Fighting Game Thread 6 is dedicated in memory of Chac*

[quote name='Mr. Beef']So does this mean Joe isn't in? I haven't kept up with KOFXIII news at all. Rage rising.[/QUOTE]

Joe is still in it, meaning Hwa Jai is a waste of space. The reason why I say "KOF will probably suck" is bacause I've lost faith in their ablity to make good games. Seriously, the last good game was KOFXI five years ago. At this point it's just much safer to say it will suck. I used to be a diehard SNK fanboy, so this hurts.

[quote name='Rodimus']Joe is still in it, meaning Hwa Jai is a waste of space. The reason why I say "KOF will probably suck" is bacause I've lost faith in their ablity to make good games. Seriously, the last good game was KOFXI five years ago. At this point it's just much safer to say it will suck. I used to be a diehard SNK fanboy, so this hurts.[/QUOTE]

Actually Hwa in this is a mix of Adon AND Joe.

And KOF has ALWAYS been like this. For every bad KOF a really GOOD KOF comes out.

94 bad
95 good
96 bad
97 decent
98 fuckING GOOD
99 LOL
00 alright
01 Eolith
02 GREAT
03 alright
XI GREAT
XII Decent

[quote name='Rodimus']Hwa Jai!?! Seriously!?! That's fucking lame. He's a Joe clone.[/QUOTE]

Who's Hwa Jai? All I saw was Adon fighting some ugly tall chick.

[quote name='Chacrana']How would someone get their ass whooped for not thinking KOFXIII will be good? That just seems ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='Paco']Actually Hwa in this is a mix of Adon AND Joe.

And KOF has ALWAYS been like this. For every bad KOF a really GOOD KOF comes out.

94 bad
95 good
96 bad
97 decent
98 fuckING GOOD
99 LOL
00 alright
01 Eolith
02 GREAT
03 alright
XI GREAT
XII Decent[/QUOTE]

Your own example disproves your theory :whistle2:k

[quote name='Chacrana']Your own example disproves your theory :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Actually that's only technically correct. If you use SNK math the pattern is this

94 BAD
95 GOOD
96 BAD
98 GOOD
01 BAD
02 GOOD
03 BAD
XI GOOD
XII BAD
XIII GOOD

Hmm, Ralf's Ura Ura punches look cool. Glad to see he's actually getting moves. But still, I'm not getting excited. I made that mistake when I got hyped for KOFXII. And KOF 96' is awesome, I disaprove of your theory.

[quote name='Rodimus']Hmm, Ralf's Ura Ura punches look cool. Glad to see he's actually getting moves. But still, I'm not getting excited. I made that mistake when I got hyped for KOFXII. And KOF 96' is awesome, I disaprove of your theory.[/QUOTE]

KOF 96 had great music, BUT it was broken as fuck. It wasn't until 98 that they perfected the systems that 96 introduced. It's a good game, but it's broken and in a way bad.

And EVERYONE got new moves. The lacking characters got most to all of the old moves back. Mature looks fucking unbelieveable this time around. Elizabeth looks good too. They got rid of the clash system, the counter system, the full zooming and the critical combos. They're going back to 2002's gameplay system for this one and it looks amazing. Why not check out the gameplay videos and see everything?

I've seen all the recent loketest videos from HK and I've got to say this is what XII should have been. One video had Kyo do a Hyper Drive combo in the corner and finished it off with his Neomax with looked incredibly sick. The game already shows that it plays a helluva lot faster than XII with all the features previous KOF games had like counters and emergency rolls. Can't wait till the next loketest when they hopefully reveal K's team. Day one purchase.

I actually liked KOF99.. I'm not letting SNK rape my pretty face this time around. Unless this game is 20x better than the last one, I aint buyin it.

[quote name='PhrostByte']I actually liked KOF99.. I'm not letting SNK rape my pretty face this time around. Unless this game is 20x better than the last one, I aint buyin it.[/QUOTE]

The broken ass strikers that can lead to 100% damage with one combo? The fifty Kyos? The introduction of K Dash? Some people like the Nests Saga, but 99 and to some lesser extent 00 were broken with those strikers.

[quote name='Paco']Actually Hwa in this is a mix of Adon AND Joe.

94 bad
95 good
96 bad
97 decent
98 fuckING GOOD
99 LOL
00 alright
01 Eolith
02 GREAT
03 alright
XI GREAT
XII Decent[/QUOTE]

I don't see Neowave on your list. :whistle2:k

And how can you say 96 is bad when it has the BOSS TEAM?

[quote name='Paco']KOF 96 had great music, BUT it was broken as fuck. It wasn't until 98 that they perfected the systems that 96 introduced. It's a good game, but it's broken and in a way bad.[/QUOTE]

KOF 96' was made almost 15 years ago. If you wanted a perfectly balanced fighter then I suggest to time travel a few years later when that shit started to matter. KOF 95' (which you seem to think is one of the "GOOD" ones) is just as bad, if not worse. In 94' & 95' SNK purposely designed Kyo as a fucking beast. This was to force him to be the SNK poster boy he's known as today. It was a cheap way for him to overcome the popularity of already established characters like Terry & Ryo. KOF 96' fixed this by super nerfing Kyo with this command punches.

KOF 96' redrew every character sprite (which seems to be a big deal by today's standards) And how can you go wrong with a team of Geese, Krauser and Mr. Big? That's the most intimidating team ever. It was also the first KOF to introduce the SDM which has been a staple in the KOF series.

[quote name='Rodimus']KOF 96' was made almost 15 years ago. If you wanted a perfectly balanced fighter then I suggest to time travel a few years later when that shit started to matter. KOF 95' (which you seem to think is one of the "GOOD" ones) is just as bad, if not worse. In 94' & 95' SNK purposely designed Kyo as a fucking beast. This was to force him to be the SNK poster boy he's known as today. It was a cheap way for him to overcome the popularity of already established characters like Terry & Ryo. KOF 96' fixed this by super nerfing Kyo with this command punches.

KOF 96' redrew every character sprite (which seems to be a big deal by today's standards) And how can you go wrong with a team of Geese, Krauser and Mr. Big? That's the most intimidating team ever. It was also the first KOF to introduce the SDM which has been a staple in the KOF series.[/QUOTE]

You got a point there. I love Mortal Kombat 2 and that game is broken as fuck. And Kyo was overpowered in 95. But Chin was overpowered in 96. Chin was overpowered to the point where you had to have him on your team. And 95 was good in the sense that it fixed most of what was wrong with 94. Though 95 is ancient by todays standards gameplay wise.

And 96 a Nerf? The Rekka Chain Kyo is what most people love. Though at the time the hilariousness of changing him was nothing short of EPIC. It would be like Ken no longer being able to throw fireballs.

I gotta be honest. Not a big fan of Mr. Big, I'm alright with Geese and Krauser pisses me off ever since I played Fatal Fury 2. Though I rather have Sports Team in there in some shape or form. You forgot that 96 is when they introduced actual rolling rather then that dodge thing.

And Shermie is in one of the backgrounds in 13. SNK just unleashed a shitstorm by bringing back Vice and Mature and now having Shermie in the background.........

[quote name='Inf^Shini']You wrong! FOR ME IT WILL BE TUESDAY!

EY! All you foos better be on Tuesday, Team battles all day.[/QUOTE]
I won't have it until next weekend, at the earliest. :cry:

[quote name='Inf^Shini']You wrong! FOR ME IT WILL BE TUESDAY!

EY! All you foos better be on Tuesday, Team battles all day.[/QUOTE]

With chars we don't know how to play? Profound sadness! How about some trials first?

KoF talk?! What is this?! Need netcode impressions for the inevitable console release since it's the only way I can play. If the netcode's good, I'll give it a shot.

I'm just going to assume that KOFXIII will be shitty. Then, if it's actually good, I'll be pleasantly surprised. Sure beats being hyped up and disappointed. ;)

[quote name='Paco']You got a point there. I love Mortal Kombat 2 and that game is broken as fuck. And Kyo was overpowered in 95. But Chin was overpowered in 96. Chin was overpowered to the point where you had to have him on your team. And 95 was good in the sense that it fixed most of what was wrong with 94. Though 95 is ancient by todays standards gameplay wise.

And 96 a Nerf? The Rekka Chain Kyo is what most people love. Though at the time the hilariousness of changing him was nothing short of EPIC. It would be like Ken no longer being able to throw fireballs.

I gotta be honest. Not a big fan of Mr. Big, I'm alright with Geese and Krauser pisses me off ever since I played Fatal Fury 2. Though I rather have Sports Team in there in some shape or form. You forgot that 96 is when they introduced actual rolling rather then that dodge thing.

And Shermie is in one of the backgrounds in 13. SNK just unleashed a shitstorm by bringing back Vice and Mature and now having Shermie in the background.........[/QUOTE]

In latter KOF games Kyo's QCF command punches did become ridiculously broken, but in 96' I don't remember it being so bad. Maybe it was, if so I'm sure he's not alone in that department.

I'm not a fan of Mr. Big either but I always wished KOF would include Krauser & Geese more. A Garou Boss team of Geese, Krauser & Kain would rock. Another great team is the 97' special team of Billy, Mary & Yamazaki. Also, I've never been a fan of Vice & Mature. I would've been fine without them.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I'm just going to assume that KOFXIII will be shitty. Then, if it's actually good, I'll be pleasantly surprised. Sure beats being hyped up and disappointed. ;)[/QUOTE]

Shitty? It's going to be so good that it's going to make EVERYTHING look like El Trasho. The Loketest should have been in Mexico though. Wasting a Loketest on Japan? LOL They should have put them in Hong Kong, China, Mexico, Brazil, Korea, Taiwan and most of South America.

And Rodimus, you're right. Kyo's Rekka chains were not totally broken in 96, but as time passed on they started becoming even more ridicious and stupider with how many hits they did.

I wouldn't mind seeing Geese more, but I wish Krauser would get that nerf he so richly deserves. He's worse then Sagat in nearly every Street Fighter with the amount of health, priority, how fast his moves come out. Most people pick him in 98 UM because of that crap. At least they fixed it so people have a chance with other characters and not just the Iori, Kyo, Goro, Orochi Chris and so forth.

At least Mr. Big is a pimp. He talks about big sticks a lot though. SNK needs better translators.

In all honesty, I'm not too much of a Vice/Mature fan, but they do have a dedicated fanbase and they do have quite the personality. I'd love to see Heavy D return but I know that will most likely never happen.

KOF XIII is going to be one of the best fighting games ever made. Only SNK is crazy enough to chase their Otaku style dreams. Plus SNK flat out said that if this game fails, there will be no more King of Fighters. Either bankruptcy or permanent witch touching and Pachinko games from here on out.

[quote name='Paco']KOF XIII is going to be one of the best fighting games ever made. Only SNK is crazy enough to chase their Otaku style dreams. Plus SNK flat out said that if this game fails, there will be no more King of Fighters. Either bankruptcy or permanent witch touching and Pachinko games from here on out.[/QUOTE]

I hope you're right. I just can't trust SNK anymore. This KOF better be good cause they're running out of things to throw into collection games.

Honestly I think they need to do some kind of disc based mega collection on 360 & PS3, complete with achievements. I'd play that.

[quote name='Rodimus']I hope you're right. I just can't trust SNK anymore. This KOF better be good cause they're running out of things to throw into collection games.

Honestly I think they need to do some kind of disc based mega collection on 360 & PS3, complete with achievements. I'd play that.[/QUOTE]

A collection would be excellent. The Orochi Saga collection for PSP wasn't bad aside from the long load times, audio glitches and the PSP layout itself. Putting something like that on a console though... How could it not be a recipe for excellence? I'd buy it the second I saw it.

They fucked up the US PS2 release of Orochi collection. I don't understand how SNK USA manages to wreck perfectly serviceable PS2 ports on their way across the ocean.

I want a PS3 compilation of KOF 94-03. PS3 so I can buy the Japanese version and not worry about it being wrecked by SNK USA.

[quote name='Halo05']They fucked up the US PS2 release of Orochi collection. I don't understand how SNK USA manages to wreck perfectly serviceable PS2 ports on their way across the ocean.

I want a PS3 compilation of KOF 94-03. PS3 so I can buy the Japanese version and not worry about it being wrecked by SNK USA.[/QUOTE]

SNK USA always fucks things up. I still remember the SNK vs Capcom Card Fighter DS glitch. That was an atrocious game breaking mistake.

[quote name='trajin']sorry i didnt check the fourm i was in the parking lot the line was gay ass hell:bomb::bomb: Saw markman with a hottie:cool: i didnt stay long it wasnt worth my time i should of just practice with combofiend ;)[/quote]

[quote name='KingBroly']Do you have a Stick or Fightpad for 360 or PS3?[/QUOTE]

PS3
Stick
Fightpad
Sega Saturn Pad

I'm using my Happ stick for Super Street Fighter 4. You gonna play?

[quote name='Chacrana']Sooo.... 360 or PS3 version of SSF?[/QUOTE]

Do you want to play online, and do you have XBL gold? Since I don't think you have XBL Gold, go PS3. Or do whatever.

I'm going PS3, since I don't even have a 360 ATM.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Do you want to play online, and do you have XBL gold? Since I don't think you have XBL Gold, go PS3. Or do whatever.

I'm going PS3, since I don't even have a 360 ATM.[/QUOTE]

You have a PS3? You play HDR still? I wouldn't mind a few games. You KOF Heathen. ;)

[quote name='Paco']You have a PS3? You play HDR still? I wouldn't mind a few games. You KOF Heathen. ;)[/QUOTE]

Just because I don't like KOFXII doesn't mean I'm a KOF heathen. I've liked all of the previous KOFs outside of 2K1 and Negrowave. Those two were trash.

I used to love SNK, then they died and were replaced by Eolith, which was shitty, or SNK Playmore, which is hit or miss. Maybe KOFXIII will be good shit. I sure would like it to be.

And yes, I do have a PS3, and yes, I still play HDR. We can play sometime, if the Bugbone shitty netcode hijinks can be kept at bay.

lol, i hate your roomies axc :). Couple of those matches we had, we both dropped solid opportunites to hurt each other. I kept super jumping out of nowhere. Damn.

[quote name='ninja dog']does the PS3 version of SSFIV still do that weird resolution drop on hyper combos? was that even noticeable? sounded weird.[/QUOTE]

It was only noticeable if you were looking for it. And apparently SSFIV doesn't have that anymore. :bouncy:

[quote name='Chacrana']Sooo.... 360 or PS3 version of SSF?[/QUOTE]

PS3, because I wanna use my namco stick and you should too. Not to mention, it's the only way I can play shini, beef, Jest, axc, esper, option, hank, etc. Since they don't own 360s or don't have a working one.

[quote name='ninja dog']does the PS3 version of SSFIV still do that weird resolution drop on hyper combos? was that even noticeable? sounded weird.[/QUOTE]

No, that's gone, the resolution dropped anytime there was a close-up and it was only noticeable if you stared at the life bars.

EDIT: Here ya go, proof - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20826434&postcount=30755

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Esper']lol, i hate your roomies axc :). Couple of those matches we had, we both dropped solid opportunites to hurt each other. I kept super jumping out of nowhere. Damn.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, the day I drop cr.hp xx legs with Seth is the day I stop playing SF all together. Shit is automatic.

[quote name='distgfx']PS3, because I wanna use my namco stick and you should too. Not to mention, it's the only way I can play shini, beef, Jest, axc, esper, option, hank, etc. Since they don't own 360s or don't have a working one.
[/QUOTE]

This ^

My 360 died a while ago, still sitting on the floor and I don't care enough to replace it. Going to get it for PS3 tomorrow @ Midnight at a GS maybe 20-30 minutes away.

Most of my crew has SFIV (and coming SSFIV) for 360, but I play them twice a week so I don't need to revive my 360 for any reason.

[quote name='distgfx']@axc - Late question in response to an earlier post, but who are you going to be playing if you decide to drop Seth?[/QUOTE]

Not really sure. Granted I've only had 6 hours of play time with the new Seth. It's hard because Seth really is the epitome of my play-style. Way risky and way flashy. The amount of stuff U2 combos off of makes SSFIV Seth a completely different matchup in some aspects, though losing his best Zoning and Rushdown tools was really annoying.

Abel's my other main, but I only played him once at the Super gathering.

Had my eye on Adon since he was my main in A2/A3 and Juri.

Also I just remembered, Viper players will love the new Ultra. I was messing around with it last Friday and it punishes random fireballs and hits off Ex Seismo xx SJC xx Ultra 2. Shit is too funny.

I'm getting it for the 360... so if you want competition, get it on the 360. just kaeding.

Sagat matchup feels easier. Rufus U2 is hilarious. So is T. Hawk's U2.

EDIT: the Viper player in my group said her new Ultra is ass. =p

Just got in from Orlando from my cousin's wedding... had such a good time... I even had time to stop by a local store where they had a demo unit of SSFIV setup. Played Cody for a bit and already can say he's my new main (as expected). Transition from SFA3 to this was pie.

EDIT:

PS3 for SSFIV here, gettin from amazon

bread's done
Back