Fight Club [Blu-Ray] - $15.99 @ Amazon

Wow. That is one of the coolest (can I say prettiest or is that too weird?) packages that I have ever seen. I kind of want it and don't even have a Blu-Ray player.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Hmmm I'm gonna wait till this is reviewed.[/QUOTE]Agreed. We don't need another Gladiator now do we?

[quote name='blk00civicsi']At least Fox got the Pricing right.[/QUOTE]Agreed.

[quote name='zenintrude']The European release was kind of terrible... will wait on reviews.[/QUOTE]

Yup, IMO best option is to wait for reviews

Not sure if I understand waiting...even the "bad" blu-ray transfers look better than dvds from what I've seen. At any rate, this was in my gold box a couple months back so I'll get a few more cents off. :)

Wow, I heard this was coming out. Thought it was just another false alarm. Box art proves it though. Preordered for sure.

Glad to see this coming to blu--will definitely upgrade. Listed my DVD on Goozex, but it will probably take for ever to move. DVDs go slow--I've only sent 2 out since they started offering movies (have received 4 blu rays). Guess most of that crowd is probably in the same boat--ditching DVDs to upgrade to blu.

I won't pre-order as I'll wait for reviews and make sure it's a good transfer etc. And being under $25 I don't want to get stuck paying for shipping and have it cost more than it does locally.

[quote name='argyle']Not sure if I understand waiting...even the "bad" blu-ray transfers look better than dvds from what I've seen. At any rate, this was in my gold box a couple months back so I'll get a few more cents off. :)[/QUOTE]

It's a matter of whether its really worth upgrading from DVD--or waiting for a Blu Ray re-release with a better transfer down the road to avoid a triple dip on the title.

This is an "anniversary release" if I'm not mistaken. So there probably won't be another version for quite some time.

True. But my point stands that some videophiles may not want to upgrade if it's a botched transfer, and would rather save their money and stick with the DVD.

I'll most likely get it unless it has bad flaws like the missing arrows in Gladiator as I'm not all that picky and even stuff that gets slammed like Silence of the Lambs still looks a lot better and was worth the upgrade to me.

[quote name='dmaul1114']True. But my point stands that some videophiles may not want to upgrade if it's a botched transfer, and would rather save their money and stick with the DVD.
3fWwqrYHS.gif

I'll most likely get it unless it has bad flaws like the missing arrows in Gladiator as I'm not all that picky and even stuff that gets slammed like Silence of the Lambs still looks a lot better and was worth the upgrade to me.[/QUOTE]

I agree 101%. I'd rather just go straight to DVD then risk a shoddy blu ray version.

Cheers

I still have my old 2 disc set from when it first came to DVD. Love the movie yet I haven't watched it in years and I have never watched any of the extras. Go figure.

I watched them as well (except commentaries, never cared for those), but that was years and years ago back when I did actually watch extras as DVD was still pretty new, and I was still in college and had a lot more free time. So I watched a lot of extras back then. Now I watch hardly any other than occasionally deleted scenes/outtakes.

I actually liked Survivor better than Fight Club by far. There was a movie a hair away from being made but got put on indefinite hiatus after 9/11. Note to Hollywood: it's okay to make movies about plane crashes again.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I actually liked Survivor better than Fight Club by far. There was a movie a hair away from being made but got put on indefinite hiatus after 9/11. Note to Hollywood: it's okay to make movies about plane crashes again.[/QUOTE]

I think they know. There's a little show called Lost on TV that deals with a plane crash :)

Preordered.. I never picked up the DVD for whatever reason.. Yeah, I know I'm crazy. Just like how I got Dark Knight with it.. I'm a little behind :p

[quote name='soccerstud652']Go read the book. Its better than the movie.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. I think the ending in the movie was one of the rare instances that it was better. The book ending would not have made any sense in the movie. The plot lines were almost entirely different. The book was more about destroying the past to create our own future, as it is our world now, not those dead people's. That is why the book ending fit. The movie was about hitting rock bottom, which is why the movie ending fit.

[quote name='xMalachi']Preordered.. I never picked up the DVD for whatever reason.. Yeah, I know I'm crazy. Just like how I got Dark Knight with it.. I'm a little behind :p
random.gif
[/QUOTE]
I just now preordered too, don't feel bad I never picked fight club up on dvd either.. So I guess that makes the two of us a little behind in times.. Oh well.. :)

[quote name='soccerstud652']Go read the book. Its better than the movie.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='thingsfallnapart']ten fold better ending.[/QUOTE]

Really surprised to hear this. I've read the book and watched the movie at least three times each (probably a few more for the movie), and I not only think the ending is barely different (in terms of story, I suppose), but I also consider Fight Club (the movie) to be the best and most accurate representation of a novel that I've ever seen.
A few things were changed (almost all of them really didn't matter - like Chloe - a character who had about fifteen seconds of screen time - dying a bit later in the film), but for people who enjoy film as an equal artform to literature, I have to say that the film was created in a-near perfect way to reflect the book.
Chuck Palahniuk worked closely with Fincher and Jim Uhls on the screenplay, and Palahniuk has even said in interviews that there were MORE metaphors in the movie that he didn't even think of when writing the book (the fact that Tyler was criticizing his father for creating his family and then leaving his children and wife, and going off and creating another one - like a "franchise" - and then how Tyler did the exact same thing with Fight Club) and was kicking himself over it.
Like I said, I think this is the movie where the typical "It wasn't as good as the book" comment comes into play the very LEAST of any adopted film I've seen.

Yeah, the stories are near identical and the endings aren't all that different.

In the movie the bombs go off and the credit buildings are destroyed, and the movie ends there with them watching. In the book the bombs don't go off as they weren't made right. Then it goes further and shows Tyler/the narrator thinking he's dead and in heaven, when he's really in a mental institution and people are showing up with black eyes nodding at him etc.

I prefer the bombs going off, but would have been a nice to touch to have that next scene in the movie too.

[quote name='sendme']Is the book called fight club? after reading all this I want to check out the book now.[/QUOTE]

*sigh*

Yes. Yes it is.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, the stories are near identical and the endings aren't all that different.

In the movie the bombs go off and the credit buildings are destroyed, and the movie ends there with them watching. In the book the bombs don't go off as they weren't made right. Then it goes further and shows Tyler/the narrator thinking he's dead and in heaven, when he's really in a mental institution and people are showing up with black eyes nodding at him etc.

I prefer the bombs going off, but would have been a nice to touch to have that next scene in the movie too.
[/QUOTE]

wtf? He is dead in the end of the book. That's the only correct ending after what he's been threw.

I forgot the ending to the book, I'll have to put it on the pile again.

I would love for Survivor to be made into a movie. The only other one that I really loved was Choke and the movie was good but not great.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']wtf? He is dead in the end of the book. That's the only correct ending after what he's been threw.[/QUOTE]

Well
It's kind of up to the reader. He's either dead and those are just visions. Or he survived and is in a mental institution and just thinks he's dead.

I go with the latter given the description of how the bullet with through his cheek etc. But to each their own.

Yeah, in case it wasn't mentioned: this is now $17.99 @ Amazon. I'm hopeful they match BB, since I've not been able to get a quick pick deal in time.

They already shipped out my copy on Friday, and I had ordered it in my Gold Box when it was still $18.99, so it was $18.04 for me.

I printed a copy of the product page for the moment, so if they don't auto-change it for the price drop, they owe me $0.95 back for the pre-order guarantee.

bread's done
Back