Final Fantasy IV Complete PSP GameStop $20 new $18 used

DeskLaser

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
I am on the mobile site now so I can't post links, and on a quick check I didn't see this posted anywhere else, but I just noticed this morning that GS dropped the price for Final Fantasy IV Complete for PSP. $20 for a new copy and $18 for a used copy.

Forgot to mention, try to find new if you can. It will come with a collection of cards and a DLC costume code for Duodecim Dissidia.

I managed to at least find a used copy around my work that had the original art and manual during my lunch break. Just in time before I go leave for MAGFest after work and hopefully get it signed by Nobuo Uematsu this weekend!

If you don't mind paying a little more, the PAL version is worth it as well..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Final-Fanta...ideo_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item1e649ab51e

Not that it comes with much more, but the packaging is a lot nicer.

3486_FFIV%20Exploded%20pack%20OPEN%20UK.JPG

I am lost I seen this at the store which version is this one? I have a couple of others I think. lOL

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gepet0']I am lost I seen this at the store which version is this one? I have a coule of others I think. lOL[/QUOTE]

If you mean the DS version, this one is considerably different. First, the graphics are redone with hi resolution sprites instead of polygons. That is a big factor for me as I much prefer that style. Second, it includes the after story episodes that are on Wii Ware and a new "bridge" to connect the events in between. Finally, I believe you can also choose between the original soundtrack and a new re-arranged/remixed soundtrack.

Just got back from Gamestop. Was going to buy Ys Limited Edition, Fate Stay Extra, and FFIV complete...

except.. they wouldn't sell me the boxes.

NEw games, gutted.

Boxes were "Display cases only"

I was told this after I had paid. So I asked them for a full refund, right there.

I'm going to write to corporate tonight. This is completely unacceptable. It's like giving you a copy of Skyrim and the statue but not the box. "Oh those are just for display".. No, they're to hold the fuckton of shit I'm supposed to get with the really expensive edition of that game I just paid for.

[quote name='Booj']Just got back from Gamestop. Was going to buy Ys Limited Edition, Fate Stay Extra, and FFIV complete...

NEw games, gutted.

I was told this after I had paid. So I asked them for a full refund, right there.

I'm going to write to corporate tonight. This is completely unacceptable. It's like giving you a copy of Skyrim and the statue but not the box. "Oh those are just for display".. No, they're to hold the fuckton of shit I'm supposed to get with the really expensive edition of that game I just paid for.[/QUOTE]

Yah a gamestop near me tried to pull that crap. I just walked out without saying a word on that note.

Not all gamestops are bad of course, but generally that company lacks ethics and common sense.

[quote name='whoknows']I heard this was the best Final Fantasy.[/QUOTE]
Pretty close, right behind VI for me. For $20 it is a fantastic experience for new or veteran players.

[quote name='Booj']Just got back from Gamestop. Was going to buy Ys Limited Edition, Fate Stay Extra, and FFIV complete...

NEw games, gutted.

I'm going to write to corporate tonight. This is completely unacceptable. It's like giving you a copy of Skyrim and the statue but not the box. "Oh those are just for display".. No, they're to hold the fuckton of shit I'm supposed to get with the really expensive edition of that game I just paid for.[/QUOTE]

They're still doing this? Ugh. I'm shocked the BBB hasn't come down on them for such a shady practice.

[quote name='TrumpetDan']They're still doing this? Ugh. I'm shocked the BBB hasn't come down on them for such a shady practice.[/QUOTE]

They haven't because this is legal. Don't like, don't buy. One thing people don't bitch about is that some "used games" are not used at all. These are games that are bought from Blockbuster, Best Buy, and other retailers brand new. The company is forced to sell these as "used" because of how they were acquired. The wrapper is removed and these games are sold as used. Most of these are old XBOX 360 titles, but a majority are DS games.

People forget this is the same company that will give you full value for your trade-ins even though you bring the disc only. No other company will do that (maybe Best Buy?). When I worked there, I recall people bringing their trash for trade-in. A 360 once came full of dead cockroaches. The owner said his console was sitting in the attic for 2 years.

[quote name='oasisboy']They haven't because this is legal. Don't like, don't buy. One thing people don't bitch about is that some "used games" are not used at all. These are games that are bought from Blockbuster, Best Buy, and other retailers brand new. The company is forced to sell these as "used" because of how they were acquired. The wrapper is removed and these games are sold as used. Most of these are old XBOX 360 titles, but a majority are DS games.

People forget this is the same company that will give you full value for your trade-ins even though you bring the disc only. No other company will do that (maybe Best Buy?). When I worked there, I recall people bringing their trash for trade-in. A 360 once came full of dead cockroaches. The owner said his console was sitting in the attic for 2 years.[/QUOTE]

I've never traded anything to Gamestop. I have dignity.

[quote name='Booj']I've never traded anything to Gamestop. I have dignity.[/QUOTE]

I am sure you have given them your $$$ at some point.

Argh...I was just at Gamestop picking up some PS2 games for the Buy 2 Get 2 free game sale.

Still though, come on universal price drop!

[quote name='Booj']I've never traded anything to Gamestop. I have dignity.[/QUOTE]

...and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! Anyways I won't hold you up from writing your letter to corporate demanding paper boxes with anime characters on them.

[quote name='iamsmart']...and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! Anyways I won't hold you up from writing your letter to corporate demanding paper boxes with anime characters on them.[/QUOTE]

Yes, because I want to hold my artbooks and soundtracks in a nice little plastic baggy that I attach next to the PSP game. That sounds as good as paying NEW FULL price and not getting the very thing that distinguishes the game from a regular version. /sarcasm

Maybe I go to a store and get exactly what they fucking advertise? I brought the fucking boxes right up to the checkout counter. I paid. They didn't give me them. Its not rocket science. Its not "Oh you must be the only guy who wants the original box". Look on Ebay. Complete versions of games (with boxes) sell for much much much more than their regular counterparts.

[quote name='whoknows']I heard this was the best Final Fantasy.[/QUOTE]

True FF fans born in the late 70's and early 80's will argue back and forth about IV or VI being the best FF. VII was revolutionary for its time and sold well, but it has aged horribly and why SE hasn't remade it when it would get them millions of sales to rival Skyrim and net a lot of money for SE I don't understand.

bread's done
Back