FGT #15 answers the age-old question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Yeah good point. I have a feeling SFvT will have a loose linking based system (similar to Tekken, actually)[/QUOTE]

At the very least you know that at least one of those two titles will have a Chaining System. The footage that was shown at Captivate reminded me of Rival Schools.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']:boxing:[/QUOTE]

That game will forever be the thing that ties our friendship. Shit-talking CVS2.

i was just thinking how sick it'd be if sissel was in mvc3.

or maybe it'd just be sick if mvc3 was in ghost trick.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']fuck yes! finally! I gots internet!

good to come back to the net and find a ton of SFvsT stuff[/QUOTE]
funny-dog-pictures-surprise-pug.jpg

[quote name='kainzero']there's a new patch for mvc3. here are the patch notes[/QUOTE]
lol I love it. :D

So true.

Also I'm getting MvC3 shortly, PS3. Cannot wait to experience dogshit netcode again.

It'll be like the day I played Tekken 6 online. Or the day I played Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection Online online.

Good times.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']
IT'S CHESS BAYBEE!!!![/QUOTE]
commentator just said

"white has a mess of pawns"

hahaha

EDIT:
"and the pawn would be like 'yum yum here i come!'"

forget high level play

he's talking about
"grandmaster play"
"grandmasters do this all the time"

"this stupid rook on a2"
"if i get this guy on the game, we playin' chess"

[quote name='kainzero']there's a new patch for mvc3. here are the patch notes[/QUOTE]

Every bit of Patch News regarding MVC3 always brings out people STILL wanting to talk about Sentinel. Even when he's not part of the update :lol:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']$25,000 chess money matches.

Chess at Evo.

Book it.

Mad Catz ChessBoard Tournament Edition.

Checkmate while wearing my Gunnar shades.[/QUOTE]$25,000?!?!?!

real talk, Hankme isnt even worth $2.50

[quote name='JEKKI']$25,000?!?!?!

real talk, Hankme isnt even worth $2.50[/QUOTE]

And you're barely worth 2 packs of Maruchan Oriental flavor ramen, JERKKI. :nottalking:

[quote name='Paco']KOF XIII is now announced. BOOMSHAKALAKALAKA[/QUOTE]

Link?

MK9...Midnight Tomorrow @ my local GS...WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

[quote name='asianxcore']Link?

MK9...Midnight Tomorrow @ my local GS...WOOOOOOOOOOOOO[/QUOTE]

Yo bro, I got 'dat hookup.

http://shoryuken.com/content/king-fighters-xiii-info-console-release-4257/

[quote name='asianxcore']Nice!

Definitely excited about that. SFSU has KOFXII at 50 cents on a Showcase, but I hate burning the gas/toll to get out there every time I want to play it.

Also, I think it's hilarious that MK9 has a Fatality that nods back to MK Vs. DC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvubtXqHkoc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pf9ox0S_RU[/QUOTE]

You're complaining about that distance AsianXcore? I oughta smack you right now for that. I drove from god damn Central to play that KOF XIIIs. 40-50 dollars in gas plus toll plus the 4-5 hours total drive.

The game looks to have the makings to be a solid fighter. I'm not very good at it, but it would rank up there with MoTW. The visuals are top notch, kind of makes you wish what would SF4 looked like in sprites.

Only problem is going to be the netcode. KoF12 had one of the worst.

That's pretty bold, right there. I'd like something that's on the level of KOF XI, which is in my top 5 fighters of all time, but I just have a tough time believing SNKP could deliver something even remotely competent anymore... Comparing it to MOTW is a good sign.

[quote name='Chacrana']So is KOF XIII actually good? Anybody other than PacoTaco?[/QUOTE]

Why not ask AsianXcore? I think he's played it a few times since he's only a drive across a bridge from it.

[quote name='JEKKI']I dont get how a new Mortal Kombat game even exists.

like... did none of them ever really die?!?!?[/QUOTE]

They exist because they're full of shenanigans and fights. Most fights that broke out in the arcade are from Mortal Kombat itself. Especially fuckers that spammed Mileena sai in II

Unlike the MVC3 GS Midnight in my area, the MK9 one went without a hitch. Pretty big group both for MK9 and Portal.

They had a setup so everyone could play MK9 (Winner Stays). Really fun way to burn 2 hours waiting for Midnight. Everyone was positive, had a good time. Lots of laughs from both Fatalities and X-Rays.

The game is really fun so far. The Krypt is pretty tedious to navigate through until you get all the stuff you want (through online guides). Then you can just Exit/Enter the Krypt and it'll take you to the next item you are missing automatically.

Load times aren't too bad, though I feel like I'm sitting through a lot of them.

As I told Jim, :lol: at Cyber Sub-Zero and Sonya both having Dive Kicks. Both of which you can do pretty much at any height. Doesn't seem like there is a crazy height restriction on them.

Chacrana, from the time I spent KOFXIII, it's really good. It's a weird mix of KOFXI, KOFXII, KOF2K2, SFIV and CVS2. It pretty much contains a little bit of everything from those games. The game is also gorgeous.

Anyone getting Arcana Heart 3? I'm thinking of picking it up since I traded some stuff in for MK9, ended up only paying $20 for it.

Hmm... well if KOF XIII gets your approval, azn, I'll give it a chance.

I just hope it's as fast as XI, because that game's pacing was perfect. That game as a whole was seriously everything I wanted from a fighter.

[quote name='Chacrana']Hmm... well if KOF XIII gets your approval, azn, I'll give it a chance.

I just hope it's as fast as XI, because that game's pacing was perfect. That game as a whole was seriously everything I wanted from a fighter.[/QUOTE]

It's definitely not as fast as XI. Even if you watch videos it's pretty apparent.

The game doesn't feel as slow as KOFXII was though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP6rcGGSiIc

Still looks pretty speedy. Ralf is comically big now, which is sweet.

But yeah, if it's back on the right track, I'll give it a shot.

I don't know if I'll be able to get used to any of the Button Layouts for MK9. Normally I play on Stick.

Having to configure Block/Switch/Tag in a manner where I'm not T-Rex Clawing to get X-Ray or EX Moves is a little annoying.

The Demo was comfortable playing on a PS3 pad, everything was easy to get to. I might have to pick up a good Xbox 360 pad for MK9.

Yo Asian, use this set up...

FP BL BP
FK SW BK

This this set up, you can easily hit Throw, Tag and X-Ray.

Throw = FP+FK (both left side buttons)
X-Ray = BL+SW (both middle buttons)
Tag = BP + BK (both right side buttons)

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Yo Asian, use this set up...

FP BL BP
FK SW BK

This this set up, you can easily hit Throw, Tag and X-Ray.

Throw = FP+FK (both left side buttons)
X-Ray = BL+SW (both middle buttons)
Tag = BP + BK (both right side buttons)[/QUOTE]

That looks pretty good natural. How is it (from your testing) in doing EX Moves. I think on Stick it's unavoidable having weird hand positions for EX in this game (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back