Final Fantasy Boxed SET ( FFVII, FFVIII,FFIX) Strategy guides

Shadowmoses12

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I didn't see a topic on this
http://www.amazon.com/FINAL-FANTASY-FFVII-FFVIII-FFIX/dp/1101898046/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1407382752&sr=1-1&keywords=final+fantasy+box+set
$123.49

http://www.gamestop.com/strategy-guides/final-fantasy-box-set-ffvii-ffviii-ffix/116349
$129.99

i'll probably pick this up if the price is right, since i heard the guide for FFIX sucked.

Includes:
• The Final Fantasy Box Set is a must have for fans of this beloved series.

• The set includes hardcover versions of Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII and Final Fantasy IX,each comes with a ribbon bookmark and deluxe cover treatment.

• Each guide has been redesigned from scratch and updated with new high resolution screen shots. In
addition, the set comes with three iconic game images printed for first time as holographic lithographs.
• The three holographic prints are secured in a beautiful slipcase with magnetic closure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon stopped selling it directly because it is under review

I honestly hope Prima gets some blowback from Amazon over this.

Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

This is unprecedented. Thank God Amazon listened to their loyal customers and hopefully Prima either severely chops the price on these or redoes them so they're actually worthy of the price tag.

Be sure to pick up the 2nd box set!

Final Fantasy Box Set 2 (FFX, FFX2, FFXII)
http://www.gamestop.com/pc/strategy-guides/final-fantasy-box-set-2-ffx-ffx2-ffxii/122880

/endsarcasm

I hope everyone gets the word out on these (and the 2nd box set) so people won't get burned.

This is unprecedented. Thank God Amazon listened to their loyal customers and hopefully Prima either severely chops the price on these or redoes them so they're actually worthy of the price tag.
Very unlikely they redo them, but I'm pretty sure they are well aware of the outcry over these. They actually responded to one or two of my tweets regarding it as well. They said something along the lines of they noted the QA/QC issues and will be "learning from it for the future". Hopefully that means like immediate future with the second set of guides here.

Very unlikely they redo them, but I'm pretty sure they are well aware of the outcry over these. They actually responded to one or two of my tweets regarding it as well. They said something along the lines of they noted the QA/QC issues and will be "learning from it for the future". Hopefully that means like immediate future with the second set of guides here.
The problem is they are making a second round for more games.... and I think they are going to repeat the same thing they did here.... However if their vendors get on them about the guides that may change their attitudes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait for the Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross boxed set to come out! Although I already have the Chrono Cross guide from Brady, which is still probably better than anything Prima would release.

Can't wait for the Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross boxed set to come out! Although I already have the Chrono Cross guide from Brady, which is still probably better than anything Prima would release.
OOOOOoooo :) I didn't even think about that. Those guides were pretty sweet back in the day though except for a few major errors that really could've messed up your playthrough if you were trying to get all the characters in as few playthroughs as possible.

There's a Chrono set coming? Where's it being sold?

This isn't unprecedented. Usually with books, this message is seen because Amazon has received numerous complaints with how the item was damaged during shipping.

Now, it could very well be

This isn't unprecedented. Usually with books, this message is seen because Amazon has received numerous complaints with how the item was damaged during shipping.

Now, this time, it could very well be due to the item description on the page (pretty sure the initial description of the box set stated that the lithographs were going to be holographic or something as well). If Prima received a ton of complaints, I hope they address it (doubt it, I'm not terribly upset about my set). Again though, this sort of thing is not unprecedented.

I found this (on gamefaqs)

"I emailed Prima's customer service about this abysmal error riddled cash grab and they wrote this in reply.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are currently working on a solution for our box set customers. Our goal is to always create a product that fans can be proud to own, so please know we're taking this seriously. We will have a resolution to report back to you all as soon as possible.

Also worth noting, for those unaware, BradyGames merged with Prima last month."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197341-final-fantasy-vii/72129286/826298137

Perhaps there is hope yet? Though I don't exactly know how they could resolve this.... at least it seems they are very aware of the blowback though.

I didn't know they merged. Prima has been a little better than BradyGames, but they both fall well behind FuturePress and Piggyback

They sold it as a totally re-done set of guides, this POS is going back. It'll be on the UPS truck first thing tomorrow.

"Each guide has been redesigned and updated with new content and high resolution screen shots."

Yeah....um, nope.

bread's done
Back