Fighter Thread XLIII - The One with the Rape Sim JRPG Built In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet, I got Sengoku Basara X today. Unfortunately, I also have a cold, so I'm goin' ta bed now. I'll blog a review or my impressions later this weekend when I feel better (and after the holiday--happy fourth FT!).

RE: Battle Fantasia, AKSYS finally announced a US release for both PS3 and Xbox 360 consoles! The US version will be SUPERIOR to the Japanese release. I can't give out specific details but expect AKSYS to update on it soon.

So yea, then I checked out the arcade at Anime Expo to scope out the Tekken competition, played some matches and noticed a girl beasting on fools over at the CVS2 machine. She was cosplayed out and was using a P groove team, beasting the shit out of Sagat scrubs... it was WOW!

Yes, both. I'll give more details tomm.

I gotta sleep now, driving up to LA again in a few hours X_X (I live 2 hours away)...

Thanks MarkMan

Looks like I'll hold off on ordering the Japanese release of Battle Fantasia.

There is a girl up here in NorCal CVS2 that is crazy good with P-Groove. I can't remember her name at the moment. She plays on and off at MGL.

yeah, I'm still surprised a how much I liked battle fantasia after playing it. felt very tight and responsive for a 2.5D game.

also, Guilty Gear 2 is coming to the PS3 as well (yay?... not really).

I played SC IV for a good while testing and comparing both the PS3/360 versions... the builds available at the show were 3 months old, the initial build 1up had. Playable characters included Mitsurugi, Hilde and Siegfried...

Both versions look amazing. The load times on the 360 one seemed faster (on the build)... graphics wise they are equal IMO. I didn't notice any slow down, but we'll see how it ends up on the final version.

Gameplay wise there are a lot of changes/tweaks to the characters. I'll go in depth on that in the Fighting Game thread. I don't trust 1UP's Shane Bettenhausen and his recent comments on game balance on the latest 1up podcast lol.

--- more impressions later today ---

Fact : Markman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shane Bettenhausen.

Played some VF5 today, first time in about 5 weeks. I can't stand the 360 pad anymore. Mine is completely worn in and shitty, and left doesn't even register probably 30% of the time.

Damn, all that HDD space and 360 still loads faster? I hope the final build is cleaned up. Damn Vader, otherwise I'd prolly be squarely in the 360 camp on this game.

Oh wellz, thx for the update MM!

Gonna crack open SBX soon and give it a whirl tonight.

Man, Nobunaga's space race infinite is annoying to do. When you do the reps to fast or too close together with the souls out, the opponent gets launched into the air. :bomb:

Two More Tekken 6 Machines In California!

July 6, 2008

Just this past week two big name arcades, Sunnyvale Golf Land and Milpitas Golf Land, both received Tekken 6 arcade machines! Now there are three Tekken 6 machines in California and bumps up the total number of T6 machines in the US to SIX! Here is the information for the newest arcade locations:

Sunnyvale Golfland / SVGL
855 E El Camino Real
Sunnyvale, CA 94087

Milpitas Golfland / MGL
1199 Jacklin Rd.
Milpitas, CA 95035

so i played a lot of battle fantasia yesterday at AX. my initial impressions of the game weren't all that promising. the game felt slow paced. i maybe it was the 360 dpad, but I had trouble dashing with every character i used.

I used 4 different characters: the pirate, the bunny, the viking guy, and the gay dude. all of them played differently, and had their own unique style. but the lack of a command list made everyone waste 20 seconds trying to figure out how to use their characters before actually playing.

it was a VERY simplistic feeling game that doesn't have too much depth to it at this point, to garner a great review. it looks phenomenal, but plays mediocre. 'nuff said.

[quote name='gigan54']so i played a lot of battle fantasia yesterday at AX. my initial impressions of the game weren't all that promising. the game felt slow paced. i maybe it was the 360 dpad, but I had trouble dashing with every character i used.

I used 4 different characters: the pirate, the bunny, the viking guy, and the gay dude. all of them played differently, and had their own unique style. but the lack of a command list made everyone waste 20 seconds trying to figure out how to use their characters before actually playing.

it was a VERY simplistic feeling game that doesn't have too much depth to it at this point, to garner a great review. it looks phenomenal, but plays mediocre. 'nuff said.[/QUOTE]

yeah, it's never going to break new grounds or anything, but it's actually more fun than most fighters IMHO.

I've only played it on the PS3 so I think the dashing thing is 360 d-pad problems alone... I can't dash with that thing either.

I wish they'd just announce VF5 R or whatever the hell it's called and be done with it. I know I'm not done buying the same game yet, so just hurry up and rape me.

[quote name='Chacrana']I wish they'd just announce VF5 R or whatever the hell it's called and be done with it. I know I'm not done buying the same game yet, so just hurry up and rape me.[/QUOTE]

agreed.

[quote name='Chacrana']I wish they'd just announce VF5 R or whatever the hell it's called and be done with it. I know I'm not done buying the same game yet, so just hurry up and rape me.[/QUOTE]

Thirded. Hopefully for PS3 with the same great online. Throw in some lobbies too.

So thanks to a friend of mine, I got to play some Arcana Heart yesterday.

...It's weird. I've never played a fighter with an all teenage-girl roster before. It was fun, but in one of those "I'm glad my friend bought it and not me" kinda ways.

Yea so I heard a new Capcom fighter is coming out. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, pretty cool huh? Let's hope it comes stateside!

[quote name='MarkMan']
Milpitas Golfland / MGL
1199 Jacklin Rd.
Milpitas, CA 95035[/QUOTE]

I'm glad SVGL and MGL got the T6 machines.

Already planning something with some friends to go when I come back from Michigan.

Hey what's the deal with GGPO? I used to be very big into emulation but have never heard of it. Is it based off of FBAlpha? I was a big Kawaks fan... Also, I'm actually so accustomed to playing SF on keyboard that I play better on keyboard than on stick/controller now.

I'm in the SFA2 room on GGPO and there's no one there.. and when I click on user map it says only 1 person online. :\

[quote name='asianxcore']I'm glad SVGL and MGL got the T6 machines.

Already planning something with some friends to go when I come back from Michigan.[/QUOTE]

hit me and daniel up.. =D

[quote name='PhrostByte']Hey what's the deal with GGPO? I used to be very big into emulation but have never heard of it. Is it based off of FBAlpha? I was a big Kawaks fan... Also, I'm actually so accustomed to playing SF on keyboard that I play better on keyboard than on stick/controller now.

I'm in the SFA2 room on GGPO and there's no one there.. and when I click on user map it says only 1 person online. :\[/QUOTE]

i'm down for some GGPO action. just schedule a time around 8-10 pm PST and i'll be down for some rounds.

Morning... I bring gifts... for the fighting game fans!

tvsc11mh7.jpg

tvsc12vg0.jpg

tvsc13km4.jpg

Do I see those Lighter changing Transformers? I bought one of those for my friend and I thought you could actually use it for a lighter. I was wrong, it was just a toy.

after like a billion years i played a fighting game against a real person.

cvs2 was fun. my custom combos actually came out. opponent was getting mad at me when I did shoshosho for the block damage.

t5: dr was frustrating. i play ling and doing d+1 instead of df+1 was annoying as hell so I lost and got super mad.

and then GGAC, the only thing i know how to do is Jam's loop which can potentially do 75% damage. i got my ass kicked in the first round and was gonna get wiped in the second when i did the combo and the other guy was like... whoa.

joe, you played T5DR at the arcade? The 2P side d/f was jacked up! lol... it wasn't your fault... I kept doing d+2 instead of d/f+2 :(

Stupid sticks...

[quote name='MarkMan']joe, you played T5DR at the arcade? The 2P side d/f was jacked up! lol... it wasn't your fault... I kept doing d+2 instead of d/f+2 :(

Stupid sticks...[/quote]
yeah! hahah. i got so mad. i wouldn't shut up for like half an hour.

Aw, this sucks. Next Gen Morrigan! Now I want the Tatsunoko Vs Capcom game. :p

Who's developing this again? Is this another "Capcom will publish but some other dev actually makes it" title?

[quote name='Chacrana']I'm sorry, but do you want to explain what this is about:

phpvb7G3m-up16788.jpg
[/quote]

Looks pretty self-explanatory to me.

yeah, I do hope capcom can bring it stateside. even if not, it'll probably be something I import if it's on PS3... last thing I imported was electroplankton when it came out in japan... >_

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back