Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection - From FFIV to The After Years - US: April 19

This PSP release is good & FF4 fans will want to play it but I prefer the DS version overall. I wish they had used that as the basis for this version & just improved the 3D character models over what the DS could do.

I think the 3D graphics add a ton to the presentation. The 2D graphics in this PSP release look extremely sterile & wierd because the resolution begs for more frames of animation. Reminds me a bit of the SSF2T HD remake that was done.

The DS version is the deffinitive version of the main game in my book because of its story & difficulty. Although I think they may have made it a *bit* too hard and some of the DS mini games are gimicky in the typical Nintendo way. Overall though the DS version is my favorite & has replaced the SNES version is my preferred way to play the game.

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']I never played this game before, how is this compared to chrono trigger?

I am debating whether to start this game or 3rd bday?

Is this game as good as xenogears, lunar, grandia?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it really is as good as those games. 3rd BDay is a different type of game all together but I don;t think it compares to FF4.

Got it! Just ordered it a few days ago from Gamestop and it came in today :)

[quote name='EverNight']This PSP release is good & FF4 fans will want to play it but I prefer the DS version overall. I wish they had used that as the basis for this version & just improved the 3D character models over what the DS could do.

I think the 3D graphics add a ton to the presentation. The 2D graphics in this PSP release look extremely sterile & wierd because the resolution begs for more frames of animation. Reminds me a bit of the SSF2T HD remake that was done.

The DS version is the deffinitive version of the main game in my book because of its story & difficulty. Although I think they may have made it a *bit* too hard and some of the DS mini games are gimicky in the typical Nintendo way. Overall though the DS version is my favorite & has replaced the SNES version is my preferred way to play the game.[/QUOTE]

Personally I think the exact opposite about the DS remakes, and vastly prefer the PSP ones. Far better graphics and music, and they're based on the original graphics, rather than just being these weird random polygonal characters.

I also hate the difficulty in the original game, and prefer the SNES one, so I hope the PSP one is based on that. Makes the game a lot faster based, and gives it more strategy. Only strategy in the original version is "spend hours power leveling".

[quote name='Hell Monkey']I can't believe Playstation Mag only gave it a 5 in the review. Tards.[/QUOTE]

It would have been a 10 but they took a point off for each pointless cash-in "remake."

I'll be here all week.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']It would have been a 10 but they took a point off for each pointless cash-in "remake."

I'll be here all week.[/QUOTE]

SNES FInal Fantasy II/IV-0
PS1 Final Fantasy IV -1
GBA Final Fantasy IV -1
DS Final Fantasy IV -1
PSP Final Fantasy IV -1

Unless I forgot something should have been a 6. ;)

[quote name='Hell Monkey']SNES FInal Fantasy II/IV-0
PS1 Final Fantasy IV -1
GBA Final Fantasy IV -1
DS Final Fantasy IV -1
PSP Final Fantasy IV -1

Unless I forgot something should have been a 6. ;)[/QUOTE]

forgot Wiiware version ;)

[quote name='Hell Monkey']I can't believe Playstation Mag only gave it a 5 in the review. Tards.[/QUOTE]

I guess my subscription ran out? Why the heck did they give it a 5, unless there was something seriously wrong with it? :lol:

[quote name='Wolfpup']I guess my subscription ran out? Why the heck did they give it a 5, unless there was something seriously wrong with it? :lol:[/QUOTE]

They complained the sprites looked to big.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']They complained the sprites looked to big.[/QUOTE]

Well, I mean that should be a concern for everyone.

I'm glad this was brought to my attention.

Alright I need help. I've gotten the hook attached to the Enterprise and now I've been to the Adamant Grotto and the guy there wants a Rat Tail how do I get it were do I go? and how do I get there?

If you need to progress in the game you need to
head to the island with the big tower and use the hovercraft to get to the cave
. If you wish to know where to go to get the rat tail you go to
the feymarch, which is a small island in the underground, you can first go there after you do the events you'll do when going to the aforementioned place. By the way, (super spoiler on where to look for the rat tail)
look for an out of place square in the feymarch.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I know that there is always copies on online retailers websites. What local physical retailers have you all seen this game at/purchased Final Fantasy IV Complete from?

I know Gamestop has this and probably Best Buy, but has anyone seen this at other stores like their Toys R Us or Target? I know Kmart is not carrying this.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop, BB, and Walmart are the only 3 physical retailers I've seen carry the game. It's strange Target and KMart don't carry it as they did carry Dissidia 2 and 3rd Birthday. Josh in the KMart thread only hinted at internal issues as why this wasn't carried by KMart (I'm assuming low sales on PSP software there) but not sure about Target.

Also I'm at a friend's place and he has a Wii but not a PSP. He's a big old-school FF nut so he asked me about this and I have no answer. What are the tweaks done from the Wii version vs. the PSP version of The After Years outside of graphics and not having to buy the game piecemeal?

[quote name='BattleChicken']So is this worth buying if I've alreay got the DS, GBA versions, and have most of the after years on wiiware?[/QUOTE]

Course it is!

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Course it is![/QUOTE]
Why?

Is the story bridging the two games worth it? Does After years actually benefit from the graphical bump? I know the cellphone-port graphics were pretty crap on the Wii.

I'm not a fan of the enhanced PSP sprites for, say, Final Fantasy 1, so I wonder if i'd be more annoyed with the graphics than pleased.

It is the full FFIV experience. Interlude brings it all together, and After Years does look a ton better from the graphic bump. I couldn't go play the WiiWare version after seeing the PSP version.

I've been trying to beat Asura but I lost.
My Levels are

Rydia: 34
Edge: 35
Rosa:35
Cecil:35

I had Kain in my party but I progressed through the story and now he's gone he stole the last crystal.

In my opinion I thought Interlude was mediocre.
It took 15 hours to make a 3 hour game? I know that the background and dungeons would take awhile but I can't see how/why they made the story so short.

Okay I'm in the Giant of Babil I saved in the second slot if I have to level up anymore.

Everyone is 40 except for Rydia she's 38 I have Fusoya who is 50.
So I tried facing the archfiends I faced Scarmogline and beat him but I can't beat Rubicante should I level up more in the Giant?

Thanks for the tips it worked. I just figured out there weaknesses then it was easy.

Now I'm on to facing the CPU any tips?
Also is the CPU the final boss or is there still Golbez?

[quote name='Reno Takamiya']Thanks for the tips it worked. I just figured out there weaknesses then it was easy.

Now I'm on to facing the CPU any tips?
Also is the CPU the final boss or is there still Golbez?[/QUOTE]

Kill the defender then the CPU itself.

Nope, just CPU.

is this like the ds version
i traded the UK version from a CAG and hope i like it
part 3 pissed me off with getting blinded every other turn

For some reason I can't find Ragnarok.I'm at the save point right next to the Holy Lance and the RIbbons. I know Ragnarock is prior to then and keep wandering between there and back to the beginning of the Lunar Sub but not finding it.(always did in SNES without an issue) Anyone got any hint of where it is?

Go back to the area with the two stairs just before that, and go down the left stairs, and directly left at the top left part of that area, and walk onto the air, follow that path, and you'll get to it
forewarning, that boss is by far and away the hardest of the weapon bosses on the lunar subterannae, hell its the hardest boss of all of the weapon bosses.

bread's done
Back