FEAR / FEAR Files - Gen. Discussion & Info

F.E.A.R. Files includes the brand new Perseus Mandate campaign developed by TimeGate Studios as well as the award-winning expansion pack Extraction Point created by Day One Studios.

I have heard no mention yet of the original title included as well.

[quote name='doubledown']So, it has been confirmed to have BOTH games in one box? I have never really played FEAR, so this seems like a good idea.[/quote]Same here. I was about to trade it in towards H3, though when I read the OXM article, it didn't make it clear if it was included or not. Same vagueness that Tomb Raider Anniversary is saddled with ATM.

Glad they didn't put in retarded achievements like with the first game. (crap like getting the Real Time achievement just took the fun out of the game)

Demo for FEAR Files is up:
Content: F.E.A.R. Files: Extraction Point Demo
Price: Free
Availability: Canada and United States
Dash Text: [ESRB: M (Mature) Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Strong Language] F.E.A.R. Files combines the award winning F.E.A.R.: Extraction Point with the brand new F.E.A.R.: Perseus Mandate in one terrifying package. This demo based off of the events in Extraction Point showcases the hyper-stylized action and paranormal horror that define F.E.A.R. Engage the Replica soliders and powerful supernatural entities in close quarters combat with a powerful arsenal, including the new Minigun. Highly destructible environments and combat adaptable AI bring the action to life in this follow up to the critically acclaimed F.E.A.R.
Size: 584.87 MB

meh, I'm waiting for Project Origin.

I also thought F.E.A.R. for the Xbox 360 sucked something HARD. Attrocious voice-acting, tired level design, poorly-executed paranormal stuff, borring cut-scenes, and just screaming of overal low-quality.

This just released from Gamefly today. Looking forward to it. Any estimates on the hours I can expect to drop into the single player campaign?

I scored last copy at Toysrus today. I wonder it worth $17.19 after taxes or not ? I read the review is very good. I wonder how is the gameplay compare to Condemend 1 & 2 ??

[quote name='Masterkyo']I scored last copy at Toysrus today. I wonder it worth $17.19 after taxes or not ? I read the review is very good. I wonder how is the gameplay compare to Condemend 1 & 2 ??[/QUOTE]

Doesn't play at all like condemned. FEAR is a straight up shooter, you always have guns and lots of ammo. Only thing it has in common with Condemned is a creepy athmosphere and a first person perspective.

I prefer FEAR slightly as the slow pace and melee combat in Condemned are getting old for me (and I'm only a bit past half way through the 1st one).

Hmmm... I think I will have to actually go back and play this game and beat it. I bought it at release, and then stopped playing it because R6V, Gears, and a couple other games got released.

bread's done
Back