FGT 14 wants to fight whoever wrote MVC3's netcode

K so I started playing MvC3 not enjoying myself much at all, but now that I've had more time with it I'm enjoying it.

So far I suck ass but can only really play Captain America, Super Skrull, and Hulk.

I really am enjoying Hulk in this one. He's way more fun than in the 2D games.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Dumb ass thread title.[/QUOTE]

I'll change it in a bit. There's totally a reason for it that I'll explain later.

Pretty set on my MvC3 team now: Deadpool (Trigger Happy)/Wesker (Samurai Edge)/Doctor Doom (Molecular Shield). Setting up tricks with Wesker/Doom is so much fun.

[quote name='heavyd853']interrupting a mans marvel games with phone calls is a dangerous thing.[/QUOTE]

I can tell. Dude, you were mean. Like I don't think I even wanna have anything to do with you anymore.

After Beef sees the thread title and we get the remainder of the laughs, I'll change the title to something reasonable.

Took 2nd in that Marvel tournament today. My execution was straight garbage, I dropped like a million combos. Had to sit on a bar stool and hold the stick in my lap... not what I am used to at all.

Not making excuses though, lost to a good Wolverine / Zero / Dormammu player.

[quote name='heavyd853']interrupting a mans marvel games with phone calls is a dangerous thing.[/QUOTE]

LOL so true

One of my best friends called me yesterday but because I was playing MVC3, I didn't answer. Part of me thought it was super important, they'll leave me a message :)

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Took 2nd in that Marvel tournament today. My execution was straight garbage, I dropped like a million combos. Had to sit on a bar stool and hold the stick in my lap... not what I am used to at all.

Not making excuses though, lost to a good Wolverine / Zero / Dormammu player.[/QUOTE]

Nice!

Top 3 payout?

Did you end up running IM/Deadpool/Sent?

[quote name='asianxcore']Nice!

Top 3 payout?

Did you end up running IM/Deadpool/Sent?[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but I really should've won. I just played like absolute shit. I lost 2 straight sets in Grand Finals. First one 0 to 3 running IM/Deadpool/Sent. Second set, I replaced Deadpool with Dante and lost it 2 to 3. In the final match, my Sentinel and IM ended up getting caught up in Wolverine shenanigans in the beginning of the match so my Sentinel got knocked down to like 25% health (although I was able to recover most of this) and IM to about 45% - 50%.

The guy that beat me I actually put into loser's (decisively, I might add) earlier in the tournament. I just played like garb in the finals. The hype got to me a bit I guess.

2nd only paid out 30 bucks. Better than nothing... and I did win a Toki Doki / Marvel hoodie as a door prize.

Playing on pad makes shit mad confusing in Marvel. I'm really regretting leaving my stick at home when I had a chance to take it with me. I'll remedy that in a week or two.

Game is really growing on me. The more I play, the more I feel like it flows absurdly well.

[quote name='kainzero']i feel like mvc3 is just guilty gear + tag + x-factor[/QUOTE]

I don't see a whole lot wrong with that.

Though I feel like it's more Melty Blood than Guilty Gear... at least, with the way the aerial attacks work.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Thanks, but I really should've won. I just played like absolute shit. I lost 2 straight sets in Grand Finals. First one 0 to 3 running IM/Deadpool/Sent. Second set, I replaced Deadpool with Dante and lost it 2 to 3. In the final match, my Sentinel and IM ended up getting caught up in Wolverine shenanigans in the beginning of the match so my Sentinel got knocked down to like 25% health (although I was able to recover most of this) and IM to about 45% - 50%.

The guy that beat me I actually put into loser's (decisively, I might add) earlier in the tournament. I just played like garb in the finals. The hype got to me a bit I guess.

2nd only paid out 30 bucks. Better than nothing... and I did win a Toki Doki / Marvel hoodie as a door prize.[/QUOTE]

You were about 10 minutes from my apartment :wave:

I would have stopped by if I wasn't working.

I do too. I mean, yeah, it can be used for some bullshit... but it's Marvel. I can forgive a lot given that balance has never been the series' goal.

Though I guess that's kind of a frustrating, unsatisfying answer. I suppose I'd be more bothered if I viewed the game as more than just a "fun" fighter like Hokuto no Ken or Melty Blood.

maaaaan fukk this game!!

I have a hrd enough time scrubbing it up against scrubs!!

then sum scrub decides to use Sentinal and I cant do anything about it!!!

I'm so shio ramen rite now!!

SHIO!!!

DO U UNDERSTAND WHAT IT MEANS?!?!

About as serious as MacGuyver.

Man, Patron loves me.

Imma become a tournament level KOFXI player. Oswald combos coming for you.

NEED fucking NEED VF5 Final Showdown Revision A. It's only like the 7th version of VF5.

yo if 09-10 was the return of the fighter than 11-12 will be the return of the VS series, we already got Marvel, TTT, and that new one with Tekken and SF, and I guess with SF and Tekken.. now all we need is for the stars to align and to produce CvS3.

Think I'm going to head to the Marvel tournament at University Pinball today. I really need to get my stick dual-modded, though. I don't think I can play in this one cause it's on PS3 lol.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Think I'm going to head to the Marvel tournament at University Pinball today. I really need to get my stick dual-modded, though. I don't think I can play in this one cause it's on PS3 lol.[/QUOTE]

I just started really playing on the PS3 version earlier today (minus 3 matches with Uraizen last week)

-Slowdown when too much is going on (uhhhh)
-Even with the game installed the game takes forever to even load characters from the select screen

After playing the 360 version non-stop all week, I'm sort of disappointed Capcom dropped the ball on the PS3 version.

[quote name='asianxcore']I just started really playing on the PS3 version earlier today (minus 3 matches with Uraizen last week)

-Even with the game installed the game takes forever to even load characters from the select screen

After playing the 360 version non-stop all week, I'm sort of disappointed Capcom dropped the ball on the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

I got both versions too, and I prefer the 360 version. Though for me I've put in more time in the PS3 version due to having that one come in first.

[quote name='asianxcore']I just started really playing on the PS3 version earlier today (minus 3 matches with Uraizen last week)

After playing the 360 version non-stop all week, I'm sort of disappointed Capcom dropped the ball on the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

Lame. I wish that they just had the tournament on 360.

Welcome to the fold :evil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBXyB7niEc0

Also I think the 360 online matches against randoms have less lag than PS3, but that's probably because of less wireless users on 360.

[quote name='suko_32']Also I think the 360 online matches against randoms have less lag than PS3, but that's probably because of less wireless users on 360.[/QUOTE]

What's really weird is I have a hard time constantly connecting to Online Matches of any kind of 360. Which isn't common to a lot of people/friends I've talked to.

With the PS3, out of the maybe 10+ matches I've attempted online so far, I've been able to connect to 9 of them from first try.

It's odd to see people on SRK mention they haven't experienced any framerate issues on the PS3 version. I played Offline, called a Magneto Assist, Sent Fly xx Stomp xx BnB and the CPU had an Assist out as well, as soon as I started to combo in the air I noticed it.

I knew there was slowdown! I played my fair share of the 360 one and noticed it when I went to the PS3 one. Capcom can't do a single fucking decent port apparently. Oh well, this is why I got the 360 version too, it just hasn't come in yet.

I hate this game online. I drop shit all of the time from the slightest delay. I can't even get runaway guns to come out half the time with Deadpool. Sentinel is good, but he's going to be godlike online since he's got all day to confirm his combos.

Either way, GGs Jimbo. Let's play (and rage) again later.

i've noticed slowdown today too on the 360. game would literally pause for like a tenth of a second or something... and i was playing against my brother.

i haven't touched online. online fighting just doesn't seem fun anymore.

also i still hate x-factor, even though felicia has shoshosho in x-fac 2 and 3.

this game is maad dumb.

like Im using Ammy / Skrull / X23 and scrubbing my way to maintain 50% wins.

I accidentally hit random team and got stuck with Arthur / Dante / someone else,

so I'm like whatever, I'll jus play,

and I straight up DESTROYED this fool!!

Arthur is so cheap!! throw knives all day, hit confirm into super, and when the opponent does get in you still have your regular attacks.

Dante is brutal. Just hit every button and he does stuff. All u gotta do is get in and make your opponent scared and guessing.

I dont even kno why I bother using the characters I use... other than X23 coz she's hella cheap and scrubby too,

but dang I may as well bust out Zero and Sentinal and all these other ez mode characters so I feel like I have more approachable access to the win button.

[quote name='kainzero']i've noticed slowdown today too on the 360. game would literally pause for like a tenth of a second or something... and i was playing against my brother.

i haven't touched online. online fighting just doesn't seem fun anymore.

also i still hate x-factor, even though felicia has shoshosho in x-fac 2 and 3.[/QUOTE]

Does the 360 version drop the frame rate in the pre-fight stuff? The PS3 version seems to drop to 30fps, and then goes back to 60 when the fight starts.

bread's done
Back