Fight Night 360. Who got it? Who Wants to fight me?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Is there an option to make an online tournament or is it strictly 1-1 fights? And I'm guessing there's no watch mode either where a bunch of people can jump in a lobby, wait out a fight, kind of like DOA4 ('cause matches could go for rounds and rounds).

I'm really tempted to pick this up at Fry's if the online is solid.[/QUOTE]

its just straight up 1-1, no options for tournaments that i can see. No watch mode either. Its fun though, so there is that. We should have a tourney here on cag if we can get enough people

I'll be on in a few hours if anyone wants to go a few matches. Does anyone wanna do the lobby thing like someone mentioned above?

pimp,

I think I'll use cag:cag so EA doesn't boot me for saying ass. :)

Could be pretty cool to set up a league...maybe have an opening tournament (unseeded, obviously), then from there set up rankings based on the outcome. I'm not that great so I'd probably be ranked fairly low, but who cares.

What would really be cool would be set up a league with all custom guys....obviously we'd have to set some parameters so everyone doesn't max out all their stats to 100, but if we said something like 550 points across the board with default or equivalent gear we could probably get something decent going. We'd probably have to trust THE HONOR SYSTEM in some cases (especially on the gear people wear), but I think any dickhead who was cheating would get outed pretty quickly.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Could be pretty cool to set up a league...maybe have an opening tournament (unseeded, obviously), then from there set up rankings based on the outcome. I'm not that great so I'd probably be ranked fairly low, but who cares.

What would really be cool would be set up a league with all custom guys....obviously we'd have to set some parameters so everyone doesn't max out all their stats to 100, but if we said something like 550 points across the board with default or equivalent gear we could probably get something decent going. We'd probably have to trust THE HONOR SYSTEM in some cases (especially on the gear people wear), but I think any dickhead who was cheating would get outed pretty quickly.[/QUOTE]

Why not max the stats out at 100? It will be more fair since then we would know everyone will be the same and no one will cheat that way. Unless they dont want to use 100 and screw themselves :)

[quote name='pimpinc333']Why not max the stats out at 100? It will be more fair since then we would know everyone will be the same and no one will cheat that way. Unless they dont want to use 100 and screw themselves :)[/QUOTE]

Not really interested in having nearly identical megapowered characters for everyone. If that's what people want though, I guess that's what it'll be. Don't the ratings show up on the matchup screen prior to the fight so you could see if someone's jacked their stuff up?

How do you choose custom character ? I cant seem to be able to choose my guy
Just go to the fighter select screen and scroll to through the fighters - make sure you're on the weight class you selected for your created guy.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I'm on now for anyone that wants to fight. I might be on Perfect Dark for a bit, but I'll be back into Fight Night when someone wants to fight.[/QUOTE]

Good set of matchs. I took all three of the matchs we played. I'll be on all day tomorrow if you want to have a rematch. :) Anybody else who wants to fight me send a friend request.

[quote name='coolieman2001']Good set of matchs. I took all three of the matchs we played. I'll be on all day tomorrow if you want to have a rematch. :) Anybody else who wants to fight me send a friend request.[/QUOTE]

im just wondering, do you use the buttons to punch?

[quote name='coolieman2001']I use Config 3. That was the default in the demo, so thats the one I use now.[/QUOTE]

oh ok, so thats how you swung that fast

I suck at this game. I've been playing it like crazy. My brother just walked in and beat me. Twice. And not even that, when it got to the "KO Punch" part, (he was Holyfield and I was Ali), Holyfield reared back and hit Ali right in the balls!

Man. I suck at this game.

[quote name='Scorch']I suck at this game. I've been playing it like crazy. My brother just walked in and beat me. Twice. And not even that, when it got to the "KO Punch" part, (he was Holyfield and I was Ali), Holyfield reared back and hit Ali right in the balls!

Man. I suck at this game.[/QUOTE]

You lost as Ali?!?! Holy Shit dude you must suck :)

Went 0-4 against Matt tonight. I think my sucktitude far exceeds Scorch.

Make that 0-7 (or was it 8?)

Sucktitude +10XP Level UP!!!!

I use both config. 3 and the left analog stick for punching.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Well my losing streak against coolieman continues, ugh. My defense is improving though slowly.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Your Defense is getting better. Looking foward to playing you again

After spending more time with this...I am loving this game...I use config 1...Great gameplay on this...I highly recommend it to sports fans and fighting fans alike

Yeah. Spent more time with this game and fell in love with it. I didn't know you can break bones in this game. I broke my opponent's nose, the announcer commented on it then I noticed it on the guy.. the bone was | before, now it was /.. its hard to describe, it looked almost like a ramp, it was straight, then sticking up, then straight again.. definately broken, easily to tell, blood was pouring from it.

I'm coming for all of ya, except coolieman cause he'll keep kicking my ass. :)

Anyone that wants to play hit me with an invite, the more people the better. If I eventually get enough people I may try to create a lobby to rotate in and out of to help find people to fight.

I am really digging this game. I had never played a Fight Night game before this one, but I adapted pretty quick to the controls. Config 1 is the only way to go. It feels like it's the way the game was really meant to be played.

[quote name='Arikado']I am really digging this game. I had never played a Fight Night game before this one, but I adapted pretty quick to the controls. Config 1 is the only way to go. It feels like it's the way the game was really meant to be played.[/QUOTE]

i feel, if you dont play config 1, youre playing cheap

I don't agree that Config 3 has an advantage or is cheaper than Config 1. Sure, you can combo hooks quicker, but let me tell ya trying to parry on configuration 3 is a bitch. I would have agreed at first, but once you see people of different skill levels I don't think it matters much. I bet the best players probably use Config 1. I'm sticking with 3 for now, but it puts me at a disadvantage in ways I don't like and hopefully I can eventually change, but I don't think I'm coordinated enough. :)

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I don't agree that Config 3 has an advantage or is cheaper than Config 1. Sure, you can combo hooks quicker, but let me tell ya trying to parry on configuration 3 is a bitch. I would have agreed at first, but once you see people of different skill levels I don't think it matters much. I bet the best players probably use Config 1. I'm sticking with 3 for now, but it puts me at a disadvantage in ways I don't like and hopefully I can eventually change, but I don't think I'm coordinated enough. :)[/QUOTE]

well thats the thing, you pick a dude whos got a lot of stamina, and if you can swing em fast enough, theres no point in parrying anything. And if you get good with switching up combos you cant really get blocked.

I just went 10 rounds...winning on the cards, only to be screwed by a haymaker...oh well, I guess that's why its there...

[quote name='Murcielago77']well thats the thing, you pick a dude whos got a lot of stamina, and if you can swing em fast enough, theres no point in parrying anything. And if you get good with switching up combos you cant really get blocked.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you can, fight coolieman and you'll see what I mean. :)

My friend kept beating my fuckin' ass via-button mashing like a maniac. It was insane. I was boxing better; countering, impact punches, etc. -- and he kept knokcing my ass out by pressing buttons mindlessly. It was driving me nuts.

I still need to play pimpinc.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Yeah you can, fight coolieman and you'll see what I mean. :)[/QUOTE]

i already have, thats what im basing all this off of

[quote name='Scorch']I never see anyone playing this game :([/quote]Been on, but I put my status as offline 'cause I suck so bad. Thought I'd work through single player before I jump back online.

[quote name='Murcielago77']i already have, thats what im basing all this off of[/QUOTE]

Oh, well fight me and you'll see how Config 3 doesn't always work. My guy will be burnt out by the third round. :)

I dont counter much. Its hard to counter using config 3. Some of the best players base there entire game off using the counter. So the way i look at it Config 3 isn't that great. It all comes down to how skilled you are. Iam 26-9 in online play. Most people you encounter dont use the counter move. They try to beat you with tons of haymakers and wild swinging. I pick those guys apart. You can also see where the other player has his guard up, so if you keep ducking in and out its harder for him to antcipate where your going to hit him. I can normally beat alot of the counter guys like that. 2 of my losses have come from my INT disconnecting :(. Another loss was when a didn't notice a player picked a custom character, He destroyed me.

A few questions regarding single-player:

I'm still making my way to the first title shot, but once you do that does it still give you the option of moving up weight classes at a later time?

Is there any way to view the stipulations for a fight after the contract has been signed? To get bonuses in some you have to get some KOs during a certain round and after I save and shut off after training, it doesn't remind me what the bonus requirements are so I have to remember it for next time.

Do you eventually fight every fighter during a single career if you choose an already existing boxer? I'm trying to open up Pacquiao's gear, but I chose him as my career guy and was wondering if I meet up with him later on to open up his stuff.

After a career has been "finished" do the unlocked items transfer to the new boxer I'd create?

Thanks.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']A few questions regarding single-player:

I'm still making my way to the first title shot, but once you do that does it still give you the option of moving up weight classes at a later time?

Is there any way to view the stipulations for a fight after the contract has been signed? To get bonuses in some you have to get some KOs during a certain round and after I save and shut off after training, it doesn't remind me what the bonus requirements are so I have to remember it for next time.

Do you eventually fight every fighter during a single career if you choose an already existing boxer? I'm trying to open up Pacquiao's gear, but I chose him as my career guy and was wondering if I meet up with him later on to open up his stuff.

After a career has been "finished" do the unlocked items transfer to the new boxer I'd create?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

After you have defended your title a few times, you will move up to the next weight class. You have to remember what the stipulations were. I dont think you can fight your own guy to open his gear. Ive never retired a boxer, so i dont know if gear stays unlocked

[quote name='coolieman2001']I dont counter much. Its hard to counter using config 3. Some of the best players base there entire game off using the counter. So the way i look at it Config 3 isn't that great. It all comes down to how skilled you are. Iam 26-9 in online play. Most people you encounter dont use the counter move. They try to beat you with tons of haymakers and wild swinging. I pick those guys apart. You can also see where the other player has his guard up, so if you keep ducking in and out its harder for him to antcipate where your going to hit him. I can normally beat alot of the counter guys like that. 2 of my losses have come from my INT disconnecting :(. Another loss was when a didn't notice a player picked a custom character, He destroyed me.[/QUOTE]

I'm still going to play you soon but they way config 3 plays is bunk. I'm not sure if EA threw that in there for people who couldn't seem to work the analog stick since it might be a little too difficult. All you need to do in Config 3 is just hit A button and then another button, it's just can't be the same button you hit the fist time. This reminds me of Arcade Fighter games where kids that had no idea what they are doing just go play and smash every button and whoop ass. No skill involved to me.

[quote name='Scorch']I beat the Burger King tournament -- where's The King at?[/quote]He was the trainer for the other guy.

[quote name='pimpinc333']I'm still going to play you soon but they way config 3 plays is bunk. I'm not sure if EA threw that in there for people who couldn't seem to work the analog stick since it might be a little too difficult. All you need to do in Config 3 is just hit A button and then another button, it's just can't be the same button you hit the fist time. This reminds me of Arcade Fighter games where kids that had no idea what they are doing just go play and smash every button and whoop ass. No skill involved to me.[/QUOTE]

Say what you will, but i just beat a guy on level 17. I picked him apart. He was trying to counter the whole match. He wouldn't throw a punch unless it was a counter. I just kept ducking in and out, mixing up my punchs and hitting him at different spots. He was pissed.Oh and you still have to use the analog stick for the upercuts and jabs. The A button is only for the Hooks. I may have an advantage with the hooks but you have an advantage with the counters. So I dont know what all the bitching about congig 3 is. I'am 32-10 now. I never see you playing, always see you playing Final Fantasy.

[quote name='Scorch']I beat the Burger King tournament -- where's The King at?[/QUOTE]

you can use him as your trainer now. he should be at the end of the list.

[quote name='ryan838']you can use him as your trainer now. he should be at the end of the list.[/quote]Ha...really? Sweet. I always go with Morgan Freeman. I hate using up my money on trainers before I've picked up all the equipment I want. Damn, they're expensive.

BTW, I'm not sure on this but doesn't holding jab/hook register as an uppercut in Config 3? So Y/B is a right uppercut and X/A is a left uppercut?

bread's done
Back