Fight Club [Blu-Ray] - $15.99 @ Amazon

Site seems to be down at the moment. Did you get to read it? Is PQ and AQ good? I'm hoping they didn't pull a Gladiator on this one.

EDIT: It's up...I'm sold! Thanks Shrike.

[quote name='shrike4242']Dropped down to $16.99, so I guess I'm getting $1.90 back on it.[/QUOTE]
Mine just shipped about an hour ago, so they best be refunding me $.95 for this and ST! I paid in credit for both; how do they generally go about refunding that? It just shows back up on your account, right?

Lol, just as I finished typing this my ST shipped, but still shows $20.99. :\

[quote name='robzilla']A little off topic, but if your in LA or NY tomorrow night (Tuesday) there is gonna be a screening of fight club at midnight. I'm pretty sure it's free, but it's a first come first served type of thing.

NY Link- http://www.projectmayhemny.com/
LA Link- http://www.projectmayhemla.com/

It says to email them to RSVP but you just get an automated responce(LA one) with a password.[/QUOTE]

pretty cool. not sure if it's free though.

[quote name='Jodou']Mine just shipped about an hour ago, so they best be refunding me $.95 for this and ST! I paid in credit for both; how do they generally go about refunding that? It just shows back up on your account, right?

Lol, just as I finished typing this my ST shipped, but still shows $20.99. :\[/QUOTE]

This is taken from Amazons' terms and conditions page regarding pre-order guarantee:

• If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered before the end of the day of the release date, we will automatically refund your credit card for the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price. If you did not use a credit card to pay for your order, please contact Customer Service.

Not a bad price. My buddy's been wanting to do a podcast review of this movie so he's urging me get the Blu-Ray.

[quote name='integrafied1']This is taken from Amazons' terms and conditions page regarding pre-order guarantee:

• If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered before the end of the day of the release date, we will automatically refund your credit card for the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price. If you did not use a credit card to pay for your order, please contact Customer Service.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I got off my lazy ass and just read that on their site. Contacting them now, thanks!

[quote name='Jodou']Yeah, I got off my lazy ass and just read that on their site. Contacting them now, thanks![/QUOTE]

No problem

[quote name='Jodou']Mine just shipped about an hour ago, so they best be refunding me $.95 for this and ST! I paid in credit for both; how do they generally go about refunding that? It just shows back up on your account, right?

Lol, just as I finished typing this my ST shipped, but still shows $20.99. :\[/QUOTE]IF you mean credit as in gift card balance, then yes, they'll just put it back into your gift card account.

[quote name='token2k6']so is the slipcover exclusive to Amazon? the standard cover is featured in the BB ad.[/QUOTE]

I think the slipcover should at all retailers on the initial Fight Club blus until Fox decides to go with non-slip packaging (possibly 6 months to a year from now). I had a chance to see what the packaging looks like last week when I was pre-ordering Star Trek and it's pretty nice.

Thanks for the review Shrike as I was worried that the transfer may be problematic like the German blu.

[quote name='shrike4242']IF you mean credit as in gift card balance, then yes, they'll just put it back into your gift card account.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they just stonewalled me with it will be refunded within 24 hours. Guess we'll see.

[quote name='robzilla']A little off topic, but if your in LA or NY tomorrow night (Tuesday) there is gonna be a screening of fight club at midnight. I'm pretty sure it's free, but it's a first come first served type of thing.

NY Link- http://www.projectmayhemny.com/
LA Link- http://www.projectmayhemla.com/

It says to email them to RSVP but you just get an automated responce(LA one) with a password.[/QUOTE]

Do you know if it's just a screening? The only reason I'm tempted to go is if it's some promo where they hand out free BD's - CAG tendency - but I don't wanna spend gas just to see it on the big screen.

Amazon currently has Fight Club and Boondock Saints for 24.48 if you purchase them both, $5 off total purchase.

I purchased Boondocks couple days ago and am thinking whether I should return it or not. Probably not though, not worth shipping it back for cheaper Fight Club in my case. But if you've been holding out on getting both, GO GET THEM RIGHT NOW. Might just have to order Fight Club by itself, been hearing great reviews on the transfer. Once again, to anyone who has been holding out on both of them, GO GET THEM RIGHT NOW. Good day :lol:

[quote name='exRounder']Do you know if it's just a screening? The only reason I'm tempted to go is if it's some promo where they hand out free BD's - CAG tendency - but I don't wanna spend gas just to see it on the big screen.[/QUOTE]

Not sure. I'm hoping there is some promo stuff, but they're not giving out much info at all.

[quote name='zenintrude']Looks like Fight Club dropped to $15.99... will they change my pre-order price to reflect this, since it has not yet shipped?[/QUOTE]
I've still not received my credit back for the $16.99 drop and it's been over 24 hours. Well, it's not the end of the day yet, but I have a feeling I'm going to have to contact them AGAIN since the first guy I got just responded with a boilerplate 'wait 24 hours' response. The inconsistency of service is rather annoying.

[quote name='zenintrude']Looks like Fight Club dropped to $15.99... will they change my pre-order price to reflect this, since it has not yet shipped?[/QUOTE]If it's not shipped out yet, then yes, it should auto-correct after shipment. If it doesn't, you'd have to email them to fix it.

[quote name='Jodou']I've still not received my credit back for the $16.99 drop and it's been over 24 hours. Well, it's not the end of the day yet, but I have a feeling I'm going to have to contact them AGAIN since the first guy I got just responded with a boilerplate 'wait 24 hours' response. The inconsistency of service is rather annoying.[/QUOTE]I'd email them again to make sure it's taken care of.

Once again, I screen printed the $15.99 price, to make sure I can get it corrected once it's supposed to auto-correct tonight. They're supposed to be credited me back $2.85 for the $3 difference - $0.15 for the Gold Box discount.

I'll give them until tomorrow, and if I don't see the auto-correction, I'm emailing them.

Sweet. Just ordered it, also grabbed Star Trek for $19.99.

On top of that, finally got matched up to get rid of my old Fight Club DVD on Goozex this morning. :D

For anyone wondering this tweet reveals (part of?) what will be at the LA Project Mayhem thing tonight:

"Cinefamily @ The Silent Movie Theatre Free 35mm midnight screening of FIGHT CLUB tomorrow, with free donuts and coffee to boot. RSVP to [email protected]"

Still begs the question if they'd give stuff away... argh!

Was going to get this at best buy so i could have it today and for points I guess, but the extra dollar made me bite at amazon. Ordered with Star Trek, awesome!

[quote name='minimafiaaj']just got mine didn't know the slipcover opened like that lol.[/QUOTE]

can you elaborate? got a pic?

[quote name='jsub']can you elaborate? got a pic?[/QUOTE]

Took a pic just for CAG (even though it's in the main post of this thread).. so excited that this is finally on Blu Ray! Couldn't wait for Amazon to ship it so I sprung for it at Target, it was only $4 more. I am Jack's sense of impatience.

fightclubtn.jpg

I am giving them until tomorrow for price guarantee to kick in....
They shipped mine out yesterday and still haven't gotten it. I have prime.

[quote name='xmunitalp']I am giving them until tomorrow for price guarantee to kick in....
They shipped mine out yesterday and still haven't gotten it. I have prime.[/QUOTE]

I emailed them and they refunded the $3. Screw waiting. I'm still bitter about the Up/Monsters Inc BS.

So to end my tale of e-mailing CS about the difference, I got someone competent tonight and they refunded me the $3 I was due. Sucks you have to keep on them about these things, especially since they were violating their own policy.

[quote name='Scorch']Took a pic just for CAG (even though it's in the main post of this thread).. so excited that this is finally on Blu Ray! Couldn't wait for Amazon to ship it so I sprung for it at Target, it was only $4 more. I am Jack's sense of impatience.

fightclubtn.jpg
[/QUOTE]

good stuff. i was iffy about the pink cover, but this coverslip definitely makes up for it

[quote name='shrike4242']Just received my email about the $3 savings from the price drops. Hello bonus $0.15. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Mine went through early this morning as well. No automatic price adjust ever applied, so they really were going to try and stiff me because the BDs had already shipped. Well, their mistake cost them $0.15 lol.

How come none of you CAG's mentioned the big prank on the BD release?? I had to find it out on the Consumerist!! guess all you Amazon orderer's don't have you're copy in hand.

The big prank is
supposedly the menu for Never Been Kissed plays for a few seconds before the actual menu comes up! hahaha, hilarious!! link: via Consumerist

Elle oh elle:
Greetings from Amazon.com.

You saved $2.00 with Amazon.com's Pre-order Price Guarantee!

The price of the item(s) decreased after you ordered them, and we gave you the lowest price.

The following title(s) decreased in price:

Fight Club [Blu-ray]
Price on order date: $17.99
Price charged at shipping: $17.99
Lowest price before release date: $15.99
Amount to be refunded: $2.00
Quantity: 1
Total Savings: $2.00

You will receive an additional e-mail when this refund is processed.
So they were going to give me an automated refund afterall. It's still past the 24 hour deadline they gave me, so whatever. Now we'll see if they process one for ST, too.

[quote name='token2k6']
The big prank is
supposedly the menu for Never Been Kissed plays for a few seconds before the actual menu comes up! hahaha, hilarious!! link: via Consumerist
[/QUOTE]

That's fucking awesome! Is the fake FBI warning still there?

bread's done
Back