Figure skating mishap on ESPN2

jbroush99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
I was surfing the channels a few minutes ago and stopped on ESPN2 because there was a female figure skater laying on the ice and medical personnel rushing to her. She was laying there motionless and her partner was pretty shook up.
They went to a replay and it was a very brutal fall she took. She was being held up over the guys head, upright with her legs spread to the side. The guy tried to hold her with one hand, lost his balance, and they both fell forward. Since they were holding hands to perform the move, she couldn't get them out to break her fall. Basically, her face took the impact from the fall. ESPN2 was nice enough to show 2 replays from different angles.
They hauled her off on a stretcher and took her to the hospital.
It was a previously taped event so there is an article on ESPN.com about her concussion and not remembering what happened.

Disclaimer: I am not an avid figure skater fan, never have been, never will be.

[quote name='BigNick']Did a boob pop out? Or maybe a panty shot?[/quote]

I'm still laughing as I type this............

And Nick, you must not watch figure skating much cause theres a panty shot every 15 seconds. They just don't last very long.

I saw it on Sportscenter the other day. That fall was brutal.

not as bad as Jason Kendall breaking his leg running to first though

[quote name='BigNick']Did a boob pop out? Or maybe a panty shot?[/quote]

Neither happened. Although she hit so hard I was surpised her eyeball didn't pop out of her head.

Ya know this fall was ice skater hard...not football hard. I'm sure it hurt, but come on...don't be a whiner. Plus this is the most publicity that skater has ever seen, so think of it as a career move. God...when did I get to be so jaded?

Seen worst.

Gotta Drop this though

Pylis: That sig is sweet except for the fact that her face looks exactly like your avatar, it creeps me out and excites me at the same time.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I saw it on Sportscenter the other day. That fall was brutal.

not as bad as Jason Kendall breaking his leg running to first though[/quote]

And that wasn't as bad as Sid breaking his leg LIVE on WCW programming. It was even worse than Joe Theismann.

[quote name='GuilewasNK'][quote name='CaseyRyback']I saw it on Sportscenter the other day. That fall was brutal.

And that wasn't as bad as Sid breaking his leg LIVE on WCW programming. It was even worse than Joe Theismann.[/quote]

Theismann was bad...how could I ever forget LT doing the favor?
Do you guys remember when Napoleon Kaufman's knee bent the wrong way during a game? Still get chills... :shock:

[quote name='tickdude'][quote name='GuilewasNK'][quote name='CaseyRyback']I saw it on Sportscenter the other day. That fall was brutal.

And that wasn't as bad as Sid breaking his leg LIVE on WCW programming. It was even worse than Joe Theismann.[/quote]

Theismann was bad...how could I ever forget LT doing the favor?
Do you guys remember when Napoleon Kaufman's knee bent the wrong way during a game? Still get chills... :shock:[/quote]

Yeah, I remember Kaufman. Ouch!

[quote name='The Shiznit']it was napolean mccallum not kaufman...but it was still nasty[/quote]

Thanks. I knew it was Napolean something, lol.

I found two pics of Napoleon McCallum's leg getting ripped to bits...

Watermarked though...

Anyone who watched the Monday Night Football season opener on Sept. 5, 1994 between the Los Angeles Raiders and the San Francisco 49ers at Candlestick Park remembers. 49ers linebacker Ken Norton Jr. tackled McCallum and in the pileup McCallum dislocated his knee, tearing three ligaments, ripping his calf and hamstring muscles from the bone, and incurring nerve and artery damage.

In surgery, doctors were concerned that if the operation did not go well, his leg could have to be amputated. In the end, McCallum endured six surgeries, including two knee reconstructions. The rehabilitation was as painful as any of the surgeries, but now McCallum can walk, even if he cannot run or ever play again.

p2_98576-12104120702.jpg

p2_4200-12104120713.jpg

Holy Jebus....

[quote name='The Shiznit']it was napolean mccallum not kaufman...but it was still nasty[/quote]

You're right...I knew it was one of those French emperors. :lol:

BTW...that's fucking sick!! THANKS! :shock:

bread's done
Back