FGT #17 went 0-2 in MK4 at EVO and macked on Kayo Police

[quote name='suko_32']And here I was practicing UMK3...dammit wrong game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you dummy!! MK4 is so hype, I heard Daigo might pick up Liu Kang and show us all what's up. :bouncy:

[quote name='distgfx']What?! What about MK Gold?![/QUOTE]

What? There's an MK Gold?

Figures. Now my version is out of date.

I bet they want $40 for it too. . .fucking assholes. Shit should be free. :bomb:

Not buying it. :nottalking:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']What? There's an MK Gold?

Figures. Now my version is out of date.

I bet they want $40 for it too. . .fucking assholes. Shit should be free. :bomb:

Not buying it. :nottalking:[/QUOTE]

Yea, there's no way I'm rebuying the same exact game again for some added cheap skins with a few moves!

Man they promised a patch so we can spectate in the regular non-gold version, and now they're saying you have to buy Gold to get that feature? freakin liars.

[quote name='distgfx']Yea, there's no way I'm rebuying the same exact game again for some added cheap skins with a few moves![/QUOTE]
Amen. It's some bullshit.

Adding in some half assed skins with a few moves and trying to charge me $40 for it? :nottalking:

[quote name='suko_32']Man they promised a patch so we can spectate in the regular non-gold version, and now they're saying you have to buy Gold to get that feature? freakin liars.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's some dumb shit. They could easily have patched that, but they won't. Instead, their solution is to buy the rehash.

Man, fuck Midway.

I hope they go out of business.

Wait, I also remember the producer guy...his name rhymed with METH saying we would later get a patch to be able to save replays of matches. What happened to that promise? Is that in Gold too?

[quote name='asianxcore']Haha even though I have him on my main team, I get so salty losing to XF1 Wolverine blowing up my whole team.

GG's. With your Storm/Task/Sent team, why didn't you switch the order to DHC Glitch?[/QUOTE]

I can DHC glitch from Storm -> Task or Storm -> Sentinel. This is the order that has been working alright for me too.

Wait, last time a game had the subtitle of "Prologue" we had to wait 2 more years for the actual game to come out. Better not be hinting at this Namco.

who will win?!?!?!?!?!

CFGwp.jpg

I'll fuckin' say it, I bought MK4 on launch day for PSX. I enjoyed it too!

Tekken Hybrid looks... odd. I won't like the movie, I'll get frustrated by whatever that single-player mode is because I've never used those bitches in Tekken games, but I'm in for Tekken Tag 1.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I can DHC glitch from Storm -> Task or Storm -> Sentinel. This is the order that has been working alright for me too.[/QUOTE]

What's the follow-up for Storm/Task DHC Glitch? TK Down Arrows xx Shield Skills xx S? Or is there even enough time after Secret Move to do that?

4 days until EVO JIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMM

EDIT: Nevermind...I looked up the DHC Glitch with those 2. Looks like if you do Storms Short/Ground Loop on the ground and end with a high hit you can start it from that, going straight into Task's BNB from crouching.

[quote name='asianxcore']What's the follow-up for Storm/Task DHC Glitch? TK Down Arrows xx Shield Skills xx S? Or is there even enough time after Secret Move to do that?

4 days until EVO JIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMM

EDIT: Nevermind...I looked up the DHC Glitch with those 2. Looks like if you do Storms Short/Ground Loop on the ground and end with a high hit you can start it from that, going straight into Task's BNB from crouching.[/QUOTE]

Yeah exactly, I just didn't attempt it much because of the "awesome" online play ;)

can't wait man - I leave for Arizona tomorrow, my flight leaves at 7:25 from Philly. After that, it's to Vegas Thursday night, then LA. Gonna be a pretty epic 10 day trip.

I still need to find a stick for Evo :cry:

Some very interesting/odd changes in the current build of UMVC3

http://www.neoempire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11445

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Yeah exactly, I just didn't attempt it much because of the "awesome" online play ;)

can't wait man - I leave for Arizona tomorrow, my flight leaves at 7:25 from Philly. After that, it's to Vegas Thursday night, then LA. Gonna be a pretty epic 10 day trip.

I still need to find a stick for Evo :cry:[/QUOTE]

Have a safe trip. See you soon!

So many nice new fighters coming out.. I'm hella jealous. I think I'll buy an Xbox or PS3 here (possibly ebay) and ask my mom to ship my stick out here... just moved to Eilat and got a job. :]

If u trust Microsoft factory refurbs, you can get one w/20 GB HDD for $100 from Gamestop.com. It has a 90-day warranty. Online only, not in-store.

[quote name='Jest']Oh hai guys. Is there still an FGC?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's still alive and kicking, I'll just PM you the details.

doooooooooooood~!!!!

check it out, I saw the Tekken movie!!!

not the new 3D one, Im talkin about the live action movie.

yo that movie is tight!!!

the plot of it basically consists of Jin Kazama getting into fights, and subsequently getting his ass kicked (as he should),

then as his opponent is about to land the final blow, he either relives a flashback about his mother, or one of his Tekken friends intervenes and saves him from getting killed.

which miraculously allows Jin to regain his energy and defeat his opponent every single time!!!

the movie also has some fantastic scenes in it.

like one where Kazuya walks towards the camera with an explosion behind him, stops for a moment, and says to the camera

"Heiachi Mishima is dead"

the continues walking.

another scene had this in it:

wC0np.png

my favorite scene in the whole movie!!!

anyways I really gotta say tho,

that Jin Kazama...

why didnt anyone tell me he was British?!?!?!?!

this whole time I've been shitting on him like he's some k-town azn hanging out with his bangs all long and shyt

but instead he's all like "I was in the loo when the jacks invaded my flat and killed my mum! The guv'na of Tekken is gonna pay what what!"

in light of this, I think Jin Kazama is an alright guy.

I think me and him will get along just fine now.

that is... assuming this movie is canon, as it should be coz it's freakin awesome!!!!!

but if it isnt, then fukk Jin Kazama.

[quote name='JEKKI']doooooooooooood~!!!!

the plot of it basically consists of Jin Kazama getting into fights, and subsequently getting his ass kicked (as he should),

then as his opponent is about to land the final blow, he either relives a flashback about his mother, or one of his Tekken friends intervenes and saves him from getting killed.

which miraculously allows Jin to regain his energy and defeat his opponent every single time!!!

like one where Kazuya walks towards the camera with an explosion behind him, stops for a moment, and says to the camera

the continues walking.

wC0np.png

that Jin Kazama...

this whole time I've been shitting on him like he's some k-town azn hanging out with his bangs all long and shyt

but instead he's all like "I was in the loo when the jacks invaded my flat and killed my mum! The guv'na of Tekken is gonna pay what what!"

that is... assuming this movie is canon, as it should be coz it's freakin awesome!!!!!

but if it isnt, then fukk Jin Kazama.[/QUOTE]

You have to be seriously trolling

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']You have to be seriously trolling[/QUOTE]

I don't think he is, bro. Here, let me quote it so you can read it again.

[quote name='JEKKI']doooooooooooood~!!!!

the continues walking.

wC0np.png

that Jin Kazama...

but if it isnt, then fukk Jin Kazama.[/QUOTE]

there's this scene at the end, spoilers, but Jin wins the tournament.

he's walking away from the coliseum and a bunch of Jacks line up in one of those military corridor formations (what are they called?) and as he walks thru them the soldiers raise their guns when he passes them,

but it's funny coz only one row does it. The camera is pointing to Jin's back as he walks away from the camera and only the Jack's on his right are raising their guns.

then the camera pans to his front as he walks towards the camera, and it switches with only the soldiers on his left now raising their guns!

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']scumbag Namco. Told me last week I won 10 tickets to see Tekken in tres-D today, doesnt mail the tickets out in time.[/QUOTE]
Ugh, complain for a refund or free copies of the blu-ray.

[quote name='asianxcore']Who else is going to EVO?[/QUOTE]

Some friends and I
Me and some friends?
are still contemplating it. None of us are much competitors at fighters, but it would be cool to watch some pros get down and get in on some casual games.

Also, Vegas.

[quote name='Indignate']Some friends and I
Me and some friends?
are still contemplating it. None of us are much competitors at fighters, but it would be cool to watch some pros get down and get in on some casual games.

Also, Vegas.[/QUOTE]
i don't know anyone that played casuals during evo...

if they did, it was in xxx player's hotel room where xxx is some cool guy from the scene that they know about through the grapevine.

(my brother said some kids came into his room last year trying to act all hard and money match them. my brother's friends took their money and embarrassed them.)

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']scumbag Namco. Told me last week I won 10 tickets to see Tekken in tres-D today, doesnt mail the tickets out in time.[/QUOTE]
Trolled.
[quote name='kainzero'](my brother said some kids came into his room last year trying to act all hard and money match them. my brother's friends took their money and embarrassed them.)[/QUOTE]
Sounds like high school. :cool:

[quote name='PhrostByte']So many nice new fighters coming out.. I'm hella jealous. I think I'll buy an Xbox or PS3 here (possibly ebay) and ask my mom to ship my stick out here... just moved to Eilat and got a job. :][/QUOTE]

Do they ship to Israel though? :lol:

also... got a Samsung Galaxy S2 yesterday... probably the coolest piece of tech I've ever used.

[quote name='kainzero']i don't know anyone that played casuals during evo...

if they did, it was in xxx player's hotel room where xxx is some cool guy from the scene that they know about through the grapevine.

(my brother said some kids came into his room last year trying to act all hard and money match them. my brother's friends took their money and embarrassed them.)[/QUOTE]

Haha amazing!

There were some pretty bad SSFIV players that brought a Console to the BYOC Area at last year's EVO. Extremely socially awkward, not wanting anyone else to get in on their games.

What the fuck is the point of bringing it then? Keep it in your room.

I should be getting there on Thursday, good majority of the Bay Area players are already there or are leaving tomorrow.

Also, I know I mentioned this before but anyone interested in stopping over at the Pinball Hall of Fame while we are in Vegas?

Oh and last but not least Friday Night is buffet night, correct?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Also, I know I mentioned this before but anyone interested in stopping over at the Pinball Hall of Fame while we are in Vegas?[/QUOTE] I'm up for that.

Well, the company handling the promotions said they were gonna send a package of some sort as an apology. It could be anything. It could even be a boat.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Anyone bringing a set-up with them so we can get some CAG games in?[/QUOTE]

Part of me thought about it. But I would hate to have to pack my Asus :(

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']
Oh and last but not least Friday Night is buffet night, correct?[/QUOTE]

I'm down for Friday. I might go on Thursday night with some NorCal friends, but we'll see how I feel the day of for that.

bread's done
Back