Fighter Thread IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII - the Fightering

Status
Not open for further replies.
funny thing jus happened. I just got my ass killed in 3rd strike, which is nothing new since I've been playing on the 360 'cause this controller was built by satan. I was pissed and ready to hang the game up, bitching to chacrana on aim about it, telling him I wouldn't play any matches tonight, then I decided to search ebay for a doa stick for the hell of it. came across this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dead-or-Alive-4...ryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

5yt8oiw.jpg

[quote name='Apossum']funny thing jus happened. I just got my ass killed in 3rd strike, which is nothing new since I've been playing on the 360 'cause this controller was built by satan. I was pissed and ready to hang the game up, bitching to chacrana on aim about it, telling him I wouldn't play any matches tonight, then I decided to search ebay for a doa stick for the hell of it. came across this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dead-or-Alive-4...ryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

5yt8oiw.jpg
[/QUOTE]

lucky bastard

Damn it, all this Ninja Gaiden talk has me angry... !

I imported Ninja Gaiden Sigma from Play-Asia but as I completed my order I was notified the item was put on backorder... I was supposed to be playing it this morning... :(

And to top it all off... I can't find anyplace aside from Yahoo Auctions Japan where I can secure this poster I want:

ngs02.jpg

:insert angry face here:

No offense, but you expect a non Japanese SNK branch to not fuck up a game?

I have lost all faith in anything that doesn't come from SNK Japan.

I want to be like "Oh no this is horrible!" but I don't care, cause I'm just going to import the superior Japanese version.

The US version will probably have those glitches as well... and probably add even more.

[quote name='akilshohen']who is that? Looks like some j-pop singer that's familiar but I can't put a name on her.[/QUOTE]Leah Dizon~!!

it's Markman's girl.

to be honest tho, he can have her o_O

[quote name='Apossum']why does SNK fail so hard with every release?[/QUOTE]

No.

SNK Japan is ace. The only thing they messed up was Last Blade 1 and 2, which is unfortunate, but at least it's only minor sound problems. I'd love for them to fix it in The Best (I doubt they will, but it won't stop me from getting the game).

SNK US is balls. First they fuck up Card Fighters DS, then KoF XI.

I decided to save on money so my last order before I move will be Last Blade 2 in 1, SamSho Tenka, KoF Orochi Collection, and MOTW.

I'll just wait on Melty Blood to see if Ver. B decides to hit the PS2, and I'll get KoF XI when I get settled in NY in a month or two. Really wish it came out the 21st with everything else :cry:

every non-japan release then. I should say "fail as a company" since they haven't released anything good in the U.S. in the past few years aside from Kof2000 through 2003, and 2006 if you count that.

[quote name='Apossum']every non-japan release then. I should say "fail as a company" since they haven't released anything good in the U.S. in the past few years aside from Kof2000 through 2003, and 2006 if you count that.[/QUOTE]

It's so weird - SNK US knew that Sony would relax it's grip on the PS2 when PS3 hit, Ben Herman even mentions it in an interview.

But do they have a list of titles just dropping like crazy out of their massive back catalog?

No, they only have AoF, Fatal Fury in August (the hell? Why so late?), and KoF XI whenever (but it's glitched).

You think they would have been rolling out these titles at $20 a pop, especially the ones like MOTW that are about to go The Best before people import tham.

Damnit SNK, are you trying to decrease your fan base? Mai/ Griffin WTF is that? And that text running off the screen is ridiculus. All you have to do is have some geeky 18 year old play the game all day, pay him $100 and you wouldn't have this crap.

she is quite hot. not sure what she has to do with ninjas, but that's alright :)

It's so weird - SNK US knew that Sony would relax it's grip on the PS2 when PS3 hit, Ben Herman even mentions it in an interview.

But do they have a list of titles just dropping like crazy out of their massive back catalog?

No, they only have AoF, Fatal Fury in August (the hell? Why so late?), and KoF XI whenever (but it's glitched).

You think they would have been rolling out these titles at $20 a pop, especially the ones like MOTW that are about to go The Best before people import tham.

no kidding. I imagine they lose a very significant chunk of their fanbase to imports. i don't understand why the ports take so long and are screwed up. you would think a company with this much experience with 2D fighters would have a system for churning these games out perfectly. they must have the worst management in the world.

[quote name='Apossum']
no kidding. I imagine they lose a very significant chunk of their fanbase to imports. i don't understand why the ports take so long and are screwed up. you would think a company with this much experience with 2D fighters would have a system for churning these games out perfectly. they must have the worst management in the world.[/QUOTE]

Getting out AoF for $15 before it went The Best at $25 was a smart decision, but they really needed KoF XI to hit before everyone just imported it for $35.

And yea, apparently SNK doesn't play test it's games, or test them period... how the hell could you not see the text runs over?

[quote name='Roufuss']http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-fs-49-en-70-v8h.html

Anyone know anything about this?

Supposed to be a beatemup, but I can't find any info whatsoever.

Saw a screenshot or two though, looks decent.[/quote]

Hmm... well, the price is right.

About all I could find was this review, which doesn't seem to be as glowing as the review on Play-Asia. This may or may not be a factor of the reviewer's love for beat-'em-ups and/or understanding of the combo mechanics.

Judging by the gameplay video on the right, the camera seems a little close in, which could be a pain if it's as juggle-centric as the P-A reviewer says.

At the price, I'm a little tempted, but I've spent enough of my paycheck at P-A for the time being. >_>

Also, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S HOLY/UNHOLY/OTHERWISE, are there any Aussie CAGs up for a 3S throwdown? Please say yes. ~_~

[quote name='MarkMan']Yes, that's Leah Dizon... she's not even Japanese lol...

She's Filipino American :)

*raises Filipino flag*[/quote]

I don't care what her background is, she betters womankind by her mere existence! :bouncy:

Probably going to be my next sig image now. I've seen a few youtubes and she definitely has it going on.

[quote name='sidochrome']Hmm... well, the price is right.

About all I could find was this review, which doesn't seem to be as glowing as the review on Play-Asia. This may or may not be a factor of the reviewer's love for beat-'em-ups and/or understanding of the combo mechanics.

Judging by the gameplay video on the right, the camera seems a little close in, which could be a pain if it's as juggle-centric as the P-A reviewer says.

At the price, I'm a little tempted, but I've spent enough of my paycheck at P-A for the time being. >_>

Also, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S HOLY/UNHOLY/OTHERWISE, are there any Aussie CAGs up for a 3S throwdown? Please say yes. ~_~[/QUOTE]

Hm, thanks for the link to the review... even has a movie of the game in there. Still not sure if it's worth it or not =/ Probably will pass though cause it looks kind of repetitive, even for a beatemup.

[quote name='depascal22']What do you guys think about this deal for Garou? It's $24.90 plus $5 shipping from Hong Kong. It won't release until June 21 but I'm willing to wait for a great deal on a great game. Anyone use this site?

http://www.gamebaz.com/?a=i&i=6266[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

It's $24.90 on June 21st from Play-Asia, it's going The Best ;)

Don't shop at some unknown import site, please. Hell, you'll even get cheaper shipping at Play-Asia.

depascal, I know you acquired a Japanese PS3 recently. here is a list of price drops/new releases for Japanese PS2 games this month:

June 21st
Art of Fighting Collection ($24.90)
Last Blade 2-in-1 Collection ($24.90)
Fuun Super Combo ($39.90)
Garou: Mark Of The Wolves ($24.90)
King of Fighters: Orochi Collection (96'-98') ($24.90)

June 28th
King of Fighters XI ($34.90)

these are all Play-Asia's prices. I've only ordered from them and NCSX.com, don't really trust anyone else with my imports.

Good looking out, guys. Thanks for saving me some potential headaches. Looks like I'll pick up Garou and KOF XI to satisfy my fighter fix for the summer. I'm not 100% sure that the US version of KOF XI will turn out decent.

The funny thing is that the site is another affiliate of CAG. I clicked on a link by accident while I was going through the trading forum.

Damn, I want a Japanese PS3... I wonder how much they go for used in Japan...

I don't care if it's a 20GB, I'll only use it for Japanese PS1/PS2 games and T5DR online anyways... :)

The damnedest thing is that the damn PS3 hasn't gotten here yet. I've got this brand spankin new copy of VF5 that I'm dying to play and I've got nothing to play it on. I even put a hold on starting a new game for the 360 since it should be here any day now.

[quote name='depascal22']Good looking out, guys. Thanks for saving me some potential headaches[/QUOTE]

Word. Import gaming is da shittt

Also, I know that it's availble in the U.S but CVS2 (Japanese CapKore) is dropping to $19.90 in August
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-40-49-en-15-capcom+vs+snk+2-70-228y.html

A good bulk of CVS2 vids from EVO East 2K7 are up as well
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jchensor

Might have to hit up the arcade later today. I'm getting rusty in CVS2 for some damn reason and I need to work on my N-Cammy

W000t, I'm getting a new computer desk. No more of this sorry piece of shit.

On topic: Those match videos for CVS -- legendary.

[quote name='depascal22']Got the PS3 today!!! VF5 and T5:DR are the shit!!!! And don't stop spreading the word about the 3S tournament. It starts in one week![/QUOTE]

Welcome. It's sexy, isn't it? :D

Roufuss- that's an epic win quote. at least the SNK translators do good every once in a while, even if they don't mean to :lol:

Yes!!! just got my 360 Arcade Stick. Better watch out now Chacrana and bring out them dinner plates (w/ Choco Puffs), cause your gonna get served.

Okay, well if you want to try playing tonight, I'm up for some matches.

also, Cocoa puffs are an incredible performance booster.

[quote name='Roufuss']SNK US is balls. First they fuck up Card Fighters DS, then KoF XI.[/quote]

SNK USA has already mentioned that SNK Japan was responsible for the port. I don't believe everything I read, but if I were SNK Japan, I'd be politely annoyed if the USA office was pointing the finger at me.

Last I heard, Playmore is the parent company that does the distribution, sales, and other business, and it's subsidiary SNK NEO-GEO does the actual development work.

It does make sense to me that the USA office would be primarily responsible for marketing and business contact in the NA region, but if someone else more knowledgeable than me could correct/clarify that'd be cool.

Edit: and holy crap whattadeal Aposssum! I'm still looking for a Hori 360 stick, and I am sick I missed that one... :{ Gratz anywayz...

Edit2: sidochrome, Aussies and Hawaiians seem to have the same "prime time" for gaming. no guarantees with my crap schedule, but just msg me if you happen to see me online.

Edit3: Anybody vouch for this OST/DVD LE set?:

PA.73810.003.jpg

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-8l-49-en-70-1kya.html

I'm not the biggest FF/Garou fan, but I am a sucker for extra special tasty crispy otaku-shit like that. When PA says "Limited Time", they usually mean it...

Yeah, it's getting harder to resist now. I'm telling myself to just wait until after I upgrade my TV, but that won't be at least until the end of this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back