Fighting Game Thread 6 is dedicated in memory of Chac*

[quote name='Empyreal']That I bought the game? It got 9's all around and looks amazing, not understanding your point?[/QUOTE]

Online is broken, lag-fest + crazy latency issue. Plus it looks like crap. Its hardly worth the paper its printed on, sadly.

Not big on wii online games, aside from Monster hunter Tri, so that doesn't bug or surprise me, and I have watched multiple reviews, so I know what it looks like, and it looks amazing.

[quote name='Empyreal']Not big on wii online games, aside from Monster hunter Tri, so that doesn't bug or surprise me, and I have watched multiple reviews, so I know what it looks like, and it looks amazing.[/QUOTE]

TvC is a ton of fun. The online kinda sucks though, just a warning. It's really enjoyable though and has enough unlockables to keep you playing awhile.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Dammit trajin, how did you get the game this early!? :bomb: :bomb:[/QUOTE]
oh you seen me online :cool: nah some mom and pop store got it in today went after work and snatch that bad boy up having fun with cody:lol:

[quote name='MtlTom']Everyone PLEASE vote for the arcade in my town on this year's "Save the Arcade" competition:

http://savethearcades.stridegum.com/

It's Rocky's Replay Arcade.[/QUOTE]

Oh shit! A FL arcade that's near me! *votes* fuck CA, it has enough already and OR ... umm ... sorry.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']http://www.capcom-unity.com/jgonzo/blog/2010/04/21/research!_vote_for_your_favorite_street_fighter_or_marvel_vs._capcom_characters!?pg=6

vote for ur faves peeps... important shit.

put in a vote for Venom... i do hope my entire crew gets in though... CapComando, Venom, and Jin...[/QUOTE]

*searches for Phoenix Wright* ... Nothing
*searches for Edgeworth* ... Nothing

*actually reads list* Q or Dudley... shiiit

Ok so I don't really play my 360 much any more other then with my son.

But Fighting games is all I like anymore

So selling all games pretty much, which stick should I get?

[quote name='Logg']Ok so I don't really play my 360 much any more other then with my son.

So selling all games pretty much, which stick should I get?[/QUOTE]
Any of the MadCatz Tournament Edition Fightsticks are the way to go. If your son plays you should probably get two :lol:

The Hori Real Arcade Pro sticks are also very nice but I've never used one personally.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Voted for Hugo.[/QUOTE]
Shit yeah, represent.

[quote name='Logg']Ok so I don't really play my 360 much any more other then with my son.

So selling all games pretty much, which stick should I get?[/QUOTE]

Get a TE Fightstick. Lowest price one, if you don't care about cosmetics.

I agree, the MadCatz TE is the way to go. It's pretty easy to swap parts, and worth the price they are selling for now. I got lucky, my bf and I went to frys last year and they had them for $100 each, picked two of them up =) Now my TE has nice C. Viper artwork.

[quote name='asianxcore']Have this gut feeling AI is going to start eating up all the votes :)[/QUOTE]
Rocky's was ahead for a bit but I know AI has a pretty big following. Especially since they post all their RanBats online and were one of the first sources in the US with SF4 videos.

See that's why it's important to vote for Rocky's! We have hardly any fighting games (the most current is Tekken 5: DR, but they've also got UMK3 & MVC2). I mean I want all arcades to succeed but Rocky's really needs it. It's the only arcade that Orlando has!

[quote name='MtlTom']Rocky's was ahead for a bit but I know AI has a pretty big following. Especially since they post all their RanBats online and were one of the first sources in the US with SF4 videos.[/QUOTE]

And this is exactly why they don't need the money.

I currently have an SE stick with Sanwa buttons installed (ruined one connection in the process :cold:), and I'm currently wondering if it'd be better to upgrade the joystick on my SE or drop $100 on a TE...

With a Sanwa stick and buttons it should be near equal in effectiveness compared to a TE right? Or does the fact that I've beaten the shit out of my SE for the past 8 months mean other parts may be damaged or wearing away? And I should just replace it with a TE?

Not sure what to do. I just don't want to drop $30 on a joystick and end up with something not working.

Played a little bit of SSF4.

Since I'm a Sakura main, I only noticed a couple things for her: a good crossup, slightly faster srk, slightly faster standing roundhouse.

That's it.
It feels like if you're not going to play a new character, there's not that much to learn. Well, that and playing against the new characters.

Also, Chun is sick... but that might because I was watching the best Chun in SoCal play. It feels like if you flinch, you'll get comboed into Kikosho.
[quote name='panzerfaust']I currently have an SE stick with Sanwa buttons installed (ruined one connection in the process :cold:), and I'm currently wondering if it'd be better to upgrade the joystick on my SE or drop $100 on a TE...

With a Sanwa stick and buttons it should be near equal in effectiveness compared to a TE right? Or does the fact that I've beaten the shit out of my SE for the past 8 months mean other parts may be damaged or wearing away? And I should just replace it with a TE?

Not sure what to do. I just don't want to drop $30 on a joystick and end up with something not working.[/QUOTE]
The difference is the weight and the bulk. Some people like heavier joysticks, some people like lighter ones.
As far as accurate arcade feel, yeah, they'd be the same.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I currently have an SE stick with Sanwa buttons installed (ruined one connection in the process :cold:), and I'm currently wondering if it'd be better to upgrade the joystick on my SE or drop $100 on a TE...

Not sure what to do. I just don't want to drop $30 on a joystick and end up with something not working.[/QUOTE]

With a Sanwa stick and buttons, it's basically a mini-TE with a curve on the front and smaller start/select buttons. I'd say going either route is alright, I'm not sure how "broken in" your sanwa buttons are, so I can't say. I know I like my Round 1 TE more than my modded SE, lol.

[quote name='Arikado']Vice and Takuma are up on the KOF XIII site.[/QUOTE]

Saw those two coming. WTF is up with Takuma's stance? He's all hunched over, it looks awkward. Curious who the final person in Kim's team will be. I'm going to asume it's someone from the Fatal Fury series. Possibly Duck King, Mary or Billy.

[quote name='distgfx']And this is exactly why they don't need the money.[/QUOTE]
Exactly! Vote for Rocky's! There's a million arcades out in Cali, horray for the rest of the US.

Putting a Sanwa stick will technically make the SE identical to the TE in terms of specs. It's also a very easy swap to do (you'll want to use hot glue to secure the wire harness though). I've had Sanwa parts in my SE for a little under a year and it still works fine, the only adjustment I've made was tightening the spring on the stick.

That being said, I've also had a TE for a few months now and absolutely LOVE it. The buttons & stick are just as responsive on both since they're the same parts, but the TE just feels so nice. I still use the SE quite a bit, but prefer the TE overall.

[quote name='dizzlle01']So anyone know what the gift is for current street fighter iv owners?[/QUOTE]

it's 2 unique colors, makes your character look sketchy or outlined in ink. cool stuff

[quote name='Rodimus']Hwa Jai!?! Seriously!?! That's fucking lame. He's a Joe clone.[/QUOTE]

I've never even heard of this dude. I had to look him up to find out that he was in the first Fatal Fury and been in nothing since. fucking really SNK!?!

I'm in line BL, right where the driveway meets the sidewalk, meaning I'm way the heck in the back :/

If anyone is here, I got a tan orisue shirt on

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Inf^Shini']I'm in line BL, right where the driveway meets the sidewalk, meaning I'm way the heck in the back :/

If anyone is here, I got a tan orisue shirt on[/QUOTE]

Am here ill look for u

[quote name='motorkill']I've never even heard of this dude. I had to look him up to find out that he was in the first Fatal Fury and been in nothing since. fucking really SNK!?![/QUOTE]

Yeah, he was only in the first one. He's basiclly Joe's rival/friend. He had a very brief apperance in the movie when Joe beats the crap out of him. I really don't know what SNK was thinking when they did this. Probably just to save money and time. *sigh* KOFXIII will probably suck.

[quote name='trajin']Hey If u follow the line to the white van am there[/QUOTE]
Lines moving, you on the street or in the parking lot?

[quote name='Rodimus']Yeah, he was only in the first one. He's basiclly Joe's rival/friend. He had a very brief apperance in the movie when Joe beats the crap out of him. I really don't know what SNK was thinking when they did this. Probably just to save money and time. *sigh* KOFXIII will probably suck.[/QUOTE]

You're gonna get your ass whupped for that. The general sentiment right now is that 13 is EVERYTHING that 12 was not and is fucking amazing. I'm buying day one. The fact that it plays like 2k2 means this is going to be the real return of KOF and not just an experimental Beta like 12. Though it may have gotten less flack if they just called it Fatal Fury....

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Lines moving, you on the street or in the parking lot?[/QUOTE]
sorry i didnt check the fourm i was in the parking lot the line was gay ass hell:bomb::bomb: saw markman with a hottie:cool: i didnt stay long it wasnt worth my time i should of just practice with combofiend ;)

Got to play a 6+ hour session with 80% of my crew yesterday. So fun.....though now I have to rethink if I want to keep playing Seth.

Pros:
-BnB is still good for mixups
-Crossup still rules
-Ultra 2 has a billion setups. Off j.hp, Legs in the Corner, FADC Shoryu, etc....

Cons:
-Ultra 1 is pretty much useless now without the trap. But could be good against a character like Hakan.
-Dive Kick is worse on block now
-Teleport Mixup is gone. Literally if you try to press anything after Teleport you get nothing (c.lk, EX SPD...)
-j.HP is no longer free zoning anymore. Shit doesn't stay out long, hits weird (but neither like Sim's)
-(Possibly) Super juggle off j.mp xx Stomps/Whiff Dive is gone. Tried it three times and it whiffed when it should hit.

Throughout the night I just had to really mod how I usually play Seth. It stinks. Still fun, but not as fun as before hahaha

On the other hand, Abel's new Ultra (Breathless) is hilarious. You can delay it by holding down all three kicks and shit travels like 3/4ths screen :lol:

[quote name='trajin']sorry i didnt check the fourm i was in the parking lot the line was gay ass hell:bomb::bomb: saw markman with a hottie:cool: i didnt stay long it wasnt worth my time i should of just practice with combofiend ;)[/QUOTE]
Haha, I was freezing out there :/

It was meh, once we got in like 4 hours later, it was kinda....now what? lol

It was funny watching the oil wrestling tho

Double KO was kinda cool to see also w/ Daigo and Justin

bread's done
Back