Fight Night Round 4 14.99 (360/PS3) Best Buy DOTD

Makes up to around $17 when taxes and shipping.
Is this game any good? UFC 2009 just won the best individual sports game award on VGA, so I was about to get that.

I dont know why people are jumping on this game, the demo was terrible, FNR3 was perfect, fast arcade like action. FNR4 went for the realistic approach and it was epic fail

R3>>>>>>>>>>R4

[quote name='gamer6587']I dont know why people are jumping on this game, the demo was terrible, FNR3 was perfect, fast arcade like action. FNR4 went for the realistic approach and it was epic fail

R3>>>>>>>>>>R4[/QUOTE]

Thank you for saving my $17.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Makes up to around $17 when taxes and shipping.
Is this game any good? UFC 2009 just won the best individual sports game award on VGA, so I was about to get that.[/QUOTE]

Is there anyway to watch that again?

[quote name='gamer6587']I dont know why people are jumping on this game, the demo was terrible, FNR3 was perfect, fast arcade like action. FNR4 went for the realistic approach and it was epic fail

R3>>>>>>>>>>R4[/QUOTE]
In your opinion of course. Most people love it and it far surpasses Fight Night Round 3 in almost every way. The only thing I liked better in round 3 was the corner management.

Bit on it, came out to $17 with tax and shipping. Not bad. I was looking for a deal for this game new. Christmas gift for my brother is now complete. Thanks.

[quote name='Doomtime']In your opinion of course. Most people love it and it far surpasses Fight Night Round 3 in almost every way. The only thing I liked better in round 3 was the corner management.[/QUOTE]

I share his same opinion, as well as everyone I know(literally no exaggeration) If they were giving this game out for free it wouldn't be worth my gas to go to the store and my best buy is less then 3miles away....regardless nice post OP for people lookin to get the game.

Kinda sorta wanted it, but probably could of gotten by playing it at my friends house or borrowing it.

Not exactly sure why I bought it but I did... used a $5 reward certificate and got in on the 50% off family game deal as well. Lego Star Wars Saga and FNR4 for $22.

Should all else fail and I end up with a severe case of buyers remorse after picking it up tomorrow, the trade in value with Amazon is $15, not sure what the hell happened to Gazelle but I'm not seeing crap for games. Only a few come up.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Thank you for saving my $17.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what's worse. Someone basing the quality of the game on a demo alone, especially one before any of the patches that were released that improved it, or the person who bases their purchase on what someone else said about the demo.

Considering FNR4 got higher reviews than FNR3 from nearly every reviewer, I'm going to lean with the majority and say this is a superior game.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I don't know what's worse. Someone basing the quality of the game on a demo alone, especially one before any of the patches that were released that improved it, or the person who bases their purchase on what someone else said about the demo.

Considering FNR4 got higher reviews than FNR3 from nearly every reviewer, I'm going to lean with the majority and say this is a superior game.[/QUOTE]
agreed

I liked the mechanics from FNR3 but R4 definitely had a better career mode and is better overall. With that being said I like Undisputed 09 better than those 2 anyway.

[quote name='chuckywang']I already got this for $20, what the hell[/QUOTE]

I'm with ya; Best Buy must be doing really poorly though as the idea with promos like this are to get people to come into the store.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']UFC 2009 just won the best individual sports game award on VGA, so I was about to get that.[/QUOTE]

might as wait the three months to buy the new one

Man, I played and loved FN3, but FN4 is better by quite a bit. I'm really surprised some are ripping FN4. FN3 had that ultra-cheezy parry system, where once you got parried you were frozen for a bit and couldn't move. Your opponent could often land 3-4 punches on you before you become un-froze. I did it all the time too, but you had to to be able to beat the better players. FN4 has a much better system where when you quickly block or dodge a punch you can land a more powerful counter-punch. This really makes the game feel more like boxing and I love the between round points system where you get to decide what you spend your earned points on. The better you perform, the more points you earn. FN4 is just awesome.

Got 1 PS3 version, and then got the $5 coupon-- given some of the weird issues reported at SD I turned around and bought a LBP-themed $20 PSN card with the coupon. Didn't want to risk losing the coupon or having other issues. Overall a pretty good deal. :)

[quote name='sherisdoppel']UFC 2009 just won the best individual sports game award on VGA[/QUOTE]

The VGAs is a Spike TV show, Spike TV is partnered with the UFC. Did you think there was a chance it wouldn't "win"?

Well, I was going to pick this up since I get free shipping and just got a $5 promo code in my e-mail from my black Friday PS3 purchase. Only to find out my promo code was already redeemed.

Seemed odd, until I followed the SD link in this thread and saw that its business as usual, and people are trying to abuse the ever living hell out of it.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yeah that sucks. I just ordered FNR4 and got the promo code. Mine worked and I got a $10 PSN card with it.[/QUOTE]

Nice for you, mine didn't work - but oddly it came w/ a Wii Game purchase..

$17 is just too much for me I'm afraid. Still waiting for that magical $9.99. I am proudly the cheapest assest person here. And patient too. It'll get there. Come on Newegg! Come on Amazon!

[quote name='mrg']$17 is just too much for me I'm afraid. Still waiting for that magical $9.99. I am proudly the cheapest assest person here. And patient too. It'll get there. Come on Newegg! Come on Amazon![/QUOTE]

Ditto, at that price I wouldn't be able to resist but at $15 for some reason I'm still able to tell myself 'no' lol.

15 is just enough for me to bite on it. came out 17 and change total.

had really fun time with fr3. so i;ll give it a shot.

R3>>>>>>>>>>R4[/QUOTE]

i gotta agree... i recently got R4, because I remembered loving R3... and R4 just, isnt better, point blank.

[quote name='fart_bubble']might as wait the three months to buy the new one[/QUOTE]

5 months, it's out towards the end of May

Man, my promo code is already redeemed according to the site, wtf. I was going to use the code and reward certificates to get a free PSN card. :bomb:

[quote name='fart_bubble']might as wait the three months to buy the new one[/QUOTE]
Why? Is the new one going to be $15 three months?

This is a great deal. I got this on black friday at gamecrazy for the same price. Well worth it IMO, i'm just having fun playing with my buddies even though i'm pretty terrible.

Hey bitches, don't forget to get your family game for 50% off if you buy this. I picked up this game and Lego Indiana Jones 2 for $40 with in-store pickup.

I held out, not sure how. Guess the Amazon deals thing on Tuesday made me wait and see if that $15 can be put to something I want more

Glad I held off on the GF deal - picked this up with a $10 promotional certificate for $4.99 plus tax.

Nice, picked up FNR4, Lego Indy 2 360, Trivial Pursuit Wii and Madden 10 PS3 all for less than $100 for in-store pickup.

Went to order it but the promotional coupon I was sent for my PS3 purchase on Black Friday has already been used. Maybe that was a sign that I have bought to many games lately.

bread's done
Back