Final Fantasy Remake - Double 10 Dollar Rewards for Preorder?

douglasmcc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
97 (98%)
Not sure if it was a glitch or intentional, but I got a notice this morning saying that my copy of Final Fantasy Remake Standard Edition had shipped.  That made me happy enough, as I was afraid it might be delayed - had it pre-ordered on Amazon but it shifted to delivery unknown earlier in the week so I canceled it.  But, back on topic - about 3 hours later I got a message that I had a 25 dollar reward.  I did not have anywhere near that many points before so I looked for where they came from.  When I clicked on the Final Fantasy VII Remake purchase, this is what it said:

Total Points: 1142

My Best Buy Visa Purchase Bonus - 83

$10 Dollar Certificate for Final Fantasy VII Preorder - 500

Base Points - 59

Did this happen to anyone else?  Considering I preordered it when I still had Gamers Club - so got it for 51.23 ... this has been an especially Cheap Ass Gamer type of purchase.

P.S.  Sigh, I really miss Gamers Club.  Hate spending 64.04 on new releases (that includes local tax).

Last edited by a moderator:
Got $20 worth of rewards. Cancelled my Amazon glitch order as it wouldn’t show up until a week after release.
For what it's worth, I just picked up my copy and have not yet received notice of rewards zone certificates available. It's possible that these may trigger tomorrow, though normally it happens at the point of sale.

I preordered the Deluxe edition months ago with a cert and also got the 1000 points when it shipped. However, I haven't seen anything about the Chocobo Chick DLC that Best Buy's advertising as a preorder bonus. Was that one supposed to be an emailed code, or is it included in the package?

I preordered the Deluxe edition months ago with a cert and also got the 1000 points when it shipped. However, I haven't seen anything about the Chocobo Chick DLC that Best Buy's advertising as a preorder bonus. Was that one supposed to be an emailed code, or is it included in the package?
Chocobo Chick DLC will be emailed tomorrow. It should be included right below your FFVIIR Deluxe Edition order, if it's like mine. The Cactuar Summon is the DLC included in the Deluxe Edition.

Well darn! I received just $10 while everyone else got $20. This, and I had to wait an extra 5 days to get Animal Crossing. They're really messing up all of my orders lately.

For what it's worth, I just picked up my copy and have not yet received notice of rewards zone certificates available. It's possible that these may trigger tomorrow, though normally it happens at the point of sale.
I just picked mine up as well, no reward points yet. Edit : Literally as I hit the reply button, my email comes with a 20 dollar reward! Nice.

so did you guys receive 1000pts? i don't see it in my history or in pending points? i dont remember what was my initial balance to know if they added the points

I haven't even got the $10 yet.  I can't even go far enough back on my rewards history to find it listed since I ordered it in 2016.

I got $10 from it.  Did pay for it with Best Buy gift cards, so that might have been the reason why.

Not sure if it was a glitch or intentional, but I got a notice this morning saying that my copy of Final Fantasy Remake Standard Edition had shipped. That made me happy enough, as I was afraid it might be delayed - had it pre-ordered on Amazon but it shifted to delivery unknown earlier in the week so I canceled it. But, back on topic - about 3 hours later I got a message that I had a 25 dollar reward. I did not have anywhere near that many points before so I looked for where they came from. When I clicked on the Final Fantasy VII Remake purchase, this is what it said:

Total Points: 1142
My Best Buy Visa Purchase Bonus - 83
Base Points - 59

Did this happen to anyone else? Considering I preordered it when I still had Gamers Club - so got it for 51.23 ... this has been an especially Cheap Ass Gamer type of purchase.

P.S. Sigh, I really miss Gamers Club. Hate spending 64.04 on new releases (that includes local tax).
This seems really expensive for a PSP/iOS game. Or do you mean the GBA remake?

Got my deluxe copy today from Best Buy. I was unsure on keeping the preorder or not, though with the presumed rarity of this version I figured why not pick it up, plus this was my last GCU preorder game.

I definitely want to play it at some point, once all the bugs and nonsense are worked out (I don't trust any launch game and have heard of a day one patch for tomorrow). 

My RZ account shows as:

Total points for this transaction 1,190 

• $10 Certificate with Final Fantasy VII Pre-order 500
  • My Best Buy Credit Card Bonus 111
  • $10 Certificate with Final Fantasy VII Pre-order 500
  • Base Points 79

I got double points too. GCU will be missed.
I just had an epiphany tonight. What if the $10 double reward is NOT a mistake? Back when many of us preordered FF7R, we got double points for video game purchases. I noticed I did not get any bonus points for a game purchase, just the 79 base points and the credit card bonus points. Perhaps Best Buy was obligated to give two bonus certificates because of this?

I just had an epiphany tonight. What if the $10 double reward is NOT a mistake? Back when many of us preordered FF7R, we got double points for video game purchases. I noticed I did not get any bonus points for a game purchase, just the 79 base points and the credit card bonus points. Perhaps Best Buy was obligated to give two bonus certificates because of this?
Interesting you mention the double bonus points because I noticed that not only have I not been getting the bonus points, but that I am only getting half the base points I should have for my last two purchases. Final Fantasy 7 Remake Deluxe should have given me 79 Base points, but I only got 39. Doom Eternal should have given me 89 but only gave me 44.

So I went all the way back through my purchase history and discovered that the last time I got the double bonus points was in March of last year. At pretty much the same time my GCU ran out. I'm putting 2+2 together and guessing that our double bonus points run out when our GCU does.

This was the last game I got on my GCU so that fits for me too.

Now I wish I pre ordered deluxe from best buy if only we could tell we’d get double $10 cert lol. Anyone buy the premium deluxe edition bundle? If y’all have gotten it, how does it look like?

Ugh, I live in Michigan and I’m wondering if I can even do the curbside pickup anymore for my deluxe edition? I didn’t realize until this morning just how much more strict the new rules are.

If I have to get a few groceries/prescriptions at a store that’s within a half a mile of Best Buy, I’m not going to get like pulled over or some crap right? I could of swore they were heavily fining people right now.

I feel like I’m going to be destroyed on here for even asking this lol.

Edit: Is Best Buy even open for curbside pickup right now?

Ugh, I live in Michigan and I’m wondering if I can even do the curbside pickup anymore for my deluxe edition? I didn’t realize until this morning just how much more strict the new rules are.

If I have to get a few groceries/prescriptions at a store that’s within a half a mile of Best Buy, I’m not going to get like pulled over or some crap right? I could of swore they were heavily fining people right now.

I feel like I’m going to be destroyed on here for even asking this lol.
IMO, curbside pickup is pretty quick and efficient, as well as safe in a COVID-19 environment. I've now done it 4 times since my location switched to curbside only, and each time has taken less than 5 minutes, total. I've never had to leave the car, and it really is no-contact with the employees.

Of course, my location hasn't had the strict shelter-at-home ordinances put into place (yet), even if most of the people are taking it to this level in their own caution. I'd be surprised that your local BestBuy even offers curbside pickup (e.g. is even open for any type of business) if the local ordinance is that people can't legally be going there, let alone allowing the curbside employees to be working.

IMO, curbside pickup is pretty quick and efficient, as well as safe in a COVID-19 environment. I've now done it 4 times since my location switched to curbside only, and each time has taken less than 5 minutes, total. I've never had to leave the car, and it really is no-contact with the employees.

Of course, my location hasn't had the strict shelter-at-home ordinances put into place (yet), even if most of the people are taking it to this level in their own caution. I'd be surprised that your local BestBuy even offers curbside pickup (e.g. is even open for any type of business) if the local ordinance is that people can't legally be going there, let alone allowing the curbside employees to be working.
The website says stuff is still available for curbside pickup, I’m not sure if that’s accurate or if they haven’t updated it yet. I did the curbside for Persona 5 royale when I had to do a grocery trip and I agree it’s extremely safe, probably the safest human to human encounter you can do (especially since I disinfect everything they hand to me as soon as I leave the line for pickup and then disinfect my hands).

The whole thing still seems pretty vague for the state. They say, “only food, prescriptions, groceries, and other products”. Isn’t “other products” a very broad term? Lol. It also says it goes into effect after the 10th, so as long as BB is still open for curbside, I should be good for today.

I got the two bonus certificates for FF7R and also still get the double bonus points (so I got 79 points X 2 for this game).

Just curious, when you ordered did you have GCU and at time of charge did you still have GCU or had it expired? If your GCU expired at the time of the actual charge then that may explain the lack of double bonus points. My GCU is still intact so I continue to get double bonus points when all preorders get charged as well as all current purchases.

Wanted to post this sooner for everyone yet I got tied up. Picked this up yesterday:

[attachment=33850:26413A04-CEB9-4CC4-A276-FE5CD8329557.jpeg]

Now I wish I pre ordered deluxe from best buy if only we could tell we’d get double $10 cert lol. Anyone buy the premium deluxe edition bundle? If y’all have gotten it, how does it look like?

Just posted a photo above.

I got the two bonus certificates for FF7R and also still get the double bonus points (so I got 79 points X 2 for this game).

Just curious, when you ordered did you have GCU and at time of charge did you still have GCU or had it expired? If your GCU expired at the time of the actual charge then that may explain the lack of double bonus points. My GCU is still intact so I continue to get double bonus points when all preorders get charged as well as all current purchases.
I preordered the deluxe version in August 2019. My GCU ran out November 2019. I was charged on my Best Buy CC yesterday for the game.

That’s why I’m wondering if there is a correlation between people with expired GCU and the 2x 500 point preorder bonus. Since you do have GCU active, did you get double points AND double 500 point preorder bonus offer?

Wanted to post this sooner for everyone yet I got tied up. Picked this up yesterday:

26413A04-CEB9-4CC4-A276-FE5CD8329557.jpeg
IMO, these are the best kind of special editions for games. Not ridiculously expensive, like $100 or more and just the stuff I want like the steelbook and art book as I personally don’t really want a replica/statue. More of the huge titles should do this, have the big expensive collectors editions for the people that want those, but also these type of special editions that are only $10-20 more.

I had the exact same issue. Pre-Ordered FF7R and a couple other things during the Visa "Spend $100, Get $20 off" promotion. A year or so later, my card was compromised and I needed to get a new card and switch orders over. The moment I did on that order, I lost the promotion. I called Best Buy and told the rep the situation (at the time, FF7R was the only thing unshipped) and she said she would take the different off the order, but it won't show until it ships. Waiting for it to ship to see if that's true.
I spent 2 hours trying via the Best Buy chat to get the difference refunded. I called the credit card company to dispute the charge and they indicated I would have to go back to Best Buy to resolve. Waiting for a call back from customer service now. The game has arrived from UPS but now I'm hesitant to open it up in the event I have to return it. What an absolute pain.

That’s why I’m wondering if there is a correlation between people with expired GCU and the 2x 500 point preorder bonus. Since you do have GCU active, did you get double points AND double 500 point preorder bonus offer?
Yes I got both the double $10 rewards and double points on the purchase.

Well no point and i didn;t receive any dlc in my email yet
Check to see if your points are pending, as that's what mine are doing.

As for the DLC, no one has got them yet and people are pissed. Especially after what their support posted in the forum about it. Deluxe Edition orders should received the emails later today. But others that ordered the standard edition will have to wait 7-10 days for their codes. As support said that they "didn't receive the codes for the standard edition". Yeah, that'll go over well since some people will finish the game by then.

Link to the post(last post):

https://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Chocobo-Chick-Summon-Materia-DLC-FF7/m-p/1343790#M52445

I don't know why you mean by no one got their pre-order DLC? I got mine yesterday, and surprisingly even though I got the delayed email I still received FFVII today. And I got the double $10 reward. All in all, pretty happy.

Edit:

Just read your post again and looked at the link, for some reason I skipped right over the whole standard/deluxe thing. I got the deluxe edition.

Just posted a photo above.

I preordered the deluxe version in August 2019. My GCU ran out November 2019. I was charged on my Best Buy CC yesterday for the game.

At least for me, my GCU expired in Nov. 2019 and my order for FFVII was placed in June 2019. I only received the one $10 RWZ certificate, and single-multiplier points.

I also preordered the regular version with my gcu and just checked and also saw the double $10 rewards and, double points

Anyone else have in store pick up and your item says "Preparing for Pickup Today". I was told my store did not get enough. Am in a area that you can still pick up orders (AZ). Hoping this was just a shipping delay to the store. Anyone else having delays? 

Anyone else have in store pick up and your item says "Preparing for Pickup Today". I was told my store did not get enough. Am in a area that you can still pick up orders (AZ). Hoping this was just a shipping delay to the store. Anyone else having delays?
I preordered deluxe edition back in june 10th 2019 and my order was stuck at preparing for pickup today. I went to the store today and they said my order didn't go through and they are sold out. I was so pissed. I left and found out that there was another store 20miles away that still had deluxe edition. I switch my pick up location and received ready for pickup notification after 15min. I picked it up and received double $10 points.

Does anyone know if you will lose your reward certificates placed on a pre-order if that pre-order is canceled? For example, I pre-ordered Octopath Traveler (via a different payment method) before a release date was announced, then they delisted it for awhile, and put it back up months later. Just wondering if that happens with say, Bayonetta 3 if I'd lose my certificates permanently. I want to use them soon since they expire fast.

Does anyone know if you will lose your reward certificates placed on a pre-order if that pre-order is canceled? For example, I pre-ordered Octopath Traveler (via a different payment method) before a release date was announced, then they delisted it for awhile, and put it back up months later. Just wondering if that happens with say, Bayonetta 3 if I'd lose my certificates permanently. I want to use them soon since they expire fast.
no, in fact preordering an item with certificates and then canceling the item is a way to get the certificates reissued to your account with a new expiration date if you can't bank the points to use them when you want.

no, in fact preordering an item with certificates and then canceling the item is a way to get the certificates reissued to your account with a new expiration date if you can't bank the points to use them when you want.
Awesome, thank you.

So I just picked up my Deluxe copy a hour and a half or so ago from the store, and yeah I got $20 in rewards. If it’s a glitch, it seems pretty odd that they haven’t fixed it by now.

No preorder DLC though. Was the Chocobo summon inside the box for the Deluxe edition, or is it emailed?

So I just picked up my Deluxe copy a hour and a half or so ago from the store, and yeah I got $20 in rewards. If it’s a glitch, it seems pretty odd that they haven’t fixed it by now.

No preorder DLC though. Was the Chocobo summon inside the box for the Deluxe edition, or is it emailed?
Supposed to be emailed, but Best Buy has been pretty crappy lately with sending out the pre-order codes. I've had to PM them three times already (for different games) because I never receive them. Think the only game this year that I actually got an email for was RE3R.

I preordered FF7 from Best Buy, picked it up yesterday and got an email shortly after saying my preorder bonus was delayed.

I don't have a 10 dollar cert (although I have over 500 points pending, so I assume that's it?) in my account yet, so I figure it's the DLC that's delayed, but I'm not sure. Maybe it's my cert, hah.

bread's done
Back