final fantasy 11 with hdd for 18.00 YMMV

[quote name='bobthecat23']went to my sears today to look for ps3 and saw final fantasy 11 wih the hdd for like 18.00 i was mlike wow that was good if only i had a old ps2[/quote]

That's what I was gonna say... Unless you've got the ol' fatty PS2 you're fuck ed.

Did they make any other games that take advantage of the PS2 HD??

[quote name='Chitown021']That's what I was gonna say... Unless you've got the ol' fatty PS2 you're fuck ed.

Did they make any other games that take advantage of the PS2 HD??[/QUOTE]
Some games can use it to decrease loading times but in NA, FFXI is the only game that requires it.

[quote name='rickonker']Some games can use it to decrease loading times but in NA, FFXI is the only game that requires it.[/quote]

That's right weren't those Resident Evil on-line side story games ones that could use the HD for the load time issues?? Seems I remember reading a review or something that the load times were PSP slow w/o the HD (obviously not a direct quote b/c the PSP didn't exist at the time but I think about everyone is aware of the PSP piss poor load times).

[quote name='Chitown021']That's right weren't those Resident Evil on-line side story games ones that could use the HD for the load time issues?? Seems I remember reading a review or something that the load times were PSP slow w/o the HD (obviously not a direct quote b/c the PSP didn't exist at the time but I think about everyone is aware of the PSP piss poor load times).[/QUOTE]

If by PSP slow, you mean fast, then yes. Resident Evil: Outbreak ran fine without the hard drive. Making the hard drive entirely pointless aside from playing one single game. Outbreak actually seemed kind of fun, but I don't think it's single player was good enough, and it didn't support voicechat if I'm remembering right, so kind of lame. But it actually seemed like it could have been pretty good with just voicechat added in (not as good as a real single player Resident Evil, but still).

On all of the 2K Sports games, you get streaming highlights at halftime, after games, and/or on the weekly recap shows just like on the XBox versions.

[quote name='Wolfpup']If by PSP slow, you mean fast, then yes. Resident Evil: Outbreak ran fine without the hard drive. Making the hard drive entirely pointless aside from playing one single game. Outbreak actually seemed kind of fun, but I don't think it's single player was good enough, and it didn't support voicechat if I'm remembering right, so kind of lame. But it actually seemed like it could have been pretty good with just voicechat added in (not as good as a real single player Resident Evil, but still).[/QUOTE]

You sure we're talking about the same game? There were rounds where my team died fast enough where I spent more time loading the stage than playing it.

[quote name='deallurkerguy']Did he mean the HDD, or the FFXI game?[/quote]

I meant the game, sorry. Buying it with the harddrive is the only way to get the game disc itself. I currently dont have my thick ps2, and quit playing final fantasy XI so i bought an external usb adapter for it and use it for storing my movies that ive converted for PSP. $18 for a 40 gig harddrive seems like an alright deal to me. Though im not quite sure what the running price of a 40gig is anymore.

bread's done
Back