FGT #15 answers the age-old question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think for EX it is good. I played about 4 hours or so today with that set-up. It's nice because block is in the center, so you never have to reach far or claw too hard to get EX moves.

Speaking of MK, my impressions are so far that it is pretty solid. I would absolutely love it if it had a run button. I like the combat though, and FWIW the single-player content is really good (remember that dude BlueSwim? he is probably lovin' it)

I wanna unlock Cyber Sub-Zero, then I'll be happy to meet you guys online.

PS: Some of the fatalities are freakin' crazy. A bunch of them me and my friend literally said "WHOA" as they were being performed lol.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Yo Asian, use this set up...

FP BL BP
FK SW BK

This this set up, you can easily hit Throw, Tag and X-Ray.

Throw = FP+FK (both left side buttons)
X-Ray = BL+SW (both middle buttons)
Tag = BP + BK (both right side buttons)[/QUOTE]

I'm using this same setup & it feels natural. The only thing I wish you could do was map both center buttons to BL since you technically don't need the bottom button to be tag.

[quote name='MtlTom']I'm using this same setup & it feels natural. The only thing I wish you could do was map both center buttons to BL since you technically don't need the bottom button to be tag.[/QUOTE]

They don't allow you to map the same action to two buttons? D'aww.

[quote name='MtlTom']I'm using this same setup & it feels natural. The only thing I wish you could do was map both center buttons to BL since you technically don't need the bottom button to be tag.[/QUOTE]

I use switch stance at the bottom middle, not tag. This way you don't have to claw to try and get X-Rays, just hit the two middle buttons (block and switch stance).

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I use switch stance at the bottom middle, not tag. This way you don't have to claw to try and get X-Rays, just hit the two middle buttons (block and switch stance).[/QUOTE]Oh hmm good point. I might go with that if I don't actually need a dedicated "tag" button. So far I've been pressing the buttons like I'm doing the old "slide" command with Sub or Reptile to do the X-ray moves.

Speaking of X-rays, I love how much they vary between characters. I had assumed they were basically command grabs, identical functionally but with different animation once they connect. Instead you've got interesting stuff like Scorpion's teleport, Cyrax with a pretty safe anti-air, Sonya's rushing kicks that you can combo off her cartwheel, etc.

Also I really like the theory of supers being easy to execute once you earn them. I think it makes the game feel really inviting when people realize they can execute, and even combo into supers without being a fighting game savant. Meanwhile they are impossible to spam, and the player has other meter options (with different strategic significance) if they don't wanna wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I use switch stance at the bottom middle, not tag. This way you don't have to claw to try and get X-Rays, just hit the two middle buttons (block and switch stance).[/QUOTE]
Damn, I didn't even think of that. I set mine up under the assumption you needed a tag button. I found out from your post that you don't, so I'm just gunna switch over to that layout.

Thanks Jimbo!

[quote name='distgfx']They don't allow you to map the same action to two buttons? D'aww.[/QUOTE]

This and I don't think you are able to disable buttons either.

Not that I've found at least.

Oh I forgot to mention this, guess what I just bought??

My plane ticket to EVO. AWWW YEAHHHHHHHHHHH, finally going :)

Who all is going? Anyone wanna split a hotel?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Oh I forgot to mention this, guess what I just bought??

My plane ticket to EVO. AWWW YEAHHHHHHHHHHH, finally going :)

Who all is going? Anyone wanna split a hotel?
[/QUOTE]

When is it this year?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Yo Asian, use this set up...

FP BL BP
FK SW BK

This this set up, you can easily hit Throw, Tag and X-Ray.

Throw = FP+FK (both left side buttons)
X-Ray = BL+SW (both middle buttons)
Tag = BP + BK (both right side buttons)[/QUOTE]

thanks for this layout
works alot better with my SFIV TE :D

Yes, thanks for the layout Jim. It felt alright when I playing through Arcade Mode. Hopefully I'll get a chance to test it out at my local session tonight.

Did anyone else buy Arcana Heart 3? :)

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Speaking of MK, my impressions are so far that it is pretty solid. I would absolutely love it if it had a run button. I like the combat though, and FWIW the single-player content is really good (remember that dude BlueSwim? he is probably lovin' it)[/QUOTE]I remember that guy!! check it out, I'ma do an impersonation of him...

whatup yallz!! it's me Blueswim! I am posting in your fighting game thread coz that's what I do!! and I do it in blue font color coz my name is Blue Swim! you are swimming in my font color! yes!!

I also usually end my posts with a random spoiler tag too becoz that's how I do it!! and then I will finish it off with a few smilies at the end becoz that is also a thing I do!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So I just finished MK story... the story is actually good.... 0_0

so now onto choosing a main... I'm still hoping Stryker to be my main but from the looks of it I don't know.

WTF does Smoke's vibration do anyway? is it a reflector?

lol @ Jekki

Rolento: It is a projectile counter. If you are doing it and a projectile hits you, Smoke will teleport and drop above the opponent's head, attacking them.

So far in MK I am digging:
Smoke
Kitana
Cyber Sub-Zero
Kung Lao
Stryker

Out of the characters I picked, I didn't really like Scorpion (never play him in any of the games, for whatever reason), Liu Kang, Raiden and Kabal.

Smoke is pretty fucking fun to play honestly...

I am digging Nightwolf though... always enjoyed playing him even though I never was a fan of his design.

The lighting in MK is fucking nice... the MK3 stages look probably the best IMHO.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Rolento come to Evo now that you aren't a broke ass[/QUOTE]

I was rich till I moved to my new place -_-

If all my gigs pay up soon I'll go to evo. What are the dates again?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I made an Evo thread since I'm going this year... totally stoked!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292674[/QUOTE]

Bahhh, I need to figure out my Summer Classes schedule. All I know right now is they run until July 29th :(

I hope by some act of anything, that I can get out before that, or I won't be able to go. I actually want to play this year!

I owe HeavyD and Kainzero, Buffet hangouts. Also get some Offline Matches/Beer Drinkin' with everyone.

i dunno if i'll go this year because i don't play much of anything anymore and i don't gamble or drink. the only thing i do is eat.

when i play mvc3 against my bro i'm still running my day 1 team and doing day 1 combos, but he's always playing someone new and i have to adjust. the only difference is the order of my team and the assist i use.

[quote name='asianxcore']Bahhh, I need to figure out my Summer Classes schedule. All I know right now is they run until July 29th :([/QUOTE]maaaaaaan fukk class. u kno who would rather go to class instead of having actual fun??

Mana Knight

:whistle2:$:whistle2:$:whistle2:$:whistle2:$

GG Asian. Not sure if you could hear me at all but I need to get my happy ass to bed, class in the morning. I'll get back into marvel this week now that I am done moving, so you and Jim arn't steam rolling me.

PS: fuck your Wesker :)

[quote name='LostRoad']GG Asian. Not sure if you could hear me at all but I need to get my happy ass to bed, class in the morning. I'll get back into marvel this week now that I am done moving, so you and Jim arn't steam rolling me.

PS: fuck your Wesker :)[/QUOTE]

GG's LostRoad!

Sorry, I didn't hear you. One of my friends I play with locally was giving me a play-by-play of his new MVC3 team in Training Mode in an XBL party :lol:

I don't really play Wesker at all honestly. I randomly will play him with Akuma/Spencer because it's fun with all the relaunches.

My normal team is Wolvie/Dorm/Akuma

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Last weekend of July, Friday the 29th to the 31st.

You better be there!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

If the money comes in I can be. Priority is Blip Fest 2011 since I get alot of pleasure and business in going to that.If money is still there then Evo it is :bouncy:

[quote name='MarkMan']You guys gotta go![/QUOTE]

GET HYPE

rkd0sh.gif

[quote name='suko_32']^ yeah he's not going to evo, again.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Combining this with the laughing Ken avatar = greatness.[/QUOTE]hey! when's the last time I saw YOU GUYS at Evo?!?!?!

never!!!

:wall::wall::wall::wall:

Jesus fucking christ, I cannot win a match in Marvel. I can't stop dropping combos and blocking like shit. I have literally like 7 or 8 in a row to random people online, after losing I think 10 in a row to Asian. fuck.

I had the time of my life last night... went to the most banging club I've ever been to. Craziest dubstep EVARRRRRRR. Sweated my ass off... flying around the dubstep moshpit shirtless... amazing. Come to Israel guys :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back