Fighting Thread XXXII - How, Exactly, Can Blood Melt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
geez man I wanted to buy new arcade parts today...

for enough sticks and buttons to make 3 sticks with, it was gonna set me back almost $200!!! maybe even more (I was purchasing from 2 stores...)

too much :( I had to back away...

one of these days I'ma be rich tho... muhfuggin actuary scrilla for life... but not now...

akihabara shop dont close shop again for another 11 days so I may jus buy me enough parts for one stick...

I also learned today that in tekken you can do two button press moved by pressing only one button while holding the other button down.

i.e. hold 1, 2 will perform like 1, 1+2.

I've already found great uses for this! ^_^v~~~

yeay! that's actually how I found out about it!

they said like do 3+4~f (hold down 3), N, 4 and sum shyt like that.

I'm actually using it to help me with my wall game,

I saw this dood (Ricky from Lancaster) do typical juggle and used the 3+4 to push the opponent into the wall, then followed it with the 1,2,3,3,3 stuff.

I hella practiced it before but could never pull it off, now it looks a lot more doable!

I'm finally getting into import gaming. Anyone have an opinion on what the top 10 Import PS2 Fighters are? These would be games that haven't had a USA release announcement yet (ex. Firepro Returns, King of Fighters XI, etc.)

Dunno that there's 10 worthy import fighters on the PS2. But as for stuff that hasn't been announced at all... hmm:

1) Hokuto no Ken (YOU WA SHOCK!!)
2) Garou: Mark of the Wolves
3) Melty Blood: Act Cadenza
4) Samurai Spirits: Tenkaichi
5) Real Bout Collection

I think Neo Geo Battle Coliseum was announced for the US... maybe? Well, that game's great.

[quote name='MadFlava']I'm finally getting into import gaming. Anyone have an opinion on what the top 10 Import PS2 Fighters are? These would be games that haven't had a USA release announcement yet (ex. Firepro Returns, King of Fighters XI, etc.)[/QUOTE]

Both Fire Pro Returns and KOF XI are coming to the USA. KOF XI comes out in September and FPR later this year. I already have KOF pre-ordered.

Edit: KOF is october.

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=281818

[quote name='Chacrana']Dunno that there's 10 worthy import fighters on the PS2. But as for stuff that hasn't been announced at all... hmm:

1) Hokuto no Ken (YOU WA SHOCK!!)
2) Garou: Mark of the Wolves
3) Melty Blood: Act Cadenza
4) Samurai Spirits: Tenkaichi
5) Real Bout Collection

I think Neo Geo Battle Coliseum was announced for the US... maybe? Well, that game's great.[/QUOTE]

major flaw with NGBC is the damage... matches between two good people go way too long. Plus if one character dies, you're almost 90% screwed...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']major flaw with NGBC is the damage... matches between two good people go way too long. Plus if one character dies, you're almost 90% screwed...[/QUOTE]

.....and the fact that Tung can tear fools up.

My Picks:

1) Hokuto No Ken
2) Melty Blood: Act Cadenza
3) Garou: Mark of The Wolves
4) Vampire: Darkstalkers Collection

As Growlanser mentioned, both NGBC and KOFXI should be out in the U.S in the fall. I am assuming they won't screw up the port and you won't have to import them. If they do, the two Japanese versions of those games can be had on the cheap.

I haven't even played it yet, but from what I've seen Arcana Heart will probably end up being my new addition to that list. Only two months to go until it comes out :)

EXCITEMENT

Yo... Not sure if anyone cares/is watching but the SBO 32>4 and finals for Arcana Heart, Melty Blood: Act Cadenza, and Guilty Gear XX Accent Core are going on right now! Finals will be followed right after!

Right now Melty Blood 32>4 are going on...

http://www.famitsu.com/tougeki07final_xggcabaahf/

The stream might be a bitch to get into(took me 20 minutes of trying via WinAMP, VLC, and WMP)... it's limited to only 2000 viewers at a time...

Yesterday's Hyper Street Fighter II: Anniversary Edition, King of Fighters '98, and Third Strike finals were IN-F-U-C-K-I-N-G-SANE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are some vids of it... watch the 3S RX matches:

http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=xburningvigorx

Hey MM, I saw in the general gaming talk that you got your hands on the PSPlite... any impressions and comparisons on the buttons/d-pad in terms of fighter players like us?

Yep! The new PSP redesign is really good! The dpad is a lot more responsive, in fact I like it a lot more(feelwise) than the white PSPs(which already had an improved dpad!)... the buttons don't feel bleh anymore, they actually have some spring and tension to them... same with the nub/shoulders... It honestly felt more like a PS2 Dual Shock 2 when I had it in my hands(I'm talking about the dpad/buttons not the shape)....

So yea... good news for fighters. :)

[quote name='MarkMan']Yep! The new PSP redesign is really good! The dpad is a lot more responsive, in fact I like it a lot more(feelwise) than the white PSPs(which already had an improved dpad!)... the buttons don't feel bleh anymore, they actually have some spring and tension to them... same with the nub/shoulders... It honestly felt more like a PS2 Dual Shock 2 when I had it in my hands(I'm talking about the dpad/buttons not the shape)....

So yea... good news for fighters. :)[/QUOTE]

sweet... here's hoping for one other thing you might know... are the right side face buttons easy to do slides like you can do on a PS2 controller easily? Quick sliding techniques were always a bitch in Tekken DR on PSP due to the buttons sticking out alot. Not a big deal though since your impressions stand well with the d-pad.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']everyone here's seen this... abotu 4 threads back, but thx old raspooti.[/QUOTE]

Everyone.......?

Anyways, ur welcome.

Yes! Hands on with the new PSP controls, and the verdict is good! Makes me happier, but more anxious to get a Slim PSP. Hopefully GS opens pre-orders this week so I can use my credits...

Does anyone have experience with ordering an arcade stick from play-asia, as far as shipping cost and transit time? I'm thinking of importing the Wii stick just in case Gamestop's date changes.

They ship sticks via UPS/Air options only due to size/weight, so it ends up being damn expensive. I think it will run you another $45-$50.

Edit: the upside (if there is one, I guess) is that UPS is fast and trackable. With UPS, customs is pretty quick and it should reach you in about 2-3 business days after order, if the item is in stock.

Yea just go with GameStop, it might be a little late but it should be out by the time we get GG AC...

I'm getting mine soon anyways....

[quote name='JEKKI']I hella practiced it before but could never pull it off, now it looks a lot more doable![/QUOTE]When I read this sentence, it just occurred to me that you can't spell "doable" without D.O.A. :whistle2:s

[quote name='gunm']Yes! Hands on with the new PSP controls, and the verdict is good! Makes me happier, but more anxious to get a Slim PSP. Hopefully GS opens pre-orders this week so I can use my credits...[/quote]

I'll be finally picking up a PSP when the slim comes out. I picked up Darkstalkers and Street Fightet Alpha 3 Max during Amazon and CC clearances. So I hope the D-Pad is fix so I can get some 2-D fighting goodness on the go. I also have Metal Gear Acid 2, Metal Gear Portable Ops, Lumines, and Valkyrie Profile Lenneth all waiting for me to get a PSP (again, all picked up during clearance sales).

It looks like the US version of T5DR Online might not come out until Thursday, August 23rd. I got an invite to a Namco Bandai Games Inc. media event in San Francisco that will be premiering a few online titles, Tekken 5: DR ONLINE being one of them... the event it set to take place on Tuesday, Aug. 21st.

So I'll be up in San Francisco... any good import shops there?

[quote name='MarkMan']It looks like the US version of T5DR Online might not come out until Thursday, August 23rd.[/quote]Hahah, the day before PAX! That's some great timing. :lol:

[quote name='MarkMan']It looks like the US version of T5DR Online might not come out until Thursday, August 23rd. I got an invite to a Namco Bandai Games Inc. media event in San Francisco that will be premiering a few online titles, Tekken 5: DR ONLINE being one of them... the event it set to take place on Tuesday, Aug. 21st.

So I'll be up in San Francisco... any good import shops there?[/QUOTE]

Aw fuck. Well.... I'll still buy it obviously.

[quote name='MarkMan']http://arcadeheroes.com/2007/08/10/virtua-fighter-5-coming-to-usa-arcades-compete-with-tekken-6/

Ok, someone please tell me what's funny about this link...[/QUOTE]

:lol: mr popular!

must have been from E3 or something...

note... I saw this and immediately thought of Chac's sig:

WF2007S-01-5085.jpg

oh and these are pretty sweet too:

WF2007S-01-5015.jpg

WF2007S-01-5178.jpg

WF2007S-01-5152.jpg

WF2007S-01-5154.jpg

WF2007S-01-5168.jpg

oh and Basara X is hitting arcades on Nov 15th

Totally your call... I got it because I love the OG ones. :)

But yea, that VF article... I wonder how they got a personal photo of mine!

[quote name='MarkMan']Totally your call... I got it because I love the OG ones. :)

But yea, that VF article... I wonder how they got a personal photo of mine![/QUOTE]

is it on your flickr accnt?

also... wow... gamestop has Neo Geo BC up... it's a great price too.. $19.99, but most likely you will be able to get it from other stores for $15 !!!!

damn... release is 10/23/07

also KoF XI will be dropping on 10/4/07... most likely the same price as well... nice.

Also from what people have been reporting the Fatal Fury Battle Archives 1 game manual states that Battle Archives 2 will be comming out sometime here as well...

[quote name='MarkMan']
So I'll be up in San Francisco... any good import shops there?[/QUOTE]

Not really. The only good import shop we had (15 minutes outside of San Francisco) apparently shut down a couple months ago. There's a small Japanese electronics shop in San Jose called "User's Side". They don't carry much in terms of import PS2/DS/PSP/Wii but they have a decent amount of Japanese consoles and accessories.

I can't wait to get T5DR Online. Gotta make sure I can juggle playing that a bunch and Bioshock next week.

Good to see NGBC is releasing at such a low price. Hopefully many people will actually buy good games like NGBC and KOFXI. I remember Chac and I getting bitched at here on CAG for refusing to "Support SNK" by not buying the AOF Collection.

Nah, you guys were right to trash AoF. I don't think I bashed anyone for saying it was bad, but if I did, my apologies. My nostalgia was clouded by not remembering how cheap and slow the gameplay is.

The game does suck ass (except for AoF 3 which didn't quite suck as much brown hole).

[quote name='gunm']Nah, you guys were right to trash AoF. I don't think I bashed anyone for saying it was bad, but if I did, my apologies. My nostalgia was clouded by not remembering how cheap and slow the gameplay is.

The game does suck ass (except for AoF 3 which didn't quite suck as much brown hole).[/quote]

So I should skip Art of Fighting Collection? I'm not too familiar with this series but I was considering picking up Fatal Fury Battle Archive. Anyone have any opinions about Fatal Fury 1-4?

AOF is crap. Not negotiable. Original Fatal Fury games? Meh. Sorta like a Broke-Ass Real Bout. Not really worth playing anymore IMO.

[quote name='Old Rasputin']Just got done playing some Fatal Fury Special. It's no 3s but still fun. Cant 'wait for the XBLA version.[/QUOTE]

Are you trying to not be a troll anymore?

I kind of hope that T5DR doesn't come out till the 23rd because I wouldn't be able to play it till the 22nd at the earliest anyway.

edit: that game you posted ReRo looks like it can't decide whether it wants to be Tekken or Virtua Fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back