Fight Night Round 4 14.99 (360/PS3) Best Buy DOTD

[quote name='LordVila']Went to order it but the promotional coupon I was sent for my PS3 purchase on Black Friday has already been used. Maybe that was a sign that I have bought to many games lately.[/QUOTE]

It was more likely a sign that someone abusing the system scored your code and used it before you did. Call up best buy's customer service and they'll give you a new one if you want.

[quote name='themidnighter23']fraggle balls, just bought this at 19.99 yesterday. could have saved 6 bucks, that's like 3 comic books. ah well, no big deal[/QUOTE]

3 comics books???...Isn't it more like 1.5-2 comic books nowadays?

I just placed my order for FNR4! Thanks for the post!!! I was tempted to pick it up yesterday for $20, but passed. It's amazing what $5 buck will do to motivate you! :)

btw- FNR3 is still pretty good in comparison, but you gotta have the trophies in FNR4;)!

[quote name='Ryukahn']It was more likely a sign that someone abusing the system scored your code and used it before you did. Call up best buy's customer service and they'll give you a new one if you want.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't surprise me, a bunch of SD'rs are having a field day doing this...

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1738335

Seriously though. There are people on there claiming to have ordered numerous copies of a game, only to receive an equal amount of $5 off coupon codes to use towards an identical purchase, than once that is confirmed, they cancel their original order.

Apparently the codes stack :/

[quote name='reininop']My code was borked too. I read the entire slickdeals thread. They are the Kmart crowd of discount shoppers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah mine was no good either, those assholes

I also received a dead code. I'm on the phone with them right now trying to resolve it. I don't understand why people have to try to ruin coupons like this for everyone.

Dead code here too. Online customer service rep won't give me a new code and told me to call them. Been on hold for the last 30 minutes...

[quote name='Doomtime']In your opinion of course. Most people love it and it far surpasses Fight Night Round 3 in almost every way. The only thing I liked better in round 3 was the corner management.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that you can use Round 3's controls if you desire.

For you guys waiting for a resolution on the phone to your borked codes, I was on wait for 30 minutes earlier, and although they couldn't give me a new code through the service, the escalated it to a department and said they'd get back to me. I just got an email saying a recent order was given a $5 credit, so I don't even have to order anything from them and I got the code applied. A bit of work but was well worth it.

I may just go ahead and purchase the PSN card anyway now, as it will work out to be the same price as if I had gotten the code since I'm getting a $5 credit back from a previous order, and it's probably a good idea to thank them for fixing the situation by giving them my business. :bouncy:

i played them demo & found the heavyweight fight to be clunky and awful. slow, lumbering, frustrating. then i tried the welterweights and found a really fun fluid game silimar to what i previously played with round 2.

everyone in this game seems to fight much heavier than in past games. i don't know if that's more realism, but hopefully i can enojoy fighting with someone over 140lbs...

either way, if my code actually works this will be a great deal.:)

edit: of course it didn't work. and somehow they couldn't find any of my information. so i did what i would do on a computer to order, except one letter at a time through another person. seemed i could just call & the code would be put through. did i think it would be easy? you know, for a second there, yeah, i kinda did.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ryukahn']For you guys waiting for a resolution on the phone to your borked codes, I was on wait for 30 minutes earlier, and although they couldn't give me a new code through the service, the escalated it to a department and said they'd get back to me. I just got an email saying a recent order was given a $5 credit, so I don't even have to order anything from them and I got the code applied. A bit of work but was well worth it.

I may just go ahead and purchase the PSN card anyway now, as it will work out to be the same price as if I had gotten the code since I'm getting a $5 credit back from a previous order, and it's probably a good idea to thank them for fixing the situation by giving them my business. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Got $5 credit back on previous order as well! :whee:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='betamax']i played them demo & found the heavyweight fight to be clunky and awful. slow, lumbering, frustrating. then i tried the welterweights and found a really fun fluid game silimar to what i previously played with round 2.

everyone in this game seems to fight much heavier than in past games. i don't know if that's more realism, but hopefully i can enojoy fighting with someone over 140lbs...

either way, if my code actually works this will be a great deal.:)[/QUOTE]

I would play Fight Night 3 when friends come over because FNR3 was so easy to pick up and play and the gameplay was responsive and smooth. I will admit it is not a very realistic boxing game, but its more fun

In Round 4 the pacing is much slower and the controls do feel clunky. Look how fast the game got so cheap for. It must tell you guys that not many people enjoyed the demo. I hated it and nearly every friend who downloaded shared the same opinion, the game became too realistic and less responsive.

If you are looking for the most realistic simulation of boxing then get FNR4, If you want a fast paced arcade like boxer then try FNR3 (should be less than $10)

Got back $5.33 when I took my recept from last week's sale at $19.99 to Best Buy today to price match:D

Well i just spent forever on hold too. After a while, it was just the principle of the matter that kept me hanging on the line after they transferred me over and over again and no one knew what the hell I was talking about. I finally got my 5 dollars after I just went nuts on them for keeping me on the phone so long.

How long?? 1 hour 41 minutes.

I could have made 56 dollars in the time it took me to save 5.

As said. Principle of the matter.

[quote name='pjay']Got back $5.33 when I took my recept from last week's sale at $19.99 to Best Buy today to price match:D[/QUOTE]

Beautiful, this is what I opened the thread for. I unfortunately bought it last week for $20 too. Do you know how long you have to get the difference back?

[quote name='dugbrandon']Beautiful, this is what I opened the thread for. I unfortunately bought it last week for $20 too. Do you know how long you have to get the difference back?[/QUOTE]

It might only be for today as the $14.99 price is their deal of the day. If you get lucky they might not even check the site. I got mine PM'd today after showing it in my cart and they didn't check the site.

Bought it last Friday at $19.99, then ordered one for In Store Pick Up at $14.99 on Sunday morning.

Stopped in after work with the still sealed game I bought on Friday to return / rebuy (figured I couldn't just do a price adjust since the $14.99 game was a "Web Only" special.) but the very friendly & helpful (?!?) customer service rep said I could've just price adjusted with the receipt.

So the end result was I got 25% back and was pretty shocked that I got good customer service at Best Buy. Thanks for posting the deal OP.

Edit: I got no codes from my online order.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Man, my promo code is already redeemed according to the site, wtf. I was going to use the code and reward certificates to get a free PSN card. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

tried to buy this game last night, and mine was redeemed, too. :bomb:
i will be contacting best buy soon!

could you tell me what reward certificates are? and how that provides you with PSN card?

Got one for $10 w/ $5 rewardzone coupon they sent me yesterday. They also emailed me another $5 coupon after I bought this. Insane deal! I almost bought this at full price over the summer, glad I waited.

Glad this is dropping. I will pick it up soon, although I missed this deal.

too bad its not selling that well. Most likely a last one... they thought FNR3 was the last one as well...

with UFC taking over its probably done for a long while.

[quote name='gamer6587']If you are looking for the most realistic simulation of boxing then get FNR4, If you want a fast paced arcade like boxer then try FNR3 (should be less than $10)[/QUOTE]

I thought FNR3 was slow, but maybe that's because I'm still in the lower classes. I wouldn't consider it an arcade boxer at all, which would be much faster paced.

[quote name='scottman']I thought FNR3 was slow, but maybe that's because I'm still in the lower classes. I wouldn't consider it an arcade boxer at all, which would be much faster paced.[/QUOTE]

Round 2 is faster and probably has a more arcadey feel since you could throw haymakers pretty fast and it seemed your character never ran out of stamina (unless you kept missing the haymakers)

[quote name='o2012o']Just said my copy shipped out. What in the fuck is Mail Express? I've never heard of this courier. I fear change![/QUOTE]

They're like DHL, was also wondering what the hell it was few months back, but they just get to USPS to ship.

bread's done
Back