Fight Night 360. Who got it? Who Wants to fight me?

pimpinc333

CAGiversary!
Feedback
107 (100%)
Alright I just picked up Fight Night For the 360. If any CAG wants to fight tonight or anyday post here and add my gametag.

Gamertag = Pimpinc333

I Haven't yet played it but Online should be cool and I can't wait to whoop some ass :)

Post here also if you want to setup a Fight.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Alright I just picked up Fight Night For the 360. If any CAG wants to fight tonight or anyday post here and add my gametag.

Gamertag = Pimpinc333

I Haven't yet played it but Online should be cool and I can't wait to whoop some ass :)

Post here also if you want to setup a Fight.[/QUOTE]
Is the gameplay faster in the actual game than it was in the demo?

I picked it up on the way to work. I'm at work now, though, so I won't be playing it 'til tonight.

Ok So I played 1 Fight so far on Live! It was great. We started off very fast. I was throwing a hella lot of punchs for the first 4 rounds. By the 5th my guy was super tired. Its a 10 round fight. I really like it so far. The only grip is that Once I get him in his dazzed state, all he did was wrap me up and then after 2 secs off that he wasn't dazed anymore. I got him dazed then back off and was gonna throw a uppercut but rig tin the middle of my uppercut when I was about to hit him he wrapped me up again like I never even threw the punch. I like it so far.

Im gonna be playing a lot more on Thursday and Friday. So i'll have more On and Off line Impressions.

I got it. It's similar to the demo - meaning it was not sped up. The lighter weight classes do move quicker obviously. I haven't fought a heavyweight match yet, but I did have a Holyfield-Toney fight and by the time it got into the later rounds it was slow as hell. I really wish they would have sped it up just a tiny bit, but....

...regardless, I like it so far. Now, depending on how much value you place on graphics (is it worth 20 bucks?), the XBox version is just as good, if not better (I've heard it is a bit faster, but I'm not positive). Using the 10% off coupon at BB, it wasn't terrible, about 57 bucks after tax. Yes, I bought it because it looked better. I don't always do that, but I like the FN games enough to drop the extra cash to get the best presentation.

Personally I liked the "no HUD" presentation, you really can tell how the guy is getting winded when you are kicking his ass. I went into the Barrera-Morales ESPN Classic fight and went 11 rounds before knocking him out, back and forth the whole time. It was really entertaining. IGN said it's too easy, but I'm playing on medium and don't find it to be that much of a pushover at all. I've fought 6 times and lost twice (and I was a FN2 vet, so I wasn't going in blind), so it can't be THAT east.

Speaking of which, the ESPN Classic mode is no big deal, there's nothing fancy about it other than you unlock the create-a-boxer package for the guy you win with.

Create-a-boxer is pretty much the same as before, with enhanced graphics obviously....a few more new nicknames added this time around, but sadly still no "Stallion." Yes, I'm one of the zillion people who will make a Rocky created boxer; come on, they let you change from southpaw to regular in mid-fight, you almost have to. It's like the law.

There IS "Clubber" however if you want to make Mr. T.

Haven't gotten that deep into create-a-boxer yet, will post again later when I get a guy up and running.

So far - and this is subject to change - if you like the FN games, I'd give it an 8 or a 9. Great game, just not that different from the last one. If you're not a fan of the FN games, I'd lower my score by at least a point, especially due to the slower gameplay.

[quote name='nickmad']what about the Burger King people? anyone spot him?[/QUOTE]

As a playable character? No.

...not yet.

I shall pray.

The Gamespot review posted today said the Burger King is unlockable as your trainer, but didn't mention anything about him as a playable character. Too bad.

[quote name='panasonic']is rocky marciano (sp?) in it?[/QUOTE]

Sadly, no.

*Edit* I don't know if I was seeing this wrong or what, but the first guy I fought in career mode rules...he stumbles to the ring like he's drunk and keeps acting like he doesn't even want to be there.

[quote name='Eastsidecracker']Whats the achievements? Mainly offline (what type) and what on live?[/QUOTE]

just click on one of the people's gamercard things who have the game and look what achievements they have or havent done for that game

damn just did a fight of Gotti vs. de la hoya against my bro. I was winning big time it was a 12 round fight and I won 10 rounds, but he knocked me out in the 12th!!!! I was pissed!

[quote name='KaneRobot']As a playable character? No.

...not yet.

I shall pray.[/QUOTE]

GOD DAMNED IT!!! I'd buy the fucking game right now if he were playable.

I know on the BB rental fees.. I rented Condemned and Kameo, and paid around 17 bucks. I had them check the price, it was too ridiculous to believe.

Got it and really like it so far. EA servers still suck but you can get a fight pretty quick. I just wish you could set up a fight with the same person/friend quicker than going back to the lobby everytime.

[quote name='Eastsidecracker']Whats the achievements? Mainly offline (what type) and what on live?[/QUOTE]

Win 8 different sponsored fights for a total of 1000 points, an easy 1000 points I'm guessing since the single player is supposedly easy.

I've won the first two sponsored fights and only lost one fight on the way there (very close match)... With that said, the game isn't difficult, neither is it easy.

All of the boxers you face have evidentially different styles and abilities, so you have to conform to a countering style of fighting and blocking each match.

A lot of rounds, for me, started out being hopeless, but I wound up rocking the opponent with combos the latter rounds to pull out a knock-out. A few times, I was getting knocked down quite a bit, but I kept working the left eye of my opponents until the referee ended the fight due to the opponents bleeding -- all the while I was was focusing on blocking, dodging and countering with a right jab, and backing off.

The gameplay changes enough to keep the game fresh.

I give the game a 9.3 / 10. Haven't tried online, yet.

[quote name='Brak']

By the way, am I the only one who thinks throwing punches with the right joy-stick feels awkward as fuck?[/QUOTE]

nope im there with yah

[quote name='Brak']
By the way, am I the only one who thinks throwing punches with the right joy-stick feels awkward as fuck?[/QUOTE]

you can probably change it to config 3, and just use the face buttons if you want. The "total punch control" thing has been in there since fight night 1 so ive adapted to it

[quote name='Brak']TeamXbox Review - 9

GameSpot Review - 8.3

I use Config 3, which I think was default on the demo. That way you can use your haymakers/uppercuts/power punches with the stick, but keep your jabs and hooks on the face buttons. It seems like it would be a pain to go from one to the other in mid-combo or whatever, but it's really not.

I just had a disheartening experience. Got to my first sponsored fight, beat the guy's ass in round 1, including a knockdown. Cut him bad in round 2 and kept it open in round 3. He was pretty exhausted in round 4.

...then he played defense the whole time and knocked me out in round 6. KSDGANKDIGN$(#YN

Ok If anyone wants to fight me tonight let me know by posting. I'll be playing at like 12:30 EST. Send me a friend request also at pimpinc333.

[quote name='Shayde']Win 8 different sponsored fights for a total of 1000 points, an easy 1000 points I'm guessing since the single player is supposedly easy.[/QUOTE]

Too easy indeed. I already got 5 of the 8 achievements and all it took me was a couple of hours.

[quote name='-GoodFella-']Too easy indeed. I already got 5 of the 8 achievements and all it took me was a couple of hours.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't say it's "too easy" but it's not that difficult on the default setting. I have gotten 5 of the 8 ach. also and haven't lost a match yet, the Ali fight was the hardest match I've had so far. Either way, I'm loving this game so far.

I'll fight ya. Also, would anyone be interested if I set up a league? I could set up a website to keep track of our champs and such and maybe some other stats.

if i have the 360 version, and my friend has the xbox version, can we play on live? I know you can on halo, and they said you could with most games, but isn't fight night held on ea servers?

Just got it yesterday...I will preface this by saying I could not get into the demo...I played one match last night Leonard vs. Hagler at the Garden...I was Hagler...And got ko'd in the 12th round...I suck...I'm just learning the gameplay...Haven't played an ea boxing game since the knockout kings series was around...This game is very deep, it's fun, but definately different than the knockout kings games...I will try it online tonight, and start a 1 player to begin to learn how to play... I would recommend it to anyone who wants a new game for their 360

I tried a quick round.. I couldn't even knock the guy down, and that's after knocking the guy down over and over and over in the demo.

[quote name='Santurio']I'll be available tonight around 9:00 Central. Send me an invite if you want to play.[/QUOTE]

You got it. Ill send you a friend request next time im on live.

Alright when playing each other make a user created room. I make mine Cheapassgamer with a password of CAG. Everyone should use the same so we can get into each others lobbies.

Ok so Ultimate Matt X and Myself played 4 fights tonight. I was 1-3 against him. He's good. So if you want a challange play him. It was very fun also :)

Yeah, good games man. I'll be on this a lot throughout the weekend for anyone that wants to play. If I'm in Summit Strike or something feel free to invite me, I might not be able to hop out right away, but I'll know someone is waiting and try to make it in.

I just got online tonight and all I can say is...that is the most FUN I have had online in a while...im sitting at 4-1, my loss coming via Jeff Lacy...

Is there an option to make an online tournament or is it strictly 1-1 fights? And I'm guessing there's no watch mode either where a bunch of people can jump in a lobby, wait out a fight, kind of like DOA4 ('cause matches could go for rounds and rounds).

I'm really tempted to pick this up at Fry's if the online is solid.

bread's done
Back