Final Fantasy Tactics - WotL (PSP) or A2 (DS)

ZForce915

CAGiversary!
Feedback
112 (100%)
I'm thinking of getting a new FFT game and I'm wondering what one I should get. I played FFTA for a LONG time and I'm wondering which version I should get.

Original FFT is leagues better than FFTA and FFTA2. You won't regret it, you will LOVE it if you enjoyed FFTA.

The port of FFT is lazy. Don't encourage Squeenix' half-hearted work. Get FFTA2, it's still a great game and actually makes proper use of the hardware it runs on.

Of the 2 I'd rather be playing the original. If you are looking for portability, you can only consider A2

WOTL is cheaper by $15 so if money is an issue then definitely go for WOTL. Other than that, flip a coin or something, they are both good games.

I picked WOTL up recently after it went Greatest Hits but managed to snag a non-GH copy, lucky me huh.

So the :psp: version is a remake of the original..right? :whistle2:s
I thought FFT on the GBA was a remake?

..Or lemme guess.
They both are? :wall:

[quote name='lilboo']So the :psp: version is a remake of the original..right? :whistle2:s
I thought FFT on the GBA was a remake?

..Or lemme guess.
They both are? :wall:[/QUOTE]

The one on the GBA was a new game...I didn't really like it myself.

huh, you know I never knew that FFTA was an entirely new game. I always felt like I was missing something when people told me how great FFT was on PlayStation and I had to say "I thought it was boring on GBA..." maybe I'll swing by GamesForLess and grab a copy for PSX and play it ala Remote Play!

Square Enix might need to come up with some new naming conventions for the Tactics series. There seems to be a lot of confusion over which titles are distinct games and which are remakes/ports.

As stated before, don't support Square's half ass hack job of a remake in FFT. If you really want to play FFT, hunt down a ps1 version.

To clarify, playing FFT on the PSX isn't an option. I want a new portable Final Fantasy Tactics.

Is FFT for the PSP just a port? And if so is it a port of the FFT for the PSX or the GBA? It is beginning to look like A2 is the way to go.

FFTWotL is an upgraded port of FFT on PSX. It has a much better story than FFTA2, and is overall better in almost every respect. FFTWotL "features an updated version of Final Fantasy Tactics, along with new features including in-game cutscenes, new characters, and multiplayer capability. The updated mechanics contain a 16:9 widescreen support, new items, new jobs, and cel-shaded full motion videos. The English version contains full voice acting during the cinematic cut scenes, whereas the Japanese version does not.[4]" (and you can play it on a television with the psp cables)

Note that WotL has HUGE slowdown on every special attack, and even though you didn't play the PSX version it's still glaring, as the sound also gets out of sync.

[quote name='rpnguyen']Note that WotL has HUGE slowdown on every special attack, and even though you didn't play the PSX version it's still glaring, as the sound also gets out of sync.[/QUOTE]

It is not huge. There is slowdown, though.

I've played and enjoyed them both. WotL does have noticeable slowdown. But it also has an epic story, especially compared to A2 which has almost no story at all. If story is what you're looking for, your decision is clear. If all you want is a portable tactics game, either would be just fine.

bread's done
Back