Final Fantasy Remake - Double 10 Dollar Rewards for Preorder?

douglasmcc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
97 (98%)
Not sure if it was a glitch or intentional, but I got a notice this morning saying that my copy of Final Fantasy Remake Standard Edition had shipped.  That made me happy enough, as I was afraid it might be delayed - had it pre-ordered on Amazon but it shifted to delivery unknown earlier in the week so I canceled it.  But, back on topic - about 3 hours later I got a message that I had a 25 dollar reward.  I did not have anywhere near that many points before so I looked for where they came from.  When I clicked on the Final Fantasy VII Remake purchase, this is what it said:

Total Points: 1142

My Best Buy Visa Purchase Bonus - 83

$10 Dollar Certificate for Final Fantasy VII Preorder - 500

$10 Dollar Certificate for Final Fantasy VII Preorder - 500

Base Points - 59

Did this happen to anyone else?  Considering I preordered it when I still had Gamers Club - so got it for 51.23 ... this has been an especially Cheap Ass Gamer type of purchase.

P.S.  Sigh, I really miss Gamers Club.  Hate spending 64.04 on new releases (that includes local tax).

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the $20 reward points for FF7R, but out of 4 reviews I wrote yesterday, I only got points for 1 review. The others show up under rewards but say 0 points.

I preordered FF7 from Best Buy, picked it up yesterday and got an email shortly after saying my preorder bonus was delayed.

I don't have a 10 dollar cert (although I have over 500 points pending, so I assume that's it?) in my account yet, so I figure it's the DLC that's delayed, but I'm not sure. Maybe it's my cert, hah.
Some people, including myself, haven't gotten the Chocobo Summons DLC and there's a handful bitching about it on the Best Buy forums. I just PM'd the gaming box about it since I preordered the Deluxe edition and it's been over 24 hours since I picked it up, per their instructions. Standard are delayed a week or two. https://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Chocobo-Chick-Summon-Materia-DLC-FF7/m-p/1343790#M52445

Some people, including myself, haven't gotten the Chocobo Summons DLC and there's a handful bitching about it on the Best Buy forums. I just PM'd the gaming box about it since I preordered the Deluxe edition and it's been over 24 hours since I picked it up, per their instructions. Standard are delayed a week or two. https://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Chocobo-Chick-Summon-Materia-DLC-FF7/m-p/1343790#M52445
I got the deluxe and bestbuy finally wrote me that they cant generate more dlc codes but I'll get a code once they fix the issue. No idea when that will be though.

I feel like I needed my money back just for watching my girlfriend play it lol. She beat it in 3 days with 75% of the trophies. It looked more simplistic combat wise than that shot show 15. I was not impressed

Did anyone got their DLC from the Deluxe edition yet?
I ordered from Amazon.. but I'm still waiting for the theme and Chocochick DLC. As are a bunch of people that pre-ordered it a long time ago.

Was reading on the amazon listing that when you call they don't see any other DLC listed on the page... But if you ordered it within the past few months you got the DLC emailed to you.

I ordered from Amazon.. but I'm still waiting for the theme and Chocochick DLC. As are a bunch of people that pre-ordered it a long time ago.
Was reading on the amazon listing that when you call they don't see any other DLC listed on the page... But if you ordered it within the past few months you got the DLC emailed to you.
I actually preorder a copy with amazon as well, but I got the DLC codes emailed on the release date, even though they haven't shipped the game yet.

Only emails I got from Amazon regarding the order was that they keep delaying it. Although I did get the game Saturday.. so the code may show up eventually. 

Didn't get my DLC code from BB either, and I bought the deluxe. At this rate I'll finish the game before I get it.

I read it elsewhere that people who ordered from amazon did not get their DLC either. It seems to be a square problem, not retailer.
No code from amazon either, I guess CS told someone it could be 5-7 days after delivery.. yet some are getting it before and right after delivery date.

I got my code too. Not sure why I got two codes though. Was there suppose to be two doc codes at Best Buy?
Also just got the e-mail with the code. AFAIK there was only one pre-order bonus for Best Buy which was the Chocobo Chick DLC. What more than likely happened is that you got sent two codes. You can go ahead and verify before redeeming it just so you can double check.

I still didn't get mine. The whole situation was just pathetic for a game this anticipated. Oops, we didn't get the codes! Yet the Deluxe Edition had them within less than 24 hours. 

I still didn't get mine. The whole situation was just pathetic for a game this anticipated. Oops, we didn't get the codes! Yet the Deluxe Edition had them within less than 24 hours.
Not true. Preordered the deluxe in August 2019. Picked up a day early on 4/9/20, never got the DLC from best buy.

I got my code from bestbuy the same time I got an email saying my deluxe edition ship. I got it on release day as well.

I ordered a standard copy from Amazon, along with a deluxe from both Amazon and Best Buy (I was covering my bases). Best Buy order was picked up in person. I just went through all my e-mail and double-checked. I haven't received any codes from either place yet.

I did receive my code for pre-ordering RE3 from BB.

Should I be getting worried?

I ordered a standard copy from Amazon, along with a deluxe from both Amazon and Best Buy (I was covering my bases). Best Buy order was picked up in person. I just went through all my e-mail and double-checked. I haven't received any codes from either place yet.

I did receive my code for pre-ordering RE3 from BB.

Should I be getting worried?
I got mine nearly a week ago and it seems that's when most of the emails were sent out (for those that didn't get it on release day). Try PM'ing "Gaming-BBY" over at the Best Buy forums with your order details.

bread's done
Back