Fighter Thread XXXVI - Oh go home, poopie pants!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo Slice

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
Carry on my wayward sons.

Edit:
Street_Fighter_CCG_Image.jpg

Street_Fighter_with_Cody_from_Final_Fight.jpg

I think we should create a FAQs section for the FT and put it in the OP

Example

"Is Smash Bros a legit fighting game?"

And then have our answers to it... I think it could turn out funny if nothing else. That way we could always copy and paste the OP and add to it.

Just a thought.

Sounds good.

My contribution--

Q: "Bridget is so hot."

A: "Actually Bridget's a...uh...ummm, oh, what the hell?! I totally agree!"

I love this new title. With a fuckin' passion.

oh, and I have VF5. I should be online tomorrow. Albeit, with a gamepad since I don't have a Hori stick or the cash to throw at one right now. I'm still definitely wanting to fight, though.

[quote name='Apossum']Sounds good.

My contribution--

Q: "Bridget is so hot."

A: "Actually Bridget's a...uh...ummm, oh, what the hell?! I totally agree!"[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Wolf is my main... but my poor Lion got bumped down one tier from Rev. B :(

I'm going to go to the dark side though and harness my inner Ninja...

from last thread:

[quote name='apokalipze2']I actually saw her tonight :) btw were you playing gg tonight at ffa? I went and only like 1 guy was playing :bomb:[/QUOTE]yeay I rolled around 11:30 coz that's the only time when ppl come and play.

I play as HS-color Axl... I suck too! I used to be good back in the days, but now I suck!

hopefully now that I kno what time ppl come and play, I can finally begin practicing

Ooo. VF5 tactics. I'm listening...

I'm waiting for the Fighter Skid Mark Thread now...

And now for some OT cosplay:

abgirl23mr6.jpg

I can totally picture a real-life Revy lookin' like this:

abgirl28kv6.jpg

An oldie butt a goodie:

1157921629620mx5.jpg

1157659164323fr7.jpg

I've just pre-ordered Udon's Art Of Capcom.

On the eve of the 20th anniversary of the Street Fighter franchise, Udon Entertainment is proud to present this special volume commemorating the studio's involvement with legendary video game company Capcom. Beautifully reproduced images from "Street Fighter", "Darkstalkers", "Rival Schools", "Mega Man", "Devil May Cry" and more are showcased in this lush 300 page art book. Included are rare book covers, pin-ups, sketches and merchandising artwork by Alvin Lee, Arnold Tsang, Jo Chen, Omar Dogan and the whole Udon crew! Plus you'll get interviews with the Capcom staff and the Udon creative crew, tutorials showcasing the development process, and all-new never before seen artwork created exclusively for this collection!
It was a must buy after seeing the cover....

coverrq3.jpg

Is there going to be a second printing of the Udon book?

Mayng it's been raining all day today. If there weren't so many little brown outs (and the fact that my wife doesn't want the kids getting addicted to video games), I'd say it would've been a great gaming day.

Kind of makes me hopeful that no one went to CC today to buy VF5 so I have a better chance tomorrow or Tuesday, but...I kind of doubt it.

VF5 is coming up here tomorrow/the next day, so I'll be online, ready to play with you guys when I get it. I loved Kage from VF3, but I'm a hardcore amateur.

just finished both my papers....

my research paper on the positive effects of school uniforms actually turned out really good :)

I'm essentially at the whim of one of my professors right now though, because I missed an online test because I didn't sign in during the required time period. I emailed them asking to let me take it, and I hope that I have an A+ in the class helps my cause. If she doesn't i'll fall from a 99 to an 88 :(

[quote name='b*utch']Have you got the hardback or soft cover version?[/QUOTE]shyt man, I had the hardcover version SIGNED!

I posted HELLA pics a few threads back (around July)

sold that shyt for $100!!

anyway CHECK IT OUT!!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTGEvd3uEaQ[/media]

Balrog ghostride the whip... or VEGA ROLL the whip!

u cant stop this guy

[quote name='depascal22']Another shameless plug for the PS3 fighting bundle on my trade list.[/QUOTE]

If I didn't already have all those import fighters I'd consider it, since I may have to buy a PS3 just for MGS4. Out of curiosity about how much are you looking to get for it? I have a friend who's looking to buy one.

this will rape face:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA9txda3FdM[/media]

:lol: @ bonus round video. I love the part where he says the intro guy that gets punched is his cousin Tito.

very off topic but if anyone here can post (if it's still active) the coupon that gives you $20 extra for trading in a console? My PSP is dying on me and it's time to upgrade it.

What grooves does you guys use in CVS2? I've started to use N-Groove alot but I feel like I'm missing something here. My team that I'm starting to like is Blanka, Evil Ryu, and Iori.

[quote name='depascal22']What grooves does you guys use in CVS2? I've started to use N-Groove alot but I feel like I'm missing something here. My team that I'm starting to like is Blanka, Evil Ryu, and Iori.[/QUOTE]

I used to play a lot of N-Groove (Iori, Hibiki, Blanka *R2*). I got bored with it after a while so I'm messing around with an A-Groove team of Chun, Terry and Blanka *R2*

[quote name='depascal22']What grooves does you guys use in CVS2? I've started to use N-Groove alot but I feel like I'm missing something here. My team that I'm starting to like is Blanka, Evil Ryu, and Iori.[/QUOTE]

Depends on my characters. I like A- Bison, A- Sakura, A- Ken. I like C-Blanka, C-Sagat, whoever else. I play pretty much every groove for fun except for P.

S, N and K can be pretty fun with pretty much everyone. It's fun to pick a character with buff supers and then use S groove. Dodge is also alot of fun, it's more fun to use than roll and can actually be pretty useful (but not as useful as roll, particularly with roll-cancels).

Oh man CvS2 is sooooo freakin good though. So good. Gonna have to play that one over Thanksgiving as well.

As long as they don't turn "easier controls" into CVS2: EO controls, I'm happy. Though I've got faith in Sirlin so I expect that everything will turn out well.

Interesting shit, that.

What's this Bang the Machine documentary that that link mentions?

Sounds interesting.

Edit: Loving the idea of simplified controls, particularly the easier 360 motions and mash manuevers.

Bang the Machine is a GREAT documentary... I was able to watch it a few times... Really good stuff. It focuses on the old school fighting game scene and the original team USA vs Japan match up... Intense stuff.

Also show's the greatest arcade ever... SHGL... I miss that place. :(

u gotta copy?? mutha suckas been looking for that video everywhere!!

I miss SHGL man... and I only been there twice... I moved hella close to there for school and then they tore it down before I got a car.

first time I went I won $50 in tokens!

2nd time I went... I spent $50 in tokens!!

Shit I'm down for easier moves. I remember when I could hadoken and shoryuken at will. Now...not so much. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back