep them from being recaptured by enemy forces. In Conquer All mode, your scoring is based on how many kills your team racks up and how many control points you have at the end of the round. Capture all 5 five control points to end the round early! Revisit of some of your favorite maps like, Rubble, Campus and Docks with a brand new twist!!
Size: 119.9 MB (approx.)
[/quote]

This title-update for F.E.A.R. adds the Control and Conquer All modes to multiplayer game play. Control and Conquer All are both new team game modes that pit each team in against each other in a struggle to dominate different control points on the map. Teams dominate control points by standing in proximity of the point and eliminating any enemies that come near the point.

In Control there are 3 control points on a map. Your team gains points based on the amount of time a control point is in their possession—the more control points your team has the faster your team gains points. The team with the most points at the end of the round wins.

In Conquer All there are 5 control points on the map. If either team can hold all 5 points at one time they win. If no team can control all 5 points simultaneously then the winning team is decided by points. Teams get 10 points for each control point taken, 10 points for each enemy point neutralized and 1 point for each kill.

To play Control or Conquer All on the maps that shipped with F.E.A.R. download the free Control and Conquer All pack which adds the control points to the maps.

The title update also makes F.E.A.R. compatible with new maps that will be made available for purchase throughout the summer.

In addition to adding the new game modes to F.E.A.R. multiplayer the title update also makes it so a host in a Player Match can invite Friends to public slots as well as private slots.

Blood splatter has been added to enemy uniforms after being shot to make combat more visceral.

Players now have a full HUD fade option in the HUD fade speed slider to make game play more cinematic. Players who choose this option will only see HUD elements when they are needed.
Anyone still playing this? I'd love to get in on some CAG matches.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Anyone still playing this? I'd love to get in on some CAG matches.[/QUOTE]
I don't have, but I am interested

Nice that they are reviving this game. Multi for me is hit or miss skill wise though. Some games, I can go 30-5, and then the next game, I will go 20-25. I don't get it sometimes.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Anyone still playing this? I'd love to get in on some CAG matches.[/QUOTE]

Nope, but I still have it. I'll have to check out this update today.

I think I am gonna bust it back out tonight or tomorrow night. Love this game, but it just got so screwed over by Gears and all the other big games that came out at that time (R6: Vegas, NFS: Carbon) at least for me it did. Although in my opinion it is much more fun than GOW and NFS.

Damn that updated really increased the blood splatter. Shit. I don't remember the entire screen going red, when you cut someone in half with the shotgun :)

I agree with MVP, this game came out at a bad time. I was having lots of fun with it till GOW and R6V. Now that Darkness didn't play as well as I hoped, its good to be back on FEAR

I'm in but timing sucks...I can be on after 10 pacific usually, later on Friday-Sun. I could skip out a few Chromehounds matches on Tuesday and join whoever is down.

I will play, just let me know when, the only problem is that there are times when I work every night and times when I have a week off at night ( I work for a baseball team doing clean-up after games).

What about late Fridays? like 10:30p/12:30c/1:30e...dammit...I know its bad timing for CT/ET. Im in the process of moving out, hopefully within the next month my schedule should be a lot more open.

Linkin, that might actually work for me tonight, I will send you a friend request right now and then as soon as I get home from work I will check to see if you are on.

Fair warning, I am gonna suck at first cause I haven't played F.E.A.R in about 3-4 months.

FEAR Files coming this Fall

Vivendi today announced a new expansion pack for the Xbox 360 version of Fear, to be called F.E.A.R. Files. It includes the new F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate campaign (to be released on PC), where you'll be able to play through the original game from other peoples eyes - a different perspective of what happened. Included is also Extraction Point, the already released PC expansion. No Playstation 3 version was mentioned, release this fall, and you can find the first images inside.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_4584_en.html

From teamxbox.com

While there aren’t a lot of details about F.E.A.R. Files we can give you at this point, the interesting note that Vivendi did pass along was that the game will come on two discs, and because it’s a bundle that is essentially being considered two games in one, it will be the first Xbox 360 game box to offer 2000 achievement points in a single retail package.

No word of weather it will be available as DLC as well...but I'm thinking about trading my copy in now, and picking it up again later.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']From teamxbox.com

No word of weather it will be available as DLC as well...but I'm thinking about trading my copy in now, and picking it up again later.[/QUOTE]

Crap. Right after I just picked this up again too. Double dips :(

Oh nice, 2000 points...but wait a second....

i only got 75 points from FEAR after a complete play through!! lol

Ill still pick up FEAR files though, FEAR was def a good game and im glad i didnt miss out on it last winter.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']No word of weather it will be available as DLC as well...but I'm thinking about trading my copy in now, and picking it up again later.[/quote]Look, it's the Tomb Raider Anniversary scenario all over again. :roll:

Bethesda said it time and time again that they wouldn't do a physical media version of Shivering Isles, and look, here it is coming in September.

The folks behind Tomb Raider Anniversary haven't commented on it, save a half-comment about TRL + TRA being bundled together in one package. Hopefully, they'll make a stand-alone release for TRA as well, instead of just DLCing it.

I hope the folks behind F.E.A.R. do the same thing as well, and not just make F.E.A.R. + F.E.A.R. Files as a single retail package. We don't need another COD2/COD3/M: UA scenario with the GOTY and Gold Editions about.

i really liked this when it came out, got put on the shelf. now i picked it up to go through the campaign and am not seeing why this game is thought of so favorably. im bummed, this was one of those,"that games gonna be awesome" games i have in my backlog, and so far its not at all. the aiming and overall feel isnt right, feels like a pc fps not optimized for a console.

how long is the campaign?

"Bonus Map Pack." The new content adds three multiplayer levels to the Xbox 360 version of F.E.A.R.:

Ecosphere - lush vegetation provides plenty of hiding places for sniping
Hotel - a dilapidated building
Sewars - don't get lost in these twisting tunnels

Going to download these when I get home. Hopefully they are up.
Also mentioned in the AUG 07 XBLM forum.

So, does this still get some good online play? I only tried the demo and thought it was average at best....but with a $30 price tag and free content, I'm tempted.

Anyone still play, is it worth it?

[quote name='doubledown']So, does this still get some good online play? I only tried the demo and thought it was average at best....but with a $30 price tag and free content, I'm tempted.

Anyone still play, is it worth it?[/QUOTE]

Yes people play this online all the time. I was playing it yesterday and there was people playing in almost every game type.

Single player game is great if you have never played it before.

I'd be happy to trade off my existing copy of FEAR if we could have some confirmation about FEAR Files having FEAR + the new expansion.

[quote name='shrike4242']I'd be happy to trade off my existing copy of FEAR if we could have some confirmation about FEAR Files having FEAR + the new expansion.[/quote]
QFT.

THREE GAMES. ONE BOX.

Oh wait, this is F.E.A.R

I mean TWO GAMES. ONE BOX.

I just seems like a waste to copy the Orange Box when theres less games (or was their slogan 5 games 1 box? I can't remember). Also, does it seem like there is more blood in the trailer?

bread's done
Back